商务英语翻译基础知识
- 格式:ppt
- 大小:683.00 KB
- 文档页数:37
翻译1.你父亲做什么工作(谋生)?What does your father do for a living?2.我是搞软件开发的。
I'm on the software development side.3.我以前没有这儿见过你。
I haven't seen you around before.4.约翰在一家计算机公司干了许多年了。
John has been with a computer company for years.5.我妻子在家工作。
My wife works from / at home.6、因为要开个会,周五下午我恐怕不能来。
I’m afraid I can’t come on Friday afternoon, because I will be having a meeting then.7、我们打算在这个地区建一座新工厂。
W e are going to set up a new plant in this area.8、你们公司的总部设在哪儿?Where is your company based?9、I’m sort of surprised.north mid-west of the States 美国中西部的北部10、你也从纽约来?真是太巧了。
You are also from New York? That’s really a coincidence.11、我们定个日子一起吃饭吧。
Let’s fix up a date to have dinner together.12、我们将尽力满足客户的需求。
We’ll try to meet the customers’ demands13、两个陌生人正在尽量寻找双方都感兴趣的话题。
Two strangers are trying to find topics of common interest.14、这是我第二次来美国。
★商务合同的翻译由有关的运输机构所开据收据的日期视为为交货期.交货期.买方应在装船前30天将不可撤消的即期信买方应在装船前30天将不可撤消的即期信30用证开到卖方.用证开到卖方.买方需凭复检证明书向卖方提出索赔(包括买方需凭复检证明书向卖方提出索赔(换货),),由此引起的全部费用应由卖方负责换货),由此引起的全部费用应由卖方负责.仲裁机构的裁决具有最终效力,双方必须遵仲裁机构的裁决具有最终效力,照执行.照执行.一.讨论翻译及商务英语翻译的标准.二.将下列英语短语译成汉语:1.form a receipt __________________ 2.ticket order form ___________________3.application form ___________________4.an active list5.an export list___________________ ____________________ >>>more >>>more三.将下列英语段落翻译成汉语. Speaking of translation, we tend to think of Yan Fu who advocated for the first time the three words as translation criteria, namely, “faithfulness, expressiveness and elegance”. Yan Fu’s “faithfulness” means the full and complete conveying or transmission of the original content or thought. His“expressiveness” demands that the version must be clear and flowing without any grammatical mistakes or confused logic and sense. But his “elegance” is unadoptable because it refers to the use of classical Chinese before the Han Dynasty, Yan Fu held that only the language before the Han Dynasty could be considered elegant and old vocabulary, the old structure of Chinese must be used in order to represent the original fully and adequately. “Faithfulness” first refers to the content of the original work. The translator must bring out the original meaning both comprehensively and accurately without any distortion or casual addition or deletion of the original thoughts. Faithfulness also includes the keeping of the original style, as Mr. Lu Xun put it , “keep the full flavor of the original work.”。
商务英语重点(翻译版)11. What do you know about foreign trade or international business?1。
你知道什么是对外贸易、国际商务?2. Can you give some tips as advice for job interview?2。
你能给一些提示建议求职面试?3. Why do you need to do some research before an interview?3。
你为什么要做一些研究之前,面试吗?4. What is meant by good interview etiquette?4。
什么是良好的面试礼仪?5. Why is it necessary for a job candidate to prepare some questions?5。
为什么是必要的一个求职者准备一些问题吗?6. When someone describes his company, what information do you think they should provide?6。
当某人描述他的公司,什么样的信息,你认为他们应该提供?-- Company’s name——公司的名字Time for establishment时间设置Size and location大小和位置Main business activities主要业务活动Main customers Last year’s total sales主要客户去年的总销售额Other necessary information其他必要的信息7. What is the purpose of business reports?7。
创业的目的是什么报告?8. What is the general format of a memo?8。
什么是通用格式的备忘录吗?9. Before making a business travel, what preparations should be made?9。
商务英语基础翻译基础翻译练习1.一个人的外语能力有助于他的事业成功(make …successful)The ability of foreign language of a person will make his career successful2.随着这座城市建设开发,大量人才涌入。
(pour in)With the development of this city, a large number of talented people pour in.3.可以肯定地说,英语拥有世界上最多的学习者。
(it is safe to say)It is safe to say that English has the most learners in the world 4.这座城市逐渐成为该国的国际贸易中心。
(a center of)This city is gradually becoming a center of international business5.他拒绝在表格上签名。
(sign)He refused to sign his name on the form6.连续两次联系不上更加使他着急(add to)Twice failure in communication has added to his anxiety7.这个房间可用做储藏室。
(serve)This room can serve as a storeroom8.我们的任务是在两年内打开海外市场。
(open up)Our task is to open up the overseas market in two years9.两国领导人的互访将加深双方的了解。
(understanding)The mutual visit of the leaders of the two countries can increase the understanding of each other10.双方谈判花了三个月才达成协议。
商务英语翻译考试题型(课后习题)选择5*2’=10’短语英译汉15*1’=15’短语汉译英15*1’=15’句子英译汉5*6’=30’段落英译汉2*10’=20’合同条款翻译5*2’=10’一、翻译词语(可能考短语英译汉、汉译英、选择)英语错译正译1. a walking skeleton(瘦) 行尸走肉瘦骨如柴2.to hold one’s horse 悬崖勒马忍耐,观望3.to make the blood boil 热血沸腾怒火中烧4.white wine 白酒白葡萄酒白酒:white liquor5.dry goods 干货纺织品6.wet goods 湿货酒类产品7.white goods 白色商品白色油漆的家用电器8.toilet water 洗澡水花露水9.black tea 黑茶红茶10.sweet water 甜水淡水中文英文翻译1.方便面instant noodles2.长镜头zoom lens3.隐形眼镜contact glassea(间谍invisible glasses)4.青春痘acne5.绿豆mung bean6.食言break one’s promise7.番茄酱ketchup8.酸奶yogurt9.假花artificial flower10.假钞counterfeit money11.假酒adulterated wine12.恶性通货膨胀inflationary(通货膨胀的)spiral二、翻译句子(英译汉)三、翻译段落(句子英译汉)1.Good morning.It’s a pleasure for me to be here in front of present myself.Myname is Tennifer Wong,and I am a candidate for the position of OverseasSales Representative.早上好,我很高兴能够来到这里介绍我自己,我是珍妮芬·王,我应聘的是海外销售代表这一职位。