哈佛大学公开课justice整理版

  • 格式:doc
  • 大小:70.00 KB
  • 文档页数:31

下载文档原格式

  / 31
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

This is a course about justice and we begin with a story.

这是一堂关于公平与正义的公共课,让我们先从一个故事讲起

Suppose you’re the driver of a trolley car, and your trolley car is hurtling down the track at 60 miles an hour.

假设你现在是一辆有轨电车的司机而你的电车正在铁轨上以时

速60英里疾驶

And at the end of the track you notice five workers working on the track. 在铁轨末端,

你发现有五个工人在铁轨上工作

You try to stop but you can't, your brakes don’t work.

你尽力想停下电车, 但是你做不到,电车的刹车失灵了

You feel desperate because you know that if you crash into these five workers, they will all die.

你觉得十分绝望,因为你知道如果你就这样撞向这5个工人,他们必死无疑

Let’s assume you know that for sure. 假定你很清楚这一点

And so you feel helpless until you notice that there is, off to the right, a side track and at the end of that track, there is one worker, working on the track.

正当你感到无助的时候, 你突然发现就在右边一条岔道,那根

轨道的尽头只有一个工人在那里工作

Your steering wheel works, so you can turn the trolley car, if you want to, onto the side track killing the one but sparing the five.

你的方向盘没有失灵, 只要你愿意你可以让电车转向到那条分

叉铁轨上撞死一个工人但却因此救了另外5个人

Here’s our first question: what’s the ri ght thing to do?

现在提出第一个问题,我们该怎么做才对?

What would you do? Let’s take a poll.

你会怎么做? 我们做个调查看看

How many would turn the trolley car onto the side track? Raise your hands.

有多少人会选择让电车转向到分叉铁轨上,请举手

How many wouldn’t? How many would go straight ahead?

多少人不会?多少人选择就这样笔直开下去?

Keep your hands up those of you, who would go straight ahead. 选笔直开下去的人先别放手

A handful of people would, 少数人会

the vast majority would turn.大多数人选择转向

Let’s hear first, now we need to begin to investigate the reasons why you think

让我们先听听看现在我们研究下你为什么觉得

it's the right thing to do. 这样做是正确的

Let’s begin with those in the majority who would turn to go

让我们先从大多数人开始吧,谁选择转向的?

onto the side track. Why would you do it? 你为什么这么选?

What would be your reason? Who’s willing to volunteer a reason?

你的理由是什么?谁愿意给我一个理由的?

Go ahead. Stand up. 站起来说吧

Because it can't be right to kill five people when you can only kill one person instead. 因为当你可以只撞死一个人时却去撞死5个人肯定是不对的

It wouldn’t be right to kill five if you could kill one person instead. That’s a good reason.

当可以只撞死一个人时却去撞死5个人肯定不对这是个好理由

That’s a good reason. Who else?

这是个好理由其他人呢?

Does everybody agree with that reason? Go ahead.

每个人都同意刚刚那个理由么? 你来

Well I was thinking it’s the same reason on 9/11 with regard to the people who flew the plane into the Pennsylvania field as heroes because they chose to kill the people on the plane and not kill more people in big buildings.

我觉得这和9.11的一项事件是同样原因,我们把那些将飞机撞向宾夕法尼亚空地的人视为英雄.因为他们选择只牺牲飞机里的人从而拯救了大楼里的更多生命

So the principle there was the same on 9/11.

所以原因和9.11事件中那些人的选择是相同的

It’s a tragic circumstance but better to kill one so that five can live, is that the reason most of you had, those of you who would turn? Yes?