当前位置:文档之家› 突破对话中英对照TXT文本

突破对话中英对照TXT文本

李阳疯狂英语口语突破系列-突破对话中英对照TXT文本
→☆我爱英语屋店主(QQ:18469114)祝您英语学习顺利,生活称心如意!☆←


PART 1:CORE DIALOGUES
核心对话
1、It's Nice Meeting You.
很高兴见到你。
A: Hi, Stone. I'd like to introduce my friend, Lisa.
嗨,石头。我想介绍一 下我的朋友,丽莎。
B: Hi, Lisa. It's nice meeting you.
嗨,丽莎。很高兴认识 你。
C: Nice meeting you, too, Stone.
我也很高兴认识你,石 头。
B: Lisa, you know, I've heard a lot about you.
丽莎,你知道,我听说 过许多关于你的事情。
C: Really? I hope it's not anything bad about me.
真的吗?希望不是关于 我的坏事情。
B: Not at all. You are very popular.
根本不是。你很受欢迎 。
Everything I've heard has been good!
我听到的都是关于你的 好事情!
A: Hi, Stone. I'd like to introduce my friend, Lisa.
嗨,石头。我想介绍一 下我的朋友,丽莎。
B: Hi, Lisa. It's nice meeting you.
嗨,丽莎。很高兴认识 你。
C: Nice meeting you, too, Stone.
我也很高兴认识你,石 头。
B: Lisa, you know, I've heard a lot about you.
丽莎,你知道,我听说 过许多关于你的事情。
C: Really? I hope it's not anything bad about me.
真的吗?希望不是关于 我的坏事情。
B: Not at all. You are very popular.
根本不是。你很受欢迎 。
Everything I've heard has been good!
我听到的都是关于你的 好事情!
A: Hi, Stone. I'd like to introduce my friend, Lisa.
嗨,石头。我想介绍一 下我的朋友,丽莎。
B: Hi, Lisa. It's nice meeting you.
嗨,丽莎。很高兴认识 你。
C: Nice meeting you, too, Stone.
我也很高兴认识你,石 头。
B: Lisa, you know, I've heard a lot about you.
丽莎,你知道,我听说 过许多关于你的事情。
C: Really? I hope it's not anything bad about me.
真的吗?希望不是关于 我的坏事情。
B: Not at all. You are very popular.
根本不是。你很受欢迎 。
Everything I've heard has been good!
我听到的都是关于你的 好事情!
A: Hi, Stone. I'd like to introduce my friend, Lisa.
嗨,石头。我想介绍一 下我的朋友,丽莎。
B: Hi, Lisa. It's nice meeting you.
嗨,丽莎。很高兴认识 你。
C: Nice meeting you, too, Stone.
我也很高兴认识你,石 头。
B: Lisa, you know, I've heard a lot about you.
丽莎,你知道,我听说 过许多关于你的事情。
C: Really? I hope it's not anything bad about me.
真的吗?希望不是关于 我的坏事情。
B: Not at all. You are very popular.
根本不是。你很受欢迎 。
Everything I've heard has been good!
我听到的都是关于你的 好事情!
A: Hi, Stone. I'd like to introduce my friend, Lisa.
嗨,石头。我想介绍一 下我的朋友,丽莎。
B: Hi, Lisa. It's nice meeting you.
嗨,丽莎。很高兴认识 你。
C: Nice meetin

g you, too, Stone.
我也很高兴认识你,石 头。
B: Lisa, you know, I've heard a lot about you.
丽莎,你知道,我听说 过许多关于你的事情。
C: Really? I hope it's not anything bad about me.
真的吗?希望不是关于 我的坏事情。
B: Not at all. You are very popular.
根本不是。你很受欢迎 。
Everything I've heard has been good!
我听到的都是关于你的 好事情!
A: Hi, Stone. I'd like to introduce my friend, Lisa.
嗨,石头。我想介绍一 下我的朋友,丽莎。
A: Hello, let me introduce myself.
你好。让我自我介绍一 下。
I'm your new neighbor. My name is Andy.
我是你的新邻居,安迪 。
B: Hi, Andy. I'm Judy. It's nice meeting you.
你好,安迪。我叫朱迪 。很高兴认识你。
A: Nice meeting you, too.
我也很高兴认识你。
B: Come over and visit when you have time.
有空过来聊聊天。
A: Thanks for the invitation. I will!
谢谢邀请,我会的!
2、It's My Pleasure.
这是我的荣幸。
A: Linda, it's really late. Let's call it a day.
琳达,太晚了,我们今 天就做到这儿吧。
B: Good idea.
好主意。
We can finish this project the first thing tomorrow morning.
我们明天早上第一件事 就完成这个项目。
A: Sure thing. Do you want me to give you a ride home?
当然。要我开车送你回 家吗?
B: That's great. Thanks for the ride.
太好了。多谢你送我,
I really appreciate it. You know my car is still in the shop.
我真的很感激。你知道 我的车还在修。
A: Don't mention it. It's my pleasure.
没关系。这是我的荣幸 。
B: It's very nice of you.
你真好。
A: Mike, these flowers are just gorgeous.
迈克,这些花真是太漂 亮了。
B: I'm glad you like them. Happy birthday!
很高兴你喜欢。生日快 乐!
A: I can't thank you enough. I'm really touched.
真不知该怎么谢你。我 真的很感动,
I don't know what to say.
不知该说些什么才好。
B: Forget it. It's my pleasure. You mean a lot to me.
不用客气。这是我的荣 幸。你对我来说太重要 了。
A: You're the best!
你是最好的!
3、I'm Working on It.
我正在努力。
A: Kim, have you made contact with Mr. Lee?
金姆,你跟李先生联系 上了没有?
B: Not yet, Mr. Wang. But I'm working on it.
还没有,王先生。我正 在联系。
A: What seems to be the problem?
是怎么回事?
B: I just keep getting a busy signal.
我打的时候老是占线。
A: Maybe his phone is out of order. Anyway, keep working on it.
也许是他的电话坏了。 不管怎么样,继续联系 吧。
I really need an answer about the contract I sent him.
我确实想知道他对那份 合同的回应。
B: All right, I'll let you know when I get through.
好的,接通了我就告诉 你。
A: Peter, have you finished your English composition?
彼得,你的英语作文写 完了吗?
B: No. But I'm working

on it.
没有。我正在写。
A: Class starts in twenty minutes.
还有20分钟就要上课了 。
You have to turn it in at the beginning of class today.
你得今天上课前交作业 !
B: I know. I know!
我知道。我知道!
A: Do you think you can finish it on time?
你觉得你能按时完成吗 ?
B: Don't worry. I'll get it done very soon. I'm almost finished.
不用担心。我马上就写 完,差不多写完了。
A: You'd better hurry!
你最好快点!
B: Well, it would be a lot easier to finish
你要是不跟我说话,
if you stopped talking to me.
我会完成得更轻松。
A: Sorry!
对不起!
4、It's a Piece of Cake.
这很容易。
A: Jim, I heard you've bought a new computer.
吉姆,我听说你买了一 台新电脑。
B: Yes. Look, it is on my desk.
是的。看,就在我的桌 子上。
A: Your office looks different with a computer.
有了一台电脑,你的办 公室看上去大不一样了 。
By the way, is it difficult to use a computer?
噢,对了,用电脑难吗 ?
B: Not at all. It's a piece of cake.
一点也不。这很容易。
A: A piece of cake?
很容易?
B: Yes. It's easy and convenient to use a computer.
是的。使用电脑很容易 ,也很方便,
But it takes a long time to really master it.
但要真正掌握它就需要 时间了。
A: Jim, could you do me a favor?
吉姆,你能帮我个忙吗 ?
B: Sure, just ask. What can I do for you?
当然,说吧。要我做什 么?
A: My car has a problem starting.
我的车启动不了。
Could you please take a look at it for me?
你能帮我看一下吗?
B: No sweat. It's a piece of cake.
没问题。这很容易。
A: Are you sure?
你肯定?
B: Absolutely. I'm a great mechanic.
绝对。我修车很在行。
A: Thanks for helping me out. I really appreciate it.
多谢帮忙。我真的很感 激。
B: Anytime.
愿意效劳。
5、I Couldn't Agree More.
我完全同意。
A: Jim, how was your weekend?
吉姆,你的周末过得怎 么样?
B: I went to the beach with my friends and had a barbecue there.
我跟朋友去海滩玩了, 还在那儿吃了烧烤。
A: That sounds like a lot of fun. Did you go swimming, too?
那一定很好玩。你们也 游泳了吧?
B: Sure. I think it's a fantastic place to go.
当然。我觉得那是个好 去处。
A: I couldn't agree more. That's an ideal place for a vacation.
我完全同意。那是个理 想的度假场所。
B: It sure is.
当然。
A: I can't wait to go there myself.
我都巴不得亲自到那儿 去玩玩。
A: Beautiful weather, isn't it?
今天天气不错,是不是 ?
B: Yes, it is. Are you here on business?
是的,的确不错。你来 这儿出差吗?
A: No, I'm on a vacation to see the famous Three Gorges.
不,我休假去着名的三 峡旅游。
B: I'm going there for a tour, too. Is this your first trip to China?
我也是去游三峡的。你 这是第一

次来中国吗?
A: Yes, it is.
是的。
B: Why don't we go together? I can show you around.
我们何不结伴而行呢? 我可以带你到处走走。
I think you'll have a better time.
我想你会玩得更开心的 。
A: I couldn't agree more.
我完全同意。
B: Great, let's go!
太好了,走吧!
6、Thank You for Everything.
感谢你做的一切。
A: Jenny, are you having a good time?
詹妮,你在这儿玩得开 心吗?
B: Yes, of course.
当然开心。
This is a really wonderful party
这场晚会有美食、
with interesting people and great food.
佳宾,真是棒极了。
A: I'm glad you are enjoying yourself.
很高兴你在这里玩得开 心。
B: Thank you for the invitation.
感谢你的邀请。
A: It's my pleasure. Can I get you another glass of champagne?
这是我的荣幸。再来一 杯香槟吗?
B: Yes, I'd love another glass.
是的,我还想再来一杯 。
You're a wonderful hostess. Thank you for everything.
你真是一位出色的女主 人。感谢你做的一切。
A: It's my pleasure having you here.
你能来是我的荣幸。
A: Mrs. Lee, I've stayed here for almost a week.
李太太,我在这儿已经 住了差不多一个星期了 。
I really must leave tomorrow.
我明天真得走了。
B: Please feel free to stay as long as you want.
请随意,想住多久就住 多久吧。
You know you're always welcome here.
你总是受欢迎的。
A: Thank you. You've been so nice to me.
谢谢。你对我真好。
B: Is there anything else I can do for you before your leave?
在你走之前还要我做点 什么吗?
A: No, thanks. You've done a lot for me already.
不用了,多谢。你已经 为我做了很多。
Thank you for everything.
感谢你做的一切。
B: Don't mention it. I've really enjoyed your company.
不必客气,有你的陪伴 ,我也很开心。
7、Don't Worry about It.
别担心。
A: Jodi, I must get a hold of Jim today,
祖迪,我今天一定得跟 吉姆联系上,
but I forgot his address and phone number.
可是我忘了他的地址和 电话号码了。
B: Don't worry about it. I have his pager number right here.
别担心。我这儿有他的 呼机号。
A: Really? You've helped me a lot. Thank you.
真的吗?你帮了我大忙 。谢谢。
B: Forget it. It's nothing.
不用客气,这没什么。
A: Anna, Would you like to dance?
安娜,你想跳舞吗?
B: I'd love to, but I'm a terrible dancer.
哦,我很乐意。可是我 跳得很糟糕。
I'm afraid I may step on your toes.
我担心踩着你的脚。
A: Don't worry about it. I'll show you how. It's a piece of cake.
别担心。我教你怎么跳 。简单得很。
B: Thank you. I'll try my best.
谢谢。我会尽力的。
8、I Apologize.
我很抱歉。
A: Jessie, I'm afraid I can't come back home for dinner tonight.
杰茜,我恐怕今晚不能 回家吃晚饭了。
B: Not back home for dinner again?

不回家吃晚饭?
That's the third time this week!
这个星期你已经是第三 次了这样了!
A: I'm sorry. Our company has just opened.
对不起。我们的公司刚 刚开业,
There are always too many things to handle. You know that.
总是有太多事情要处理 ,这你是知道的。
B: You don't have to explain. Suit yourself.
你不必解释了。随便你 。
A: I apologize. You have my word,
很抱歉。我向你保证,
I'll spend some time with you on the weekend. I promise.
周末抽时间来陪你。我 发誓。
B: We'll see.
再说吧。
A: Thank you for understanding.
谢谢你能理解。
I promise I'll make it up to you.
我保证一定给你补上。
A: Sam, you've got to forgive me.
山姆,你得原谅我。
B: Forgive you for what?
原谅你什么?
A: I used your computer.
我用了你的电脑。
And I'm afraid I've erased your personal files accidentally.
恐怕我不小心把你的私 人文件删掉了。
B: No! Are you kidding me?
不!你跟我开玩笑?
A: I'm afraid not. I apologize.
不是。我很抱歉。
B: I can't believe it!
我简直不敢相信!
I have all my important personal documents stored in that computer.
我将所有重要的私人资 料都存入电脑了。
It's no laughing matter.
这可不是闹着玩的。
A: I told you I'm sorry. What can I do to make it up to you?
我都跟你道歉了。我怎 样做才能弥补我的过错 ?
B: Well, you should be sorry! Don't ever use my computer again!
你应该道歉!再也不许 用我的电脑了!
You can't do anything now, it's too late!
现在你做什么都没有用 了,已经太迟了!
9、You Did a Good Job.
你干得很好。
A: Tom, I've got good news for you.
汤姆,我给你带来了好 消息。
B: What is it?
什么好消息?
A: Haven't you heard that your novel has won The Nobel Prize?
你难道没有听说你的小 说获诺贝尔奖了?
B: Really? I can't believe it. It's like a dream come true.
真的?简直不敢相信。 这就像做梦一样。
I never expected that I would win The Nobel Prize!
我从没想到会获得诺贝 尔奖!
A: You did a good job. I'm extremely proud of you.
你干得不错。我真为你 感到自豪。
B: Thanks for the compliment.
多谢夸奖。
A: You certainly deserve it. Let's celebrate!
你该拿这个奖。我们好 好庆祝一下吧!
A: I heard you were promoted to general manager
我听说你被提升为IBM 公司
of IBM's China Headquarters.
中国总部的总经理了。
B: That's true. I got the news yesterday.
没错。我是昨天才知道 的。
A: You did a good job for the company.
你为公司作出了贡献。
So, this is your first day in the new position. How do you feel?
那么,今天是你在新职 位上的第一天,感觉怎 么样?
B: Not bad. I'm confident. And I like challenges.
不错。我有信心。而且 ,我喜欢挑战。
A: I believe you are cut

out for this position.
我相信你能够胜任这份 工作。
B: Thank you.
谢谢你。
10、I'm Looking Forward to It.
我期待着这件事。
A: I've been working hard for a whole year. I really need a break.
我辛辛苦苦工作了整整 一年。我真得歇歇了。
B: That's true. You need to take some time off to relax.
真的。你需要抽出一些 时间放松一下。
A: You said it. I'm looking forward to my annual vacation.
你说得没错。我正期待 着年假的到来。
B: When are you going to take your vacation?
你什么时候开始休假?
A: Later this month. I can't wait!
这个月底。我等不及了 !
B: I really envy you. I'm not taking my vacation until December.
我真羡慕你。我要到十 二月份才能休假。
A: Mr. Wang, have you enjoyed your stay here?
王先生,你在这儿过得 愉快吗?
B: Of course, I've enjoyed it very much.
当然,我过得很愉快。
I've met my old friends and made some new friends.
我见到了我的老朋友, 还结识了一些新朋友。
A: We've all enjoyed being with you. When will you come back?
我们都喜欢跟你在一起 。你什么时候回来?
B: Sometime next year.
明年的某个时候。
A: I'm looking forward to seeing you again. Take care.
我期待再一次见到你。 多保重。
B: The same to you. Keep in touch.
你也一样。保持联系。
PART 2:PRIMARY DIALOGUES
初级对话
1. How Long Will It Take to Learn English
学会英语要多长时间
A: How long will it take to learn English?
学会英语要花多长时间 ?
Will I be able to take other courses next semester
我下学期可不可以选修 别的课程?
or will English take up all of my time?
还是要把英语一直学下 去?
B: It's hard to say. Language isn't like other studies.
很难说。语言不同于其 它的学问。
A: You mean I could finish this course and still not know English?
你是说我修完了这门课 还是不懂英文?
You've got to be kidding!
你在开玩笑吧!
B: I'm not kidding.
绝无戏言。
Learning a language is a question of forming language habits
这是一个养成语言习惯 的问题,
and that takes time.
得花不少时间。
A: So do we have to stay in this English class forever?
那我们一辈子都得留在 英语班了吗?
B: No. You just have to stay here long enough
那倒不必。你要在班上 待到获得一些
to get some orientation.
学习的方法为止。
Then you go on practicing and learning outside.
然后你就可以在课外练 习和进修了。
A lot of learning depends on your personal motivation.
学习很多时候是要靠你 的个人动力。
A: So it's really the same story.
还是那句话,
Practice, practice, practice and more practice
操练,操练,再操练
is the only way to learn a language.
是学习一门语言的唯一 办法。
B: You said it.
你说对了!
2. Americans Have So Much Money
美国人好有


A: I used to think that Americans had so much money
从前我老以为美国人都 好有钱,
they didn't know what to do with it.
却不知道该怎么花。
B: You did?
你真这么想?
A: Yes. But now I've learned differently.
是呀。不过我已经知道 不是这么回事了。
Now I have a more realistic opinion.
现在我的看法更实际。
B: What do you think now?
那你现在怎么想?
A: There are lots of jobs, and almost everybody works.
美国有许多行业,而且 几乎人人都工作。
There is a high standard of living. People earn a lot,
生活水准高,个人收入 多,
but they spend a lot to live. So there isn't so much money after all.
但生活开支也大。所以 最后也没剩多少钱。
B: But I still say Americans spend a lot more money
但我还是认为美国人
on useless things than we Chinese do.
比我们中国人爱乱花钱 。
A: That's true. But Americans work hard for their money like we do.
那倒是。但是美国人和 我们一样努力地工作。
I don't know why our spending habits are so different.
我不知道为什么两国的 消费习惯这么不同。
3. Could You Explain a Little More
你能再解释一下吗
A: What do you think is harder, reading or writing?
你认为读和写哪个比较 难?
B: Well, they're completely different.
它们是截然不同的两码 事,
Reading is passive, and writing is active.
读是被动的,写是主动 的。
A: I don't think I understand what you mean.
我不知道你说的是什么 意思,
Could you explain a little more?
能不能再给我稍微解释 一下?
B: In reading you need to recognize language
阅读是认识纸上
by seeing the words on the page and knowing what they are.
现有的语言文字,
In writing you have to produce language,
而写作是在白纸上
you have to create your own words on a blank page.
用自己的话创造语言。
A: Oh, now I see what you mean.
哦,我明白你的意思了 。
When you're reading, you are just looking,
读只是浏览,
but when you are writing, you are actually doing something!
而写却是创造。
B: A reading knowledge of a language is larger
一种语言的阅读知识要 比写作知识
and different from a writing knowledge. Don't you think so?
来得广泛而且大不相同 。你难道不同意吗?
A: I think I see what you mean.
我想我懂你的意思了。
I can read Shakespeare but I definitely can't write it.
我可以阅读莎士比亚的 作品,但却写不出来。
B: Exactly.
对极了。
A: So I have another question for you.
我还有一个问题。
What do you think is harder, speaking or understanding?
你认为听和说哪个比较 难?
B: They're both harder than reading or writing.
两个都比读和写难。
A: In what way?
在哪一方面?
B: Because they are direct communication with another person,
因为他们直接与他人沟 通,
and there's a time limit.

且还有时间上的限制 。
This time limit is the most serious problem for foreigners,
时间上的限制对外国人 来说是最严重的问题,
even for those who know lots of English.
甚至对那些懂得很多英 文的人也是如此。
A: You are making me feel really discouraged.
你弄得我好泄气。
B: I'm not trying to discourage you. I'm trying to help you.
我不是在打击你,而是 想帮你。
You have to live with these difficulties.
你总得面对这些困难,
Isn't it better to know about them?
了解了这些困难不是更 好吗?
The more you know about what you have to face,
你对要面对的问题了解 越多,
the better you'll do. I promise!
就会做得越好,我向你 保证。
4.Don't Worry about Making Mistakes
不要担心犯错误
A: I've always wondered, what's the difference between English
我一直弄不明白,中国 学生学英语和美国学生
for Chinese students and English for native students?
学英语有什么不同?
B: I don't know. What do you think?
不知道,你觉得呢?
A: I think a Chinese student concentrates on written English,
我认为中国学生注重书 面语言,
and uses it as a basis for communicating.
而且以此来交流。
From start to finish he's learning vocabulary
他们从始至终都在背单 词
and fundamentals of grammar.
和学语法基础。
This is a very difficult way to learn.
这是一种很困难的学习 方法。
B: What do natives get?
那美国人呢?
A: They get higher level English,
他们注重比口语
which is more formal than everyday spoken English.
更为正规和高级的成文 英语。
They also deal with matters of style and creativity.
他们也学习文体和创作 。
B: Do you mean that a native doesn't make any mistakes in grammar?
你说美国本土人都不会 犯语法错误吗?
A: Absolutely not! Native speakers make a lot of grammar mistakes,
当然不是!他们同样犯 很多错误,
especially if they come from a home
尤其是来自一个
where nonstandard English is spoken.
说不标准英语的家庭的 人。
B: I suppose that only a small percentage of college students
我想在美国大学里只有 极少数的大专学生
don't know standard English in American universities.
不懂得标准英语。
A: Actually there are more non-native speakers than you think.
实际上在美国的非英语 母语者要比你想象的多 。
That's why it's so important to quit worrying about making mistakes.
这就是为什么你不必担 心犯错误。
Just talk to everyone every chance you get.
见到人就说,不放过每 一个练英语的机会。
5.Are You New In this Class
你刚到这个班上吗
A: Hi. Are you new in this class?
你刚到这个班上吗?
B: Yes, I am. I really don't know anyone.
是的,我谁也不认识。
A: Did you just arrive in this country? You look a little nervous.
你是不是刚到这个国家 ? 你看

上去有点拘束。
B: No. I was here last semester,
不是,我上学期就来了 。
but I didn't find out about this class in time.
不过我没赶上这班,
So I'm taking it this semester.
所以这学期才上。
A: I took this course last semester too. Now I am taking it again!
我上学期就在学这门课 ,现在又在学!
B: How is it? Do you learn anything here?
这课怎样? 你学了什么没有?
Why are you taking it again?
你为什么再学一遍呀?
A: Wow, you have a lot of questions! I learned a lot.
哇,你问的问题真多! 我学到了很多东西,
In fact, that's why I am taking it again.
实际上,这也是为什么 我又学一遍的原因。
I get lots of practice in speaking, and also in writing.
在这门课上,我有很多 练习会话和写作的机会 。
I'm sure you'll be glad you took this course.
我相信你也会喜欢这门 课的。
I'll even help you study if you'd like.
如果你愿意的话,我还 可以帮你。
B: That's just what I need. Thanks so much.
这正是我所要的。非常 感谢。
You've been a big help already.
你已经帮了我个大忙了 。
6. Tell Me About this Campus
告诉我一些这个学校的 事
A: Excuse me, I would like to know something about this campus.
对不起,打扰一下,我 想了解一些关于这个学 校的事。
Right now it seems very big and confusing!
现在我觉得它太大了, 把人搞糊涂了。
I have no idea where I am going or what I am doing.
我连去哪和做什么都搞 不清。
B: Do you have a map of the campus?
你有没有校区地图?
A: Yes, I have, but it doesn't help me very much.
有,不过也没多大用处 。
I'm not very good at reading maps.
我不怎么会看地图。
B: Do you know where your classes are?
你知不知道你的教室在 哪里?
A: More or less. I go to three different buildings,
多少知道一点。我要到 三栋不同的大楼上课,
and always get there late. I feel so hopeless.
老是迟到,真是没没希 望。
I don't know why I am late all the time. No one else seems to be.
我也不知道为什么总是 迟到,别人怎么就不迟 到。
B: That's because you don't know the short cuts.
那是因为你不会抄小路 。
You'll learn them after a while. I can show you the ropes.
不久以后你就会知道了 。我可以告诉你这窍门 。
7.I'm Afraid To Speak English
我怕说英语
A: Can I ask you a question?
我能问你个问题吗?
B: Sure, go ahead.
当然了,问吧。
A: How do you get along with the American students in your classes?
你跟班上的美国同学相 处得怎样?
B: I don't have much contact with them.
没什么来往。
A: Really? Why not? Don't you go up and talk to them?
真的? 为什么?你不跟他们攀 谈吗?
B: No, I don't. I'm too afraid of making mistakes in English.
不,我怕说错,
I don't want to be laughed at.
怕别人笑话我。
A: You wo

n't get anywhere that way.
你这样子不行。
You're the one who needs to practice English,
是你需要练习英语,
so you should make the first move.
所以你要主动地找别人 讲话。
Besides, most American students are really friendly and outgoing.
再说,大多数美国同学 都很友好而且很外向,
They will be glad to talk to you.
他们会很乐意跟你说英 语的。
B: Thanks for the advice. I guess you're right.
谢谢你的建议。我想你 说得对。
It's just hard to overcome my shyness.
我就是克服不了胆怯。
I really will try from now on. I promise.
从现在起我一定要试着 开口,我保证。
8.What Does The Paper Say
报上说些什么
A: Good morning.
早上好。
B: Good morning.
早上好。
A: What does the paper say?
报上说些什么?
B: Nothing much-the same old stuff. A lot of bad news as usual.
没什么------还不是老 一套,坏消息连篇。
A: Well, what's the weather report?
天气预报说什么?
B: Sunny and mild today, cloudy and rainy tomorrow.
今天晴朗温和,明天多 云有雨。
A: Did they find those bank robbers?
抢银行的歹徒找到没有 ?
B: Not yet. They were holding two men in Ohio,
还没有。他们在俄亥俄 州抓到两个人,
but they let them go. They weren't the criminals after all.
可是又放走了。他们毕 竟不是罪犯。
A: What about the sports page?
体育版说了些什么?
What were the scores of last night's games?
昨天晚上的比赛结果是 什么?
B: Here's the paper; you can read them yourself.
给你报纸,自己看。
9.I Worry about Everything
我无事不愁
A: I really want to take a nap. I feel very sleepy today.
真想睡一下,我今天觉 得好困。
B: What's the matter? Didn't you get enough sleep last night?
怎么了? 你昨天晚上没睡好吗?
A: I fell asleep very late.
我很晚才睡着。
It was almost two o'clock in the morning when I finally fell asleep.
那时都快两点了。
B: Are you worried about something? Why couldn't you sleep?
你在发愁吧? 为什么睡不着觉呢?
A: You know how it is when you're in a strange country.
你知道身在异乡的滋味 。
Everything is new, and you get tired and nervous sometimes.
凡事都不习惯,有时把 人搞得既疲倦又紧张。
Then you worry about your family, about conditions back home,
担心家里的人,担心国 内的情况,
about your courses, about your money, about everything.
担心自己的功课,担心 钱,总之,无事不愁。
I tried to fall asleep but I just had too much on my mind.
我想睡觉,但脑子里装 的事太多了。
B: Well, take it easy. Things will look better tomorrow.
唉,想开一点。明天就 好了。
Maybe you should try exercising or a hot bath to help you relax.
你试着做点锻炼或是洗 个热水澡,或许能有助 睡眠。
A: Anything is worth a try.
任何办法都值得一试。


But right now I really just want to find a quiet place to take a nap.
但是现在我真得找个安 静的地方去小睡一会儿 。
10. All Americans Look Alike
美国人长得都一个样
A: I really think all Americans look alike.
我真的觉得美国人长得 都一个样。
B: You're crazy! You haven't been here long enough.
你瞎说!你在美国住的 时间还不长吧。
A: But they do.
他们长得确实是一个样 啊。
B: What makes you say that?
何以见得?
A: They wear the same clothes, they're all blond,
他们穿一样的衣服,都 是金发碧眼;
they all drive cars, they all own Parker fountain pens;
都开着车子;都有派克 钢笔;
they all drink Coca Cola, and they all chew gum.
都喝可口可乐,而且都 嚼口香糖。
B: I disagree with you. They don't all wear the same clothes;
我不同意你的看法。他 们并不都穿一样的衣服 ;
they're definitely not all blond;
也不全是金发碧眼;
they don't all own Parker fountain pens;
不是每个人都有派克钢 笔;
they don't all drink Coca Cola, and they don't all chew gum.
也不全喝可口可乐,更 不都嚼口香糖,
I do think they all drive cars though!
而且也不是所有的人都 开车!
But that doesn't have anything to do with how they look!
但这和他们的长相也没 关呀!
A:Maybe I am just homesick. I know you're right.
可能是我想家吧。我知 道你是对的。
I just miss China, that's all.
只是因为我想家,想中 国。
11.I Never Know When to Shake Hands
我该什么时候握手
A: I have a real problem when I meet people.
我在和人会面的时候有 个问题。
B: What is it? Maybe I can help.
什么疑问?或许我能帮 你。
A: I never know when to shake hands and when not to.
我不知道该在什么时候 握手,什么时候不握手 。
Can you tell me something about it?
你能不能告诉我有关这 方面的事?
B: Do you come from a country where they shake hands?
你们国家的人握手吗?
A: Oh yes. Men, women, and children shake hands all the time.
握呀。男人、女人、小 孩、时时刻刻都在握手 。
B: It's very simple. Men shake hands, women and children don't.
那很简单。男人握手, 女人和小孩不握。
A: But some women do shake hands.
可是有些女人也握手呀 。
And now a lot of children have such good manners,
而且现在很多有礼貌的 孩子
they shake hands too.
也握手。
B: Well, a good rule to follow is,
你就遵循这条原则:
for men you hold out your hand, for women and children,
对男人你先伸手,
you wait and see what they do.
对女人和孩子就看他们 怎么做。
A: That sounds easy enough.
这听上去再简单不过了 。
B: Sure. Once you get the hang of it, it's a piece of cake!
可不是嘛。你一旦掌握 了窍门,那就成了小菜 一碟!
It's nothing to worry about.
没什么可担心的。
12.

Have You Got a Scholarship
你有奖学金吗
A: Do you mind if I ask you a question?
我想问个问题你介意吗 ?
If it's too personal you can forget it.
如果涉及到隐私那就不 用回答。
B: I don't mind at all. You can ask me anything. We're friends.
一点也不介意。你可以 问任何问题。我们是朋 友嘛。
A: Have you got a scholarship, or are you on your own?
你有奖学金还是自费?
B: I have a scholarship from my government for four years.
我们政府给我四年奖学 金,
How about you?
你呢?
A: I have a tuition scholarship from the university.
学校只让我免缴学费,
Otherwise I'm on my own.
其余还是自掏腰包。
B: Do you mean that you're self-supporting?
这么说你是自己维持了 ?
I didn't even know you had a job!
我都不知道你还有份工 作!
A: Oh no. My family supports me.
喔,不是。我靠我家里 。
And believe me,
说真的,
changing foreign money into dollars is heart breaking.
用外币换美元真是件伤 感情的事,
You seem to get so little in return.
一换就没多少钱了。
B: Yeah, I really know the feeling.
是呀,这种感觉我太清 楚了。
I can't wait to graduate so I can get a good job
我恨不得马上毕业找个 好工作,
and earn my own money.
那我就可以花自己的钱 了。
13.How Do You Improve Your English
你怎样提高英语
A: Do you mind if I ask you a question?
我问你个问题你介意吗 ?
B: No, not at all. Go ahead.
不介意。问吧。
A: What do you do in order to improve your English?
你怎样提高你的英语?
B: I go to movies; I go to lectures; I listen to the radio;
我看电影,听演讲,听 广播,
I do lots of things. Most importantly, I practice every chance I get.
方法很多。最重要的是 ,我抓住每一个可以练 英语的机会。
A: It's a good idea to have a radio, isn't it?
有收音机倒是学英语的 好办法,对不对?
B: Sure. It's like understanding on the telephone--
对。就好像是接电话一 样,
you can't see the speaker!
你看不到对方!
It's great for improving listening comprehension.
这对提高听力很有帮助 。
A: It takes a long time to learn a language, doesn't it?
学语言要很长的时间, 对不对?
B: It certainly does.
当然是了。
But if you practice speaking every spare minute
但如果你每天都利用零 碎时间苦练说,
and learn useful sentences every day you can make big progress.
而且说实用的句子,那 你会进步很快。
14.What Words Do I Need to Know
我该了解些什么
A: I was wondering if you could help me with something.
我想知道你可不可以帮 我个忙。
B: Sure, anything you say.
说吧。
A: Actually, it's a little bit silly.
实际上,这个问题有点 可笑。
B: Don't worry about it, just ask.
别担心,说吧。
A: What words do I need to know to buy a pair of shoes?
我买

双鞋子该说些什么 ?
B: You need to know the type of shoe you want.
你只要知道你要的式样 就行了。
A: Don't worry about that. I can point it out in the store.
这个不用担心,我在店 里可以指给他们看。
B: The shoes can be comfortable or not comfortable,
鞋子可能会舒服或不舒 服;
too wide, too narrow, or just right; and long or short.
可能会太大、太小,或 正好合脚;也可能会长 或短。
In girls shoes, the heel can be high or low.
女鞋的跟也许会高或矮 。
A: Let me write all that down. I'm going shopping this afternoon.
我把这些话写下来好了 ,我今天下午就去买。
15.Are Americans Romantic?
美国人浪漫吗?
A: You know, I really don't think Americans are very romantic.
我认为美国人并不很浪 漫。
B: Where did you get that idea?
你怎么会有这种想法?
A: That's the impression I get from the movies,
我是从看电影和对周围 事物的观察
and from looking around.
而得到这个结论的。
Men and women seem very businesslike
男女间的关系
in their relations with each other.
似乎很实际。
B: Well, I'm still not sure what you're asking me.
我还是不太明白你说的 是什么。
A: Is it true or isn't it?
你说是对还是不对呢?
B: Do you want to know something about the American character?
你想不想了解一下美国 人的性格?
A: I just think you're trying to change the subject. But go ahead.
我看你是想改变话题吧 。好了,说吧。
B: No, this will help answer your question.
不,这有助于回答你的 问题。
In American society boys and girls are raised together.
在美国社会里,男孩和 女孩是在一起长大的。
They're not segregated in their activities!
他们在活动中,并不加 以隔离。
Boys and girls go out together from an early age.
美国的男孩和女孩从小 就可以一块出去玩。
A: OK, go on.
是,继续说。
B: After being raised together,
等到他们一起长大成人 后,
men and women can be businesslike in each other's company.
男女之间在工作中的关 系就会处理得条理分明 ,
It really doesn't have anything to do with the way
但这和他们在恋爱中的 表现
a man and woman behave toward each other when they are in love.
是没有一点关系的。
Does that answer your question?
这个答案你满意了吧?
A: Not exactly, but I see your point.
还好。不过我明白你的 意思。
B: I think Americans are pretty romantic
我觉得美国人恋爱起来 挺浪漫的,
when they are in a relationship
甚至在办公室
and a lot of flirting goes on in every office.
也有很多调情的场面。
After you've been in America for a while,
等你在美国呆久了,
you will probably see what I mean.
就会明白我的意思了。
16. We're Starting A Soccer Team
我们要组织一个足球队
A: Hi Jim. Do you have a minute?
嗨,吉姆。

你有空吗?
B: Sure, what's up?
有,什么事?
A: Some of us are going to start a soccer team.
我们几个要组织一个足 球队,
Would you like to join us?
你要不要参加?
B: I don't know anything about it.
我对足球一窍不通。
Soccer isn't as popular in my country as it is here.
我们国家跟这不一样, 不兴踢足球。
A: That's all right. We'll teach you.
没关系,我们会教你的 。
B: Is it anything like American football?
足球跟橄榄球一样吗?
A: Not very much. It's something like hockey,
不大一样。足球有点像 曲棍球,
except that you use a big ball and no stick.
不过足球是用大球,而 且没有球棍。
B: I'll come down and watch you play some day,
回头我去看你们踢球,
and see what it's like.
看看究竟是什么样子。
A: Good idea. I think you'll like it if you give it a chance.
好。我相信你一试就会 喜欢上它的。
17.How Do I Get to the Bank
去银行怎么走
A: Pardon me, Ma'am.
对不起,太太,
Can you tell me how to get to the Business Bank?
您能不能告诉我到商业 银行怎么走?
B: Sure. Turn right at the next corner,
当然可以。下个拐角右 转,
and keep on going for two blocks.
再走两个街区就到了。
A: Which side of the street is it on?
银行在街的哪一边?
B: The left-hand side. It's on a corner. Are you a stranger in town?
在左手边的拐角上。你 对本地不熟吗?
A: I'm a stranger in this country. I just arrived from China.
我对这个国家很陌生, 我刚从中国来。
B: My God! You are far from home!
天哪!你真是远道而来 。
18.How Often Do the Buses Run
公共汽车多久一班
A: Excuse me, could you answer a few questions for me?
对不起,打扰一下,你 能回答我几个问题吗?
B: Sure.
可以。
A: How often do the buses run?
公共汽车多久一班?
B: They come by every fifteen or twenty minutes.
每十五或二十分钟一班 。
A: How late do they run?
开到多晚?
B: Till around midnight, I think.
我想半夜才收班。
A: How much is the fare?
一张票多少钱?
B: A dollar.
一美元。
A: OK, thanks, you've really been a big help.
好的,谢谢。你帮了我 大忙。
I'm sorry to bother you.
很抱歉打扰你。
19.I'm Just Feeling Homesick
我只是有点想家
A: Hi, John. What's up?
嗨,约翰,最近好吗?
B: Hi. Not much. I'm just miserable as usual.
嗨,不怎么样。跟以前 一样难过。
A: What's the matter with you? Don't you feel well?
你怎么了?不舒服吗?
B: I feel terrible. I can't get used to the food;
我感觉糟透了。我吃不 惯这里的食物,
I can't get along with the people here.
跟这的人也相处不好。
I don't like these customs--I wish I were back home.
我不喜欢这里的风俗习 惯??真想马上回家。
A: Do you eat everything back home?
你在国内是不是想吃什 么就吃什

么?
Have you got lots of friends in your country?
是不是有很多朋友?
B: What are you trying to say?
你在说什么呀?
A: That maybe you have some of these same feelings back home.
也许你在国内也会有同 样的感受,
They just seem stronger now because you're in a strange place.
只不过你现在在一个陌 生的地方,这种感觉就 更强烈。
Have you thought about it?
你想过这个问题吗?
B: No, I guess I feel this way at home sometimes too.
是啊,我在家有时也有 这种感受。
A: Maybe you're just in a bad mood. Don't worry. It will pass.
也许你只是心情不好。 别担心,一切都会过去 的。
B: I hope so.
但愿如此。
A: Why don't you do something you enjoy
你为什么不做点你喜欢 的事
to take your mind off your troubles?
来缓解一下烦恼呢?
B: Thanks for the advice. I'm just feeling homesick I guess.
谢谢你的建议。我只是 有点想家了。
20. America Is So Different from China
美国跟中国差别太大了
A: Hi, Jim, how are you doing?
嗨,吉姆,你好吗?
B: Not too bad. It's hard getting used to so many things.
还行。一下子适应这么 多新东西是件不容易的 事。
America is so different from China.
美国跟中国差别太大了 。
A: How do American students compare with students in your country?
美国学生和你们国家的 学生相比怎样?
B: Our students are more serious. Much more serious.
我们国家的学生比较认 真。远远比美国学生认 真。
A: What outside interest do they have?
他们有些什么课外兴趣 呢?
B: Some students are interested in music, sports or relationships,
有的喜欢音乐、体育或 交友,
but there really isn't much time to pursue outside interests.
但他们追求课外兴趣的 时间却很少。
A: Wow! That is different from America.
哇!那跟美国不一样。
B: It's just one difference.
这只是一点差别。
A: Well, I'm sure having extra free time
我想你肯定不太难
shouldn't be too tough to get used to.
适应拥有这么多的业余 时间。
B: No, it will be great.
是啊,这样才好。
I am already thinking about all the great things I can do.
我已经想了很多可以做 的事了。
A: Just don't get carried away and forget all about your studies.
只是别太离谱, 忘了功课。


PART 3:INTERMEDIATE DIALOGUES
中级对话
1.I Can't Believe My Eyes
我简直不能相信眼前的 事实
A: I can't believe my eyes!
我简直不能相信眼前的 事实!
B: Well, if it isn't Mike Li!
这不是迈克·李吗!
A: Jim Wang! It's nice to see you again! It's been a long time.
吉姆·王!见到你真是 太高兴了!好久不见了 。
B: You know, Mike, I've been meaning to call you for a long time.
迈克,你知道吗,很久 以来我一直想给你打电 话。
I'm so glad I ran into you today.
真高兴今天能遇到你。
A: Me, too. Ho

w have you been doing?
我也一样。你最近好吗 ?
B: Super. How about yourself?
很好。你呢?
A: Pretty good. I can't complain.
不错,没什么可抱怨的 。
B: So tell me, the last time I saw you,
快说来听听,我上一次 见到你的时候,
you were planning to go abroad to study, weren't you?
你正准备去出国留学呢 ,是不是?
A: Yes, I guess I was. But as it turned out, I changed my mind.
是,我想是的。但现在 有了变化,
I decided not to go after all.
我最终还是决定不去了 。
B: Oh, really? But if I remember correctly,
哦,是吗?如果我没记 错的话,
you were intent on going to California.
你当时是要去加利福尼 亚。
Whatever made you change your mind?
是什么使你改变主意的 ?
I thought you were accepted to Stanford.
我记得你是被斯坦福大 学录取了。
A: Well, it's a long story,
说来话长。
and I don't want to bore you with all the details.
那些细节我就不赘述了 。
But what it boils down to is that
最后的结果是,
I decided that going to Stanford wasn't a very good idea.
我觉得去斯坦福读书不 太明智。
I decided to go to Beijing University instead.
我打算去北大。
I want to save my money and start my own business after graduation.
这样,把钱省下来,毕 业后可以自己开一家公 司。
B: Really? That's very interesting.
是吗?那很有趣嘛。
A: And how about you? The last time we talked,
你怎么样?上次我们聊 的时候,
didn't you tell me you were going to open
你不是说要
your own restaurant and hotel?
自己开个酒店吗?
B: That's right. I was.
对呀,是有这么回事。
But things turned out differently than I expected.
但结果却和我预想的大 不相同。
A: But you seemed so determined to do that. What happened?
可是你当时是决心很大 的,发生了什么事呢?
B: Well, it's very complicated,
说来复杂。
and I'm sure you don't want to know all the details.
我知道你不愿意听详细 的个中原由。
But as it turned out,
但结果却是,
I decided that opening my restaurant just wasn't for me.
我觉得自己开饭店并不 适合我,
So I decided to stay at my old job instead.
所以就决定留在原来的 工作岗位。
A: Well, a lot sure has happened since we last saw each other.
是啊,从上次见面以来 ,真是发生了很多事。
B: You can say that again! You know, we should try to stay in touch.
你说得对!我们应该尽 量保持联系。
A: Yes, we should. Let's have lunch together sometime soon.
的确应该如此。我们最 近找时间吃个午饭吧。
B: That's a good idea. I'll call you.
这主意不错。我到时候 给你打电话。
A: OK. Take care now.
好吧。多保重。
B: You, too.
你也是。
2. You Worry Too Much
你想的太多了
A: Hi, Jim.
你好,吉姆。
B: What's wrong? You look upset about so

mething.
怎么回事?你看上去有 点不安。
A: You know …
你知道,
I'm getting a little worried about our English teacher.
我有点担心我们的英语 老师。
She should have shown up for class by now.
她现在该到了。
It's not like her to be late.
迟到可不是她的作风。
B: I wouldn't be concerned. She must have gotten stuck in traffic.
我不担心。她肯定是遇 上塞车了,
Traffic has been terrible lately.
最近交通不太顺畅。
A: I don't know. She might have … but then again, I'm not so sure.
我也说不清楚。她可能 ……我也不知道。
I'm afraid something must have happened.
我担心发生了什么事。
I just have a bad feeling that she's in trouble.
我有一种预感,她遇到 麻烦了。
B: Oh, come on now. Don't jump to conclusions.
噢,别瞎想了。不要妄 下结论。
I'm positive she'll show up for class soon. You worry too much.
她很快就会来上课的。 你想的太多了。
A: I can't help it. It's just my nature.
我就是忍不住,这是我 的天性。
B: Look, there's Dr. Lee now. See, I told you not to worry.
看,那不是李教授吗。 我告诉过你不要担心嘛 。
A: I'm so relieved! I guess you're right.
这我就放心了。我想你 是对的。
I need to relax and not worry so much.
我应该放松点,不要那 么紧张兮兮。
3. Thanks for Filling Me In
谢谢你让我知道
A: This seat taken?
这儿有人坐吗?
B: No, go ahead, be my guest. I haven't seen you before.
没人,坐吧,请随便。 我从没见过你。
Are you new in engineering?
你是工程系新来的吧?
A: Yeah, I just switched my major from computer science--
对。我刚换了专业,学 计算机
too much math!
专业要学太多的数学!
I couldn't take the pressure.
我受不了那压力。
B: Well, don't expect it to be any better here!
工程系也好不到哪儿去 !
What's your name, anyway?
哦,你叫什么名字?
A: Sam. What's yours?
山姆。你呢?
B: Ben Jones, but everybody calls me "BJ".
本·琼斯,但人们都叫 我BJ。
A: BJ, huh? Well, I'm not going to tell you what my nickname is!
BJ,对吧?我不会告诉 你我的外号的!
Oh, here comes the professor. What's his name, anyway?
哦,教授来了!他叫什 么来着?
Scarey, or something like that?
"斯凯瑞"?还是什么?
B: James Kerry. But we call him "Big Jim" because he's so short.
詹姆斯·凯瑞。但是我 们都叫他"大吉姆",因 为他太矮了。
A: To his face?
当着他的面叫他?
B: No. Are you kidding? He has a bad temper.
不。谁敢呀?他脾气很 坏的。
I know he wouldn't think it was funny.
他才不会觉得这有趣呢 。
I think it's really funny. He is a little guy.
我觉得实在好笑。他个 子不高,
He's not a bad teacher though.
但是个不错的老师。
A: Well, that's good to know. Thanks for filling me in.
谢谢你让

我知道这些, 这对我很有用。
B: Anytime.
别客气。
4.I Can't Help You Out
我帮不上你的忙
A: Hello.
您好。
B: Hello, Tom. This is Don. How are you?
你好,汤姆。我是丹。 你怎么样?
A: Oh, hi, Don. Just great. How have you been?
哦,你好,丹。我很好 。你呢?
B: Fine. Listen, Jerry and I wanted to go to a movie tomorrow night,
很好。我和杰瑞准备明 天晚上去看电影,
but we don't have a way to get there.
但是没有车,
If you drive, we'll buy the tickets, How about it?
如果你能开车带我们去 ,你的电影票我们包了 ,这个主意怎么样?
A: Well, it sounds like fun,
好像是不错,
but actually I've really got a lot of homework to do.
但是我有好多作业要做 。
B: Oh, come on, Tom. It'll be fun. It's only a few hours.
哦,别这样,汤姆。我 们会很开心的,就那么 几个小时,
It'll help you relax. You'll study better!
你也正好放松一下。这 会帮你更好地学习。
A: I really can't.
我真的不能去。
I've got an English exam on Monday and a book report due on Tuesday
我星期一有个英语考试 ,星期二要交一篇读书 报告,
that I'm really getting nervous about.
这使我很紧张。
I don't think I'd enjoy it much.
我看电影也看不到心上 。
But thanks a lot for thinking of me. Sorry I can't help you out.
但是谢谢你们还想着我 。抱歉我实在是帮不了 这个忙。
B: Oh, don't worry about it. Maybe next time.
那好,没关系。下次吧 。
Good luck on your exam. We'll be thinking of you!
祝你考试顺利。我们会 想着你的!
A: Thanks. See you.
谢谢。再见。
B: Ok, Bye.
好的,再见。
5.Thank You Very Much for Inviting Us
谢谢你的盛情邀请
A: Excuse me, Kim? It's getting late,
对不起,金姆,时间不 早了,
so I'm afraid we'll have to be leaving.
我想我们该走了。
B: Oh, so early? It seems like you just got here!
哦,这么快就走啊?你 们好像才来呀!
A: Well, I've got to get up
我明天早上
and drive to the airport for an eight o'clock plane tomorrow.
要开车去机场赶8点钟 的飞机。
We've really had a wonderful time, Kim.
我们今晚在这里玩得很 开心,金姆。
Thank you very much for inviting us.
谢谢你的盛情邀请。
B: Say, Sara,
喂,莎拉,
why don't we meet downtown for lunch some day next week?
我们何不下周找个时间 在城里一起吃顿午饭?
We could talk more then.
那时我们可以多聊一聊 。
A: I'd love to!
好啊!
B: I've heard the Hilton has delicious seafood.
我听说希尔顿的海鲜不 错。
A: Oh! That sounds wonderful. I love seafood.
噢!太好了,我喜欢吃 海鲜。
B: I'll give you a call later on and we can decide the time.
我回头给你电话再确定 时间。
A: Well, it's been a fantastic evening. Again, thank you very much.
好的,我们今晚过

得很 愉快。再次感谢你。
B: It was my pleasure having you.
你的到来是我的荣幸。
A: I'll look forward to your phone call.
我会等你电话的。
B: Thanks again. Good night.
再次感谢。晚安。
A: Good night.
晚安。
6.Why Are You Mad at Me
你为什么生我的气
A: Hi, What's new?
嗨,最近怎么样?
B: Nothing.
没事。
A: What's your problem? Why are you mad at me?
你这是怎么了?你为什 么跟我生气?
B: What did you have to go and do that for?
你为什么要那样做呢?
A: Do what?
做什么?
B: You know what I'm talking about.
你知道我在说什么。
Why did you go tell Mrs. Lee how much money I'm going to make?
你为什么要到李小姐那 去说我要挣多少钱?
Now she'll go and tell the whole world!
全世界的人都会知道了 !
A: Well, I'm sorry. I didn't think it mattered.
噢,对不起。我以为这 不要紧的。
B: It does matter.
怎么会不要紧!
You know how she talks to everybody and their brother!
你是知道她的,她会告 诉所有的人和他们的兄 弟!
Now the whole town will be asking me for money!
现在全城的人都要向我 借钱了!
A: Well, I apologize.
我向你道歉。
I guess I wasn't thinking. I got all excited.
我当时没想到这个。我 只顾高兴了。
B: Oh well, it's done now.
那好吧,反正事情已经 发生了。
I guess it doesn't matter than much, anyway.
我想这毕竟也没什么大 不了。
They were bound to find out eventually.
大家最终也会知道的。
Everybody in this town's always interested in gossip.
这个镇上所有的人都喜 欢扯闲话。
A: You know, it is a lot of money for a first job…
你想,你的第一个工作 就挣这么多钱也的确… …
B: You think I'll be able to buy a BMW?
你以为我能买一辆宝马 车吗?
A: Well, I think you'd better wait and see
不过,你最好还是看看 等
how much is left after Uncle Sam gets his share!
纳完税之后还有多少剩 余吧!
A: Actually everybody is really impressed.
其实所有的人都很羡慕 呢。
B: I guess it's not a big deal after all.
我觉得这也没什么大不 了的。
A: Any way, I am really sorry.
不管怎样,我感到实在 是不好意思。
Next time I'll think before I speak.
下次说话一定注意。
7.I Can't Wait to Go
我等不及要去
A: Hi, Kim. Long time no see.
嗨,金姆,好久不见了 。
B: I know. I just got back from Tokyo.
是啊。我刚从东京回来 。
A: I know you travel a lot.
我知道你经常去旅行。
I wonder have you by any chance ever been to Beijing?
我想知道你有没有机会 去过北京?
B: Yes, I have. Actually, I used to live there. Why?
去过。我以前还在那里 住过呢。为什么问这个 ?
A: I'm going there with my family for a vacation next month.
我下个月要和家人到那 里度假。
Can you tell me what it's like there?

能不能告诉我那里怎 么样?
B: Well-uh... it's a very exciting place.
这个嘛,那是个激动人 心的地方。
As a matter of fact,
实际上,
it's probably one of the most exciting places I know.
那可能是我所知道的最 令人向往的地方了。
A: How about the weather… and the people?
那里天气怎样……人怎 么样?
B: The weather at this time of year is usually cool,
那里现在的天气通常会 很凉爽,
and in my opinion, the people there are very friendly.
我认为,那里的人很友 好。
A: It sounds like a wonderful place.
这么说那是个非常棒的 地方。
B: It is. I'm sure you'll have a good time there.
确实是。你在那里肯定 会度过一段美好的时光 。
A: I can't wait to go.
我都等不及了。
B: Be sure to send me a postcard and take lots of pictures.
别忘了给我寄张明信片 来,多拍一些照片。
8.Are You Enjoying Your Stay Here
你喜欢呆在这里吗
A: Thank you for taking the time to be interviewed.
谢谢你抽时间来面试。
Is this your first visit to America?
这是你第一次来美国吗 ?
B: No, this is my second visit.
不,这是第二次。
I first came to America in July 1999.
我第一次来是在1999年 7月。
That time I was here on vacation--just sightseeing,
那次只是观光旅游,
but during that trip I decided that
但是在旅游的过程中
I would come to the United States and study English.
我下定决心一定要来美 国学习英语。
A: How long will you be here for this time?
你这次来要呆多久?
B: I arrived in January and I'll stay until December, 2002.
我今年1月份来的,将 于2002年12月离开。
A: Are you enjoying your stay here?
你喜欢呆在这里吗?
B: Yes and no.
喜欢也不喜欢。
Some things are much better than I expected
有些事情比我想象中的 要好,
but other things are not so good.
但有些却不尽人意。
I enjoy my lessons very much
我很喜欢所上的课程,
but I sometimes find it difficult to practice my oral English.
但是有时候说英语有困 难。
American people are very kind
美国人很友好,
but it seems they don't have time to talk with people from abroad.
但是看来他们没有时间 和一个外国人讲英语。
A: Are you learning English for any particular reason?
你学英语有没有什么特 别的原因?
B: Yes. At home in China I work in advertising
有。在中国我是做广告 的,
and many of the words we use are English,
有很多情况下要用到英 语,
so I want to understand English better because that will help my job.
所以我想提高英语水平 ,把工作做得更好。
A: Did you learn English at home in China
你来这里之前
before you came to study English here?
在中国学过英语吗?
B: Sure. When I was a student in China
学过。我在中国上学的 时候
I studied English for six years.
学了6年英

相关主题
文本预览
相关文档 最新文档