哈佛公开课-公正课中英字幕_第一课

  • 格式:doc
  • 大小:131.50 KB
  • 文档页数:13

下载文档原格式

  / 86
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

制作人:心舟 QQ:1129441083

第一讲《杀人的道德侧面》

这是一门讨论公正的课程This is a course about justice

我们以一则故事作为引子and we begin with a story.

假设你是一名电车司机\Suppose you're the driver of a trolley car

你的电车以60英里小时的速度\and your trolley car is hurtling down the track 在轨道上飞驰\at 60 miles an hour.

突然发现在轨道的尽头\And at the end of the track you notice

有五名工人正在施工\five workers working on the track.

你无法让电车停下来\You try to stop but you can't

因为刹车坏了\your brakes don't work.

你此时极度绝望\You feel desperate

因为你深知\because you know

如果电车撞向那五名工人\that if you crash into these five workers

他们全都会死\they will all die.

假设你对此确信无疑\Let's assume you know that for sure.

你极为无助\And so you feel helpless

直到你发现在轨道的右侧until you notice that there is off to the right

有一条侧轨\ a side track

而在侧轨的尽头\and at the end of that track

只有一名工人在那施工\there is one worker working on the track.

而你的方向盘还没坏\Your steering wheel works

只要你想\so you can turn the trolley car

就可以把电车转到侧轨上去\if you want to onto the side track

牺牲一人挽救五人性命\killing the one but sparing the five.

下面是我们的第一个问题:\Here's our first question:

何为正确的选择\what's the right thing to do?

换了你会怎么做\What would you do?

我们来做个调查\Let's take a poll.

有多少人会把电车开到侧轨上去\How many would turn the trolley car onto the side track?

请举手\Raise your hands.

有多少人会让电车继续往前开\How many wouldn't? How many would go straight ahead? 选择往前开的请不要把手放下\Keep your hands up those of you who would go straight ahead.

只有少数人选择往前开\A handful of people would

绝大多数都选择转弯\the vast majority would turn.

我们先来听听大家的说法\Let's hear first

探究一下为何\now we need to begin to investigate the reasons

你们会认为这是正确的选择\why you think it's the right thing to do.

先从大多数选择了转向侧轨的同学开始\Let's begin with those in the majority who

would turn to go onto the side track.

为何会这样选择\Why would you do it?

理由是什么\What would be your reason?

有没有自告奋勇的\Who's willing to volunteer a reason?

你来站起来告诉大家\Go ahead. Stand up.

我认为当可以只牺牲一个人时\Because it can't be right to kill five people

牺牲五人不是正确之举\when you can only kill one person instead.

当可以只牺牲一人时牺牲五人不是正确之举\It wouldn't be right to kill five if you could kill one person instead.

这理由不错\That's a good reason.

不错\That's a good reason.

还有其他人吗\Who else?

人人都赞同这个理由\Does everybody agree with that reason?

你来\Go ahead.

我认为这和9·11的时候是一种情况\Well I was thinking it's the same reason on9 11 那些让飞机在宾州坠毁的人被视为英雄\with regard to the people who flew the plane into the Pennsylvania field as heroes

因为他们选择了牺牲自己\because they chose to kill the people on the plane

而不是让飞机撞向大楼牺牲更多人\and not kill more people in big buildings.

这么看来这条原则和9·11的是一样的\So the principle there was the same on 9 11. 虽然是悲剧\It's a tragic circumstance

但牺牲一人保全五人依然是更正确的选择\but better to kill one so that five can live 这就是大多数人选择把电车开上侧轨的理由吗\is that the reason most of you had those of you who would turn? Yes?

现在我们来听听少数派的意见\Let's hear now from those in the minority

那些选择不转弯的\those who wouldn't turn.

你来\Yes.

我认为这与为种族灭绝以及极权主义正名\Well I think that's the same type of mentality that justifies genocide

是同一种思维模式\and totalitarianism.

为了一个种族能生存下来\In order to save one type of race

以灭绝另一个种族为代价\you wipe out the other.

那换了是你在这种情况下会怎么做\So what would you do in this case?

为了避免骇人听闻的种族灭绝\You would to avoid the horrors of genocide

你打算直接开上去把这五个人撞死吗\you would crash into the five and kill them? 大概会吧\Presumably yes.

-真的会吗 -对\- You would? - Yeah.

好吧还有谁\Okay. Who else?

很有勇气的回答谢谢\That's a brave answer. Thank you.

我们来考虑一下另一种情况的例子\Let's consider another trolley car case

看看你们\and see whether