基英翻译

  • 格式:docx
  • 大小:12.89 KB
  • 文档页数:4

下载文档原格式

  / 4
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

基英翻译

Unit 1

1.我安排他们在小酒吧见面,但那个小伙子一直都没有来。

I had arranged for them to meet each other at the pub, but the young man never turned up.

2.你无法仅凭表象判断形势是否会变得对我们不利。

You cannot tell merely from appearance whether things will turn out unfavorable to us or not.

3.那个士兵每次打仗都冲锋在前,从而赢得了国家的最高荣誉。

The soldier, who stood in the gap in every battle, gained the highest honors of the country.

4.主席讲话很有说服力,委员会其他成员都听从他的意见。

The chairman spoke so forcefully that the rest of the committee yielded to his opinion.

5.他们的现在生活富裕了,但也曾经历坎坷

They are well-to-do now, but along the way they had their ups and downs.

6.这次演讲我讲说明两个问题。

There are two questions to which I will address myself in this lecture.

7.我们正筹划为你举办一次盛大的圣诞聚会。

We are planning a big Christmas party in your honor.

8.听到那个曲子,我回想起了儿童时代。

Hearing that tune threw my mind back to my childhood

Unit 2

1.那只鸽子被卡在树杈里,一会儿就跌落下来。

The pigion was wedged in the fork of a branch and it fell after a while.

2.驾车人该付多少钱需要根据他对别人车子造成损坏的程度而定。

The payment that the motorist will have to make is proportional to the damage he has done to the other person’s car.

3.你只有伏在地上慢慢爬过一条狭长的地道才能进入山洞。

You can only enter the cave by inching through a narrow tunnel on your stomach.

4.她一面结结巴巴地为没有敲门就进入我的办公室而道歉,一面羞怯地朝门口走去。

She stammered some apology for entering my office without knocking as she sidled towards the door.

5.他尽力向我解释说不是因为我工作不好而解雇我,而是因为公司面临着财政困境。

He took pains to explain to me that I was being dismissed not because

I didn’t do my work well but because the company could not pay my wages.

6.年轻士兵的入伍给军队带来了新的希望并鼓舞了士气。

The enlistment of young soldiers infused new hope and morale into the army.

7.一旦大一些的男孩们声称草坪属于他们,小一些的孩子就只好退避三舍。

Once the older boys stake a claim to the lawn, the younger ones had to give way to them to avoid conflict.

8.跟在她身后的人让她心神不安,她不由得加快了脚步。

The man following her made her uneasy and she couldn’t help quickening her steps

Unit 3

1.无可否认,香烟会让人上瘾,而一旦你上了瘾,就很难戒除这个习惯。

There's no denying that smoking is addictive. And once you are addicted ,

it's very difficult to get rid of the habit.

2.在日本人生产的一种电子游戏中,玩游戏的人可以模拟艾滋病患者从染上艾滋

病毒直到死亡的经历。

In a Japanese-made video game, players can simulate the experience of AIDS from HIV infection until death.

3.我肯定,他说你可以用这笔钱继续学习音乐是认真的。

I'm sure he was in earnest when he said that you could use this money to continue your study of music.

4.我们只能以牺牲质量为代价来提高产量,但这可能会损坏公司的声誉。

We can only increase production at the expense of quality, which could ruin the company's reputation.

5.她难得生气,不过这次她可真的是发脾气了。

She is not given to anger, but this time she really lost her temper.

6.一名外语教师如果要在中学任教,最起码要持有正规教育院校颁发的学位证书。

A teacher of foreign language should possess at the very least a graduate degree from a certified education school or institute if he is to teach high school. 7.我很快察觉到我无法使他改变想法。

I soon perceiv ed that I couldn’t make him change his mind.

Unit 4

1.他们的牛都打上了字母C的烙印,所以很容易辨认。

Their cattle were branded with the letter “C” so that they could be easily identified.

2.本赛季他真正发挥了一个得分手的作用。

In this season Brooks has really come into his own as a goal scorer.

3.一场经济危机正在威胁着那个国家。

An economic crisis is hanging over that country.

4.他是真正发号施令的人物,但他总是躲在幕后。

He is the man who really gives the order, but he always remains in the background.

5.派出信使后,我们所能做的就只有等待了。

After dispatching the messenger, what is left for us to do is nothing but to wait.

6.你只要一叫,他马上就到。

You just have to call and he's here in a flash.

7.他们在战争的阴霾下整整活了17年。

They have lived in the shadow of war for totally seventeen years.