商务英语11
- 格式:docx
- 大小:14.52 KB
- 文档页数:2
Unit 11 ChangePart I Business VocabularyDirections: There are 20 incomplete sentences in this part. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the ONE that best completes the sentence. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center. This part totals 20 points, one point for each sentence.1 We have received the documents and taken _____D______ of the above orderwhich arrived at Sydney on the . “Vanguard”.A shipmentB consignmentC lotD delivery2 ______C_______ checking the goods we found that only 450 cases of ChineseBlack Tea were shipped.A AtB ForC OnD About3 This is the third time during the year ______D_____ you have short-shippedone of our orders.A whichB whatC whenD that4 It was found ____A_____ the error was due to a slip-up in our supply department.A thatB whichC whereD when5 We greatly regret the inconvenience this has caused ______D_____ you.A forB atC onD to6 We can _____B______ you that every effort will be made to ensure thatsimilar errors do not occur again.A ensureB assureC sureD insure7 We would refer _____C______ your consignment of raincoats under theabove order, which arrived here this morning.A atB forC toD from8 Upon examination, we found the goods are correct and _____B_____ goodcondition except Carton .,A atB inC onD under9 We can only assume that an oversight has been made in making______D______ the order.A downB outC forD up10 Therefore, we would like you to send us replacements ______C_____ delay.A withB noC withoutD outside11 Please also let us know what we are to do with this carton now_______B______ our possession.A atB inC forD of12 Thank you for your letter of March 28, informing us _______C______ thewrong delivery of raincoats.A atB withC ofD on13 We must apologize for this error, which resulted _______C______ carelessnessin our packing department.A inB atC fromD for14 We are now confirming that the replacements are indeed ______C______their way to you.A atB inC onD under15 We would appreciate it if you could return the carton _____C_____ question to us.A out ofB outsideC inD for16 We would suggest that you file a claim ______D______ the insurance agent ofthe PICC at your end.A forB atC inD against17 Therefore, the damages must have occurred in transit and we should not beheld ______B_____.A lyingB liableC liedD liability18 The above order was shipped _____C______, which was evidenced by theclean on board B/L.A clearB clearlyC cleanD cleanly19 Besides, the arbitral award is final and binding ______D_______ both parties.A atB forC toD on20 If parties to a contract desire to settle disputes, an arbitration clause is usuallymade in the contract well before a dispute _______B______ .A risesB arisesC lookD appear Part II Phrase TranslationDirections: Directions: There are 20 Chinese phrases in this part. You are required to translate them into English and write down your translation on the Answer Sheet. This part totals 20 points, one point for each phrase.1 个性冲突personality clash2 年度健康检查an annual health check-up3 首席执行官Chief Executive Officer4 首席财务官Chief Financial Officer5 营销部marketing department6 不合作态度uncooperative attitude7 管理顾问management consultant8 任何其他议题any other business9 办公桌轮用hot-desking10 开放式办公室open plan office11 奖金方案bonus scheme12 总部head office13 商业杂志business magazine14 净利润net profit15 毛利润gross profit16 公司简介company profile17 家用电器white goods18 员工士气staff morale19 员工流动率staff turnover20 管理风格management stylePart III Sentence TranslationDirections: There are 10 sentences in this part. You are required to translate them into Chinese and write down your translation on the Answer Sheet. This part totals 20 points, two points for each sentence.1.We want to be a company that is constantly renewing itself, leaving the pastbehind, adapting to change.我们希望成为一家不断自我更新,超越过去,适应变化的公司。
In international trade it is almost impossible to mach payment with physical delivery(实际交货) of the goods, which constitutes conflicting problems for trade, since the exporter prefers to get paid before releasing the goods and the importer prefers to gain control over the goods before paying the money. The letter of credit is an effective means to solve these problems. Its objective is to facilitate international payment by means of the credit-worthiness of the bank. This method of payment offers security to both the seller and the buyer. The former has thesecurity to get paid provided (假如) he presents impeccable(没有缺陷的)documents while the latter has the security to get the goods required through the documents he stipulates in the credit. This bilateral security is the unique and characteristic feature of the letter of credit.“Letter of credit” is often shortened as L/C or L.C. and is sometimes referred to as “banker’s commercial letter of credit”, “banker’s credit”, “commercial credit” or simply “credit”. Modern credits were introduced开始采用in the second half of the 19th century and hadsubstantial development after the First World War. The credit is a letter issued by a bank at the request of the importer in which the bank promises to pay upon presentation of theIt is actually a conditional bank undertaking(承诺)of payment.The operation of the letter of credit starts with the importer. He instructs his bank to issue an L/C in favor of the seller(以…为收益人)for the amount of the purchase. Here the importer is called the applicant (开证申请人), or opener, principal etc., the bank that issues the credit iscalled the opening bank, the issuing bank or the establishing bank, (开证行) and the exporter in whose favor the credit is opened is called the beneficiary(受益人). The opening bank sends the credit to its correspondent bank(往来行)in the exporter’s country, who will, after examining(检查)the credit, advise (通知)the exporter of its receipt. Here the correspondent bank is called the advising bank(通知行). The exporter or beneficiary will make a careful examination(仔细检查)of all the contents of the credit and will request the opener to makeamendments修改to any discrepancies (不一致)in the credit so as to ensure safe and timely payment. Sometimes the exporter may require a confirmed letter of credit (保兑信用证) either because the credit amount is too large, or because he does not fully trust the opening bank. The bank that adds its confirmation(保兑)to the credit is called the confirming bank which is undertaken(承担)either by the advising bank or another prime (big)bank. When everything with the credit is in order, the exporter will prepare the relevant documentsbased on the credit and dispatch the goods to the importer. Then he will present the draft and the accompanying documents to the advising bank that pays or accepts (承兑) or negotiates(议付)the bill of exchange. The advising bank then also becomes the paying bank which acts as the agent of the opening bank and gets reimbursed(pay back)by the opening bank after paying the beneficiary. If a bank, either nominated (指定)by the opening bank or at its own choice, buys the exporter’s draft submitted to it under a credit, it is called a negotiatingbank (议付行). The draft and the documents will then be sent to the opening bank for reimbursement(偿付).Letters of credit are varied in form, length, language, and stipulations. Generally speaking, however, they include the following contents:1. The number of the credit and the place and time of its establishment.2. The type of the credit.3. The contract on which it is based.4. The major parties relevant to the credit, such as the applicant, opening bank, beneficiary, advising bank. etc.5. The amount or value of the credit.6. The place and date on which the credit expires(失效).7. The description of the goods including name of commodity, quantity, specifications, packing, unit price, price terms, etc.8. Transportation clause(条款)including the port of shipment, the port of destination, the time of shipment, whether allowing partial shipments or transshipment(转船).9. Stipulations relating to the draft.10. Stipulations concerning the shipping documents required.11. Certain special clauses if any.e.g. restrictions on the carryingvessel(承运船只)and the route.12. Instructions to the negotiating bank.13. The seal or signature of the opening bank.14. Whether the credit follows “the uniform customs and practice for documentary credits”.The letter of credit provides security to both the exporter and the importer. However, it only assures payment to the beneficiary provided the terms and conditions of the credit are fulfilled. It does not guarantee that the goods purchased will be those invoiced or shipped. It isstipulated in Article 4 of the uniform customs and practice for documentary credit that “in credit operations all parties concerned deal in documents, and not in goods, services and/or other performance to which the documents may relate”. That is to say the banks are only concerned with the documents representing the goods instead of the underlying contracts. They have no legal obligation whether the goods comply with the contract. They will be considered as having fulfilled their responsibility so long as all the documents comply with thestipulations of the credit. The quality and quantity of merchandise shipped, although specified in the documents, ultimately depend on the seller who has manufactured, packaged, and arranged shipment for the goods.If the importer finds any problems with the goods, e.g. inferior quality or insufficient quantity, he has to contact or even take legal action against the exporter instead of the bank so long as the documents are “proper” on their face.。
given name/first name 名family name/last name 姓first adj.第一last adj. 最后的What is your given name/family name?My given name/family name is ...nickname n. 昵称Mr. 先生Mrs. 女士/夫人Miss 小姐Ms. 女士(不知道是否已婚)Professor = Prof. 教授Hey prof! I have a question. Do you have a moment? Doctor = Dr. 医生博士teacher n. 教师policeman n. 警察If you are in danger, you can call a policeman, firefighter n. 消防员to be a firefighter, you have to be so brave.singer n. 歌手writer n. 作家StructureHow do you spell your first name?It's spelled.../It's ....How do you spell your first name?It's spelled L-E-O.Hello. I'd like to apply for the programSure, what's your name?My name is Leo Le.Thank you mr. Le. How do you spell your name?It's L-E-O and L-E.What do you do? = What work do you do?I'm a/an .. = I work as a/an...So what do you do?I'm a doctor. What about you?I work as a firefighter.Wow, that's coolGrammar人称代词I/we/you/he/she/it/they形容词性物主代词my/our/your/his/her/its/theirA: Excuse me, I'm here to apply for the volunteer program.B: Sure. What's your name?A: My name is Carrie Oakey.B: Karaoke?A: No. My first name is Carrie and my last name is Oakey.B: Oh I'm so sorry Ms. Oakey. How do you spell your first name? A: It's spelled C-A-R-R-I-E. And my last name O-A-K-E-Y.B: Thank you so much. And what do you do?A: I'm a singer.Vocabularyblind date 相亲creepy stalker 可怕的跟踪者parent n. 父亲或母亲It's not easy to be good parents.father n. 父亲dad(非正式) 上帝(基督教)mother n. 母亲mom(非正式)I am very close with my mother.child/children n. 孩子kid(s)(非正式)How many kids do you have?Having children changes everything.son n. 儿子daughter n. 女儿My daughter is two years old.only child n. 独生子女There are many only children in China.brother n. 兄弟I want an older brother.older brother 哥哥younger brother 弟弟sister n. 姐妹My best friend is like a sister to me.older sister姐姐younger sister妹妹brotherhood兄弟情sisterhood姐妹情grandparent n.(外)祖父或祖母Grandparent love to tell stories.grandfather n. (外)祖父grandpa口语My grandpa plays chess every evening.grandmother n. (外)祖母grandma口语My grandma likes cooking.grandchild n. 孙子,孙女grandson n. 孙子granddaughter n. 孙女Grandparents talk about their grandchildren a lot.uncle n. 伯父,叔叔,舅舅,姑父,姨父aunt n. 姨妈,姑妈,伯母,舅妈cousin n. 表亲,堂亲I have a lot of cousins. My mom is one of six. My dad is one of thress. So I have 18 cousins! married adj. 已婚的I got married two months ago.marry v. 结婚Will you marry me?married to 和...结婚He's married to a nurse.single adj. 单身的单人的I enjoy being single.single room 单人间single bed 单人床husband n. 丈夫My husband is a lawyerwife n. 妻子I love my wife.housewife 家庭主妇StructureHow many family members do you have?I have...family members. My...How big is your family?I have a big/small family. I have....I have a small family.Really? How many family members do you have?I have threes. My husband, my dog L, and myself.Wait... your dog is a family member?Of course!Who do you live with?I live along/by myself. I live with...Who do you live with?I live by myself. My parents live in other city.Who do you live with?I live with my wife.Are/Is… married?Yes,...am/is married.No,...am/is not married.Are you married?Yes, I am.Is your uncle married?No, he's not married.Do you have brothers or sisters?Ye, I have an older brother.Oh, is he married?No, He's not married. Do you want to meet him?Grammarbe动词+主语+其他成分?Yes/No, 主语+be 动词(+其他部分)Are they your family members?Yes, they are.Is the woman your sister?No, she's not my sister.Hmmm. Then I guess she's your cousin. Am I right?Yes, you are. She is my cousin.And is the little boy your cousin's son?No, he isn't. He's my little brother!ConversationA: Hi I'm Jack. It's very nice to meet you.B: I'm Laura. Nice to meet you, too.A: Hey, isn't that Linda on your phone screen?B: Yes. She’s, my sister.A: Wow! You're Linda's sister! I didn't know that-so cool.B: Yes, we actually have a big family.A: Really? So, how many family members do you have?B: I have seven family members. My grandparents, my parents, my sister, my brother and myself.A: So who do you live with?B: I live with my sister Linda, here's a photo of my family.A: Who is that guy?B: This is my brother.A: This guy? He told me to stay away from Linda because they were married.B: Oh, I know who you are! You are the creep that keeps calling my sister.。
Acceptance接受Brief Introduction在进出口贸易中,洽谈交易程序一般按询盘--发盘--还盘--接受--签订合同这五个环节来进行的。
接受是达成交易和订立合同必不可少的环节。
接受在法律上叫做承诺。
它是指受盘人在发盘有效期内完全同意发盘的全部内容,愿意订立合同的一种表示。
一项有效的接受一般必须具备以下条件:一、它必须是受盘人对一项实盘的完全同意。
二、必须是发盘所规定的受盘人表示同意才有效。
三、必须是受盘人在发盘有效期内或合理时间内表示同意才有效。
四、接受应由受盘人作出声明或其他行为方式表示,并且这种表示传达给发盘人后才开始有效。
Basic Expressions1. Our price is quite reasonable and other buyers in your market have accepted it.我们的价格很合理,已经为你们市场的其他买主所接受了。
2. Please accept our offer and confirm the above-mentioned terms immediately.请即接受我方报盘,并尽快确认以上条款。
3. Owing to heavy commitments, we can not accept fresh business at present.由于订货太多,目前我们无法接受新的业务。
4. Taking the quality into consideration, we accept your offer.考虑到质量,我们接受你方报盘。
5. We are pleased to have transacted our first act of business with your firm.我们很高兴同贵公司达成了首批交易。
6. We have succeeded in putting through the deal of five hundred bicycles.我们成功地达成了五百辆自行车的交易。
商务英语作文(11篇)商务英语作文篇 2 商务英语作文篇 4 商务英语作文篇7 商务英语作文篇8subject:bankdraftpaymentdearsirs,thegoodsundercontractno。
555wasdeliveredhereingoodorderandconditionandwearequitesati sfiedwithit。
pleasefindabankdrafttothevalueofus$80,000forpaymentofyourinvoiceno。
1223sentbyairmail。
anacknowledgementinduecoursewillbeappreciated。
yourstrulyxxxx商务英语作文篇9DearThank you for your kind letter regarding your exceptional treatment by one of our employees.A copy of your letter has been forwarded to the personnel department and will be included in the employees file. So seldom is it that a customer takes the time to write a letter of appreciation,that I feel moved to reward your initiative. Please accept the enclosed certificate,which,whenpresented,will entitle the bearer to a ten percent discount on the merchandise being purchased at that time.This is but a small token of our appreciation of customers such as you,upon whose satisfaction we have been allowed to grow and prosper in this highly competitive marketplace. Again,on behalf of our entire organization, a heartfelt thank you.商务英语作文篇10Replying to an enquiry Ex 7: Sample answer: (219words) Dear Mr ZampieriWith reference to your letter dated 14 June, in which you requested information about A Cut Above, please find enclosed details about our company and the services we offer.Our aim is always to provide our clients with the best combination of food, entertainment and location. By choosing A Cut Above, you can relax and enjoy your special occasion while we do all the work. Events catered for by A Cut Above include corporate functions such as conversations and Christmas balls and also family celebrations such as birthdays, weddings and anniversaries.A Cut Above offers a variety of services from simply providing a gourmet menu to helping you choose the right venue and organise entertainment. We specialise in using ourexperience to meet your needs. To help us achieve this aim, we always arrange a meeting with a new client well before the date of any event in order to discuss the various possibilities. As you can appreciate, we are unable to give quotations before our initial briefing with a client as price per head varies with the choice of menu.To arrange a meeting or for any further information, please do not hesitate to contact myself or Elena Polidoro on 01623 713698.A Cut Above looks forward to hearing from you.Yours sincerelySinead Welsh商务英语作文篇11A number of employees clearly suffer from a lack of motivation as a result of dissatisfaction in one or more areas of their work. The key findings are outlined below:Staff feel undervalued by the company, both on a financial and a personal level. It is generally felt that the companyˇs competitors offer higher levels of remuneration. The perception that the managers are unappreciative of staff efforts is particularly noticeable in the Sales Department. Certain employees feel underchallenged. The company isclearly not exploiting its human resources.There appears to be a breakdown of communication in the Production Department. The confusion and resultant illfeeling towards managers has the potential to disrupt the production cycles.RecommendationsWe strongly recommend the following measures:An evaluation of job profiles throughout the company to assess whether skills could be utilised more efficientlyA review of the current salary structure involving the comparison with similar organisationsIt is also essential to investigate and take action regarding the communication in the Production and Sales Department.。
Unite Eleven 双方让步
291. In view of our good cooperation over the past few years, we are prepare to accept your price.
鉴于过于几年的良好合作,我们准备接受你方的价格
292.As a gesture of friendship , we accept the price of 50,000 $ for 10,000 pairs of leather shoes.
作为友好表示,我们接受10,000双皮鞋50,000美金的价格
293.It’s seams there is nothing more I can do but to accept this price.
似乎只有接受这个价格,别无它选
294.How about meeting each other half way and each of us make further concessi on so that business can be concluded.
会议一半,我们双方各让一步以使业务成交
295.I think that we should come to a compromise with each other in order to get t he deal done.
我认为我们应该各自折衷一下以便业务成交
296.Business is quite possible if each size makes some concessions.
若双方各自做些让步,生意是很易达成的
297.If it is really so, we have to agree to your payment terms.
如果真是这样,我们不得不同意你的付款条款
298.We’d like to reduce the original offer slightly as a compromise.
我们稍降原始报价,以示让步
299.We may consider making some concessions in our price.
我们可以在价格上做些让步
300.In order to encouraging business we are prepare to make reduction.
为了促成生意,我们准备降价
301.We found we can make a step further provided that quantities will be no less 1,000,000 tons.
如果数量不少于1,000,000吨的话,我们发现我们可以做出让步
302.To show our sincerity ,we are prepare to make you a special concession of 6%.
为表真诚,我们准备给你的特别折扣
303.After serious consideration we can accept your counter bid.
经过认真的考虑,我们能接受你的还盘
304.Considering your substantial order we can give you this exceptionally treatment.考虑到你的有效订单,我们对你做出特别对待
305.Since it is the case ,we would exceptionally comply with your request by reduc ing our price to 500$/piece.
既然是事实,我们例外答应你降到每台500美金的要求
306.We are please to grant you a 7% discount from the original offer since you ag ree to increase the order.
由于你方增加订单,我们乐意同意原价上给你7%的折扣
307.To get business under way ,we are agree to take this as an exceptional case.为了在下述方式下成交,我们同意将此作为一个特例
308.We are prepare to reducing the price to 7.21$ .
我们准备将价格降到7.21美金
309.10% is out the question but we are prepare to offer you 8%.
尽管10%的折扣出乎意料,但我们准备给你8%的折扣
310.As a special accommodation we are agree to your D/P payment terms, but onl y for once.
作为一个特例,我们同意贵方的货款加运费的付款条件,但仅有一次。