当前位置:文档之家› 全新版大学英语(第二版)综合教程1-翻译全集

全新版大学英语(第二版)综合教程1-翻译全集

全新版大学英语(第二版)综合教程1-翻译全集
全新版大学英语(第二版)综合教程1-翻译全集

1.那是个正式的宴会,我照妈妈对我讲的那样穿着礼服去了。

As it was a formal dinner party, I wore formal dress, as Mother told me to. 2.他的女友劝他趁抽烟的坏习惯还未根深蒂固之前把它改掉。

His girlfriend advised him to get out of/get rid of his bad habit of smoking before it took hold.

3.他们预料到下几个月电的需求量很大,决定增加生产。

Anticipating that the demand for electricity will be high during the next few months, they have decided to increase its production.

4.据说比尔因一再违反公司的安全规章而被解雇。

It is said that Bill has been fired for continually violating the company’s safety rules.

Bill is said t o have been fired for continually violating the company’s safety rules.

5.据报道地方政府已采取适当措施避免严重缺水的可能性。

It is reported that the government has taken proper measures to avoid the possibility of a severe water shortage.

The local government is reported to have taken proper measures to avoid the possibility of a severe water shortage.

1) 半个小时过去了,但末班车还没来。我们只好走回家。Half an hour had gone by, but the last bus hadn’t come yet. We had to walk home.

2) 玛丽看上去对汉语考试很担心,因为她还没有背熟课文。

Mary seems to be very worried about the Chin ese exam because she hasn’t learned the texts by heart.

3) 既然篮球赛已被推迟,我们不妨去参观博物馆。Since the basketball match has been postponed, we might as well visit the museum.

4) 个二次世界大战期间他一直和父母住在澳大利亚。

He stayed in Australia with his parents all the way through WWⅡ

5) 自1985年从南京大学毕业至今,可以说我与我的大学同学失去了联系。

Since I graduated from Nanjing University in 1985, I have kind of lost touch with my classmates.

1) 正如科学家所预言的那样,全球污染成了人类面临的最严重的问题之一。

A s is predicted by scientists, global pollution has become one of the most serious problems humans are faced with.

2) 谋求这些职位的竞争很激烈——今年的求职者是去年的五倍。

Competition for these jobs is very tough –we have five times as many applicants this year as we did last year.

There are five times as many applicants this year as there were last year.

3) 正如事实表明的那样,教育大纲应当符合国家的经济发展计划。

As the facts show, educational programs need to fit into the national plan for economical development.

4) 这辆汽车太费油,而且价钱几乎是我想付的两倍。

The car burns too much gas, and moreover, the price is almost twice as much as

I intend to pay.

5) 要了解一起重大的国际事件,我们首先需要考虑其历史与政治背景。

To understand a great international event, we, first of all, need to consider the historical and political background to it.

1)据报道,联合国斡旋者制定出了他们希望双方都能接受的方案。

It is reported that UN mediators have worked out a plan which they hope will be acceptable to both sides.

2)多丽丝小心翼翼的在森林里行走,害怕遭到大蛇的攻击。Doris walked in the forest

cautiously, afraid of being attacked by giant snakes.

3)地震、台风和其他自然灾害无法防止,但可以采取行动保护生命财产安全。

Earthquakes, typhoons and other natural disaters cannot be prevented, but action can be taken to protect life and property.

4)我买了新的一期我最喜欢的体育杂志就赶紧回家,急着想读之自娱。

I bought a new issue of my favorite sports magazine and hurried home, anxious to amuse myself reading it.

5)海伦缺乏自信。我从未遇到过像他那样没有自信的人。

Helen lacks confidence. I’ve never known anyone so u nsure of herself.

1) 我不太清楚哪儿你能找到个好木工——你最好四处打听打听。I’m not sure where you can find a good carpenter---you’d better ask around.

2) 他感到有点尴尬,赶紧清了清喉咙,抬头看着墙上的画。

Feeling a little embarrassed, he quickly cleared his throat and looked up at the painting on the wall.

3) 迈克尔去世了,留下三个儿子、两个女儿和妻子伊丽莎白。

Michael was survived by three sons, two daughters, and his wife Elizabeth.

4) 作为金融专家,威廉建议我们投资股票市场。As a financial expert, William advised us to invest our money in the stock market.

5) 我们这些小零售商无法和超市在价格和销售等方面竞争。

We small retai lers can’t compete with supermarkets in pricing and sales.

1.在我上大学之前,祖父对我说的那几句充满智慧的话给我留下了深刻印象。

Before I went off to university, my grandfather gave me a few words of wisdom which impressed me deeply.

2.千万别把我的伤势告诉我父母,我会很感激你的。Never tell my parents about my

inj uries and I’ll be very grateful to you (for it).

3.我们有几个同事在会上提出了改进工作环境的合理。

At the meeting some of our colleagues put forward sensible suggestions about improving our working environment.

4.迫于工会压力,资方同意给工人增加10%的工资。

The management has/have agreed to grant the workers a 10% pay rise in response to union pressure.

5.女主人考虑得很周到,在我们到来之前把房子打扫得干干净净。

It was very thoughtful of the hostess to give the house a thorough cleaning before we arrived.

1) 当地一家公司承担了此项工程,但工程没完工就破产了。

A local business undertook the project but went bankrupt before it was completed.

2) 我和你做笔交易—你替我洗车,我晚上把车借给你开。

Let’s make a deal—you wash my car, and I’ll let you use it tonight.

3) 我们到达那个我们本以为已毁于那次大地震的村庄时,却发现它只受到轻微损失。We got to the village which we thought must have been wiped out in the severe earthquake, only to find it slightly damaged.

4) 我的花园即干燥又背阴。在那样的环境里,很少有植物能茁壮成长。My garden is dry and shady—few plants thrive in that condition.

5) 那位电影明星的死亡真相至今仍被谜团笼罩着。

Mystery still surrounds the exact truth behind the film star’s death/exact circumstance of the film star’s death.

1)没有个人档案,求职者很难指望受雇当老师。Without his personal file, an applicant can hardly expect to get/ be employed as a teacher.

2)有了足够的冰,我们就能冰这些饮料了。

With enough ice, we would be able to chill the drinks.

3)依我愚见,阅读是打发闲暇的最悦人方式。In my humble opinion, reading us the most

pleasant way to spend one’s leisure.

4)有人说,美国运动员迈克尔?菲尔普斯在2008北京奥运会上赢得8块金牌简直是奇迹。

Some people said it was simply a miracle that the American athlete Michael Phelps won eight gold medals at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.

5)洗衣机坏了,我们只能用手洗衣服了。

The washing machine has broken down, so we have to wash our clothes by hand.

全新版大学英语第二版 综合教程1 翻译

1.As it was a formal dinner party,I wore formal dress,as mother told me to 那是个正规的宴会,我按照妈妈那样讲的那样穿着礼服去了 2.His girlfriend advised him to get out of/get rid of his bad habit of smoking before it took hold. 他的女友劝他趁抽烟的坏习惯还没有根深蒂固之前把它改掉 3.Anticipating that the demand for electricity will be hight during the next few months,they have decided to increase its production. 他们预料到下几个月电的需求量很大,决定增加产量 4.It is said that bill has been fired for continually violating the company’s safety rules. 据说比尔因一再违反公司的安全规章而被解雇 5.It is reported that the government has taken proper measures to avoid the possibility of a severe water shortage. 据报道地方政府已经采取适当措施避免严重缺水的可能 1.As is predicted by scientists,global pollution has become one of the most serious problems humans are faced with. 正如科学家预言的那样,全球污染成了人类面临的最严重的问题 https://www.doczj.com/doc/5814488868.html,petition for these jobs is very tough---we have five times as many applicants this year as we did last year. 谋求这些职位的竞争很激烈,今年的求职者是去年的五倍 3.As the facts show,educational programs need to fit into the national plan for economic development 正如事实表明的那样,教育大纲应当符合国家的经济发展计划 4.The car burns too much gas,and moreover,the price is almost twice as much as I intend to pay. 这辆车太费油了,而且价格几乎是我想付的两倍 5.To understand a great international event,we first of all.need to consider the historical and political background to it. 要了解这一重大的国际事件,我们首先需要考虑其历史与政治背景 1.I’m not sure where you can find a good carpenter—you’d better ask around. 我不太清楚那里你能找到一个好杠,你最好四处打听 2.Feeling a little embarrassed,he quickly cleared his throat and looked up at the painting on the wall. 他感到一点尴尬,赶紧清了清喉咙,抬头看着墙上的画 3.Michael was survived by three sons,two daughters,and his wife Elizabeth. 迈克尔去世了,留下了三个儿子,两个女儿和妻子伊丽莎白 4.As a financial expert,William advised us to invest our money in the stock market. 作为金融专家,威廉建议我们投资股票市场 5.We small retailers can’t compete with supermarkets in pricing and sales. 我们这些小零售商无法和超市在价格和销售方面竞争 1.Before I went off to university,my grandfather gave me a few words of wisdom which impressed me deeply. 我上大学之前,祖父对我说的那几句充满智慧的话给我留下了深刻的印象 2.Never tell my parents about my injuries and I’ll be very grateful to you

大学英语2翻译原文及答案

Unit1 1.背离传统需要极大的勇气 1) It takes an enormous amount of courage to make a departure from the tradition. 2.汤姆过去很腼腆,但这次却非常勇敢能在大庭广众面前上台表演了。 2) Tom used to be very shy, but this time he was bold enough to give a performance in front of a large audience. 3.很多教育家认为从小培养孩子的创新精神是很可取的。 3) Many educators think it desirable to foster the creative spirit in the child at an early age. 4.假设那幅画确实是名作,你觉得值得购买吗? 4) Assuming (that) this painting really is a masterpiece, do you think it’s worthwhile to buy/purchase it? 5.如果这些数据统计上市站得住脚的,那它将会帮助我们认识正在调查的问题。 5) If the data is statistically valid, it will throw light on the problem we are investigating. Unit2 1.该公司否认其捐款有商业目的。 1) The company denied that its donations had a commercial purpose.

新世纪综合教程1课文翻译[完整版]

新世纪综合教程1(第二版)课文翻译 Unit 1 优等生的秘诀 1 一位研究教育的老师针对成绩优异的学生做过重点研究,发现最聪明的学生不见得总能得高分。根据这位教授、其他教育专家以及优等生们自己的观点,懂得如何充分发挥自己的潜能对于学生来说更为重要。 2 在班上名列前茅的学生之所以学习优秀,是因为他们掌握了几个人人都可以轻易学到的基本原则。首先,优等生知道如何决定轻重缓急。他们从来不会为了打电话、看电视或者吃零食而牺牲学习时间。换言之,学习总是摆在娱乐之前。另外,优等生们总是注意随时随地学习。有位成绩优异的学生同时也是优秀的运动员,每天利用户外训练时间背生物学术语。而另一位学生则利用每天早上刷牙时间记一个新单词。所有受访的学生无一例外都认为,在什么时间学习完全是个人偏好问题。有些人在夜深人静时学习效果最好,有些人则喜欢趁着自己还能清晰地记得上课所讲的内容,一放学回家就开始学习。尽管如此,所有优等生都一致认为,如果想任何时候都表现优秀,一个主要的因素就是要持之以恒。 3 学生还必须学会有条理。举个例子,有一位优等生在学校乐队、田径队、橄榄球协会和辩论小组里都很活跃。他透露,他之所以把东西放得井井有条是因为他浪费不起到处找东西的时间。还有一位学生喜欢把当天的笔记马上整理出来并放进用不同颜色标记的文件夹里,以便临近考试时能随时用来复习。优等生们提倡的另一个技巧是有效的阅读,其中包括快速阅读,提高记忆能力以及主动提出问题以便充分理解作者的意思。 4 对于学生们来说,合理安排时间也同样重要。他们必须懂得如何根据每天的时间表和学习能力来安排做作业和项目的速度,不至于让手头的工作压得喘不过气。能制定时间表不仅让学生能够腾出更多时间来复习和完善功课,而且还能防止他们拖拖拉拉。成绩优异的学生认为,他们成功的一大秘诀就是上课时做好笔记,供复习时使用。有个学生透露,她把从课文上摘抄的内容记在笔记本的一边,把课堂笔记写在另一边。这样,就可同时复习到两方面的内容。她还透露,她不会浪费下课铃响前的几分钟跟朋友交头接耳,准备随时冲出教室。相反,她会利用这几分钟用两三句话概括那节课的要点,然后在下次上课前浏览这些笔记,借以加深印象。 5 老师们提倡的致胜秘诀是尽力让自己的作业整洁。有位老师说,学生交上整洁作业就已向高分迈进了一步。在课堂上大胆发言和提问也同样重要,这或许是学生澄清疑问的最好办法。课堂参与还能反映一个学生的求知欲。有个学生概括得好,“好成绩来自透彻的理解”。 6 在一所世界顶级大学进行的一项实验证明了小组学习的价值所在。研究表明,学生们如果一起讨论家庭作业和问题,尝试不同的解决办法,并且互相解释各自的答案,分数就会比那些单独用功的学生要高。实验也证明了学生间互相进行模拟测试或自我测试的好处。这就是说,学生们根据笔记设计可能的试题,在考试前一天相互之间进行书面测试或自测。专家们证实,那些能设计模拟试题的学生,往往会在正式考题中发现很多相同的试题,自然能得高分了。

全新版大学英语综合教程1课后翻译题答案

Unit 1 Growing Up Ⅱ. Translation 1.那是个正规宴会,我照妈妈对我讲的那样穿着礼服去了。(formal) As it was a formal dinner party, I wore formal dress, as Mother told me to. 2.他的女朋友劝他趁抽烟的坏习惯尚未根深蒂固之前把它改掉。(take hold) His girlfriend advised him to get out of/get rid of his bad habit of smoking before it took hold. 3.他们预料到下几个月电的需求量很大,决定增加生产。(anticipate) Anticipating that the demand for electricity will be high during the next few months, they have decided to increase its production. 4.据说比尔因一再违反公司的安全规章而被解雇。(violate) It is said that Bill has been fired for continually violating the company’s safety rules. / Bill is said to have been fired for continually violating the company’s safety rules. 5.据报道地方政府已采取适当措施避免严重缺水(water shortage)的可能性。 (avoid, severe) It is reported that the government has taken proper measures to avoid the possibility of a severe water shortage. /The local government is reported to have taken proper measures to avoid the possibility of a severe water shortage. 苏珊(Susan)因车祸失去了双腿。有一段时间,她真不知如何面对自己再也不能行走的事实。 一天,苏珊在浏览杂志时,被一个真实故事吸引住了。那个故事生动地描写了一个残疾(disabled)姑娘是如何成为一位作家的。苏珊读后深受鼓舞,开始相信她最终会成为一个有用的人生活下去。 Inspire vivid scan face up with finally Susan lost her legs because of / in a car accident. For a time, she didn’t know how to face up to the fact that she would never (be able to) walk again. One day, while scanning (through) some magazines, a true story caught her eye /she was attracted by a true story. It gave a vivid description of how a disabled girl became a writer. Greatly inspired, Susan began to feel that she, too, would finally be bale to lead a useful life. Unit 2 Friendship II. Translation 1)半个小时过去了,但末班车还没来。我们只好走路回家。(go by) Half an hour had gone by, but the last bus hadn’t come yet. We had to walk home.

全新版大学英语2课后翻译汇总

Unit1 1 背离传统需要极大的勇气It takes a n enorm ous amount of courage to make a departure from the tradition. 2 汤姆过去很腼腆,但这次却非常勇敢能在大庭广众面前上台表演了2) T om used to be very shy, but this time he was bold enough to give a performance in front of a large audience. 3 很多教育家认为从小培养孩子的创新精神是很可取的3) Ma ny educator s think it desira ble to foster the creative spirit in the child at an early age. 4 假设那幅画确实是名作,你觉得值得购买么4) A ssuming (that) this painting really is a masterpiece, do y ou think it’s w orthw hile to buy/pur cha se it? 5 如果这些数据统计上是站得住脚的,那他将会帮助我们认识正在调查的问题5) If the data is stati stically valid, it will throw light on the pr oblem we are investigati ng. Unit2 1该公司否认其捐款有商业目的1) T he com pany denied that its donations had a commercial pur pose. 2每当他生气时,他说话就有一些结巴2) Whenever he was a ngry, he would begin to stammer slightly. 3教育是我们家庭最看重的传统,这就是为什么我父母不带我到昂贵的饭店吃饭,却送我到最好的私立学校上学3) Educati on is the most cherished tradition in our family. That’s w hy my parents never took me to dinner at expensive restaurants, but sent me to the best private school. 4 手术康复后不久,他失业了,因此经历了人生又一个困难阶段4) S hortly after he recovered fr om the surgery, he lost his job and thus had to go through another difficult pha se of his life. 5与我们的富裕邻居相比,我们的父母就相当穷了,但他们总是努力满足我们最起码的需求5) In contrast to our affluent neighbors, m y parents are rather poor, but they have always tried har d to meet our minimal needs. Unit3 1科学家们找到火星上有水的证据了吗1) Have scienti sts found proof of water on Mar s? 2 计划委员会已经将建核电厂的可能地点缩小到了两个沿海城镇2) The pla nning committee has narrowed down the possible locations for the nuclear power plant to tw o coa stal towns. 3山姆不仅失去了工作,而且还失去了双腿,他只好靠社会救济度过余生3) Sam not only lost his j ob but also both legs; he ha d to live on welfare for the rest of his life. 4由十二人组成的陪审团一致表决认为玛丽有罪4) A jury consisting of 12 mem bers voted in unison that Mary wa s guilty. 5听到有人质疑他的才能,肖恩觉得收到了奇耻大辱5) Sean felt humiliated ti hear his talent being que stioned. Unit4 1研究表明,笑能带来许多健康上的好处1) Re search shows that laughter can bring a lot of health be nefits. 2互联网连接速度慢真让人心烦2) A slow I nternet connecting speed is really annoying. 3法律规定,帮助他人自杀是犯罪3) As the law sta nds, helping someone commit suicide is a crime. 4 玛丽在她的报告中试图从一个完全不同的角度来解释这些数据4) 4)In her report, Mary trie s to interpret the data from a completely different angle. 5 苏是一个很有天分的女孩,他那惊人的记忆力使她在同班同学中显得格外突出5) Sue is a girl of great talent. Her amazing memory sets her apart from her classmates. Unit5 1是工人和主管人员的创造力和敬业精神将这个公司变成了一个盈利的企业1) It is the creativity and dedicati on of the worker s and executive s that turned the com pany into a pr ofita ble busine ss. 2食品和医药的价格在过去的三个月里急剧增长2) The price s of food and me dicine have soared in the pa st three months. 3我们打算重新粉刷这栋办公大楼的上面几层3) We plan to repaint the upper floors of he office building. 4 他的成功表面流行与艺术价值有时候是一致的4) His succe ss shows that popularity and artisti c merit sometimes coincide. 5我不愿意看见我所敬爱的祖母躺在医院床上痛苦的呻吟 5) I don’t want to see my beloved gra ndmother lying in a hospital bed a nd gr oaning painfully. Unit6 1他这人话不多,但要说玩电脑那他就太机灵了,同学们都不是他的对手 1) He is a man of few words, but when it come s to playing a computer games, he is far too clever for his classmates. 2 无知的孩子们可能认为这些动物很可爱并开始跟他们玩起来2) Children who don’t know any better may think the se animals are pretty cute and start playing with them. 3没有办法获得贷款,所以,要购买新设备,我只得咬紧牙关,卖掉我的混合型动力汽车3) There is no way to obtain a loan,so to buy the new equipment, I will just have to grit my teeth and sell my hybrid car. 4 如果猎人没有看到一群象朝他的营地走来,他就不会开枪 4) The hunter would not ha ve fired the shots if he hadn’t seen a herd of elephants coming towards his campsite. 5我觉得具有讽刺意味的是汤姆的记忆是有选择的,他好像不记得过去痛苦的经历特别是那些有他自己制造的痛苦经历5) I find it ironic that T om has a selective memory --- he does not seem to remember painful experiences in the past, particularly those of his own doing.

综合教程课文翻译

U n i t 1 Something for stevie I try not to be biased, but I had my doubts about hiring Stevie. His placement counselor assured me that he would be a good, reliable busboy. But I had never had a mentally handicapped employee and wasn’t sure I wanted one. I wasn’t sure how my customers would react. Stevie was short, a little dumpy, with the smooth facial features and thick-tongued speech of Down’s syndrome. I wasn’t worried about most of my trucker customers. Truckers don’t generally care who buses tables as long as the food is good and the pies are homemade. The ones who concerned me were the mouthy college kids traveling to school; the yuppie snobs who secretly polish their silverware with their napkins for fear of catching some dreaded “truck-stop germ;”and the pairs of white-shirted businessmen on expense accounts who think every truck-stop waitress wants to be flirted with. I knew those people would be uncomfortable around Stevie, so I closely watched him for the first few weeks. I shouldn’t have worried. After the first week, Stevie had my staff wrapped around his little finger. Within a month my trucker regulars had adopted him as their official truck-stop mascot. After that I really didn’t care what the rest of the customers thought. He was a 21-year-old in blue jeans and Nikes, eager to laugh and eager

全新版大学英语(第二版)综合教程1课文翻译

为自己而写 从孩提时代,我还住在贝尔维尔时,我的脑子里就断断续续地转着当作家的念头,但直等到我高中三年级,这—一想法才有了实现的可能。在这之前,我对所有跟英文课沾边的事都感到腻味。我觉得英文语法枯燥难懂。我痛恨那些长而乏味的段落写作,老师读着受累,我写着痛苦。 弗利格尔先生接我们的高三英文课时,我就准备着在这门最最单调乏味的课上再熬上沉闷的一年。弗利格尔先生在学生中以其说话干巴和激励学生无术而出名。据说他拘谨刻板,完全落后于时代。我看他有六七十岁了,古板之极。他戴着古板的毫无装饰的眼镜,微微卷曲的头发剪得笔齐,梳得纹丝不乱。他身穿古板的套装,白衬衣领扣外的领带打得——丝不苟。他救着古板的尖下巴,古板的直鼻梁,说起话来—·本正经,字斟句酌,彬彬有礼,活脱脱一个橱稽的老古董。 我作好准备,打算在弗利格尔先生的班上一无所获地混上—·年,不少日子过去了,还真率出所料。后半学期我们学写随笔小品文。弗利格尔先生发下一张家庭作业纸,出了不少题供我们选择。像“暑假二三事”那样傻乎乎的题目倒是一个也没有,但绝大多数—样乏味。我把作文题带回家,——直没写,直到要交作业的前一天晚上。我躺在沙发上,最终不得不面对这一讨厌的功课,便从笔记本里抽出作文题目单粗粗—看。我的目光落在“吃意大利细面条的艺术”这个题目上。… 这个题目在我脑海里唤起了一连串不同寻常的图像。贝尔维尔之夜的清晰的回忆如潮水一般涌来,当时,我们大家——起围坐在晚餐桌旁——艾伦舅舅、我母亲、查理舅舅、多丽丝、哈尔舅舅——帕特舅妈晚饭做的是意大利细面条。那时意大利细面条还是很少听说的异国食品。多丽丝和我都还从来没吃过,在座的大人也是经验不足,没有—个吃起来得心应手的。艾伦舅舅家诙谐有趣的场景全都重现在我的脑海中,我回想起来,当晚我们笑作—团,争论着该如何地把面条从盘子上送到嘴里才算合乎礼仪。 突然我就想描述那…切,描述当时那种温馨美好的气氛,但我把它写下来仅仅是想白得其乐,而不是为弗利格尔先生而写。那是我想重新捕捉并珍藏在心中的一个时刻。我想重温那个夜晚的愉快。然而,照我希望的那样去写,就会违反我在学校里学的正式作文的种种法则弗利格尔先生也肯定会打它—个不及格。没关系。等我为自己写好了之后,我可以再为弗利格尔先生写点什么别的东西。 等我写完时已是半夜时分,再没时间为弗利格尔先生写——篇循规蹈矩、像模像样的文章了。第二天上午,我别无选择,只好把我为自己而写的贝尔维尔晚餐的故事交了上去。两天后弗利格尔先生发还批改过的作文,他把别人的都发了,·就是没有我的。我正准备着遵命—放学就去弗利格尔先生那儿挨训,却看见他从桌上拿起我的作文,敲了敲桌子让大家注意听。 “好了,孩子们,”他说。“我要给你们念一篇小品文。文章的题目是:吃意大利细面条的艺术。” 于是他开始念了。是我写的!他给全班大声念我写的文章。更不可思议的是,全班同学都在听着他念,而且听得很专心。有人笑出声来,接着全班都笑了,不是轻蔑嘲弄,而是乐乎乎地开怀大笑。就连弗利格尔先生也停顿了两三次,好抑制他那丝拘谨的微笑。我尽力不流露出得意的心情,但是看到我写的文章竟然能使别人大笑,我真是心花怒放。就在十——年级,可谓是最后的时刻,我找到了一个今生想做的事。这是我整个求学生涯中最幸福的——刻。弗利格尔先生念完后说道:“瞧,孩子们,这就是小品文,懂了没有。这才是一知道吗——这才是小品文的精髓,知道了没有。祝贺你,贝克先生。”他这番话使我沉浸 在十全十美的幸福之中

大学英语2翻译全套

There Is Magic in a Word of Praise赞美之词的魔力 一次,一位百老汇喜剧演员做了一个噩梦:他梦见自己在一个座无虚席的剧场里讲故事、唱歌,数以千计的人们看着他—但是没有人笑或拍手。“即使一个星期能赚10万美元,”他说,“那也像人间地狱一般。” 不仅演员需要掌声,没有赞扬和鼓励,任何人都会失去信心。因此,我们都有着双重需求:被别人称赞以及懂得如何去称赞别人。说赞美的话是有技巧的,有正确的说法。比如,因为某些显而易见的成就而去表扬一个人,这不是真正的赞扬。你得运用辨别力和创造力。“您今晚的演讲很精彩、很有说服力,”一次,一位和蔼可亲的女士对一位商人说,“我禁不住想,您肯定也能当一名出色的律师。”听到这意外的溢美之词,那位商人像个男生般地脸红了。 无论声名显赫还是默默无闻,没有一个人会对真诚的赞赏无动于衷。耶鲁著名的英语教授威廉·里昂·费尔普斯讲述道:“一个炎热的夏日,我走进一家拥挤的饭馆吃中饭。服务员递给我菜单时,我说,‘今天厨房里的小伙子们肯定在受罪!’服务员惊讶地看着我说:‘来这儿的人都抱怨菜的味道不好,对服务评头论足,还埋怨太闷热。19年了,你是第一个对后面厨房里的厨师们表示同情的人。’人们所需要的,”费尔普斯下结论道,“是作为人能得到一点点关注。”在那种关注中,真诚是至关重要的。当劳作了一天的男人回家时看见孩子们将脸贴在窗上、张望着等待他,他也许会感到这种无声而珍贵的语言如甘露一般涤荡了他的心灵。 孩子们尤其渴望鼓励。童年时如果得不到善意的赞赏,将会危及性格的发展。一位年轻妈妈向A·W·比文牧师讲述了一件让人伤心的事:“我的小女儿常常不听话,我不得不批评她。但是有一天,她特别乖,没有做一件会挨批评的事。当天晚上,我给她盖好被子、准备下楼时,听见她在抽泣。我走回去,发现她把头埋在枕头里。她一边呜咽一边问:‘难道我今天还不够乖吗?’” “那个问题,” 那位妈妈说,“像把刀一样刺痛了我。当她做错事时,我总是急于纠正,可是当她努力表现得好些时,我却没有注意。我哄她睡觉时连一句称赞的话都没有。” 同样的准则——说友善的话——适用于所有的人际关系。我小时候住在巴尔的摩,当时街坊里开了一家新的药店,为此我们那位技能娴熟、资历颇深的药剂师老派克·巴洛很生气。他指责他的年轻对手出售廉价药品而且在配药时没有经验。最后,那位受到伤害的新来的药剂师考虑以诽谤罪起诉对方,于是他去见了一位明智的律师托马斯·海斯。“别把争端扩大化,”海斯建议说,“试试友善(地处理)。” 第二天,当顾客们告诉他他的对手在讲他坏话时,这位新药剂师说,一定是哪里发生误会了。“派克·巴洛,”他对他们说,“是这个镇上最好的药剂师之一。他能在任何一刻、任何一天或任何一晚配出急救药方。他的细心是我们所有人学习的榜样。这个街坊已经扩大了—有足够的空间同时容下我们俩。我把他的药店当作我学习的典范。” 当那位老人听说这些话时——因为称赞和丑闻一样会长着闲聊的翅膀迅速散播——迫不及待地要亲自见见这个年轻人,给他一些有用的建议。怨恨因真挚诚实的赞扬而化解了。 为什么我们大多数人对于那些能让其他人高兴的事实避而不提呢?“给生者一朵玫瑰,其意义远远胜于送给逝者华丽的花圈。”一位风度翩翩的老绅士以前常常顺路去新罕布什尔州靠近康韦的一家古董店里推销商品。有一天,等他走了以后,古董商的妻子说,她很想告诉他他的来访给他们带来了很多乐趣。丈夫回答说:“下一次我们告诉吧。” 第二年夏天,一个年轻女子来到店里,她自我介绍说是那个销售员的女儿。她说,她的父亲已经去世了。“从那天以后,”古董店老板说,“不管什么时候当我想到一个人的优点,我就会立即告诉他。也许我不再有另一个机会了。” 如同艺术家们在把美展示给别人的过程中能获得满足一样,任何一个掌握赞美艺术的人会发现它对给予者和接受者来说都是一种幸福。它给陈词滥调注入温暖和愉悦,将喧嚣的世界转变成优美的音乐。 每个人身上都有值得称道的地方。我们只是需要把它说出来。

大学汉英翻译教程-Note

Chapter one 2012-3-27 ?翻译可分为口译interpretation和笔译translation。 ?Interpretation can be divided into two types: one is consecutive interpretation, another is simultaneous interpretation. ?翻译三原则(George Washington Campbell,Alexander Fraser Tytler) 1.原作的意义、意思 2.原作的思想、精神 3.流畅、通顺 ?翻译方法1.直译literal translation 2.意译free translation 3.音译transliteration ?山雨欲来风满楼The coming events cast their shadows before. 才学最差,叫喊最多The worst wheel of a cart creaks most. 与……狼狈为奸hand in glove with… 乱七八糟at sixes and sevens 千载难逢once in a blue moon 路必有弯,势必有转机It is a long lane that has no turning. 家丑不可外扬It is an ill bird that fouls its own nest. ?The main principles of TRANSLITERA TION 1.准确读音 2.正确拼写姓名拼写中姓与名要空一格首字母要大写eg. Pu Songling 地名拼写中首字母大写不空格eg. Fujian Guangdong Xi’an 一般来说除地名人名之外其他专有名词英译时首字母要大写如汉Han; 一般名词要小写 3.弄清词源有些词需要追溯到最初发音以利于音译eg.菩萨Bodhisattva 4.约定俗成eg. 孙中山Sun Y at-sen 宋庆龄Soong Ching Ling 陈嘉庚Tan Kah Kee 5.准确回译eg. 纽约New Y ork 6.缩略语复原eg. 闽Fujian 武大Wuhan University Chapter two 2012-3-28 ?The classification of CULTURE 1.物质文化material culture 2.制度文化institutional culture 3.心理文化mental culture ?中英思维方式对比 1.中国人注重伦理,英美人注重认知 2.中国人注重整体、偏重综合性思维;英美人注重个体、偏重分析性思维 3.中国人重直觉,英美人重实证 4.中国人重形象思维,英美人重逻辑思维 Chapter three 2012-3-31 ?词语的指称意义与蕴含意义的对比 1.指称意义是词语在交际过程中所表达的字面的最基本的意义,相当于一种约定俗 成的认知 2.蕴含意义的理解与表达eg:His wife was unfaithful to him, and he became a cuckold. 他老婆红杏出墙,给他戴了顶绿帽子。此处注意红和绿。?词语英译与语言语境 1.根据语言语境确定原文词义:“醉心于……”be engrossed in褒be infatuated with 贬 2.根据语言环境选择译文用词:①Mum gave a book as my birthday present .

全新版大学英语综合教程1翻译题答案

UNIT 1 Keys 1. As it was a formal dinner party, I wore formal dress, as Mother told me to. 2. His girlfriend advised him to get out of/get rid of his bad habit of smoking before it took hold. 3. Anticipating that the demand for electricity will be high during the next few months, they have decided to increase its production. 4. It is said that Bill has been fired for continually violating the company's safety rules/Bill is said to have been fired for continually violating the company's safety rules. 5. It is reported that the government has taken proper measures to avoid the possibility of a severe water shortage./The local government is reported to have taken proper measures to avoid the possibility of a severe water shortage. Susan lost her legs because of / in a car accident. For a time, she didn't know how to face up to the fact that she would never (be able to) walk again. One day, while scanning (through) some magazines, a true story caught her eye / she was attracted by a true story. It gave a vivid description of how a disabled girl became a writer. Greatly inspired, Susan began to feel that she, too, would finally be able to lead a useful life. UNIT 2 Keys 1) Half an hour had gone by, but the last bus hadn't come yet. We had to walk home. 2) Mary looks as if she is very worried about the Chinese exam because she hasn't learned the texts by heart. 3) Since the basketball match has been postponed, we might as well visit the museum. 4) He stayed in Australia with his parents all the way through World War II. 5) Since I graduated from Nanjing University in 1985, I have kind of lost touch with my classmates. It is not easy to keep in touch with friends when they are far away. This is certainly true in my case. It has been a couple of years since I left my old neighborhood and all the friends I had there. I've been meaning to write to them but something or other comes up and I just don't seem to find the time. They are always on my mind, however, and I think I will certainly make an effort to keep up correspondence with them in future. UNIT 3 Keys As is predicted by scientists, global pollution has become one of the most serious problems humans are faced with. 2) Competition for these jobs is very tough ─ we have five times as many applican ts this year as

普通高等学校大学英语2重点翻译

Translation : Unit 1 1. 电台热线电话radio phone-in 电台热线吸引了越来越多的人参与到讨论问题当中来。 The radio phone-in attracted more peopl e to take part in the discussion of the issue. 2. 彻头彻尾的虚伪姿态thoroughly hypocritical posture 他说他真的想要帮助穷人,但我们知道这只是他彻头彻尾的虚伪姿态。 He said he really wanted to help the poor, but we knew it was a thoroughly hypocritical posture. 3. 被慷慨地赋予这些特性be more lavishly bestowed with these attributes 通常认为中国人诚实、努力,他们被慷慨的赋予这些特征。 We usually think Chinese are honest and hardworking and are more lavishly bestoed with these attributes. 4. 露马脚give the game away 她说她爱他,但她的眼神路了马脚。 She said she l oved him but her eyes gave the game away. 5. 废除猎狐abolish fox-hunting 现在越来越多的人想要废除猎狐。 Now more and more peopl e want to abolish fox-hunting. Unit 2 1. 西湖的美因四季而不同,但总能吸引游客(l ose its grip on) The beautiful West Lake in different seasons never l oses its grip on tourists. 2. 很多热心人都在深切关注著那走失孩子的命运(care about) Many warm-hearted citizens are caring d eeply about the missing boy’s fate. 3. 这首歌将在我们脑海里萦绕数月。(haunt) The song woul d haunt us for months. 4. 尽管我很快就使他相信我是清白的, 但他从此却不把我当好朋友了。

相关主题
文本预览
相关文档 最新文档