当前位置:文档之家› 口译测试题

口译测试题

口译测试题
口译测试题

1. 我订一张去伦敦的票。I’d like a ticket to London, please.

明天上午9点我到酒店大堂来接你们Tomorrow morning at 9:00 o’clock, I will come to meet you at the lobby.

我们很重视技术的发展和产品的开发We value the development of technology and products. 我们有很多式样和颜色可供选择。We have a wide selection of colors and designs.

你们的品位真高啊。这些衬衫在海外市场很畅销呢。I should say you have such a high taste. These shirts are our best sellers in overseas markets.

2. 你来美国的目的是什么?For what purpose are you coming to America?

我们的总经理期待着你去考察我们公司Our general manager is expecting your visit to our company.

你们是怎样保证产品质量的?How do you ensure quality control?

因原材料短缺,价格有所提高。Prices are boosted because of shortage of raw materials.

我们的最低价是每件纽卡斯尔到岸价13.4美元。Our best price is US$13.4 per piece CIF Newcastle.

3. 请出示您的护照、登机牌和海关申报表。Can I have your passport, entry card, and customs declaration form, please.

谢谢你们的盛情招待。明天见Thank you for your hospitality. See you tomorrow

我们目前已与全球60多个国家和地区的公司建立了贸易关系we have established business relations with companies in more than 60 countries and regions in the world

我们的产品比竞争对手的质量更好,价格更低。Compared with those of our competitors, our products are of higher quality and lower prices.

在我们市场上中国产品很畅销,原因就是价格很优惠。Chinese products sell well in our market. The main reason is that the price is very favorable.

4. 请填写入住登记表. Would you please fill in this registration form?

我们能去看看港口吗?我急切想亲眼看看Shall we go to the port and have a look? I’m eager to see it with my own eyes

我们也视与你们合作为一个契机We also view the cooperation with you as a good chance.

为进入竞争激烈的市场,他们降低了价格。They lowered their prices in order to enter the competitive market.

你能给予折扣吗?给予折扣可是惯例。Could you give me a discount as this is a general practice?

5. 请问,今天有多少班飞往旧金山的飞机?Excuse me, could you tell me how many flights to San Francisco today?

这里的自然条件很好The natural conditions here are pretty good.

我们今天下午安排您参观我们的厂房,您觉得这样的安排怎样?we’d like you to visit our factory this afternoon. What do you think of it?

那是我们的最新款式,性能卓越,两个月前才刚刚投入市场。That' s our latest design. We put it on the market just two months ago.

超过5000件,我们确实给予10%的折扣We do offer 10% discount for an order of more than 5, 000 pieces

6. 很高兴见到您。我们一直期待着您的到来。Glad to see you. We've been expecting your coming.

这也是我们希望能同你们建立业务联系的原因That’s why we want to enter business relations with you

我想买些纪念品,你有什么建议么?I’d like to buy some souvenirs. What’s your recommendation?

还没有人能在速度上超越我们的水平No one is better than us in speed

你们得考虑质量啊。你知道我们的产品质量优良,But you should take the quality into consideration. You know our products are of high quality

7. Nice to see you. Thank you for coming to meet us in person. 很高兴见到您。谢谢您专程来接我们。

希望能有机会学习你们的先进技术和管理经验We hope to have opportunity to learn advanced technologies and management expertise from you

我们有好几种价格,175元到500元不等We have several prices, ranging from 175 Yuan to 500 Yuan

你能不能再多介绍一些该项产品的信息?Could you give me some more information on the machine?

你知道,我们真的想跟你们建立业务关系。You know, we really wish to establish business relations with you.

8. 茶有提神的功效,而且对身体也很好。That’s good. Tea is very refreshing, and it's good for your health.

房间在14层,每天的房费是90美元。It is on the 14th floor and the daily rate is$90.

请您到收银台付款后凭发票来领取商品You can take them with the receipt after paying for them at the cashier’s.

这个最新的型号质量高、节能而且操作简单、容易学。This latest model is of high quality, low energy consumption and it’ also easy to learn and to operate.

我们希望这次让步能带来以后的生意。我们可以在将来建立长期关系。We do hope this concession will lead to future business. And we can establish long-term relations in the years coming.

9. I'd like a cup of tea. Actually I like Chinese tea very much. 我想喝杯茶。实际上我很喜欢中国的茶

请多提宝贵意见。Your suggestions and comments are most welcome / will be appreciated 谢谢您请我们吃这么好的晚餐,我们吃得很高兴。Thank you very much for this wonderful dinner. We really enjoyed it.

我给你一些产品的清单和介绍。I can get you our sales catalog and description.

只要我们本着平等互利的原则做生意。我们相信可以的,So long as we do business on the principle of equality and mutual benefit. We believe we can.

10. 因为飞机晚点,您今天一定很劳累。You must have had a very long day today due to the delay of the flight.

我们具有丰富的经营纺织品的经验。We have had much experience in handling textiles.

明天你就要走了,还有什么事需要我们帮忙吗?You would be leaving tomorrow. Anything we can help you?

我相信我们未来合作的空间会更广I think we may have wider field to work together in the future.

你没必要担心这个。这也是我们的贸易原则。You need not worry about that. That’s always our trade principle.

11. 手续都办好了,行李也取了。咱们去宾馆吧?all the formalities have been finished.. Shall we proceed to the hotel?

我们的进口商品少于出口商品。Our imports fall short of exports.

We have booked the return air tickets in New York. Everything is ready. 我们在纽约买了返程票。一切都已经办妥了

我期待着在不远的将来您再次造访中国I am looking forward to your next visit to China in the near future

我们今天谈谈付款条件怎么样?Shall we have a talk about terms of payment today?

12.这是一家五星级酒店,地理位置优越、交通方便。This is a five-star hotel with an ideal location and convenient transportation.

大多数设备都是我们公司从国外进口的。Most of our equipment is imported from foreign countries.

Thank you very much for preparing such a splendid dinner for me. 多谢你为我准备了这么丰盛的晚宴。

对于在北京期间你们给予我的帮助,我非常感谢Thank you very much for your help during my stay in Beijing.

我们产品一向质量优良,至今还没收到关于质量问题的索赔呢。The quality of our products is superior and we haven’t received any claims for poor quality by now

13.希望你们对这里的住宿和服务感到满意。I hope you can find the accommodation and services here satisfactory.

我们应该借鉴贵公司在海外市场的经验。We should borrow ideas from your business abroad. 请入席。咱们边吃边谈吧。Please have a seat. And let’s talk over dinner.

我谨代表ABC有限公司,邀请您在方便的时候造访我们的公司On behalf of the ABC Corporation, I would like to invite you to visit our company at your earliest convenience

我们希望四月底前交货,否则就赶不上季节了。We expect the shipment before late April; otherwise, we are not able to catch the season.

14. 所有费用由公司报销/负担。All the expenses will be borne by the company.

我们诚挚欢迎国内外朋友前来与我们接洽。We sincerely welcome friends from home and abroad to connect with us.

在逗留期间,贵方对我们的帮助很大。感谢你们为我们所做的一切You helped us a lot during our stay. Thank you for what you have done for us.

我要办理安检手续了,再次感谢您为我送行。I’ve to go through the security check. Thank you again for seeing me off.

我们会调查清楚,尽快给你们答复We will investigate it and give you a reply soon.

15. 如果您在这里遇到不便之处,或需要帮助,请立即与我联系。If any inconveniences occur or you need any help, please do not hesitate to contact me.

我们公司主要生产电信设备。Our company specializes in the production of telecommunication facilities.

感谢你们在洽谈中的合作。We’d appreciate your kind cooperation in the negotiation.

我们拟好了合同以后马上会寄给您的。After the contract is drafted, we’ll send you a copy immediately

如你们接受这些货物,我们可以给你们打6折。If you could accept the goods, we can offer you

a 40% discount.

16. 您能填一下入住登记表吗?Would you please fill out this hotel registration form?

我们总是首先考虑质量。We always put quality as the first consideration.

希望以后我们之间保持良好的合作。I hope that we can keep the good cooperation between us in future.

我们是中国一流的纺织品和服装生产商和出口商。We are a leading manufacturer and exporter of textiles and garments in China

希望这次不愉快的事件不会影响我们将来的生意。I do hope this unpleasant incident will not affect our business in future.

17. 我想要一个朝阳的无烟房间。I’d like a non-smoking room on the sunny side

所有的产品在出货前都必须经过严格的检验。All products have to pass strict inspection before they go out.

上海真是个迷人的城市,它常被昵称为“东方明珠”。Shanghai is such a fascinating city that it is often nicknamed “the Oriental Pearl”.

很高兴见到你。我对你们的产品很感兴趣。它们太令人难忘了。Nice to meet you. I’m quite interested in your goods. They are impressive.

我们想利用这个机会介绍一下我们的业务范围。We’d like to avail ourselves of this opportunity to introduce our business line.

18. 谢谢您们为我做的周到安排。Thank you for your considerate arrangements for me.

我们始终相信,质量是一个企业的灵魂。We always believe that quality is the soul of an enterprise.

我一向仰慕你们中国的建筑风格I always admire your Chinese architecture.

这儿有一份最新产品目录,还带有图片说明。Here is a catalogue of our latest products with illustrated pictures.

我们此行的目的就是探索与你们发展贸易的可能性。The purpose of our visit is to explore the possibilities of developing trade with you.

19. 电梯在走廊的尽头。行李员会把你们的行李送到房间The elevator is at the end of the hallway. The luggage boy will send your luggage to your rooms soon.

下面我简单介绍一下我公司的基本情况。Now let me make a brief introduction of my company. 我们要不要上去欣赏一下海浪和美丽的市容?Shall we go up to enjoy the waves and the beauty of the city?

它们都很吸引人。我都不知道选哪个了。你有最新价目表吗?They are all attractive and I have no idea of which one I shall choose. Do you have the latest price list?

这是找您的零钱和收据。Here are the change and the receipt.

20. 餐厅在一楼。早餐从早上6点到上午10点The restaurant is on the first floor. Breakfast is from 6:00-10:00 a.m.

能访问贵公司我很兴奋。此行目的在于深入了解贵公司以寻找合作的可能性。I’m very excited to visit your company with the purpose of seeking possibility of cooperation with you.

我们的产品不仅在国内最畅销,而且行销海外许多地区。Our product is not only the best seller in domestic market but also sold overseas.

如你方订单够大,可以考虑But if your order is large enough, we will take it into consideration 快餐店很受欢迎,因为服务快捷,食物价格便宜。Fast-food restaurants are very popular because the service is fast and the food is inexpensive.

21. 我们为您短暂的考察安排的活动很紧,希望您不要介意。We have a tight schedule for your brief visit. I hope you don’t mind.

我们公司现有员工500人,其中技术人员占40%。At present there are about 500 employees, of whom 40% are technicians.

这是我们最新研发的产品,我们的产品在国际市场上很有竞争力。This is our latest development, which is really competitive in the world market.

我们仔细研究后,对这种男式衬衫很感兴趣。After careful study, we are most interested in this kind of Men’s shirts.

销售人员将进行大规模的促销行动。A large-scale promotion is going to be carried out by the sales team.

2005年05月CATTI三级口译实务真题

模考吧网提供最优质的模拟试题,最全的历年真题,最精准的预测押题! 2005年05月CATTI 三级口译实务真题 一、Listen and Interpret (本大题1小题.每题20.0分,共20.0分。Listen to the following dialogue and interpret it as required. After you hear a sentence or a short passage in Chinese, interpret it into English by speaking to the microphone. And after you hear an English sentence or short passage, interpret it into Chinese. You will hear the signal to tell you when you start interpreting ) 第1题 【正确答案】: 麦克:赶紧找点东西吃,我饿坏了。 Li :I am also quite hungry .Hey .There is a McDonald's up ahead . 麦克:只要你向前走,总能碰上麦当劳;不管你朝哪看,总能看见一家该死的麦当劳。它们简直也太方便了。无处不在的“金色双拱形”真叫人恶心。你知不知道光美国就有8,000多家麦当劳餐馆,全世界的连锁店超过了11,000家。到2020年,每个人每天都要光顾麦当劳。 Li :I like the burgers anyway .Few places in the world are McDonald's-free .They have sold more than 100 billion burgers worldwide .In China alone ;several hundred McDonald's restaurants have been set up in recent years, and many children prefer to have their birthday-parties there. Of course, not all their food is good, but at least they are consistent. One burger is completely like the other no matter when you go. 麦克:随你怎么说,我反正认为那里的饭菜不怎么样。还有,你知不知道美国9%的孩子都认识麦当劳的标志——麦克唐纳大叔?麦当劳是美国最大的最低工资雇主,却拥有比地球上任何公司都多的房地产。更有甚者,据说美国每七个百万富翁中就有一个是从麦当劳起家的。 Li :Give me a break ,will you? I am starving . 麦克:可我已经没有胃口了。 二、Interpret (本大题1小题.每题40.0分,共40.0分。 Interpret the following passage from English to Chinese. You will hear this signal to tell you when you start interpreting ) 第1题 【正确答案】: 女士们,先生们: 为了本世纪亚洲的繁荣,我们应该追求一些什么样的价值观呢?我认为,自由、多样化和开放是促进亚洲和平和发展的三大价值观。 首先,勿庸置疑的是, 自由在政治上是指民主和人权,在经济上是指发展市场经济。

06-07 C卷 口译理论与实践 期末考试 试卷 答案

Interpretation Training Test Paper C (Tape script) Part A ( E-C) (50%) Directions: In this part of the test, you will hear two passages in English. Each passage consists of two paragraphs. After you have heard each paragraph, interpret it into Chinese. You may take notes while listening. Passage 1 (25%): Mr. President, your state visit to our country gives us the opportunity and responsibility to chart a course for the future that is more positive, more stable and, hopefully, more productive than our relations have been for the last few years. China is a great country with a rich and proud history and strong future. The direction China takes toward cooperation or conflict will profoundly affect Asia, America, and the world for decades. The emergence of a China as a power that is stable, open and non-aggressive, that embraces free markets, and that works with us to build a secure international order is deeply in the interest of our people. Passage 2 (25%): For most people, almost any place can become a tourist destination as long as it is different from the place where the traveler usually lives. New York may not be a tourist attraction to a New Yorker, but for a Londoner it may have many charms. The famous tourist sites of many big cities offer a unique historic atmosphere, such as the Great Wall and the Palace Museum of Beijing, and the Buckingham Palace and St Paul’s Cathedral of London. Tourists will indeed be affected by the unusual atmosphere of those cities. Smaller towns and rural areas throughout the world have attractions of this kind for tourists. An excellent example is the small village town of Zhou Zhuang in China, known as “the Venice of the Orient”. Of course, natural scenery has always been an attraction for tourists. Tens of thousands of people visit Niagara Falls every year, for example. Its reputation as a place for honeymoon is world-famous. Part B ( C-E) (50%) Directions: In this part of the test, you will hear two passages in Chinese. Each passage consists of two paragraphs. After you have heard each paragraph, interpret it

2018年上半年CATTI英语三级笔译实务真题及详细答案(精品)

2018年上半年CATTI英语三级笔译实务真题 目录 2018年上半年CATTI英语三级笔译实务真题 (1) 2018年上半年CATTI英语三级笔译实务真题详细答案 (4) (总分100, 做题时间180分钟) Part ⅠTranslation Directions:For this part, you are allowed to translate a passage fromEnglish intoChinese. All Luciano Faggiano wanted when he purchased the seemingly unremarkable building at 56 Via Ascanio Grandi, was to open a restaurant. The only problem was the toilet. Sewage kept backing up. So Mr. Faggiano enlisted his two older sons to help him dig a trench and investigate. He predicted the job would take about a week. “We found underground corridors and other rooms, so we kept digging,”said Mr. Faggiano, 60. His search for a sewage pipe, which began in 2000, became one family’s tale of discovery. Lecce was once a critical crossroads in the Mediterranean. Severo Martini, a member of the City Council, said archaeological relics turn up on a regular basis —and can present a headache for urban planning. A project to build a shopping mall had to be redesigned after the discovery of an ancient Roman temple beneath the site of a planned parking lot. One week quickly passed, as father and sons discovered a tomb of the Messapians, who lived in the region centuries before the birth of Jesus.

商务口译1复习试题

《商务现场口译1》复习试题 汉译英 1. 今晚没什么安排,吃过饭您就在酒店休息,明天早上我们接您去工厂,看看样品,参观生产线,下午谈谈合同的细节,后天观光旅游。您觉得这安排怎么样? 2. 很荣幸应邀到普林斯顿大学参加你们的研讨会。对我本人、我的同事及许多中国人来讲,普林斯顿大学的名字早以耳熟能详。她的历史比这个国家还长。 3. 虽然我们两国地理上相距万里,但在日常生活中却非常相近。好莱坞影片、麦当劳快餐成了许多中国人生活中的内容。而中国加工的服装、日用品也天天伴随着美国人民。 4.这次旅行非常有意义,也非常有收获。过圣诞节的时候,如果你有空的话,欢迎你带着家人到深圳来。我可以带你们看看我们的城市。 5.今天我们去长城,回来的路上顺便去看看十三陵。十三陵是明朝13个皇帝和皇后的陵墓,15世纪建造的。虽然说和长城相比,名气没那么大,看一看也是值得的。 6. 在公元前221年的时候,秦始皇统一中国以后,他把各段长城连接起来,并把它加长。根据历史记载差不多有100万人参加过这个工程,工程总共花了10年的时间。 7.孔夫子说过,“有朋自远方来,不亦乐乎?” 这次布郎先生和夫人从大洋彼岸不远万里光临我们公司,我感到非常高兴。 8. 在过去几年里,我们两家公司已经建立了卓有成效的合作关系。我相信通过布朗先生的这次访问,我们的合作还会得到进一步的加强。 9.地球人口越多,资源消耗的越多,产生的垃圾也越多,到时连种粮食的地都没有了怎么办?对此我们决不可掉以轻心。 10.中美两国是两个伟大的国家,它们之间的关系不仅对本国十分重要,而且对亚太地区乃至世界的和平和发展也十分重要。 11.欢迎来到深圳!非常高兴能在接下来的三天旅程中陪伴大家。下面我向你们简单介绍一下我们这次商务旅行的日程安排。 12. 下午两点,我们将前往参观深圳知名企业华为和康佳集团,并与企业管理层分别举行半小时的座谈。晚上为自由活动时间,大家可以自行安排。 13.第三天全部是游览活动。我们将前往锦绣中华和民俗文化村。在那里,你们可以欣赏许多民族特色鲜明的节目。相信你们一定会玩的很开心的。

商务英语口译期末复习资料(参考译文)

P23页 1.我在上午说过,今天我们各国面临一个机会,可以分别和共同作出具体承诺和采取明确措施,确保核材料的安全,防止核材料落入那些无疑会利用它们的恐怖主义分子手中。 2.今晚,我可以这么说,我们成功地把握了这一机遇,作为具体的国家和国际社会,我们已经采取了措施,美国人民将因此更安全,世界将更稳定。 3.我谨在此感谢出席这一具有历史意义的峰会的全体代表,来自世界各地区的49位领导人。今天之所以能取得进展,是因为这些领导人不仅与会发言,而且采取行动;不是含糊地承诺在未来采取行动,而是承诺他们准备立即实施的有意义的步骤。 4.我还要感谢各位同仁在讨论中所表现的坦率与合作精神。今天并无冗长的讲话,亦无要求别国如何是从的训诫。我们互相倾听、互相尊重。我们认识到,虽然不同国家面临不同的挑战,但我们有着共同的利益,即确保这些危险核材料的安全。 P52页 1.在二十一世纪,你们必须承担不分国界的国际金融系统的重任。当香港和雅加达的股票市场下跌时,其影响再也不是局部性,而是全球性的。因此,贵国充满生机的经济成长同整个亚太地区恢复稳定和经济发展紧密相连。 2.在最近一次的金融危机中,中国坚定不移地承担了对本地区和全世界的责任,帮助避免了又一个危险的货币贬值周期。我们必须继续携手合作,对付全球金融系统面临的威胁以及对整个亚太地区本应有的发展和繁荣的威胁。 3.在我以上列举的每一个关键领域,显然,只要我们相互合作而不是互不往来,我们就能取得更大的成就。因此,我们应该努力,确保双方之间目前的建设性关系在下个世纪结出圆满的协作果实。 4.要做到这一点,我们就必须更好地相互了解,了解各自的共同利益、共有的期望和真诚的分歧。我相信这种公开直接的交流有助于澄清和缩小我们的分歧。更为重要的是,允许人们理解、辩论和探讨这些问题,能使他们对我们建设美好的未来更加充满信心。 P69页 1. Presenting gifts is one of the important contents of modern business activities, in order to establish friendly relations, progress friendship, and also can be applied to advertising and promoting. It’s important to select a gift, because it transmits the information of culture, economy, status, knowledge and other aspects. It’s probably both may improve the image of the company and may damage it. 2. Presenting gifts in business activities can generally divide into several conditions as following: (1) Presenting gifts for employees and rewarding their hard work. (2) Presenting gifts for enhancing the business connection with customers. (3) Presenting gifts for each other to build relationships with business counterparts. 3. Therefore, more and more companies realize that presenting gifts in business activities is not only advertising, but also a important tool

@口译与听力(口译部分)试题

口译与听力(口译部分) 课程代码:00602 (考试时间60分钟满分50分) (本试卷共4页) 汉译英(20分) 第一部分 从汉代起,西安就已经是一座在中外国际交流中十分重要的城市。著名的丝绸之路始于此地。 __________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________ 世界银行的使命是建立一种机制,为恢复和发展经济提供长期所需的外汇。 __________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________ 落后的教育和人才的缺乏是中国成功实施西部大开发战略的最大障碍。 __________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________ 联合国儿童基金会将在2001-2005年间向中国提供200万美元的援助。 __________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________ 上海将建设一条全长33公里的磁悬浮铁路,连接浦东国际机场和龙阳路地铁站。这项工程将采用德国的技术。 __________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________ 面对旅游市场的需求,中国以培养翻译导游人员为主要特点的旅游教育应势而生。 __________________________________________________________________________

商务英语口译期末复习资料(原文)

P23页 1. I said this morning that today would be an opportunity for our nations, both individually and collectively, to make concrete commitments and take tangible steps to secure nuclear materials so they never fall into the hands of terrorists who would surely use them. 2. This evening, I can report that we have seized this opportunity, and because of the steps we’ve taken--as individual nations and as an international community--the American people will be safer and the world will be more secure. 3. I want to thank all who participated in this historic summit -- 49 leaders from every region of the world. Today’s progress was possible because these leaders came not simply to talk, but to take action; not simply to make vague pledges of future action, but to commit to meaningful steps that they are prepared to implement right now. 4. I also want to thank my colleagues for the candor and cooperative spirit that they brought to the discussions. This was not a day of long speeches or lectures on what other nations must do. We listened to each other, with mutual respect. We recognized that while different countries face different challenges, we have a mutual interest in securing these dangerous materials. P52页 1. In the 21st century your generation must also lead the challenge of an international financial system that has no respect for national borders. When stock markets fall in Hong Kong or Jakarta, the effects are no longer local; they are global. The vibrant growth of your own economy is tied closely, therefore, to the restoration of stability and growth in the Asia Pacific region. 2. China has steadfastly shouldered its responsibilities to the region and the world in this latest financial crisis -- helping to prevent another cycle of dangerous devaluations. We must continue to work together to counter this threat to the global financial system and to the growth and prosperity which should be embracing all of this region. 3. In each of these vital areas that I have mentioned, we can clearly accomplish so much more by walking together rather than standing apart. That is why we should work to see that the productive relationship we now enjoy blossoms into a fuller partnership in the new century. 4. If that is to happen, it is very important that we understand each other better, that we understand both our common interest and our shared aspirations and our honest differences. I believe the kind of open, direct exchange can both clarify and narrow our differences, and, more important, by allowing people to understand and debate and discuss these things can give a greater sense of confidence to our people that we can make a better future. P69页 1.赠送礼物是现代商务活动的重要内容之一,是为了建立友好关系、增进友谊,也能用于广告和促销。礼品的选择是非常重要,因为它传递着文化、经济、

2015-2016年CATTI三级笔译实务真题和答案(4套)

2015 年5月全国翻译专业资格(水平)考试英语三级《笔译实务》试卷 Section1 For generations, coal has been the lifeblood of this mineral-rich stretch of eastern Utah. Mining families proudly recall all the years they toiled underground. Supply companies line the town streets. Above the road that winds toward the mines, a soot-smudged miner peers out from a billboard with the slogan “Coal = Jobs.” 对这个地处犹他州东部、矿产丰富的地区而言,煤炭在过去几代人的眼里一直都是这个地区的生命线/经济命脉。每当回忆起作为矿工在地下采煤的岁月时,每个家庭都会感到无比自豪。大街的煤炭供应公司栉比鳞次/鳞次栉比。在蜿蜒通向矿区的马路上方,可见一处广告牌,上面除了有句“煤炭=工作”的口号,还有位满身烟灰的矿工正凝视着前方。 But recently, fear has settled in. The state’s oldest coal-fired power plant, tucked among the canyons near town, is set to close, a result of new, stricter federal pollution regulations. 但是最近,人们开始担忧起来。由于新的联邦污染防治法规更加严格,位于县郊(译者注:根据本文倒数第二段该地区实为卡本县,这里的town指的就是卡本县,所以此处译为县郊。)峡谷之中的犹他州历史最久的燃煤电厂即将关闭。 As energy companies tack away from coal, toward cleaner, cheaper natural gas, people here have grown increasingly afraid that their community may soon slip away. Dozens of workers at the facility here, the Carbon Power Plant, have learned that they must retire early or seek other jobs. Local trucking and equipment outfits are preparing to take business elsewhere. 由于能源公司摒弃煤炭转而发展更加清洁、更加廉价的天然气,这里的人们越来越担心他们的家园可能很快就会悄然消失/不复存在。卡本电厂(Carbon Power Plant)的几十号工人已得知,他们必须提前退休或另谋职业。当地的卡车运输和装备人员正准备到其他地方去发展业务。“There are a lot of people worried,” said Kyle Davis, who has been employed at the plant since he was 18. Mr. Davis, 56, worked his way up from sweeping floors to managing operations at the plant, w hose furnaces have been burning since 1954. “I would have liked to be here for another five years,” he said. “I’m too young to retire.” 凯尔·戴维斯(Kyle Davis)自18岁起就一直在这家电厂工作,他说:“许多人现在都忧心忡忡。”该公司自1954年成立以来,运转至今,从未间断。现年56岁的戴维斯先生在该公司从清扫工人一路做到负责公司运营的高管职位。他说道:“我本想在公司再干五年的,毕竟现在退休还太年轻。” But Rocky Mountain Power, the utility that operates the plant, has determined that it would be too expensive to retrofit the aging plant to meet new federal standards on mercury emissions. The plant is scheduled to be shut by Ap ril 2015.“We had been working for the better part of three years, testing compliance strategies,” said David Eskelsen, a spokesman for the utility. “None of the ones we investigated really would produce the results that would meet the requirements.” 但是目前负责运营卡本电厂的落基山电力公司(Rocky Mountain Power)已决定,如果为了达到有关汞排放量的新联邦标准而对该电厂的老旧设备进行翻新改造,代价过高,并不可行。该电

历年英语翻译初级口译考试真题及答案

历年英语翻译初级口译考试真题及答案 上午卷: 英译中: (1) New Zealand is a South Pacific country located midway between the Equator and the South Pole, with a land of 268,105 square kilometers and a population of over three million. (第63页-黄) 新西兰是一个南太平洋国家,位于赤道和南极洲之间,国土面积为268105平方公里,人口为300多万。 简析:纵观口译考题,出题者十分聪明地将有关课文的每篇的首句作为考题来出,真是用心良苦。试想每篇文章的首句或每段文章的第一句话不是有提纲挈领的作用吗?理解了首句往往就能了解文章的大概。这和阅读理解的要求有着很大的相通性。所以加强平日对英语句子的敏感性十分有必要。 2) When the washing cycle is over, the machine fries the plates and glasses with its own heart, and indeed they can be left inside until they are needed for the next meal. (P.367) 洗涤过程完成后,洗碗机用自身的热量将盘子和杯子烘干。杯盘还可以留在机内待下一餐使用时再取出。 中译英: (1)为了过好学校里的公寓生活,学生应该学会自己洗衣服,整理房间,甚至于买菜做饭。(第355页) To manage apartment living in school successfully, the students must learn to do their own washing and cleaning, and even buy and cool their own food. (2)据估计,全球毒品的贸易额以达到每年4000亿美元之巨。吸毒者约占全世界人口的3%。(p36蓝)

三级口译真题

三级口译真题 2019上半年CATTI口译三级真题(英译汉) Last night, when I was coming into town from Pudong Airport, I crossed the beautiful Huangpu River on the Lupu Bridge. This reminded me of China’s talent in making bridges and made me think of three other important bridges. Bridge number one: 40 years ago, China started to build a “bridge to the world” by opening its economy and by kickstarting reforms that have changed the lives and prospects of hundreds of millions of people—here and beyond China. By transforming itself—through trade, hard work, and learning from others—China has also helped to transform the global economy. Progress in this country has played a significant role in boosting productivity, innovation and living standards in countries around the world. Yes, there is always more work to be done. On these bridges, you don’t want traffic jams. There is room for even greater openness in China’s domestic market, which can help

中级口译真题+参考答案

9月中级口译真题+参考答案(4) Questions 16-20 We are moving inexorably into the age of automation. Our aim is not to devise a mechanism which can perform a thousand different actions of any individual man but, on the contrary, one which could by a single action replace a thousand men. Industrial automation has moved along three lines. First there is the conveyor belt system of continuous production whereby separate operations are linked into a single sequence. The goods produced by this well-established method are untouched by the worker, and the machine replaces both unskilled and semiskilled. Secondly, there is automation with feedback control of the quality of the product: here mechanisms are built into the system which can compare the output with a norm, that is, the actual product with what it is supposed to be, and then correct any shortcomings. The entire cycle of operations dispenses with human control except in so far as monitors are concerned. One or two examples of this type of automation will illustrate its immense possibilities. There is a factory in the U.S.A. which makes 1,000 million electric light bulbs a year, and the factory employs three hundred people. If the preautomation techniques were to be employed, the labour force required would leap to 25,000. A motor manufacturing company with 45,000 spare parts regulates their entire supply entirely by computer. Computers can be entrusted with most of the supervision of industrial installations, such as chemical plants or oil refineries. Thirdly, there is computer automation, for banks, accounting departments, insurance companies and the like. Here the essential features are the recording, storing, sorting and retrieval of information. The principal merit of modern computing machines is the achievement of their

2003年12月英语三级口译实务试题及答案

2003年12月英语三级口译实务试题 试题部分: Part I Listen to the following dialogue and interpret it as required. After you hear a sentence or a short passage in Chinese, interpret it into English by speaking to the microphone. And after you hear an English sentence or short passage, interpret it into Chinese. You will hear the dialogue only once. 赵:“地球日”是怎么回事?什么时候开始的?都取得了哪些成就? Smith: Earth Day was started in 1970. It was set to help raise the general public’s environmental awareness. For one thing, it provides a special day to remind people to take care of the Earth. It also gives special interest and environmental groups an opportunity to motivate their members to take action in their communities. 赵:听起来不错。可就在环保取得成绩的同时,人口膨胀,臭氧层空洞,全球气候变暖这些问题一点也没有改善。地球人口越多,资源消耗的越多,产生的垃圾 也越多,到时连种粮食的地都没有了怎么办?对此我们决不可掉以轻心。Smith: That is certainly true. By the year 2005, there will be 7 billion people on the planet. I personally think that recycling is the answer. Paper, metal, rubber, oil, and many other materials are going to have to be recycled on a much greater scale. Everyone will have to be involved. Perhaps even special legislation will be required. It is true that we are losing millions of hectares every year to housing and roads. But there is still a lot of undeveloped land that could be used for both farming and housing. And science and technology is helping us to get more out of the land that is used for farming. 赵:那么今年“地球日”你打算都干点什么呢? Smith: I will probably attend our city’s annual “Earth Day” celebrations and then help pick up the mountain of garbage left over. Part II Interpret the following passage from English to Chinese. On August 31, 1997, Lady Diana Spencer, former wife of Charles, Prince of Wales, was killed with her companion Dodi Fayed in a car accident in Paris. Tests conducted by French police indicated that the driver, who also died in the crash, was intoxicated and likely caused the accident while trying to escape the paparazzi photographers who consistently tailed Diana during any public outing. Sixteen years earlier, nearly four billion people in 74 countries had tuned in to witness the marriage of Prince Charles, heir to the British throne, to Lady Diana, a young English schoolteacher. Married in a grand ceremony at St Paul’s Cathedral in the presence of 2,650 guests, the couple’s romance was for the moment the envy of the world. However, before long the fairy-tale couple grew apart, an experience that was particularly painful under the ubiquitous eyes of the world’s tabloid media. In August 1996, two months after Queen Elizabeth II urged the couple to divorce, the prince and princess reached a final agreement. In exchange for a generous settlement, and the right to retain her apartments at Kensington Palace and her title of princess, Diana agreed to relinquish the title of “Her Royal Highness” and any future claims to the British throne. In the year between the divorce and her fatal car accident, the popular princess seemed well on her way of achieving her dream of becoming “a queen in people’s hearts.”

相关主题
文本预览
相关文档 最新文档