当幸福来敲门经典引文Quote from The pursuit of happiness
- 格式:doc
- 大小:12.66 KB
- 文档页数:3
This movie has a political setting.Before watching this movie, I’ve already heard of and shocked by the words in the declaration of independence: We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, and there are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. By the time I watched this movie, I could even recite paragraphs of the declaration.Frankly it was merely interest that appeals to me when I first got to know about the declaration. I copied the first two pages down neatly on my notebooks and struggled to find the connection between sentences. It was hard, let alone the effort to find the relevant connection between those rare words and the foundation of a nation, which stands as the sole super pole in the world now, with a history of less than 300 years.The pursuit of happiness, it sounds strange compared with the strong and short words followed by it. Life and liberty, two clichés in the declarations or announcements concretely exist in our mind. However thinking of pursuit of happiness, chaos stirs in my mind.While the two nouns can be interpreted statically, the pursuit of happiness never exists without action. Just like what Will Smith tries to tell.The setting of the story is common, an average man undergoing obstacles in family life and work. The success of individuals varies while failures often have something to share. The difference of success and failure just lies in the fact that the success acts unique when faced with the same experience, which is called pursuit.What face Chris are consistent dilemma, misfortune and jokes of life. When we bystanders are indifferently watching, Chris holds tough. When we bystanders are shockingly moved, Chris still holds tough. Experiencing toughness, Chris is always equally or even overwhelmingly tough. He lost hiswife, while he kept his son tough. He lost his job, while he kept hunting tough. He fought aggressively on his narrow way to the success. When his car was pulled away he tried his best, seized the last chance to sell another scanner though he hadn’t sold any one out for long. That’s what we call to pursue, to pursue happiness. I still remember what Chris said about happiness: in happiness, there’s an “I” not “y”. In the process of pursuing of happiness, there’s no point in asking why. You are the ultimate and only answer, and eventually, Chris found himself, then the world found him, too.There’s no need for a consideration of the structure or plot of the story. The story itself stands vividly as a description of the pursuit of happiness. An inspiring story developed in this way is well enough to live up to the words in the declaration that all men are granted an unalienable right to pursue happiness. Christ is only an individual example of the fulfilment. What the movie tries to sell is another case of American dream that consistently inspired all generations of America.。
当幸福来敲门The Pursuit of Happyness 中英文剧本Time to get up, man.该起床了- All right, Dad. - Come on.- 好的,老爸- 快点Should be here soon.马上来了- I think I should make a list. - What do mean?- 我想我该列个表- 干嘛?- For your birthday gifts? - Yeah.- 想要的生日礼物?- 对呀You know you're only getting a couple of things, right?你知道只能要几个礼物,对吧?Yeah, I know. Just to look at and study so I can choose better. 知道啊,我只想列出来看看研究一下,好好选选Okay, well, that's smart. Yeah, make a list.哦,很聪明,那就列吧Can you spell everything you're thinking of?想要的礼物你都会写吗?- I think so. - All right. That's good.- 应该吧- 哦,很好- How you doing in here, man? - Okay.- 小伙子,你还好吧?- 还好Can we go to the park today, after?我们今天能去公园吗…在上完幼儿园后?No, I gotta go to Oakland. Well, maybe, we'll see.呃…我还得去奥克兰或许…再说吧Give me a kiss.亲亲I'll talk to you later.晚点再说Excuse me.借过Oh, excuse me...对不起…呃…...when is somebody gonna clean this off?什么时候会找人清洗一下?我不会说英文…And the Y? The Y. We talked about this.我提过的,幸福的“幸”写错了It's an I in "happiness." There's no Y in "happiness." It's an I. 这里写成了辛苦的“辛”我不是说过,我不会说英文…I'm Chris Gardner.我是克里斯·迦纳I met my father for the first time when I was 28 years old.我第一次见到我父亲时,已经28岁了And I made up my mind as a young kid...我儿时就决定,将来我有了孩子...that when I had children......my children were gonna know who their father was.我的孩子一定得知道他们的父亲是谁This is part of my life story.这里讲述的是我人生故事的一部分This part is called "Riding the Bus."这部分叫做…“搭公车”[旧金山,1981年]What's that?那是什么?It's a time machine, isn't it?是架时光机,对吧?Seems like a time machine.看起来是时光机That seems like a time machine. It's a time machine. Take me with you. 像是时光机,是时光机,能带上我吗?This machine...这仪器…...this machine on my lap...我膝盖上的这台仪器…This guy, he has a time machine.这伙计,他有架时光机He travels in the past with this machine and...他…他…他…用时光机穿梭到过去- it is not a time machine.这不是…时光机It' a portable bone-density scanner.而是,手提式骨质密度扫描仪A medical device I sell for a living.是医疗器材,我就靠卖这个过活Thank you for the opportunity to discuss it with you.谢谢您给我这个机会,向您推介这仪器- I appreciate it. - We just don't need it, Chris.- 我不胜感激- 我们真的不需要,克里斯It's unnecessary and expensive.没多大用处而且还很贵- Well, maybe next... - Thank you.- 哦,或许下次…- 谢谢It gave a slightly denser picture than an x-ray for twice the money. 它比X光机显像更精确一点点但却贵了一倍- Hey. - Hey, baby.- 嘿- 嘿,宝贝- What happened? - No, nothing.- 怎么啦?- 没…没事儿Look, I can't get Christopher today.只是…我今天不能去接儿子Oh, no, you don't, Chris. I'm back on at 7.你得去,我七点还要上班I know. I have got to go to Oakland.我知道,但我一定要去奥克兰So I gotta get Christopher home, feed him, bathe him...所以我得先接他回家,做饭,给他洗澡…...get him in bed, and be back here by 7?哄他睡觉,然后七点前回到这儿?- Yes. - And we got the tax-bill notice today.- 对- 今天收到了税单- What are you gonna do about that? - Look, this is what we gotta do. - 你说怎么办?- 听着,就这么办You see that car? The one with the pretty yellow shoe on it?看到那车了吗?那辆穿着漂亮黄鞋子的车That' mine.那是我的车There' no parking near hospitals.医院附近不准停车That' what happens when you're always in a rush.赶时间的结果就是这样Thanks anyway. Very much.还是非常谢谢你- Maybe next quarter. - It's possible.- 或许下个季度- 可能哦I needed to sell at least two scanners a month for rent and daycare. 我每个月至少得卖两台才够付房租和幼儿园费I'd have to sell one more...还得再卖一台…...to pay off all of those tickets under my windshield wiper.才够付车窗上的那些罚单The problem is...问题是…...I haven't sold any for a while.我很久没卖出一台了Since when do you not like macaroni and cheese?你什么时候开始不喜欢通心粉加奶酪的?Since birth?从…我出生开始?- What's that? - What?- 这是什么?- 呃?- What is this? - It's a gift for Christopher.- 这是什么东西?- 克里斯托弗的礼物- From who? - Cynthia from work.- 谁给的?- 我同事欣西雅It's for adults. Chris can't use it. She didn't know.她不知道这是给大人玩的,克里斯托弗还小What are you supposed to do with it?要怎么玩?Make every side the same color.把每一面都弄成同一颜色Did you pay the taxes?你付税了吗?No, I'm gonna have to file an extension.没,我要申请延后缴- You already filed an extension. - Yeah, well, I gotta file another one. - 你已经申请过延期了- 是,我还要再延期一次That's... It's $650. I'll have it in the next month.一共是640美元,我下个月就有了That means interest, right?是加上利息,- And a penalty? - Yeah, a little bit.还有罚金的总额吧- 嗯,不是很多啦Look, why don't you let me do this? All right, just relax. Okay?让我处理就好你就别操心了,好吗?- Come here. Calm down. - I have to go back to work.- 来,别烦了- 我得回去工作了Let's get ready for bed. Hey, put your plate in the sink.准备上床了嗨,把盘子放水池里去A few days ago I was presented with a report I'd asked for...几天前他们递交了一份我要求的…...a comprehensive audit, if you will, of our economic condition.全面的经济现况评估报告You won't like it. I didn't like it.你们不会喜欢的,我也不喜欢But we have to face the truth...但我们必须面对现实...and then go to work to turn things around.然后去努力扭转情势And make no mistake about it, we can turn them around.决不能犯错,我们一定能做到The federal budget is out of control.联邦预算已经失去控制And we face runaway deficits of almost $80 billion...今年9月30日结束的预算年度...for this budget year that ends September 30th.我们将有高达800亿的赤字That deficit is larger than the entire federal budget in 1957.这个赤字比1957年整年联邦预算还高And so is the almost $80 billion...今年还得支付这800亿…...we will pay in interest this year on the national debt.…衍生的利息国债Twenty years ago, in 1960...20年前,1960年...our federal government payroll was less than $ 13 billion.联邦政府的总薪资支出不到130亿Today it is 75 billion.而如今则是750亿During these 20 years, our population has only increased by 23.3 percent... 20年来人口才增长了23.3%…Man, I got two questions for you:哇,老兄,请教你两个问题What do you do? And how do you do it?你是干什么?你是怎么干的?- I'm a stockbroker. - Stockbroker. Oh, goodness.- 我是股票经纪人- 股票经纪人,哦,天哪Had to go to college to be a stockbroker, huh?得上大学才能做股票经纪人,对吧?You don't have to. Have to be good with numbers and good with people. 不用,只需要精通数字,会做人处世- That's it. - Hey, you take care.- 就这么简单- 嘿,保重I'll let you hang on to my car for the weekend.周末我这车就借你了- But I need it back for Monday. - Feed the meter.- 不过星期一得还我哦- 付停车费去吧I still remember that moment.我还记得那一刻They all looked so damn happy to me.他们全都看起来超幸福的样子Why couldn't I look like that?为什么我不能也满脸幸福?I'm gonna try to get home by 6.我尽量在六点前回来I'm gonna stop by a brokerage firm after work.下班后要去一下证券行- For what? - I wanna see about a job there.- 干嘛?- 看看那里有没有工作Yeah? What job?哦,什么样的工作?You know, when I...你知道,我…When I was a kid, I could go through a math book in a week.我小时候,一星期就能把算数课本念完So I'm gonna go see about what job they got down there.所以我想去看看,有什么工作可做What job?什么工作?Stockbroker.股票经纪人- Stockbroker? - Yeah.- 股票经纪人?- 嗯Not an astronaut?不是宇航员?Don't talk to me like that, Linda.别用这种口气对我说话,琳达I'm gonna go down and see about this, and I'm gonna do it during the day. 我去看看情况,利用白天的时间You should probably do your sales calls.嗯,你该打电话推销才对I don't need you to tell me about my sales calls, Linda.还要你来告诉我,琳达I got three of them before the damn office is even open.人家办公室开门前,我就打了三通电话了Do you remember that rent is due next week?还记得下星期就要付房租吗?Probably not.大概不记得了吧?We're already two months behind.我们已经两个月没付Next week we'll owe three months.下星期就欠三个月了I've been pulling double shifts for four months now, Chris.我已经上双份班四个月了!Just sell what's in your contract. Get us out of that business.就…赶快把合约规定的数额卖完咱们好脱身吧Linda, that is what I am trying to do.琳达,我不是正努力那么做嘛!This is what I'm trying to do for my family...努力来改善这个家...for you and for Christopher.为你,为儿子What's the matter with you?你到底是怎么了?Linda.琳达Linda.琳达[迪安.维特.雷诺斯公司,经纪人实习培训] 现在接受申请This part of my life is called "Being Stupid."我人生的这部分叫做…“冒傻气”Can I ask you a favor, miss?能帮个忙吗,小姐Do you mind if I leave this here with you just for five minutes?帮我看下这个行吗,就5分钟I have a meeting in there and I don't wanna carry that...我在那儿有个会带这个进去看上去很不正式...Looking smalltime.Here is a dollar and I'll give you more money when I come back out. 先给你1块钱一会我出来再多给你点Okay? It's not valuable. You can't sell it anywhere.好吗?这玩意不值钱,你也卖不出去I can't even sell it, and it's my job. All right?我是干这个的都卖不掉,好吗?- Chris? Tim Brophy, Resources. - Yes. How are you?- 克里斯吗?我是提姆·布鲁菲,人事部的- 是我,你好吗?- Come with me. - Yes, sir.- 跟我来- 好的,先生Let me see if I can find you an application for our internship.我看看能不能帮你找份实习申请表I'm afraid that's all we can do for you. See, this is a satellite office. 我能做的也只有这个了这里只是分公司Jay Twistle in the main office, he oversees Witter Resources.总部的杰·托斯特尔是全面负责人事工作的I mean, I'm... You know, I'm just this office.我的意思是,我只负责这里As you can see, we got a hell of lot of applications here, so...你看,已经有一大堆人申请了…所以…Normally I have a resume sheet, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. 我这应该还有履历表的但是现在找不到了- We... - Thank you very much.- 我们…- 非常感谢I need to go.我得走了I'll bring this back.我…我…我会把这个交过来的- Thank you. - Okay.- 谢谢- 好的Trusting a hippie girl with my scanner. Why did I do that?把扫描仪托付给一个嬉皮女孩?为什么我会这么做?Excuse me. Excuse me.借过,借过Like I said, this part of my life is called "Being Stupid."就像我刚说的,我人生的这部分叫做“冒傻气”Hey! Hey! Hey! Don't move! Don't move! Stay...!嘿,嘿!别动!呆着别动!别…Stop! Stop!停下!停下!Don't move! Stop this...! Stop the train!别走!停下!停下这地铁!Stop! Stop!停!停下来!The program took just 20 people every six months.这个培训每半年才招20人One got the job.最后只有1人受雇There were three blank lines after "high school" to list more education. 申请表上“高中”之后还有3行线用来填写接受过的其他教育I didn't need that many lines.对我来说,根本就是多余Try and sleep. It's late.快睡觉,不早了It' a puzzle measuring just 3 inches by 3 inches on each side...这种魔方每面都是3英寸x3英寸...made up of multiple colors that you twist and turn...由多种颜色组成玩法就是通过旋转...and try to get to a solid color on each side.最终使每面呈现同一颜色This little cube is the gift sensation of 1981.这小玩意是1981年的送礼佳品Don't expect to solve it easily.但是想把它玩好可没那么容易Although we did encounter one math professor at USF...尽管我们确实碰到一位旧金山大学的数学教授...who took just 30 minutes on his.只花了30分钟就拼好This is as far as I've gotten on mine.这个是我尽最大努力拼的了As you can see, I still have a long way to go.大家可以看到离完成还早着呢This is Jim Finnerty reporting for KJSF in Richmond.这里是吉米·芬尼迪从KJSF里士满发回的报道Hey, wake up.嘿,醒醒Eat.快吃- Bye, Mom. - Bye, baby.- 妈,再见- 再见,宝贝- Come back without that, please. - Oh, yeah, I'm going to.- 那玩意儿卖了再回来- 噢,我正有此意So go ahead, say goodbye to it, because I'm coming back without it. 快点和它道个别回来可就看不到它了Goodbye and good riddance.再见,“可喜的摆脱”You ain't had to add the "good riddance" part.后面那部分没必要说的Bye, Mom.再见,妈妈!Bye.再见It's written as P-P-Y, but it's supposed to be an I in "happiness."那里写的是“辛”但是实际上应该是“幸”- Is it an adjective? - No, actually it's a noun.- 是形容词吗?- 不是,是个名词But it's not spelled right.但是字写错了- Is "fuck" spelled right? - Yeah, that's spelled right.- “操”写对了吗?- 对,那个写的对But that's not part of the motto, so you're not supposed to learn that. 但是标语里没这词所以别学That's an adult word to show anger and other things.那词是大人用来表达他们愤怒之类的- But just don't use that one, okay? - Okay.- 别用那词,好吗?- 好的What's that say on the back of your bag?你书包背后写的是什么?My nickname.我的绰号We pick nicknames.我们选了绰号- Oh, yeah? What's it say? - "Hot Rod."- 噢,你选的是什么?- “改装高速车”- Did you have a nickname? - Yep.- 你有绰号吗?- 有啊- What? - "Ten-Gallon Head."- 是什么?- 无-敌-大-头- What's that? - I grew up in Louisiana, near Texas.- 什么意思?- 我在德克萨斯州附近的路易斯安那长大Everybody wears cowboy hats. And a ten-gallors a big hat.那儿的人都戴牛仔帽那种“10加仑”牛仔帽I was smart back then, so they called me Ten-Gallon Head.我小时候很聪明所以大家都叫我“无-敌-大-头”- Hoss wears that hat. - Hoss?- 霍斯也戴那种牛仔帽- 霍斯?Hoss Can'twright on Bonanza.霍斯·卡特赖特“伯南扎的牛仔”里面的牛仔- How do you know Bonanza? - We watch it at Mrs. Chu's.- 你从哪知道“伯南扎的牛仔”的?- 在朱太太家看的- You watch Bonanza at daycare? - Yeah.- 你在幼儿园看“伯南扎的牛仔”?- 是啊When? When do you watch it?是什么时候看的?- After snack? After your nap? - After Love Boat.- 午餐后还是午觉后?- 看完“爱之船”之后看的I made my list for my birthday.我生日礼物列好了- Yeah, what'd you put on there? - A basketball or an ant farm.- 你都写了什么?- 篮球,或者“蚂蚁农场”- He says he's been watching TV. - Oh, little TV for history.- 他说他一直在看电视- 是啊,是看了些电视,都是历史片- Love Boat? - For history. Navy.- “爱之船”也是吗?- 是啊,是关于海军历史的That's not the Navy.那可不是海军历史片I mean, he could watch television at home.我的意思是,他可以在家看电视We're paying you $ 150 a month. If he's gonna be sitting around...我们每月付150块给你要是他就坐在这儿…...watching TV all day, we're taking him out of here.一直看电视的话,我们就带他走Go pay more at other daycare if you don't like Navy TV.你要是不喜欢海军片的话就多花钱去别家幼儿园好了You late pay anyway. You complain. I complain.反正你总是晚付钱你抱怨,我还抱怨呢Can you at least put the dog upstairs in your room or something?那能不能把狗带到楼上去?关到你房间或什么地方Bye.再见I was waiting for Witter Resource head Jay Twistle...我在等维特公司人事部主管杰·托斯特尔...whose name sounded so delightful, like he'd give me a job and a hug.他的名字听起来很可爱就好像他会给我份工作,外加一个拥抱I just had to show him I was good with numbers and good with people. 而我所要做的,就是让他知道我精通数字,而且懂得待人之道- Morning, Mr. Twistle. - Good morning.- 早上好,托斯特尔先生- 早上好- Mr. Twistle, Chris Gardner. - Hi.- 托斯特尔先生,我是克里斯·迦纳- 你好I wanted to drop this off personally and make your acquaintance.我得在你进去之前亲自把这个交给您和您认识一下I thought I'd catch you on the way in. I'd love the opportunity to discuss... 希望有机会能和您坐下聊聊...what may seem like weaknesses on my application.我申请表上看起来比较薄弱的几点We'll start with this, and we'll call you if we wanna sit down.好的,我们要先看下你的申请表,克里斯需要面试的话会通知你的- Yes, sir. You have a great day. - You too.- 好的,先生,祝您愉快- 你也是Hey, yeah, how you doing?嗨,你好This is Chris Gardner calling for Dr. Delsey.我是克里斯·迦纳找戴尔斯医生Yeah, I'm running a little late for a sales call.我要晚一点才能来推销I was wondering if... Yeah, Osteo National.能不能…对,国立阿斯提公司Right. We can still...? Half an hour?对,我们能不能…半小时后?Yes. Beautiful. Beautiful. Thank you, thank you.太好了,没问题,谢谢Hey! Hey!嘿!嘿!Hey!嘿!This part of my life...我人生的这部分- Wait! ...this part here...眼前的这部分...it' called "Running."叫做“追赶”Hey! Hey!嘿!嘿!Wait!等一下!Hey! Wait!嘿!等一下!That was my stolen machine.那是我被偷的仪器Unless she was with a guy who sold them too.除非跟她在一起的那家伙也是做这行的Which was unlikely...不过可能性不大...because I was the only one selling them in the Bay Area. 因为旧金山海湾地区销售此仪器的仅我一家I spent our entire life savings on these things.我把所有的积蓄都押在这上面了It was such a revolutionary machine.押在这个革命性的仪器上了- Can you feel it, baby? - Oh, yeah.- 亲爱的,你感觉到了吗?- 当然了You got me doing all the work.你在叫我一个人忙活What I didn't know is that doctors and hospitals...但是我没想到,医院的医生们...would consider them unnecessary luxuries.会认为它是没用的奢侈品I even asked the landlord to take a picture.我甚至请房东给我们照了相So if I lost one, it was like losing a month' groceries.所以丢了一台仪器就意味着损失了一个月的伙食Hey, hey! Wait! Wait!嘿!嘿!等一下,等一下!Hey, get back here!嘿!回来!Hey, man, I...嘿,老兄,我…- Who's he? - He's that guy...- 他是谁?- 就是那个…- Did you forget? - Forget what?- 你忘了吗?- 忘了什么?You're not supposed to have any of those.你不该带这东西回家的- Yeah, I know. - You have two now.- 是的,我知道- 但你现在却有2台Hey.嘿Hey, Mom.嘿,妈One, two, three!1,2,3- That's a basketball! - Hey, hey. What do you mean?- 是个篮球!- 嗨,什么意思?You don't know that that's a basketball.谁说这是篮球啊?This could be an ant farm. This could be a microscope or anything.有可能是“蚂蚁农场”也可能是显微镜或别的什么- No, it's not. - There, there.- 不,不是的- 拿不到了吧All right, come on. Open him up. Open him up.好吧,快打开吧- That paper's a little heavy, huh? - Yeah, but I got it.- 纸有点厚,是吗?- 是的,但是我能打开You should've seen me out there today.你今天真应该在场的Somebody stole a scanner. I had to run the old girl down...有个女孩偷了我的扫描仪我就一直追她…Whatever.随便吧- What? - Whatever, Chris.- 什么?- 随便怎么着吧,克里斯What the hell you got attitude about?你这是什么态度?- "Whatever" what? - Every day's got some damn story.- 随便什么?- 每天都他妈的有逸闻Hey, Roy. Roy!嘿!罗伊!罗伊!Can you beat your little rug when nobody's out here?能不能没人的时候再拍毯子?There's dust and shit all over.尘土飞扬的- I'm trying to keep a clean house. - Hey, wait a second.- 我只是在打扫房间…- 嗨,等一下Look, Linda, relax.听我说,琳达,放松We're gonna come out of this. Everything is gonna be fine, all right?我们会渡过难关的一切都会好起来的,好吗?You said that before, when I got pregnant. "It'll be fine."你以前就这么说过,我怀孕的时候你就说:“一切都会好起来的”- So you don't trust me now? - Whatever. I don't care.- 这么说你不再相信我了?- 随便,我不在乎- Taxi! - Mr. Twistle.- 出租!- 托斯特尔先生- Yeah, hi. - Hi. Chris Gardner.- 是的- 你好,我是克里斯·迦纳Yeah, hi. Listen. What can I do for you?你好,有什么事吗?I submitted an application for the intern program about a month ago... 我一个月前交了份实习申请表...and I would just love to sit with you briefly...我想找机会和您坐下来简单谈谈…Listen, I'm going to Noe Valley, Chris.听着,我要赶去诺亚谷,克里斯- Take care of yourself. - Mr. Twistle.- 你保重- 托斯特尔先生Actually, I'm on my way to Noe V alley also.我正好也要去诺亚谷How about we share a ride?我搭个车怎么样?- All right, get in. - All right.- 好吧,上车吧- 好的So when I was in the Navy, I worked for a doctor...我在海军服役时为一个医生工作...who loved to play golf, hours every day...他很喜欢高尔夫每天都要花很多时间在那上面...and I would actually perform medical procedures...我还得替他处理医疗事务...when he'd leave me in the office.当他不在的时候So I'm used to being in a position where I have to make decisions and... 我习惯于做出抉择,而且…Mr. Twistle, listen. This is a very important...托斯特尔先生,听我说,这很重要I'm sorry. I'm sorry. This thing's impossible.对不起,对不起这东西不可能拼出来的- I can do it. - No, you can't. No one can.- 我可以- 你不行,没人可以的- That's bullshit. - No, I'm pretty sure I can do it.- 不可能的- 我确定我能行的- No, you can't. - Let me see it.- 你不行- 让我看看Give it here.给我Oh, yeah. Oh, wow, you really messed it up.哦,你真是拼的一团糟啊Sorry.不好意思It looks like it works around a swivel, so the center pieces never move.看起来这些是围绕一个轴心转动中间的这部分保持不动So if it's yellow in the center, that's the yellow side.所以说如果中间那片是黄色这面就应该是黄色的If it's red in the center, that's the red side.如果中间那片是红色那么这面就应该是红色的- Okay. - So... You can slow down.- 好的- 开慢点吧Listen, we can drive around all day. I don't believe you can do this. 我们可以就这么一直开下去我就不信你能拼出来- Yeah, I can. - No, you can't.- 我可以的- 不,你不成- Yes, I can. - No, you can't.- 我可以的- 不,你不成I'm telling you, no one can.不,你不行,没人可以的See? That's all I ever do.看到没?我就只能到这步了You almost have this side.那面快拼出来了Holy cow.哦,你拼出来了- You almost had that one. - I'm gonna get it.- 哦,那面也快拼出来了- 我能全部拼出来的Look at that.真厉害啊You're almost there.快好了- 17.10. - This is me.- 17块1毛- 我到了Good job.拼得不错- Goodbye. - Yeah. I'll see you soon.- 再见- 回头见Where are you going, sir?先生,你要去哪里?Excuse me, sir. Where are you going, please?对不起,先生?你要去哪里?Two... A couple of blocks.呃…2个…几个街区就到- Just flip around. - Okay.- 调下头- 好的Hey! Stop it! Hey!嘿,停下!- Where are you going? Come here! - No!- 你到哪儿去?回来!-不!- No, no, no! - You asshole, give me my money!- 不,不,不!- 你这缺德鬼,给我钱- Give me my money. - Please stop.- 给我钱!- 别,别这样!- Please, please, please! - Son of a bitch.- 别这样!- 混蛋!Please! He should've paid you!他应该付钱,他应该给你钱的!- Come here! - I'm sorry.- 别跑- 对不起,抱歉- I'm so sorry. - I'll kick your ass!- 对不起- 我会教训你的!- I'm sorry! - Idiot.- 对不起- 混蛋!I'll get you!我会逮到你的!I'm going to kill you! I'm going to kill you!我要宰了你!我要宰了你!Hey!嘿!Stop it, you son of a bitch!停下!你这个王八蛋!Stop him!停下…Stop him!停下…The doors are closing.车门即将关闭Please stand clear of the doors.请远离车门No! No! No!不,不,不!No!不!- Hello? - Hey, yeah.- 喂- 嗨Sorry I couldn't make it home on time.对不起,我没能及时赶回家- Chris, I missed my shift. - Yeah, I know. I'm sorry about that.- 克里斯,我误了班- 是,我知道,对不起Look, I'm on my way right now. Are you all right with Christopher? 我现在就在回家路上你陪着克里斯托弗行吗?I'm leaving. Chris, I'm leaving.我要走了,克里斯,我要离开这个家- What? - Did you hear what I said?- 什么?- 你听到我说的了吗?I have my things together, and I'm taking our son...我已经收拾好东西我要带上儿子...and we're gonna leave now.我们现在就走I'm gonna put the phone down.我要把电话挂了- Linda, wait a minute. Hold it, hold... - I'm going to leave. We are leaving. - 琳达,等下- 我们要走了,我们走了It was right then that I started thinking about Thomas Jefferson...那一刻,我想起了托马斯·杰斐逊...the Declaration of Independence...想起了“独立宣言”...and the part about our right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.想起了其中对生存权,自由权以及追求幸福权利的描写And I remember thinking:我一直在想How did he know to put the "pursuit" part in there?他是怎么知道要把“追求幸福”那部分放进去的?That maybe happiness is something that we can only pursue.也许幸福是只能去追求And maybe we can actually never have it...但是却永远也追求不到...no matter what.无论如何也追求不到的How did he know that?他究竟是怎么知道的?Linda. Linda.琳达,琳达- Hello? - Chris.- 喂?- 克里斯吗?- Who is this? - Jay Twistle.- 哪位?- 杰·托斯特尔- Hey. - Dean Witter.- 嘿- 迪安·维特公司的Yeah, of course. How are you?对…你好吗?I'm fine. Listen, do you still wanna come in and talk?我很好,听着,你还想过来聊聊吗?Yes, sir. Absolutely.是的,先生,当然了I'll tell you what. Come on by day after tomorrow, in the morning.好的,你后天早上来一下We're interviewing for the internships. You got a pen and paper? 我们要面试实习生,你有纸笔吗?Yes. Yes, I do.我有,呃…- Hold on one second. - All right.- 稍等下- 好的Hello?喂- Chris? - Go ahead. I have one.- 克里斯?- 说吧,我找到了Write this number down so you can call my secretary, Janice.记下这个号码,打给我秘书贾尼斯- She can give you all the specifics. - Yep.- 她会告诉你具体事宜的- 好的- Okay, 415. - 415.- 415 - 415- 864. - 864.- 864 - 864- 0256. - 0256.- 0256 - 0256- Yeah, extension 4796. - 4796.- 对,转4796 - 4796- Right. Call her tomorrow. - Yes, sir. 415-864-0256.- 对,明天就打吧- 好的,先生,415-846-0256- Okay, buddy. - All right, yes.- 对,兄弟- 好的,记住了- Thank you very much. - We'll see you soon.- 太感谢你了- 回头见864-0256.864-02564796. Janice.4796,贾尼斯- Chris. - Hey.- 克里斯- 嗨Did you...? Have you seen Linda and Christopher?看到琳达和克里斯托弗了吗?- No. You catch the game last night? - No, no.- 没有,昨晚那场比赛看了没?- 没,没看You didn't see that, 118, 1...?你没看?118,1Excuse me, did Linda and Christopher come in here?问一下,琳达和克里斯托弗来过吗?- No, I haven't see them. - 119-120. Double overtime.- 没有,我没看到他们- 119比120,双加时赛Moons hits a three-pointer at 17 seconds left.在还有17秒结束时,投了个三分Wayne, Wayne, Wayne.韦恩,韦恩,韦恩Can't talk to you about numbers right now.现在不能和你谈数字- What's your problem with numbers? - 864-2...- 为什么?- 864-2…- And you owe me money. - Yeah.- 你欠我钱- 没错You owe me $ 14.欠我14块I'm gonna get that to you.我会给你的I need my money. I need my money.给我钱,我需要!Fourteers a number.14也是数字啊Hey, don't you ever take my son away from me again.嘿,别再把我儿子从我身边带走了!- You hear me? - Leave me alone!- 你听到没?- 离我远点!Don't take my son away from me again.别再把我儿子从我身边带走!Do you understand what I'm saying to you?你听到我的话了吗?Don't you walk away from me when I'm talking to you. Do you hear me? 别就这么走开!我在和你说话呢!听到我的话了吗?- Do you wanna leave? - Yeah.- 你想离开吗?- 没错- You wanna leave? - Yes, I want to leave!- 你想离开吗?- 是的!我想离开!Get the hell out of here, then, Linda.那就快走吧,琳达Get the hell out of here. Christopher's staying with me.快滚吧!克里斯托弗和我在一起!You're the one that dragged us down. You hear me?是你把我们搞成这样的,你听到了没?- You are so weak. - No. I am not happy anymore.- 你太不坚强了!- 不,我不再幸福- I'm just not happy! - Then go get happy, Linda!- 不再觉得幸福了!- 那就去找幸福啊,琳达!Just go get happy.去找幸福吧!But Christopher's living with me.但是克里斯托弗要跟我过!- Stop! - Did you hear what I said?- 闭嘴- 听到了吗?Christopher's living with me!克里斯托弗和我在一起!Hey. Come on, let's go.嘿,来,我们走了- How you doing, Mrs. Chu? - Hi.- 你好,朱太太- 你好- Where's Mom? - Look, just get your stuff.- 妈妈呢?- 去拿你的东西But she told me she was coming to pick me up today.她说今天要来接我的Yeah, I know.是,我知道I talked to Mom earlier. Everything's fine, okay?我之前和妈妈谈过了没事的,好吗?Where do I sleep tonight?我今晚睡哪儿?Let me ask you something. Are you happy?问你个问题你快乐吗?- Yeah. - All right. Because I'm happy.- 嗯- 因为我很快乐And if you're happy and I'm happy, then that's a good thing, right? 如果你快乐,我也快乐这就是好事,对吗?- Yeah. - All right.- 是的- 那好You're sleeping with me.你今晚和我一起睡You're staying at home, where you belong, all right?你待在家里你本来就该待那儿,好吗?Christopher.克里斯托弗Hey, listen. I need the rent.嘿,听着,你得交房租I can't wait anymore.不能再拖下去了Yeah, I'm good for that, Charlie. I'm gonna get it.我会的,查理,我会…Why don't you go two blocks over at the Mission Inn motel?你为什么不搬到2个街区外的祢申汽车旅馆住?It's half what you pay here.。
《当幸福来敲门》的英文观后感(优秀6篇)当幸福来敲门英语观后感篇一If you ask me to recommend an inspirational film, I will tell you without thinking: when happiness knocks on the door is definitely worth seeing. When your goal is not clear and you have no direction in life, such a film can touch your heart and inspire you. Especially at the end of the film, the scene of the hero applauding and cheering for himself is deeply engraved in my heartWhen happiness knocks is an American film directed by Gabriel murchino and starring Will Smith, Jaden Smith and sandy Newton. The protagonist of the film is Chris Gardner, an American black investment expert. The film tells the inspirational story of how he became a stock market trader and finally a well-known financial investor by a frustrated salesman who was on the verge of bankruptcy and his wife left home.幸福终点站英文观后感篇二The terminal is directed by director Steven spielberg, forrest gump by have starred in Hollywood actor Tom Hank paulson as male leading role, the film describes the hero on a plane to the United States to complete the will of the father, in a victor state coup happened in the process of journey, his visa from the United States government admitted, so victor can#39;t set foot on the territory, Don#39;t get stuck at JFK.Victor could not help feeling confused as he stood in a country he did not belong to and saw strange people coming and going. Instead, he stayed at the airport, sleeping on a chair in the lobby, bathing in the bathroom and making a living serving passengers who drifted by. All he had at the moment was his body, which was not free, and a small leather suitcase containing a change of clothes, a razor and invalid identification. In this process, Victor experienced a lot of suffering, the airport does not have a good director of difficult, let Victor really headache, at the same time, Victor also met a lot of friends, good airport cleaning personnel, simple construction workers. Not only that, but also a romantic relationship with a beautiful space. Finally, nine months later, when the war was over, Victor finally made his way to America, fulfilling his father#39;s dying wish.What impressed me most about the Film The Terminal was the persistence and kindness of the leading actor. In the eyes of others, he is just like a clown, but he is very sincere to everyone, believes in everyone and everything, he can find a side to make people happy, and he is meticulous in his work, and his curiosity about human beings can never be satisfied.In fact, under the high pressure of society, we are easy to see things bad side, will always produce a lot of complaints, dealing with difficult, dealing with the dilemma, we always in a pessimistic mood to deal with, or avoid, or sigh, or sad, we ignore a lot of time, a lot of things will have one side of the heart. In the process of interpersonal communication, we become more and more the lack of sincerity and trust, always be interest by the nose, actually we really don#39;t have to be hard on yourself, individual character is to do sales, when we are in the process of communication with customers, as long as the sincerity and responsibility in the first place, with our professional, I believe that the interest that#39;s just follow.幸福终点站英文观后感篇三If you are in a foreign country and suddenly hear the smoke of war in your native land, and you have no one to acknowledge your identity, you don#39;t speak the language, you have no money, and you are held at the airport. What should you do?The great director Steven Spielberg sketched such a background, told such a story, portrayed such a character. Viktor Navorski, a Passenger from Kakonia, arrived at Detroit airport only to be told that there was a coup in Kakonia and that his passport and other forms of identification could no longer be approved for entry. The civil war continues and all flights back home have been grounded. Viktor Navorski became an unacknowledged man. Unable to return home or set foot in the United States, he had nowhere to go but the terminal, and Airport director Dixon told him to wait. The distraught Victor stayed in the hall. He could not find anyone who could help him because he did not understand English. The few food stamps he had were swept into the trash. Penniless and homeless, he was a desperate man.Victor begins to look for a place in the terminal. Unused gate 69 became his home, and he washed in the bathroom every day and studied English hard. Soon Victor was copying the others and making money to buy food for the airport carts. But Dixon, the head of the airport, sees him as a problem and antagonizes him everywhere. Dixon arranged for someone to sort out the wheelbarrow, and Victor lost his job. Fortunately, he made friends with the young man who drove the food truck at the airport and the old cleaning man, Gupta, and had food and shelter. Victor encounters a beautiful stewardess, Celia, at the airport and tries to find a job in order to have dinner with her. As it happens, the wall he decorates is discovered by a contractor, and Victor is officially hired --victor#39;s life is actually on the right track. One day, the airport detained a looking mad Russian man, Dixon could not communicate with him; In desperation he thought of Victor. Victor held Dixon and the man steady. He used what he had learned at the airport to help the man out. Dixon was furious, but Victor became a hero at the Detroit airport. Every store has his handprint on it. He was greeted with a smile by every staff member. Cecilia met him once more. Pressed by Acelia, Victor tells the reason he insists on going to New York: to fulfill his father#39;s last wish, he is going to New York to ask for an autograph from a jazz musician. I won#39;t stop until I get what I want. Ecilia was deeply moved by Victor#39;s sincerity.On a sunny morning, the civil war in Kakonia was over, and Victor had been trapped in the airport for nine months. While everyone expected him to fulfill his vow, Dixon demanded his immediate return. And to repatriate Indian old man Gupta back to prison as a condition to threaten Victor. For friends Victor only choose to return home. As he waited for his flight, Mr Gupta chose to be arrested in exchange for his friend#39;s dream. Everyone cried. Dixon was no longer in the way. America was open to Victor. New York was open to Victor. He finally fulfilled his promise and could go home in peace.When America opens up to Victor, ying echoes the line that runs through the film: Compassion is the most important thing. 。
The Pursuit of Happiness(当幸福来敲门)2006With a title like The Pursuit of Happiness, you expect the characters to get to the promised land. They do, but if the journey matters more than the destination, this is a movie to skip. The Pursuit of Happyness is long, dull, and depressing. It expands into two hours a story that could have been told more effectively in one. This is not the feel-good movie of the season unless you believe that a few moments of good cheer can redeem 110 minutes of gloom. Sitting through The Pursuit of Happiness is a chore. Downbeat movies aren't inherently bad (in fact, many are powerful), but this one provides artificial characters in contrived circumstances. How is it that movies "inspired by a real story" often feel more fake than those fully embedded in the realm of fiction?Will Smith has generated Oscar buzz for his portrayal of Chris Gardner, the real-life guy whose rags-to-riches story forms the basis of the movie. (Impoverished guy becomes capitalist poster boy.) While it's fair to say that this is one of the best straight performances of Smith's career, it didn't blow me away. In and of itself, the acting, while effective, is not Best Actor material, but it wouldn't surprise me if the movie's prestige factor and Smith's popularity earn him a nod. Meanwhile, his female co-star, Thandie Newton, isn't going to be considered for any award. Newton spends about 90% of her screen time doing an impersonation of a harpy: screeching, bitching, and contorting her face into unpleasant expressions. Smith's son, Jaden, is okay as the movie's child protagonist; it's unclear whether his occasional deficiencies are the result of his acting, Steven Conrad's writing, or Gabriele Muccino's direction, but there's not much personality behind the cute features and curly hair.Chris Gardner (Will Smith) is down on his luck. It's 1981 San Francisco and his self-employed business of selling portable bone density scanners isn't doing well. His wife, Linda (Thandie Newton), does nothing but yell at him and give him a cold shoulder, and the lack of domestic harmony is impacting the disposition of his beloved son, Christopher (Jaden Christopher Syre Smith). That's when Chris' life turns into a country song. His wife leaves. He is evicted from his home. He goes to jail, neither passing GO nor collecting a much-needed $200. He gets hit by a car. He is robbed. He makes his son cry. He alienates a friend over $14. He gets to spend a night in the cleanest public restroom in the history of public restrooms. But there's a bright spot, although you need a dark-adapted eye to find it. Despite having no experience, Chris applies to enter an internship program at Dean Witter. He would appear to have no chance to get in until he amazes the head of the program (Brian Howe) by solving the Rubik's Cube puzzle in the back of a taxi cab.It's a blessing that the movie doesn't use a stock villain to impede Chris' herky-jerky trip to the top, because that would have tipped the movie into the empire of the unwatchable. However, the lack of a strong conflict makes the two-hour running length seem very long. Thankfully, there's also not much in the way of overt melodrama, but that could be a byproduct of having characters who are not deeply realized and have narrow emotional ranges. It's tough to connect with Chris and his son. Although they are played by a real-life father and son, there's no chemistry between them. We're constantly told how desperately Chris loves Christopher, but it takes a long time before we begin to buy it. Most of the time, Christopher seems like an annoying piece of baggage that Chris drops off at daycare when he has other things to do.The film's most compelling scenes are those that show Chris struggling to enter the rat race. Granted, this is no Glengarry Glen Ross, but it shows the pressure these salesmen are under and how important the contact lists are. In the overall scheme of things, however, these sequences are background noise. They are neither plentiful nor lengthy. The movie spends more time following Chris on his futile sales rounds for the bone density scanner than it does accompanying him during his broker training.The moral of the story is as trite as they come: don't let anyone convince you to give up on your dreams. Disney animated films have been doing this better for decades. The Pursuit of Happyness concludes with a caption that tells us what happens to Chris after the end of the movie; it promises a better story than the one we have just watched. The film is also marred by a persistent (although not verbose) voiceover that adds nothing to the story while frequently jerking us out of the experience of watching it. I don't need Will Smith telling me: "This part of the story is called 'riding the bus.'"This is the English-language debut of Gabriele Muccino, who has made a name for himself in Italian cinema. The Pursuit of Happiness has the kind of slow, drab tone one occasionally associates with a director raised outside of the Hollywood system. What can be an asset in some circumstances is a detriment in this one. The Pursuit of Happiness isn't enjoyable, and its meager pleasures, including the eventual "payoff," aren't enough to justify the unrelenting misery. The Pursuit of Happiness is competently made and gets lots of the details right, but when it comes to the emotional core of the story, it loses the pursuit and misses the "happiness."No.2 The Pursuit of Happiness(当幸福来敲门)2006Will Smith plays a San Francisco medical equipment salesman who resolves to change his life and become a stockbroker, but is made homeless in the processThe sort of film the Oscars are designed for, The Pursuit Of Happiness should induce nausea. There's the cheesy dialogue ("You want something, go get it - period!"). There's the annoying title, with its deliberate misspelling (a reference to a slogan seen on a wall that becomes the film's mantra). And there's the father and son acting combo of Will Smith and seven-year-old Jaden, who between them serve unapologetically as an advert for the American dream. Yet thanks to Italian director Gabriele Muccino, in his first Hollywood outing, the film holds firm.Set in San Francisco in 1981, at a time when the Rubik's Cube is sweeping the nation, the film is inspired by the real-life story of one Chris Gardner (Smith). A struggling Bay Area salesman, Gardner's product is a "portable bone density scanner", a box of tricks which he believes doctors will soon be clamouring for. But luck deserts Gardner alongside his wife Linda (Newton) and a hippie girl steals one of his scanners.Left with custody of his five-year-old son Christopher (Smith), Gardner is desperate to be a good father, as he didn't know his own Dad until he was 28. A chance encounter with a stockbroker inspires Gardner to change career and secure an internship at a brokerage. Remarkably, he manages to get onto the six-month course, but it's a gamble. "There was no salary," he says. "Not even a reasonable promise of a job." Forced to sell his remaining machines on the weekends, he and Christopher live on the poverty line, and are evicted after Gardner is hit with a crippling tax bill. Looked at cynically, the film boasts one of those heavyweight performances that Hollywood A-list stars occasionally offer in a quest for cachet. In this case Smith lets his hair go grey to convince us that this is no vanity project. But bonding convincingly (as you might expect) with his own son on screen, Smith delivers his most compelling performance since Ali in 2001. Playing Gardner as a decent, honest man who refuses to let life grind him down, it's an inspirational turn.With Muccino (best known for 2001's L'Ultimo Bacio, which was remade in the US in 2005 as The Last Kiss) in charge, Smith's acting is shorn of the usual high-energy tics that have blighted his work. So enchanting is the performance that it overshadows the film's more problematic and manipulative moments, notably the contention that capitalism holds the key to happiness. But this is Will Smith doing Kramer Vs. Kramer and the film never allows us to contemplate its dubious nature for too long.VerdictBetween Muccino's sensitive direction and Smith and son's expertly calibrated performances, The Pursuit Of Happiness manages to win you over with a flurry of feel good emotions.。
When Happiness Knocks on the Door - Speech Draft (English) IntroductionGood morning/afternoon/evening everyone,I am honored to stand here today and speak about the topic of happiness. Happiness is something that we all strive for and hope to attain in our lives. It is the ultimate goal that gives meaning and purpose to our existence. Today, I want to share with you some insights and ideas on how we can cultivate happiness and make it an integral part of our lives.The Pursuit of HappinessWe live in a fast-paced world that is filled with challenges and uncertainties. It is easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life and forget to prioritize our own well-being and happiness. However, it is important to remember that happiness is not a destination to be reached, but a journey to be embraced.Finding Happiness WithinOne of the keys to finding happiness is to start from within. We often rely on external factors such as success, wealth, or relationships to bring us happiness. However, true happiness comes from within ourselves. It is about cultivating a positive mindset, being grateful for what we have, and finding joy in the simple things in life.Embracing MindfulnessIn the quest for happiness, mindfulness plays a crucial role. By being fully present in the moment and accepting things as they are, we can find peace and contentment. Mindfulness allows us to let go of the past and future worries, and focus on the present moment. Through practices such as meditation and deep breathing, we can train our minds to be more present and aware, leading to a greater sense of happiness.Nurturing RelationshipsAnother important aspect of happiness is the quality of our relationships. We are social creatures, and our interactions with others greatly influence our well-being. Cultivating strong and meaningful connections with family, friends, and loved ones can bring immense happiness and fulfillment into our lives. It is important to invest time and energy into nurturing these relationships and creating a support system that we can rely on in times of need.Pursuing Passion and PurposeHappiness is often intertwined with pursuing our passions and finding a sense of purpose in life. When we engage in activities that we are passionate about, time seems to fly by, and we experience a deep sense of fulfillment. Taking the time to identify our passions and aligning them with our goals can bring us closer to a life filled with happiness and satisfaction.Embracing GratitudeGratitude is a powerful tool in the pursuit of happiness. By focusing on the things we are grateful for, we shift our mindset from scarcity to abundance. It allows us to appreciate the present moment and find joy in the simple pleasures of life. Practicing gratitude can be as simple as keeping a gratitude journal, where we write down things we are grateful for each day. This simple practice can have a profound impact on our overall happiness and well-being.ConclusionIn conclusion, happiness is not a distant dream but something that is within our reach. It is a choice that we can make every day. By cultivating a positive mindset, being present in the moment, nurturing our relationships, pursuing our passions, and practicing gratitude, we can invite happiness to come knocking on our doors. Let us embrace this journey towards happiness and live our lives to the fullest.Thank you.。
当幸福来敲门英文读后感通用5篇当幸福来敲门英文读后感 1Chris Gardner is a bright and talented, but marginally employed salesman.Struggling to make ends meet, Gardner finds himself and his five-year-old son evicted from their San Francisco apartment with nowhere to go. When Gardner lands an internship at a prestigious stock brokerage firm, he and his son endure many hardships, including living in shelters, in pursuit of his dream of a better life for the two of them.at last,he succeed in this,from the stroy,I know that Don't give up your pursue,maybe thingswill turn good if you carry on one more second!当幸福来敲门英文读后感 2Today, the school organization to see - “The Pursuit of Happiness", after watching, I have a deep experience."The Pursuit of Happiness" is about a young man named Will Smith, married, due to career difficulties, poor life, so - separated from his wife, housing was confiscated, had to live alone with a minor son wandering around. Will Smith had to make a living selling bone density scanners to hospitals. But he came acrosssome exciting news: stockbrokers dont necessarily need a college degree or something. They just need to be good at money management and interpersonal relationships. Knowing this, he immediately went to the manager of Witter Securities.With his persistence and knowledge, and with the help of a small Rubiks cube, he got the support and recognition of the manager and got an internship opportunity. However, twenty people took the exam and only one of them could pass the exam, which was undoubtedly very difficult for Will Smith. But Will Smith finally passed the test and became a clerk in The Vitter Company, and from then on he opened the door to happiness.The hero, Will Smith, goes through many ups and downs, and finally lives a happy life. This undoubtedly tells us that only through the wind and rain, can we see the rainbow. In the plex modern society, no ones life is plain sailing, there will be difficulties, it depends on how you treat it, as long as you persist in efforts, all the difficulties will be stepped on the foot to help you climb the stairs.It is the same with study. Only by studying hard can we get good grades. A good example is the election of Lincoln as President. Lincoln participated in 23 major job hunting in his life,and failed in the first 22 times. However, when he ran for the presidency for the 23rd time, the masses were moved by his perseverance, which made him e the President.After watching "The Pursuit of Happiness", let me dee__ realize: only after wind and rain, can wind rainbow, as long as you insist on hard, you will have success.当幸福来敲门英文读后感 3Leo Tolstoy said, "Happiness lies in living, but life in working." For an unhappy family, happiness is so far away, but the hero of the Pursuit of Happiness negates it all with his blood.He lived in a single-parent family until he found his real father at age 28. He was fired from a securities firm, failed many times in his job, and later turned to selling medical equipment, which was stolen by thieves; He runs around, but no one wants to buy his equipment. He was jailed for parking and being unable to pay back the money; He tried his best to keep his family, but his wife left home resolutely. When he was on the verge of bankruptcy, he still worked hard to do his single responsibility, dedicated to raising his son, always guard beside his son. He is obviously so unfortunate, tragic, but he always believe: as long as today hard enough, happiness will e tomorrow, for the future ofhis son, he had to bite the bullet, pull himself together, everywhere to knock on the door of opportunity, finally he finally chase their dream, e a successful investment expert.In an ordinary person, I saw his firm, tenacious, responsible and the kind of face cold eyes not to promise, in this era of everything, in the eyes of these children who are not yet minors, not sensible of independence, how to experience his hard and struggling experience. However, in the usual study and life, we have not encountered heavy difficulties and setbacks, but we have not like the father, challenge their own limits, bear the cold eyes and ridicule of others, in the direction of their dreams!This movie pletely changed my view on happiness. All things are lost before I want to cherish them.Cherish now, is to enjoy happiness. Happiness is around us, every happiness is hard-won. We should cherish the happy life our parents have created for us and face all the difficulties in study and life matter what happens, we have no reason to plain, no reason to escape. As long as there is faith, there is infinite power. Only unremitting efforts, happiness will eventually knock!当幸福来敲门英文读后感 4If youve ever been poor, this movie may be hard to watch. Itdepicts poverty in America in gut wrenchingly accurate ways. Ive been as poor as Chris Gardner, and, like him, Ive been poor among very rich people in the Bay Area while trying to work my way up.Chris Gardner is a loving father and failing businessman. He is chosen for a petitive internship at Dean Witter, a stock brokerage. The internship, which offers Chris a very long shot at a better life, doesnt pay any salary. Chris has to live without a salary for six months while risking just about everything for that long shot gamble.Chris is really smart. He can solve a Rubriks cube in minutes. But, hes poor. Poverty, like an octopus, keeps trying to suck him down to the bottom, and make him stay there.His car is towed. His wife walks out on him, leaving him with a five year old son. He is arrested for unpaid traffic tickets. He es homeless. He has to rely on a homeless shelter.All this while, he must appear for work in the morning in a suit and tie, and be ready to charm some of the wealthiest and most powerful people in the Bay Area. These people take wealth so much for granted that two of them stiff him for cab fare.Having lived through similar experiences, I cringedthroughout this movie. My stomach hurt. I winced. I cried. I hugged my knees to my chest.The movie is very accurate, but painful to watch. I hope a lot of rich people, who think that they understand poverty, see it.This movie will be politically controversial. First of all, it doesnt touch the race issue with a ten foot pole. For example, when Chris appears to stiff a taxi driver for fare (it was really the rich white guy who failed to pay),the taxi driver never uses the “n” word. In real life, I think he probably would have.Is the movie afraid to talk about race, or does it not want to?I dont know, but I know that some will protest the movies not shoving race in the movie goers face. Im not one of those people. The movies approach to race __ treating it as almost incidental __ worked for me. As a poor white person, I can tell you that poor white people face the same obstacles Chris did.Second, does the movie sell the message that if you work hard, you will succeed, no matter what, and does that message tell the truth about success in America? I think that the movie is open to interpretation. Some will see it as an indictment of poverty in America. The scene of carefree rich people driving past the line to get into a homeless shelter is pretty devastating. Otherpeople will e angry because they believe that the movies depiction of hard work leading to rewards, in some cases, is too facile. I disagree, but thats what youll hear.Third, is this movie meant to chastise black men who abandon their children? Chris is a role model exactly because he moves heaven and earth to be a good father to his son. This will be debated back and forth.The movie has a big philosophical statement to make, that has been lost on many reviewers, for example, Richard Schickel in TIME.Chris is shown running throughout the movie. Remember the title of the movie: “The __ of Happiness.” Chris places emphasis on “pursuit.” Jefferson, when he penned the Declaration of Independence, did not promise Americans happiness, but only the right to pursue it. Chris says, at one point in the movie, paraphrase, “I am happy right now. It is a fleeting moment.” We experience happiness in eyeblinks. The rest of the time we, like Chris, are chasing after it.当幸福来敲门英文读后感 5This is about movie review.Yes,this is The Pursuit Of Happyiness.Because our teacher demand us finish the movie review.—— ForewordIn fact ,I have seen this movie before class.I frist met it when I was a senior middle school student.But I have get more impressions then before.In the movie,the leading role of The Pursuit Of Happyiness,Jeffersons Declaration of independence words about happyiness kept recurring to Chris Gardner.Chris hardly work from everyday morning to night,but still couldnt make a charge.At last,his wife cant endured and left away,just leaving him and their five-year-old son.That is to say,Chris e a single father.Even worse is,Chris no money to pay for the rent.And he was failed with his career.They e homeless.They slept in anywhere.But Chris never gave up,just for his son and his belief.He still strongly believed that happyiness would e one day if he worked hard enough.At last of the film,Chris was succeed.But everyone know that too diffcult and hardly.I think everyone know this is a inspired story.And Im moved.But in this movie,the most impress me are two things about Chriss love to his son and his strong faith towards life.Afterthat,I learn one thing that if a person has a strong faith in himself,nothing will impossible.。
Quote from The pursuit of happiness
《当幸福来敲门(追求幸福)》语录
"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" is one of the most famous
phrases in the United States Declaration of Independence. These three
aspects are listed among of the "unalienable rights" of man.
“生存权、自由权和追求幸福的权利”是《美国独立宣言》中著名的格言之
一。这三个权利是人类生来享有的不可剥夺的权利。
The movie describes how a homeless father with a 2-year-old son pursue
his happiness, in the pursuit of happiness, he faces many obstacles, but
he never gives up, some his words are encouraging, take a look at it,
especially for the people who is lost or hopeless .
电影描述了一个无家可归的父亲带着2岁的儿子为了更好的生活而努力拼
搏的故事,在这追求幸福的过程中,他面临许多挫折,但他始终没有放弃,他的
一些话是鼓舞人心的, 值得看一看,特别是那些现在正处在迷惘或绝望中的人。
He was hopeless, despair, miserable at one time
他曾感到多么的无助、绝望、痛苦
He think that happiness is something you can pursue but can’t have
他认为他的幸福是可以追求却永远无法得到的东西
"It was right then I started thinking about Thomas Jefferson...
“没错,我很绝望,于是我开始考虑杰弗逊起草的
...the Declaration of Independence...
《美国独立宣言》
...and the part of our right to life, liberty and the pursuit of
happiness.
And I remember thinking: How did he know to put the "pursuit" part
in there?
以及里面提及的人生权,自由权和追求幸福的权利
That maybe happiness is something that we can only pursue.
且我开始想:他怎么知道在幸福前要加个“追求”
And maybe we can actually never have it...
也许我们事实上永远也不能得到它
...no matter what.
不管是什么
How did he know that?"
他怎么知道的?”
But he is brave, persistent, and diligent
但是他有勇气,坚持不懈,刻苦勤奋
He once said to his son like this
他曾对他的儿子这样说
"Don't ever let somebody tell you...
“不要让一些人,甚至是我,说你
...you can't do something.
你不能做某事
Not even me.
You got a dream...
你有梦想
...you gotta protect it.
就应该护驾它前行
People can't do something themselves...
一些人他们自己不能做某事
...they wanna tell you you can't do it.
却认为你也不能做
If you want something, go to get it. Period."
如果你想要什么,只管努力争取。就这么简单。”
To pursue your happiness,
为了追求你的幸福
and insist on it.
充满奋斗的勇气 充满挑战的决心 并坚持下去
Then, you can have it no matter how difficult it is......
这样,幸福之门最终会向你敞开,无论在这条道路中你已怎样的遍体鳞
伤......
Notes:
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created
equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable
Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of
Happiness.”——United States Declaration of Independence
“我们认为下述真理是不言而喻的:人人生而平等,造物主赋予他们若干不
可让与的权利,其中包括生存权、自由权和追求幸福的权利。”——《美国独立
宣言》