与heart有关的英语短语
- 格式:doc
- 大小:19.50 KB
- 文档页数:5
与heart有关的英语短语
Definition: hurt someone, usually romantically, or to
cause some great disappointment
通常是指在爱情中伤害到某人,或者使别人失望
Angela broke Brad's heart last year. He can't get over
her.
去年,安吉拉伤了布拉德的心了。他不会原谅她的。
I think losing the job broke his heart.
我觉得,失去这份工作会使她十分沮丧。
Definition: Phrase meaning that you swear you are
telling the truth
该短语意为你发誓自己说的是事实。
I cross my heart and hope to die. She's ing tomorrow!
我以死起誓。她明天会来的!
Do you cross your heart and hope to die? I won't
believe you otherwise.
你能以死起誓吗?否那么我是不会相信你的。
Definition: to be jealous or envious of someone else
妒忌或羡慕别人
I'm going to New York next week. Eat your heart out!
我下周就要去纽约了。你就嫉妒吧!
When he hears about your promotion he'll eat his heart
out.
他要是听到你升职的消息,肯定羡慕得不得了。
Definition: Do what you believe is right 做你自己认为正确的事情。
I think you should follow your heart and move to
Chicago.
我觉得你应该遵从自己的意愿,搬到芝加哥去。
She said she had to follow her heart and marry Peter,
even if her parents didn't approve.
她说,她得遵从自己的意愿嫁给皮特,尽管她的父母并不同意这门婚事。
Definition: Usually used in the first person, this
phrase means that you are pletely sincere
常用于第一人称,该短语意为你的态度非常真诚。
You're the best player on the basketball team. I mean
that from the bottom of my heart.
你是篮球队里最优秀的选手。我这是肺腑之言。
I think you are a wonderful person. Really, I mean that
from the bottom of my heart.
我觉得你非常优秀。真的,我说这话是发自肺腑的。
Definition: Discuss the main issue, concern
讨论主要的问题和担忧的事。
I'd like to get at the heart of the matter by
discussing our marketing proposals.
我打算把我们的销售建议作为主要问题来讨论。
She didn't waste any time and got right to the heart of
the matter.
她不浪费一分一秒,直接进入主题。 Definition: Not do or take something pletely seriously
完全不认真对待某事
I wish you weren't so halfhearted about this new
project! Get serious!
我希望你不要对这个新工程这么不上心!认真点!
She was rather halfhearted in her attempts to find a
job.
她在找工作时态度相当漫不经心。
Definition: Change one's mind
改变某人的想法
Fred had a change of heart and invited the young boy
into his home.
福瑞德改变了主意,决定邀请年轻的男孩己的家。
I wish you would have a change of heart about Tim. He
really deserves some help.
我希望你能改变对汤姆的看法。他真的值得你去帮助。
Definition: Be very trustworthy and well meaning
非常可靠且好心的
Peter has a heart of gold if you give him the chance to
prove himself.
如果你给他一个时机证明自己,皮特会非常可靠的。
You can trust her. She has a heart of gold.
你可以相信她。她非常靠谱。
Definition: Be cold, unforgiving
冷漠,记仇的 She'll never understand your position. She has a heart
of stone.
她永远不会明白你的处境。她是个铁石心肠的人。
Don't expect any pity from me. I have a heart of stone.
不要期望从我这儿得到任何怜悯。我就是一个冷漠无情的人。
Definition: Have an open and honest discussion with
someone
与某人进展坦率且老实的谈话
I think it's time we had a heart-to-heart talk about
your grades.
我觉得,我们是时候就你的成绩来一场促膝长谈了。
She called her friend Betty to have a heart-to-heart
talk with her about her problems.
她叫上朋友贝蒂,与她促膝长谈了她的种种问题。
Definition: To mean well, have the right intentions
心怀好意,有正确的意图
Come on, you know John has his heart in the right place.
He just made a mistake.
算了吧,你知道约翰是出于好意。他只是犯了个错误而已。
Definition: Know something such as lines in a play, or
music perfectly, to be able to perform something by memory
清楚地记得剧本的台词或音乐,能够通过记忆将其表演出来。
He knew all his lines by heart two weeks before the
performance. 在上台表演前的两个星期,他就把自己所有的台词记得滚瓜烂熟了。
You need to learn this piece by heart next week.
你需要在下个星期将这个局部记得滚瓜烂熟。
Definition: Absolutely want something / Absolutely not
want something
非常想得到某事物/非常不想得到某事物
She has her heart set on winning the medal.
她非常想赢得这枚勋章。
Frank has his heart set against his promotion. There's
nothing I can do to help him.
弗兰克非常不想升职。我帮不了他。