新编大学英语1-4册课后句子翻译
- 格式:doc
- 大小:101.00 KB
- 文档页数:12
英语翻译1)你应该适当花一点时间休息和锻炼。
You should set aside a reasonable amount of time to rest and exercise.2)总的来说,孩子们比任何时候都更健康,收到了更好的教育。
In general,children are mush healthier and better educated than ever before.3)待适当的机会来临,他就能抓住。
He can grasp the chances that come along.4)每天他都能留出点时间和家人在一起,享受生活。
Each day,he sets aside time to be with his family and enjoy life.5)我记得那些黑暗的街道以及同父亲手拉手走路的情景。
I still remembered those dark streets and the scene I walked hand in hand with my father.6)他最终辜负了父母的期望。
He eventually didn't live up to his parents' expectations.7)相比之下,我们的用油量大幅度上升了。
In contrast,our use of oil has enormously increased.8)经过努力,他成功地克服了自己的致命弱点。
Through efforts,he managed to overcome his fatal weakness.9)由于紧急情况,这位医生几小时内都没有空。
Because of an emergency,the doctor will not be available for several hours.10)税收将会如何影响低收入的人群?How will taxes affect people with low incomes?11)我的母亲总是会告诉我,从长远来看我会很高兴我没有放弃钢琴。
My mother always told me that in the long run I would be glad that I didn't give up practicing the piano.12)这些书的价格从10美元到十五美元不等。
The price of this book ranges from $10 to $20.13)在我看来你没有什么选择。
It seems to me that you don't have much choice.14)考虑到他们缺乏经验,这工作他们已经做得相当不错了。
Given their inexperience, they have done the job quite well.15)对这么大房子来说这价格相当便宜,但你得考虑维修所需要的钱。
For such a big house the price is fairly low, but you'd got to take into consideration the money you will spend on repairs.16)我们能否从讨论上次会议产生的问题开始?Can we start with the discussion of problems arising from the last meeting?17)几年前他心脏动了一次大手术。
Several years ago,he underwent a major operation on heart.18)我们估计完成这项工作要花一个星期。
We estimated that it would take us a week to finish the task.19)我过去喜爱摄影,但我现在没有时间从事任何业余爱好了。
I used to love photography, but now, I have no time to pursue any hobbies.20)你可以爱一个人而不一定要跟他结婚。
You may love a person, but not necessarily marry him.21)恐怖分子采用暴力手段以达到他们的政治目的。
Terrorists resort to violent measures to achieve their political aims.22)他说他下午会呆在办公室里,以便万一你要见他。
He said he would stay in the office this afternoon in case you should want to see him.23)科学家已确定了造成畸形发育的基因。
Scientists have identified the gene leading to abnormal growth.24)这些例子显示了有些学生的简历写得那么差。
There examples demonstrate how poorly some students write their resumes.25)看到所有的人在办公室外面走来走去,我变得更加焦虑了。
I became more anxious when I saw all the people walking to and fro outside the office.26)最终他会明白谁是他真正的朋友。
In time he will know who is his real friend.27)哪位科学家的实验产生了一种新药。
That scientist's experiment gave birth to a new medicine.28)大半个冬天他都因病被困在屋里。
Because of his illness, he had been shut in during mush of the winter.29)他们一有机会就会练习英语口语。
They would practice their oral English at the first opportunity.30)她所珍爱的一切或许会在一夜之间化为乌有。
All the things she cherished would probably sweep away overnight.31)临近学期结束时,同学们都在忙着准备考试。
Towards the close of the semester, students are all busy with preparing for exams. 32)这么冷的冬天,我们渴望它快点过去。
We long for the departure of so cold winter.33)每当她姨妈来访的时候,她总是表现不好。
She always behaves badly when her aunt pays a visit to her.34)要不是你们的帮助,我们不会准时完成任务。
We wouldn't have been able to finish the task on time if you hadn't help us.35)我劝他别去东海岸,因为那里到处是游客。
I warned him off going to the east coast for the reason of too many people there.36)东西便宜并不见得质量就低劣。
The low piece of something doesn't necessarily mean that its quality is poor.37)如果没有人可以求教,就难以做出恰当的选择。
Without anyone to turn to for help, it's difficult to make the right choice.38)他用音乐表现了他失去妻子的悲痛。
The grief of losing his wife found expression in his music.39)只有皮特去参加晚会她才会去。
Only if Peter takes part in the evening party will she go.40)我只能把这场经历比做一场噩梦。
I can only compare the experience to a nightmare.41)我没料想到上演一个剧本需要这么多的工作。
I don't expect putting on a play involved so much things.42)最重要的不是你所说的而是你所做的。
The most important thing is not what you say but what you do.43)在这样的情况下,这个结果是所期望的最好的。
In such circumstances, this result is the best that can be expected.44)你不是第一次处于这种情形。
It is not the first time that you have found yourself in such state.45)这个困难促使我动脑筋找出答案。
This difficulty challenges me to find out the answer.46)将要出现的新的威胁是失业。
The new menace on the horizon is unemployment.47)我们有不同的方法表达相同的想法。
We can express the same meaning in alternative ways.48)他喝酒的老毛病又犯了。
He slipped into the old habit of drinking.49)我趁今天天气好打网球去了。
I took the advantage of the fine weather to play tennis.50)你甚至可以在湖里游泳,如果你想去的话。
You may even swim in the lake--if you feel inclined to.51)巨大的音乐是他有感到一阵头痛。
The excessively loud music brought on another headache to him.52)粗心的人易犯错误。