职场美联英语—爱偷懒的员工和模范员工

  • 格式:doc
  • 大小:52.50 KB
  • 文档页数:5

两分钟做个小测试,看看你的英语水平
/test/waijiao.aspx?tid=16-73675-0
美联英语提供:爱偷懒的员工和模范员工
Ⅰ.核心学习:爱偷懒的员工和模范员工
Michael: Hello sir, how can I help you?
迈克尔:你好,先生,我能为您效劳吗?
Billy: You are a model employee.
比利:你是一个模范员工。

Michael: Thanks for the compliment sir, but I still have a lot to learn.
迈克尔:谢谢您的夸奖,先生,但是,我还有很多要学习的东西。

Billy: I need you to talk to Mr. Ed. He is a slacker.
比利:我希望你能和艾德先生谈谈,他是一个爱偷懒的人。

Michael: He is a bit of a loafer.
迈克尔:他是有一点儿游手好闲。

Billy: Can you help him?
比利:你能帮助他吗?
Michael: I will do my best to teach him and others to be model employees. 迈克尔:我一定尽力帮助他和其他人成为模范员工。

Ⅱ.单词简析
1) Employee of the month : best worker in a month
本月最佳员工
ex:I have been the employee of the month for the last three months.
上三个月,我一直是当月最佳员工。

2) Loafer : one who loafs around doing nothing
游手好闲的人
ex:Big Dan is such a loafer, I never see him doing any real work.
大丹是一个游手好闲的人,我从来没有看到过他做过什么实际工作。

3) Model employee : a perfect worker
模范员工
ex:John is a model employee. I wish we had more workers like him.
约翰是一个模范员工。

我希望我们能有更多的雇员象他一样。

4) Momentum : things to keep moving, continuing in one direction
势头,动力
ex:My soccer team has great momentum. We have won four games in a row.
我的足球队干劲很大,我们在联赛中已经赢了四场比赛。

5) Slacker : a lazy worker, a bad employee with a poor attitude
懒虫
ex:Lynn is the biggest slacker at my office, but she is beautiful so we won't fire her. 林是我们办公室最懒的人。

但是,她非常漂亮,所以,我们不会解雇她。

Ⅲ.课文篇
A) Things a slacker or loafer may say to get out of work:
That's not my job.
That's not on my task list.
I don't get paid enough to do that.
You're not the boss of me.
Put it on the pile, I'll get to it whenever.
一个爱偷懒的人或是一个游手好闲的人为不干活儿而经常找的借口:那不是我的工作。

这不在我的职责范围之内。

我可没挣到干这份活的钱。

你可不是我的老板。

堆在那儿吧,我有时间就干。

B) Things a model employee will say:
It would be my pleasure to work overtime.
Whatever I need to do to get it done.
It is my pleasure and duty.
Let's keep up the momentum, give me more work.
一个模范员工经常说的话:
能加班我非常高兴。

我所要做的就是把这些工作都干完。

这是我的荣幸和责任。

让我们保持这种干劲儿,给我更多的工作。

Ⅳ.对话篇
Molly : Pardon me, Gordon, do you have time to finish this report?
莫莉:对不起,戈登,你有时间完成这个报告吗?
Gordon: Put it on the pile, I'll get to it whenever.
戈登:堆在那儿吧,我有时间就干。

Molly : That is not good enough. I won't have any slackers in my office.
莫莉:这样做可不够好。

我不希望在我的办公室里有任何偷懒的人。

Gordon: I don't get paid enough to do that. Plus, that's not on my task list.
戈登:我可没挣干这份工作的钱。

另外,这也不在我的职责范围之内。

Molly : Well, put it on your task list.
莫莉:好啦,把这份工作列入你的职责范围吧。

Gordon: You're not the boss of me.
戈登:你可不是我的老板。

Molly : As a matter a fact, I am the boss of you. You should have a more positive attitude.
莫莉:事实上我就是你的老板。

你应该有一个更积极的工作态度。

Gordon: Fine, it is my pleasure and duty to do the work. Let's keep up the momentum, give me more work ASAP.
戈登:好了,做这件工作是我的荣幸也是我的责任。

让我们保持这种干劲儿,尽快把工作给我吧。

Molly : That is better. You were a loafer but now you are on your way to becoming a
model employee.
莫莉:这样就好多了。

你曾经是一个游手好闲的人,现在你已经开始向一个模范员工的方向努力了。

Gordon: (Molly leaves) Hey Lynn, get this done in one hour, or you are fired.
戈登:(莫莉离开了)嘿,林,一个小时之内完成这项工作,要不然你就会被解雇。

Lynn: Anything for you, sir. It is my pleasure and duty.
林:没问题,先生。

这是我的荣幸和责任。

Gordon: I will be asleep in the back, so wake me when you are done.
戈登:我要睡一会儿,等你把活干完了再叫醒我。

两分钟做个小测试,看看你的英语水平
/test/waijiao.aspx?tid=16-73675-0。