【每日一招】50句地道英语习语,背完口语棒棒哒!

  • 格式:pdf
  • 大小:223.64 KB
  • 文档页数:10

【每⽇⼀招】50句地道英语习语,背完⼝语棒棒哒!

许欢欢

⼤家好,我是每天进步⼀点点的英语主播。今天的每⽇⼀招是【约翰,坚持住!】

英语功夫 | 每⽇⼀招·224期 来⾃⼀分钟英语 00:00 01:21

Hang in there,John!

约翰,坚持住!

▎倾情推荐

Hello,everybody!随着⽴秋已过,这两天真的是有点秋⾼⽓爽的赶脚啊!马上要进⼊秋季了,许⽼师相信英语功夫的各位粉丝宝宝⼀定收获⼤⼤滴!当然,我们⼀定要坚持脚踏实地的学习英语功夫啊!

那今天许⽼师就为⼤家推荐50个很接地⽓⼉的英⽂习语,做⼈⼀定要接地⽓对吧!那学会了这些,能帮你和外国⼈更⾃然的交流,还能留下个不错的印象呢~

好啦!赶快跟我⼀起练起来吧!

1、cry wolf

喊“狼来了”;发假警报

Don't cry wolf unless you really need help.

除⾮你真的需要帮助,不然不要发“狼来了”的假警报。

2、freak flag

独特之处,另类的⼀⾯

But I'm gonna wave my freak flag high, high.

⽽我却将挥舞那愤世嫉俗的旗帜,并把它举得更⾼,更⾼。

3、get out of hand

失控

The country's global clout can get out of hand. 这个国家的全球影响⼒可能会失控。

4、get your head around it

明⽩,搞清楚

I didn't get my head around the fact yet.

我⾄今没搞清楚事情的真相。

5、dig in your heels / stick to your guns

坚持⽴场

Wednesday and Thursday, you dig in your heels.

星期三和星期四,你坚定了⾃⼰的⽬标。

6、pound the pavement

徘徊于街头找⼯作

I’d been pounding the pavement for months .

我在街上转了好⼏个⽉找⼯作。

7、pull a rabbit out of a hat

使出奇招

my partner pulled a rabbit out of his hat and we landed a major contract.

我的合伙⼈使出奇招,帮我们拉来了⼀个⼤单⼦。

8、leave no stone unturned

想⽅设法,千⽅百计

I' ll leave no stone unturned until I find out who did this.

我会想尽⼀切办法,找出此事背后的那个⼈。

9、get it out of your system

不吐不快,不做不爽I had to get it out of my system, so I told her I had found another woman.

我真的不想再憋着了——我告诉她,我喜欢上了另⼀个⼥⼈。

10、step up your game

有更好的表现

If you want to win this competition, you' ll have to step up your game.

如果你想赢得这场⽐赛,你必须得有更好的表现。

11、you rock

你真棒

Thanks for the tickets, Rob. You rock!

罗布,谢谢你提供的票。你真厉害!

12、cut sb some slack

给(某⼈)⽅便;对(某⼈)⽹开⼀⾯

- Andrew's late again.

- 安德鲁⼜迟到了。

- Cut him some slack - his wife's just had a baby.

- 对他就⽹开⼀⾯吧——他妻⼦刚⽣⼩孩。

13、come out swinging

开始相互攻击

Hillary and Trump came out swinging again.

希拉⾥和特朗普⼜开始互掐。

14、go up in flames

毁于⼀旦,受到重创

His career went up in flames when he was jailed for theft.

他因为偷盗坐牢后事业受到了重创。

15、pull yourself together 恢复镇定;控制⾃⼰

Pull yourself together and get on with your job, will you?

你⼀定要振作起来,⼯作还得继续,不是吗?

16、crunch time

关键时刻

I’m not getting enough sleep these days. It’s crunch time at work.

我最近睡眠不够。正赶上⼯作的关键时期。

17、once in a blue moon

少有地

My sister lives in Alaska, so I only see her once in a blue moon.

我姐姐住在阿拉斯加,所以我很少去看她。

18、tar sb with the same brush

认为……是⼀丘之貉

Because they worked so closely in the same department, John was tarred with the same brushas Tim.

由于在同⼀个部门⼯作,关系⼜⾮常密切,约翰被认为跟蒂姆是⼀路⼈。

19、hang in there

坚持住;挺住

Hang in there , John.

坚持住,约翰。

20、shoot from the hip

鲁莽⾏动(或讲话)

Miss Lee, I have to apologize for shooting from the hip and yelling at you for losing the papers.

李⼩姐,我必须向你道歉。我由于找不到⽂件⽽对你发⽕太鲁莽了。

21、be a catch

值得追求的⼈,宜婚对象

John is taking me out tonight. He’s such a catch, I hope he’ll propose.

约翰今晚带我出去了。他是个靠谱的结婚对象,我希望他能向我求婚。

22、running on fumes

⾮常疲惫,就快熬不住了

I haven’t slept for twenty hours and I’m running on fumes.

我已经有20个⼩时没睡了,快熬不住了。

23、sell (sb) out

背叛;出卖

French farmers feel they've been sold out by their government in the negotiations.

法国农场主感到在谈判中他们被政府出卖了。

24、sell sb (on sth)

说服某⼈(做某事)

OK, you’ve sold me. I’ll go with you.

好吧,你说服我了。我跟你⼀起去。

25、blow sb away

使(某⼈)⼤为惊讶;令(某⼈)⾮常⾼兴

The ending will blow you away.

结局会让你⽆⽐惊喜。

26、blow smoke

蒙⼈,骗⼈,放烟雾弹

I’m not blowing smoke. I have honestly read War and Peace by Tolstoy.我没骗你,我真得读过托尔斯泰的《战争与和平》。

27、couldn't care less

(表⽰强调)⼀点也不在乎

- That man stole a bottle of wine from the shop.

- 那⼈从商店偷了⼀瓶葡萄酒。

- Oh, really? I couldn’t care less.

- 是吗?管我P事。

28、chuffed to bits

⾼兴,兴奋

Hey, thanks for the present! I’m chuffed to bits.

嗨,谢谢你的礼物!我很喜欢。

29、feel under the weather

⽣病;觉得不舒服

I'm feeling a bit under the weather - I think I've caught a cold.

我觉得有点不舒服——可能是感冒了。

30、tickled pink

⾼兴极了

I was tickled pink to be invited.

能受到邀请我真是开⼼死了。

31、by the skin of your teeth

侥幸成功,勉强做成

I hadn’t studied much, but passed the test by the skin of my teeth.

我没怎么学,但侥幸过了,离挂科只差⼀点点。

32、comfort food (难过或焦虑时⾷⽤的)安慰⾷品,开⼼⾷品

Fat and sugar – the twin pillars of the best comfort food.

脂肪和糖类是安慰⾷品的两⼤⽀柱。

33、skeleton staff

(企业或机构运转需要的)最基本的⼯作⼈员

The hospital has a skeleton staff at weekends.

该医院周末只有必需岗位上的⼯作⼈员会上班。

34、baker's dozen

⼗三

We had a baker's dozen of eggs for fourteen of us at the time.

当时我们⼗四个⼈有⼗三个鸡蛋。

35、let the chips fall where they may

随它去,不去管结果了

Kathy decided to risk her money on the investment, and let the chips fall where they may.

凯西决定冒险投资,不去管结果了。

36、no-brainer

不费脑筋之事;容易处理的问题

That last test question was a complete no-brainer.

最后那道测试题丝毫不费脑筋。

37、a stone's throw

很短的距离,掷⽯之遥

The cottage is just a stone's throw from the sea.

⼩屋离海只有⼀箭之遥。