大学英语 希望英语第三册翻译
- 格式:doc
- 大小:49.00 KB
- 文档页数:5
第二册一1、首先,我们要让他相信这是可能的。
First ,we should(have to)convinces him that it’s possible2、坏天气仍可能再持续好几天。
It remains possible that the bad weather will last several more days.3、如果出了问题,谁来负责?If a problem arises, who should be responsible for it?4、我试图向他解释,但他却生气地转过脸去。
I turn to explain to him, but he turned away angrily.5、人们通常将阳光视为生命的必要条件之一。
People usually view sunshine as one of the necessary condition for life.1、我昨天不该喝那么多啤酒的。
I shouldn’t have drunk so much beer yesterday.2、你本不必要来那么早。
会议9点才开始。
You needn’t have been here so early. The meeting begins at 9 o’clock.3、过去一遇到问题,她就会去找姐姐帮忙。
She would turn to her sister help whenever there was a problem.4、地面是湿的。
刚才一定是下雨了。
The ground is wet .It must have just rained.5、难道她不该涨工资吗?Shouldn’t she have a pay-raise.二1.他开会迟到了,大家的目光都集中到他的身上。
(focus..on..)he was late for the meeting , everyone focused on him.2.他妈妈周末不让他出房门,因为他没做完作业。
(confine..to..)his mother confined him to go out,for his homework was not finished.3.医生建议我们不要让皮肤过多地暴露在阳光下。
(expose..to..)the doctor suggestted us not to expose too much skin to the sun-shine.4.尽管多年没见面,他的笑容仍然常常浮现在我的脑海中。
(come to mind)although we've not seen for many years,his smile still often comes to mind.5.请不要靠近那些动物,很危险。
(keep..away..)please keep those animals away,that's dangerous.6.瞧!你要找的人来了。
look!the person who you are looking for is coming.7.直到天色已晚我们才回家。
we didn't go home until it's late.8.刚发生地震又闹水灾。
the earthquake was just happened and the flood happens again.9.那个学生一见外国人扭头就走。
as soon as that student saw the foreigner,he turned back and went away.10.只有到毕业后我们才认识到学英语的重要性。
we will just kown the importance of English ,after we gradute from school三1、他对目前的工作感到心满意足。
He is content with his present job.2、现代科技已将人们从繁重的家务中解放出来Modern technologies have freed people from heavy housework.3、安妮尽一切可能使婚姻不致破裂。
Amy did all she could to keep marriage from falling apart.4、他再也忍受不住牙疼,于是就去看医生。
He could no longer put up with his toothache ,so he want to see a doctor.5、在管理中,评价员工的工作是很难的。
In management ,it is more difficult to assess an employee efforts.1、如果你昨天参加了晚会,我肯定会看见你的。
Had you been at the party lasting, I could have seen you .2、如果你再做那样的事,就会受到惩罚。
Should you do that again, you would be punished.3、好学生是不会旷课的。
A good student would not be absent from classes.4、要是我们早点起床,昨天我们就到北京了。
Had we et up earlier , we would have been in Beijing yesterday.5、要是她跟我在一起多好啊。
If only she were here with me.四1这篇文章里有一些我们难以理解的句子there are some sentences that are diffcult to understand in the article2学生们逐渐意识到,需要多年的时间才能掌握一门外语students come to relize that it takes some years to master a foreign language3就人口而言,华盛顿还不能算是一个大城市in terms of population washington is still not a big city4我们现在最需要的不是许诺,而是行动what we need now is not promise but action5让玛丽高兴的是,她的体重已由去年的65公斤降到目前的55公斤to mary joy her weight has decreasted from 65 kgs last year to 55 kgs now1. 我宁愿你这个月不要离开本市.I would rather you did not leave this city.2.没有水人类就无法生存..Without water,human race would not survive3.当时我很忙.要不然我会参加你的生日晚会的.I was so busy at that time.Otherwise I would have joined your birthday party.4.她把钱藏在床底下以防被人发现She hid her money under the bed for fear that the money should be found..5.她谈起美国就像她去过那里似的!She talked about the USA as if she had been to there五1、你应该立即申请那个职位,要么亲自去,要么写信去。
You should apply for that post immediately in person , or by letter.2、由于我们俩互不相让,最后未能达成交易。
As neither of us would give in, he deal feel through.3、他后悔浪费了那么多时间。
He regretted having idled away so much time.4、请将报告再检查一遍,一面漏掉重要内容Please check your report again in case something important is missed out.5、我们应及时总结经验,做好必要调整。
You should sum up your experience in time ,and make necessary adjustments.1、你有必要亲自来开会。
It is necessary that you (should) come and attend the meeting in person.2、她的英文老师建议她每天朗读课文。
Her English teacher suggested she (should)read the text everyday.3、她提议我们五一节出去爬山。
She proposed that we go out and climb mountains on May Day. 4、你去向他道歉是明智之举。
It is advisable that you (should) apologize to her .5、你必须先做完作业然后才能去踢足球。
It is essential that you (should) finish your assignment before playing football第六单元1、自从俱乐部新经理上任以来,已有3名成员退出了。
Three members have already dropped out since the club new manager arrived.2、我们等了那么久还是值得的,因为我们买到了想要的票。
It worthwhile for us to wait so long , because we bought the tickets we had wanted.3、他是教师,而不是作家。
He is a teacher rather than a writer .4、她喜欢什么就买什么,结果负责累累。
She bought whatever , she likes and ended up in heavy debt.5、如果他们不遵守诺言,我们将停止与他们合作。
Unless they stick to their promise , we will stop working together with them.1、据说他上星期已经被开除了。