当前位置:文档之家› 马利和我 英文台词剧本解析

马利和我 英文台词剧本解析

马利和我 英文台词剧本解析.txt永远像孩子一样好奇,像年轻人一样改变,像中年人一样耐心,像老年人一样睿智。我的腰闪了,惹祸的不是青春,而是压力。。。。。。当女人不再痴缠,不再耍赖,不再喜怒无常,也就不再爱了。看电影学英语 Marley And Me 《马利和我》



-John: You know, there's nothing like the experience,
experience: 经历,经验
你知道吗,第一次养狗,
of raising your first dog.
raise: 抚养
是无与伦比的经历。
Simple joy of walking side by side,
joy: 快乐 side by side: 肩并肩,一起
在野外和你的小兄弟,
with your buddy out in the fresh air,
in the fresh air: 在户外,在野外
一起散步,
throwing a stick.
stick: 木棒
扔扔小木棒让它捡,
Spending some quiet time just you and your very best friend.
跟你的死党安静的打发时间,都是纯粹的快乐。
Of course, that wasn't my experience.
当然,这不是我的经历,
That kid's not even me.
这个孩子也不是我。
That's me, and that crazy hound I'm chasing is Marley,
hound: 猎犬 chase: 追赶
这才是我,我追着的那只疯狗就是Marley。
the world's worst dog.
世上最糟糕的狗。
Sorry!
抱歉!
Or so I thought.
至少我是这么想的。
Marley!
Marley!
But our story begins before Marley was born
但我们的故事在Marley出生四年前就开始了。
Four years before, on my wedding day,
四年前,我婚礼的那天,
which also happened to be,
happen to be: 碰巧是
也碰巧是,
the day of the worst freak spring blizzard in the history of southern Michigan.
freak: 怪异的,奇异的 blizzard: 暴风雪
春季暴风雪最严重的那一天,在southern Michigan史上。
Same day our car broke down. We didn't care.
break down: 汽车抛锚
那天我们的车抛了锚,我们倒是不在意。
-Jenny: Ooh. God, that feels so good.
噢,天哪!感觉太棒了。
Wow. So, what do you think…
哇!那你觉得,
What do you think that means…a blizzard on your wedding day?
blizzard: 暴风雪
我们新婚之际下这么厉害的暴风雪意味着什么?
Is that good luck? Is that bad luck?
是好运还是厄运?
I think I think it's good luck.
我觉得……我觉得是好运。
-John: How did I get you?
我是怎么娶到你的啊?
-Jenny: What?
什么?
-John: No, honestly. How did I how did I get that lucky?
honestly: 坦白地,诚实地
不是,我说真的,我怎么会这么幸运啊?
-Jenny: Well, you know,
呃,你知道么,
I get asked that question all the time.
这个问题我经常被问到。
Come on.
得了吧!
Are you kidding, honey?
你是在开玩笑吧,亲爱的?
You're part of the plan.
你是我计划的一部分呀。
-John: The plan?
你的计划?
-Jenny: Mm-hmm. My plan. Step one:
是啊。我的计划第一步:
Meet an incredibly sweet, smar

t, sexy man.
incredibly: 难以置信地 smart: 聪明的
遇上一个超级会疼人的聪明的性感的男人。
-John: Done. Step two?
完成了。第二步呢?
-Jenny: Marry you instead.
instead: 代替,反而
没有嫁给那个人反而嫁给了你。
Oh, now, and step three…
step: 步骤
噢。现在,还有第三步……
You don't wanna hear step three?
wanna: =want to,想
你不想听第三步是什么吗?
-John: No, I don't think I can take any more steps.
take: 遭受,承受
我觉得我承受不住下面的步骤了。
Yeah. What's step three?
好吧,第三步是什么?
-Jenny: It's easy.
很简单。
-John: Be gentle.
gentle: 温柔的,温和的
仁慈点吧。
-Jenny: Move someplace warmer.
搬到暖和点的地方去。
-John: I knew you were gonna say that.
gonna: =going to,将要
我就知道你要说这个的。

“Shiny, happy people laughing”
“快乐的人们灿烂的笑”
“Meet me in the crowd”
“在人群里找到我”
“People, people”
“人们啊人们”
“Throw your love around”
“慷慨献出你的爱”
“Love me, love me”
“爱我爱我”
“Take it into town”
“把爱带进小镇”
“Happy, happy”
“快乐快乐”
“Put it in the ground”
“把爱埋进土壤”
“Where the flowers grow”
“就在鲜花绽放的地方”
“Gold and silver shine”
“闪着出金银的光芒”
“Shiny, happy people holding hands”
“闪亮着,快乐的人们手牵手”
“Shiny, happy people”
“闪亮着,快乐的人们”

-John: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Jenny: All right.
不客气。
You know you got this, right?
你知道这工作已经是囊中之物了,对吧?
-John: Oh, yeah. I got it.
是啊,我能搞定的。
-Jenny: Who are you?
你是谁?
-John: I'm John Grogan?
我是John Grogan啊。
-Jenny: No, you're John Frigging Grogan,
不,你是John Frigging Grogan,
who's about to get a job as a reporter...
reporter: 记者
你马上就要成为这家
for a major metropolitan newspaper.
major: 主要的 metropolitan: 大都市的
都市主流报社的新记者了。
-John: Good. Good.
好啦。
But now I don't feel like getting out of the car.
feel like: 想要 get out of: 下车
现在我都不想下车了。
-Jenny: You have to.
你必须下车。
No, baby.
不行宝贝。
-John: Maybe we'll just drive around the block.
block: 街区
也许我们可以在这周围再兜兜风。
-Jenny: Come on, get out of the car. Get out.
得了吧,下车,下车。
-John: Now, who am I again?
好吧,再说一遍。我是谁?
-Jenny: Oh, please.
你算了吧。
-Arnie: Sebastian says you won some kind of award.
award: 奖品,奖项
Sebastian说你得过一个什么奖项。
-John: Mitchie. I have a Mitchie.
Mitchie。我得过Mitchie。
It's like a Pulitzer, but from western Michigan.
Pulitzer: 美国新闻界的最高荣誉奖
就像

是western Michigan范围内的Pulitzer奖。
-Arnie: A Mitchie.
Mitchie。
So, tell me-What made you leave the estimable...
estimable: 可估量的,可尊敬的
那么告诉我你为什么要离开那家出名的,
Kalamazoo Gazette?
Kalamazoo Gazette公报?
-John: Well, as you know, Sebastian and I were in college together...
呃,Sebastian和我是大学同学,
And he was,
而且,他,他……
He was always saying how great south Florida is...
他一直说south Florida很棒很棒,
and that maybe my wife and I might enjoy it here,
说我和我妻子可能会喜欢这里,
so we decided to come down here.
come down: 下来,下落,从大城市到小地方
所以我们就搬来了。
-Arnie: Are you a comedian too?
comedian: 喜剧演员
你也是喜剧演员么?
-John: Excuse me?
什么?
-Arnie: Like your friend over here.
和你那朋友一样。
-John: No.
不是。
-Arnie: He's walking a very thin line.
他总是做事没头没脑。
It's a good thing he knows how to write.
幸好他笔头不错。
So your wife is Jenny Havens?
那么说,你妻子是Jenny Havens?
-John: Yes. Jenny Grogan. Because we're married. She took my name.
是的。现在她叫Jenny Grogan,婚后跟我姓。
-Arnie: She get the job at the Post?
她在邮报那里找到工作了?
-John: Yes, she did.
是啊。
-Arnie: Why didn't they want you over there?
邮报怎么不用你呢?
-John: Well, I didn't apply.
apply: 申请
我没申请那工作。
Jenny's more of a feature writer...
feature: 特写,专栏节目
Jenny更像个专栏作家,
and I'm more of a straight news writer.
straight: 直白的,正直的
但我更像个写严肃新闻的,
I thought this would be a better fit for that.
fit for: 适合
我觉得这里会更适合我。
-Arnie: You think you're better...
那你觉得你会比,
than the six journalism school graduates,
journalism: 新闻工作,新闻业 graduate: 毕业生
今天早上来面试的,
that came here looking for work this morning?
look for: 寻找
6个新闻专业毕业生更强吗?
-John: I don't know if I'm better. I…
我不知道我是不是比他们强。
What I do know is that I have a tendency to surprise myself.
tendency: 趋势,倾向
但我知道我总是有出乎自己意料的潜力。
Ten years ago I was doing bong hits and playing Donkey Kong.
bong: 如大钟等发出的声音
10年前我还在嗑药,玩Donkey Kong的时候,
I never dreamed I'd get into college, but I did...
get into: 达到,开始,参与
我从没想过我还能考上大学。但我考上了。
and I graduated with honors.
graduate: 毕业 honors: 优异,优秀
还以优异成绩毕业。
And I never thought I'd get a job at a real newspaper, but I did.
我从没想过我能在一家真正的报社找到工作,但我找到了。
And I certainly never thought I'd get a girl...
我当然也从没想过我能娶

到一个,
like Jenny Havens to marry me, but I did.
像Jenny Havens这样的女孩,但我也做到了。
-Jenny: So?
怎样?
-John: They've already got a guy on the metro desk.
metro: 主城区,市区的
他们的都市版已经有人了。
-Jenny: I'm sorry, honey.
很遗憾,亲爱的。
-John: Mmm. So they're putting me on a little thing...
嗯,所以他们让我去另一个叫,
they like to call Desert Storm.
叫Desert Storm的栏目。
-Jenny: You got the job?
你拿到这个工作了?
-John: I got the job.
我拿到这个工作了。
-Jenny: You got the job, baby! Ooh!
你找到工作了,亲爱的!噢!
John Grogan, I knew it!
John Grogan,我就知道的!
I just knew it! Okay, Look.
我就知道!来,你看。
Watch this. Look. See what happens?
happen: 发生
瞧瞧这个。
Job. Done.
找工作。搞定。
-John: Okay, so what's next? Lunch?
好吧。下一步是干什么?吃午饭?
-Jenny: House.
回家。
-John: House.
回家。
-Jenny: House.
回家。
-Radio reporter: … Planes that can transmit remote television pictures...
transmit: 传输,转送,传达 remote: 远程的
能远程传送Iraqi船艘和……
Of Iraqi ships and other targets.
target: 目标
和其他目标的图片的飞机。
-John: Did you get to the quote about the speed bumps yet?
quote: 引用,举证,例子 speed bump: 减速带
你看到那个减速带的新闻了么?
-Jenny: If they save even one life,
即使他们只营救了一个人,
-John: ... it would be worth it.
worth: 值得的
也是值得的。
And with that, Jan Dickerson's eyes filled with tears.
fill with: 充满
所以Jan Dickerson热泪盈眶。
-Jenny: Filled with tears.
热泪盈眶。
-John: You like that?
你喜欢吗?
Or is it too corny?
corny: 平淡无奇的,乡巴佬的
会不会太陈腔滥调?
-Jenny: Yeah. No.
不会啊。
-John: Is it a little over the top?
会不会太过了?
-Jenny: Hey, honey, what happened to the, uh the Desert Storm piece?
亲爱的,那篇有关Desert Storm的文章怎么样了?
-John: That's it. The injured girl's dead in Kuwait.
injured: 受伤的
没什么。那个受伤的女孩死在Kuwait了。
Is that not in there?
在文章里没提到么?
-Jenny: Uh-uh. I think they cut that.
没有。我想他们删掉了。
They spelled your name wrong.
spell: 拼写
而且写错了你的名字。
John Gorgon.
John Gorgon。
-John: You're kidding. Let me see that.
不是吧。让我看看。
-Jenny: Forget it.
算了,没事。
-John: Are you joking?
你在开玩笑么?
-Jenny: Forget it. You know what? It's good. It's really good.
没事。知道吗?我觉得这篇文章写的很好,真的。
It's got the facts. It's got color.
陈述了事实,润色了文章。
It's a really solid piece.
真的是一篇好文章。
-John: Thanks.
谢谢。
Well, I mean, I tried to breathe some life into

it, you know…
breathe: 吸收,吸进
我总让文章更加栩栩如生。你知道的。
-Jenny: Yes.
是啊。
-John: I like this article. I'm almost done with yours.
article: 文章
我喜欢这文章,我快看完你的文章了。
This idea of voting machines sounds really efficient.
vote: 投票,选举 efficient: 效率高的
你关于投票器的想法很有用呢。
-Jenny: Well, when you get to the next page, you'll see...
你翻到下一版你会看到……
that I talk about what could happen.
我在讨论可能发生的事情。
-John: Hey, it, okay. I see.
啊,我看到了。
It continues.
continue: 继续 .
未完待续。
-Jenny: Yeah
没错。
But actually, the rest of it...
actually: 实际上,事实上
不过剩下的那些……
is really just okay.
只不过一般般而已。
It's actually kind of boring.
还有点无聊。
-John: No, no. I-It's…
不,不会。
I'm enjoying this.
我很喜欢。
-Jenny: Mmm.
嗯。
-John: Wow. They really gave you a lot of space.
哇!他们给你很多版面呢。
-Jenny: Oh, damn. Killed another one.
该死的!又死了。
How am I ever supposed to take care of a kid,
如果我连一棵植物也养不活,
if I can't even keep a plant alive?
plant: 植物
我还怎么带孩子啊?
-Sebastian: Well, what'd you expect, man?
expect: 期望,期待
哥们,还有什么可想的?
You bought a house. A house with a spare room.
spare: 闲置的,空闲的
你买了房子,一个有空房间的房子。
-John: What's the matter with a spare room?
有空房间又怎么了?
-Sebastian: It's empty, John, that's what's wrong with it.
它是空的。这就是问题。
You know what else is empty?
你知道还有什么是空的吗?
Her womb.
womb: 子宫
她的子宫。
-John: I'm just worried that Jenny's at, like, step seven.
我就是担心Jenny在执行,她计划中的步骤七。
-Sebastian: What?
什么?
-John: She's got her whole life organized and planned out...
organized: 组织好的 plan out: 计划出
她把她的一生都计划好了,
according to these steps.
according to: 根据
还分了很多步骤。
-Sebastian: Okay, that's scary.
scary: 惊恐的,骇人的
哇,这还挺恐怖的。
Unbelievable. You want my advice? Get her, like, a bird.
unbelievable: 难以置信的 advice: 建议
不可想象。要我的建议吗?比如送她一只鸟。
Or a puppy or something.
或者是小狗什么的。
-John: A parakeet or something?
parakeet: 马尾鹦鹉
一只马尾鹦鹉?
-Sebastian: Something other than you that she has to take care of.
take care of: 照顾
让她照顾除了你之外的东西。
You got a kid, you're a dad. You're not you anymore.
如果你有孩子了。你就是父亲,而不是一个男人。
You got a dog, you're a master.
master: 主人,大师
如果有狗,你就是主人。
-John: Master.
主人。
-Joh

n: You're still a guy.
还是男人。
Still got a life.
还有你自己的生活。
-Sebastian: Exactly.
exactly: 完全地,恰好地,正是
没错。
-John: And a dog.
一只狗。
-Sebastian: Yeah, but you've stopped her clock for a few years.
这样,你就可以让她的计划停止几年。
-John: I've never had a dog.
我从来没有养过狗呢。
-Sebastian: There's nothing to it. You feed them.
feed: 喂养
那没什么,只要喂他就行了。
You walk them. You let them out every now and again.
带他去散步,让他每天出去玩。
But it doesn't really matter.
而且这些也没什么。
You're not the one that's gonna take care of it, Jenny is.
又不是你照顾他,而是Jenny。
-Arnie: Sebastian!
Sebastian!
-Sebastian: Yo.
是。
-Arnie: Your travel's been approved. Hit the road.
approve: 赞同,证实,批准
你的出差申请被批准了,出发吧!
-John: Where you going?
你要去哪儿?
-Sebastian: I'm going to Colombia.
准备去Colombia。
I got a guy down there says he can put me next to Pablo Escobar.
那有个人说他可以介绍Pablo Escobar给我。
I'm doing a piece…
我正在写一篇文章。
I follow a single coca leaf from the jungle,
single: 单独的 jungle: 丛林的,蛮荒的
从一片在垃圾堆里的古柯叶,
to the streets of Miami.
一直写到Miami的街道。
-John: That sounds like a good idea. You gotta be careful down there.
听起来不错。你过去那里要小心点。
-Arnie: Gorman!
Gorman。
-John: G-Grogan.
Grogan。
-Arnie: Groden. There's a fire in the county dump. Methane leak.
dump: 垃圾场,倾泻 methane: 甲烷,天然气 leak: 泄漏
Groden,县里发生了一场因天然气泄露引起的大火。
-John: Methane?
天然气?
-Arnie: Yeah. I want two paragraphs for the Blotter.
paragraph: 段落 blotter: 记事簿,记录
没错。我需要两段文字。
-John: Methane. Woodward and Bernstein, eat your heart out.
Woodward and Bernstein: 水门事件,美国政治丑闻
天然气。又不是水门事件,有什么好奇怪的。
What kind of dog?
那要哪种狗呢?
-Sebastian: You remember Caroline?
你记得Caroline吗?
-John: The nurse?
那个护士?
-Sebastian: She was a nursery school teacher. I don't know.
nursery: 托儿所
她是护士学校的老师。我也不知道。
Anyway, she had this great dog Daisy.
反正她有一只很好的狗叫Daisy。
It was a Labradoodle.
他是一只Labradoodle猎犬。
-John: Labradoodle? You mean a Labrador.
Labradoodle猎犬?你是在说Labrador吧。
-Sebastian: All right. Get her a Labrador.
对,给她一只Labrador猎犬吧。
Supposed to be just like kids, only easier to train.
train: 训练,培养
就跟小孩一样,只不过更听话点。
-John: Labradoodle? Come on.
Labradoodle?算了吧。
-Jenny: This does not smell like an IHOP.
这闻上去可不像是IHOP餐厅。


-John: I know. We got a little surprise first.
我知道。先来点惊喜。
Here we go. Now, I want you to walk right here, my dear.
来,亲爱的,走过来这里。
-Jenny: Okay.
好的。
-John: Come on.
来。
-Jenny: Oh, God. Okay.
天哪!好吧。
-Dog seller: You Grogan?
是Grogan么?
-John: Yes.
是的。
-Dog seller: Expected you an hour ago.
expect: 期待
等你一个小时了。
-John: You're gonna like this.
你会喜欢的。
Okay, step up. Sorry.
提起脚来。
-Dog seller: Sorry about the mess.
mess: 乱七八糟
我这里太乱了,真不好意思。
And the noise and the smell.
还有噪音和臭味。
-Jenny: What's happening?
我们在干什么?
Come on.
快点。
Can I look?
我可以看了么?
-John: No, no. Just-Almost. Almost.
不行。快了,快了。
Okay. Okay. Ready?
好了,准备好了么?
-Jenny: Really?
真的么?
-John: One, two, three. Go. Happy birthday.
1,2,3,来,生日快乐!
-Jenny: What?
什么?
God, they're adorable.
adorable: 可爱的
天哪,他们太可爱了!
Oh, my-my birthday's not for a month.
但是我的生日要一个月以后呢。
-Dog seller: That's okay. They can't leave for three weeks anyway.
那没关系,他们也要3个星期后才能离开。
-Jenny: We didn't discuss this.
discuss: 讨论
我们从来没有讨论过这事。
-John: I know, but it's a surprise. You can't.
是的,但是它是一个惊喜,哪能讨论呢。
-Jenny: Hi, guys.
嘿。
-Dog seller: Just adopted the mom last month.
adopt: 收养,领养
上个月才收养了他们的母亲。
Family that gave her up didn't even know she was pregnant.
pregnant: 怀孕的
抛弃他的家庭都不知道她已经怀孕了。
-Jenny: Are you sure we're ready for this?
你确定我们准备好了?
-Dog seller: Well, like I told you...
就像我之前说的,
you gotta wait three weeks for them to be weaned,
wean: 断奶
你还要等3个星期,
before you can bring them home.
才能带他们回家。
-Jenny: I'm not even gonna be here.
我那个时候都不会在家里。
-John: Why?
为什么?
-Jenny: I'll be in Gainesville, covering that trial.
cover: 报道 trail: 审讯,审判
我会在Gainesville调查审讯。
-John: Oh, that's right.
噢,是这样。
That's okay. It'll give me a chance to bond with him...
chance: 机会 bond with: 建立亲密关系
那也没事的。这样我和他也有机会建立感情。
and get a head start on training them.
还可以提早开始训练他。
-Jenny: That's true.
也行。
-John: Get them squared away before you get home.
square away: 规整,办妥
在你回家之前,让他摆好迎接的姿势。
-Jenny: That's true.
没错。
Well, how are we gonna pick one?
pick: 挑选
那我们怎么选呢?
-Dog seller: Girls are 300.
母狗是300元。
Boys are 275.
公狗是275元。
Except for th

at little guy there. Him you could have for 200 even.
除了那个小家伙,你只需要给200元就好。
-Jenny: This one? You're so sweet. You're like a little clearance puppy.
clearance: 清仓,净空
这个?你太可爱了。是只清仓大甩卖的小狗啊。
Hello, puppy.
嗨,小狗。
-John: This one likes you.
这只狗喜欢你。
Clearance Puppy likes you.
小剩狗喜欢你呢。
-Dog seller: Well, that's your guy.
那它就是你的小狗了。
-Jenny: Aw.
噢。
I was gonna pick you anyway.
anyway: 无论如何,反正
我反正也是要选你的。
Don't tell anybody. Don't tell the others.
不要告诉任何人喔,不要告诉其他狗。
-John: We gotta double-time it just a little here, honey.
亲爱的,我们得快点了。
-Jenny: Really wish I didn't have to go.
我真的不希望走。
-John: Are you kidding me?
你在和我开玩笑吗?
It's gonna be great. You spent eight months on this trial.
trail: 审讯
这次旅行会很精彩的。你用8个月来跟踪这次审讯。
Honestly, I'm jealous.
honestly: 坦率地,公正地 jealous: 妒忌的,羡慕的
老实说,我很嫉妒。
-Jenny: Really?
真的么?
Tax evasion? That's what makes you jealous?
tax evasion: 逃税 evasion: 逃避
逃税?是它让你妒忌?
-John: Well, it's sexier than speed bumps.
speed bump: 减速带
嗯,他起码比减速带好。
-Jenny: Okay, you call me the minute you get him home.
好了,带狗回家的时候记得打给我。
-John: Okay. Okay.
没问题。
-Jenny: We also have to come up with a name for him.
come up with: 想出,提出
我们也要给他想一个名字。
-John: Yes. Let's brainstorm it.
brainstorm: 头脑风暴,动脑筋,出主意
好,那我们得绞尽脑汁想想。
I'll just call him Clearance Puppy till you get back.
clearance: 清仓,净空
我会一直叫他小剩狗直到你回到家为止。
-Jenny: Are you gonna be okay?
你可以吗?
-John: You're worried about me with a puppy?
你在担心我和小狗吗?
-Jenny: I am.
没错。
-John: Me, John Frigging Grogan?
我?John Frigging Grogan?
-Jenny: I know.
好吧。
-John: Good-bye. I love you. You look pretty.
拜拜,我爱你,你看起来不错。
-Jenny: Thank you. I love you. Bye.
谢谢,我也爱你,拜拜。
-John: Okay. Bye.
好了,拜拜。
How you doing there, buddy?
哥们,怎么样啊?
Kind of a big day for you.
对于你来说是个大日子呢。
Let's listen to the radio.
radio: 收音机
让我们听听收音机吧。
Awkward silences.
awkward: 令人尴尬的,难堪的
奇怪的沉默。

“One love”
“爱情”

-John: You like that? You like Bob Marley?
你喜欢这首歌?你喜欢Bob Marley?

“Let's get together and”
“让我们聚在一起”

-John: Bob. That be a good name?
Bob这名字可以吗?

“Feel all right”
“感觉不错”

-John

: Bob. Bob.
Bob,Bob。
Come here, Bob. Or Robert?
过来,Bob。又或者是Robert?
When you got older. More dignified.
dignified: 有威严的
当你长大之后更有尊严。

“The children crying”
“孩子们在哭泣”

-John: Marley?
Marley?

“Saying give thanks and praise”
“表达着谢意和赞美”

-John: You like that.
你喜欢这名字。
That has a nice ring to it.
这个名字好像是不错。

“Feel all right”
“感觉不错”

-John: Okay. Whoa.
好吧。
It's better if you ride shotgun.
shotgun: 猎枪
你还是坐在副驾驶座比较好。
Because we don't wanna have a car crash.
crash: 冲撞
因为我可不想出车祸。

“And feel all right”
“感觉不错”

-John: our first real day together.
我们第一天在一起。

“Let them all pass all their”
“让他们说他们的”
“Dirty remarks”
remark: 评论,备注
“闲言闲语”

-John: Okay, come here. Come here.
好吧,过来,过来。

“There is one question”
“只有一个问题”

-John: It's a big day. You can ride over here.
今天是个好日子,所以你可以坐在这里。
Maybe it's okay today. Just this one time.
今天可以坐在这里,只有这一次。
We get pulled over, we explain…
pull over: 靠向路边
我们把车驶到路边,解释一下。
We explain what the circumstances are.
circumstance: 环境,状况
解释现在是什么情况。

“To save his own beliefs”
“拯救他自己的信仰”
“One love”
“爱情”

-John: What happened?
怎么了?
-Neighbour1: The Millers got robbed.
get robbed: 遭劫,被抢劫
Miller家被抢劫了。
-John: Again? Good thing I got a watchdog.
watchdog:看门狗
又被抢了?幸好我有一只看门狗。
-Lisa: Hey, buddy. He's got some teeth.
嘿,他长牙齿了。
-John: Oh, yeah.
没错。
I'll get him some water.
我给他弄点水去。
-Neighbor1: You're not gonna keep him in the backyard, are you?
backyard: 后院
你不会把他放在后花园里,是吧?
-John: I'm gonna keep him in the garage till I get him house trained.
garage: 车库
我会把他放在车库直到他训练有素。
-Lisa: Hmm.
嗯。
-John: No, Marley, Marley, Marley. No, no.
不要,Marley,不可以。
No, no, no, no.
不可以,不可以!
You've had enough food, Marley. You've had two bowls of kibble.
bowl: 饭碗
你吃得够多了,Marley,你已经吃了两碗狗食了。
You had half a seat belt in the car.
seat belt: 安全带
在车里你吃了一半安全带。
Huh. H-How are you still eating?
喂,你怎么还在吃?
I don't understand where you can put it.
put: 承受
真不知道你肚子怎么没撑爆。
Here's the little box where Marley's gonna bunk down.
bunk down: 卧,睡
这里是Marley睡的小盒子。
Pretty cozy.
cozy: 舒适的,舒服的
挺舒适的。
All right. Good

night.
好了,晚安。
You're gonna be okay.
你会没事儿的。
I'm just right inside.
我就在里面而已。
Sleep tight.
好好睡。
All right.
好了。
Come on, Marley.
来吧,Marley。
You're killing me, you know that?
你快折磨死我了,你知道么?
Oh, we got some cleaning up to do before the missus gets back.
missus: 已婚的夫人
我们要在夫人回来之前打扫一下卫生。
All right.
好了。
I'm off to the airport...
我要去机场。
And you're gonna ride out the rain right in your little box.
ride out: 安然度过,经受得住
你会在盒子里安然度过这场雨。
It's just a little thunder. Back in a flash.
thunder: 雷雨 in a flash: 眨眼间,一瞬
就是一点闪电而已,马上回来。
Get in. Here.
进来。
-Jenny: Oh, my God!
我的天啊!
Hi. How are you?
嘿,你怎么样?
-John: How are you?
你怎么样?
-Jenny: How's my puppy?
我的小狗怎么样了?
-John: I'm okay.
还不错。
A little tired, but trying to stay dry.
有点累,不过不会淋到雨的。
-Jenny: No, really. How is he?
真的,他怎么样?
-John: Waiting for you.
等着你呢。
-Jenny: Do you hear that? Is that I think that's Marley.
你听到了么? 我想他是Marley。
Oh, my God.
我的天哪!
Oh, my God. Look at this!
天!看看这车库。
-John: This is not how I left it.
我离开的时候不是这样的。
-Jenny: How long did you leave him?
你离开他多久了?
-John: I left him for maybe an hour.
可能一个小时。
Tops. Did he eat the drywall?
drywall: 灰板内墙
天,他吃了那堵墙?
Oh, that's not right.
噢,那可不对。
-Jenny: Wow.
哇!
That's one little dog did that.
那是这只小狗干的啊。
Oh, honey, you're shaking.
shake: 发抖
亲爱的,你在颤抖呢。
Does thunder scare you, mister?
小先生,闪电吓着你了?
Oh, ho. Sweet boy.
喔,小可爱。
Oh, look at us.
看看我们这样。
-Sebastian: So I'm in this cave and I can feel the machine guns.
machine gun: 机关枪
然后我就在山洞里面,我可以感觉到那些机关枪。
There's, like, nine of them around me.
就像是有9支机关枪在我的周围。
-John: What, like AK-47 s?
像AK-47?
-Sebastian: Kalashnikov.
kalashnikov冲锋枪。
And then Escobar comes in and says,
然后Escobar走进来说,
-John: Escobar?
Escobar?
-Sebastian: El Padrino-Yeah. He says, "I read your piece on Gadhafi...
呃,是Padrino,是的。他说:“我看过你关于Gadhafi的文章,
and I think you captured his narcissism perfectly."
capture: 抓取,抓住 narcissism: 自恋,自我陶醉
我觉得你完全描绘出了他的自恋”。
Can you believe that?
你相信么?
-John: Some of it.
不全信。
-Sebastian: Man, I wish you could have been there.
哥们,我真的希望你可以在那里。
-John: But then who's gonna cover the po

wer struggle.
cover: 报道 struggle: 竞争,奋斗
那谁去报道在Delray的,
Down at the Rotary Club in Delray?
Rotary国际俱乐部里的权力斗争呢?
Oh, it's been just crazy.
噢,那太疯狂了。
-Sebastian: Your time will come, amigo.
amigo: 朋友
你的时代会到来的,朋友。
-John: I'll drink to that.
我会举杯庆祝的。
-Shannon: That was crazy.
那太疯狂了。
Oh, my God.
天哪。
-Viviana: Oh, my God!
天!
-Shannon: That is the cutest thing I've ever seen.
那是我看到的最可爱的小狗了!
-Viviana: Hey.
嘿!
-John: Say hello, Marley.
快说你好,Marley。
-Shannon: Hey, little Marley.
嘿,小Marley。
Can I hold him?
我可以抱他么?
-John: Of course. Here you go.
当然,给。
-Viviana: He's so cute.
他太可爱了!
-Shannon: Oh, I love their puppy breath.
breath: 气息
我喜欢他的小狗味道。
-John: Oh. Have you guys met my buddy Sebastian?
这是我的哥们Sebastian。
-Viviana: Sebastian. Viviana. Nice to meet you.
Sebastian,Viviana,很高兴认识你。
-Shannon: Hi. I'm Shannon.
嗨,我是Shannon。
-Sebastian: Hey, he's a beauty, isn't he?
嘿,他很帅,对吧?
-Shannon: He's adorable.
adorable: 可爱的
他很可爱。
-John: I think the "puppy instead of a baby" idea is working.
instead of: 替代,而不是
我觉得“要狗不要宝贝”这主意挺好的。
-Sebastian: Yeah, it's certainly working for me.
对,对我来说挺有用的。
-Shannon: Can I take him home with me?
我可以带它到处转转吗?
-Viviana: You're so cute. Yes, you are.
你太可爱了,真的是太可爱了!
-John: I can't let you have the puppy,
我不可以让你带走它。
but you might have a shot with the big dog.
不过你可以尝试一下这大狗。
-Sebastian: I'm easy.
我很随和的。
-Shannon: Oh, you're easy.
噢,你是很随和。
-Sebastian: And I do tricks. I'm paper trained.
trick: 诡计,恶作剧
而且我懂很多事,是训练有素的。
-John: Marley! Marley!
Marley,Marley!
Come back, puppy.
回来,小狗。
Marley! Marley!
Marley ,Marley!
Marley. Marley!
Marley ,Marley!
-Viviana: Puppy!
小狗!
-John: Got him. Thanks.
抓到他了,谢谢。
-Beach guy: You have got to be more careful, man.
兄弟,你需要更小心一点。
-John: It's our first week together, so we're still working out the kinks.
kink: 瓶颈,扭结
这是我们在一起的第一个星期,还在磨合期。
-Beach guy: You really shouldn't bring a dog, down to the dog beach until he's trained.
train: 训练,培养
在一条狗听话之前,你真不应该,把他带到允许狗进入的沙滩上。
-John: Okay, can I get the dog back?
好的,我可以要回我的狗了么?
-Beach guy: Never let him off leash unless you have complete confidence.
leash: 系狗的皮带,狗链子 complete: 完

全的 confidence: 自信,信心
除非你有充足信心,否则不要松开他的狗链。
-John: Okay.
好吧。
-Beach guy: This is the only beach in two counties...
这是两个县里唯一一个,
where dogs aren't banned.
可以带狗来的沙滩。
-John: All right.
好的。
-Beach guy: Cops see anybody peeing or pooping down by the water,
cop: 警察
警察只要看到狗在撒尿或是在海里跑,
they'll shut us down.
shut down: 关闭
他们会立即关闭沙滩。
Why is that funny to you?
你为什么觉得好笑?
-Sebastian: I'm just very immature.
immature: 不成熟的
我只是还没有成熟。
-Beach guy: Calvin!
Calvin!
-John: See? Aren't you glad you're not Calvin?
看到没?你应该庆幸你不是Calvin。
See how easy you got it?
明白了吧现在?
-Jenny: Marley, stop!
Marley,停下来。
Marley. Marley.
Marley,Marley。
Honey, the dog's got my…
亲爱的,狗狗拿走了我的……
-John: Marley, no.
Marley,不要。
Marley, you can't go through a screen door.
go through: 通过 screen door: 纱门
Marley,你走不过一扇玻璃门的。

“We're rocking the suburbs.”
“我们在郊外踏青”
“Around the block just one more time”
“只在大楼旁边停留一次”
“We're rocking the suburbs”
“我们在郊外踏青”
“We part the shades and face some facts”
“我们拨开云雾面对现实”

-Jenny: Happy Thanksgiving.
感恩节快乐!
-Neighbor2: You too.
你也是。

“They got better looking fescue”
fescue: 教鞭,牛毛草
“他们有更好的教鞭”

-Jenny: Marley!
Marley!
-John: It just seems like that there's other guys.
外面似乎还有其他人。
Like, I don't understand why you thought of me.
我不知道你为什么想到了我。
-Arnie: I'm in a bind.
in a bind: 限于困境
我很困扰。
-John: Yeah, but I'm a reporter. I'm not a columnist.
reporter: 记者 columnist: 专栏作家
我知道,但是我是记者,不是专栏作家。
-Arnie: John, you get better pay...
John你会有更高的工资。
you can pick your own hours and choose your own topics.
pick: 选择 topic: 主题
你可以自由选择工作时间以及报道话题。
Why are you hesitating?
hesitate: 犹豫
为什么你还要犹豫?
-John: No, I'm thinking.
不,我只是在思考。
-Arnie: No, you're hesitating.
不是,你在犹豫。
I'm offering you a promotion, and you're hesitating.
promotion: 提升,升职
我让你升职,但是你却在犹豫。
-John: I never saw myself as a columnist.
我从来没想过自己会成为专栏作家。
-Arnie: Well, think of it as one of those times when you surprise yourself.
那就想想你之前是如何让自己都大吃一惊的。
-John: Okay.
好吧。
-Arnie: John, it's only a couple of times a week...
a couple of: 几个,几次
John,一个星期只有几次,
till I get a replacement for Jerr

y.
replacement: 代替,取代
直到我找到人接替Jerry。
Then you can go back to doing whatever the hell it was you were doing.
go back: 返回
然后你就回到原位,继续做你之前的工作。
What were you doing?
你之前的工作是什么?
-John: Obituaries, methane leaks.
obituary: 讣告 methane leak: 天然气泄漏
讣闻,天然气泄漏。
-Arnie: Are you okay with this?
你应付的来这些吗?
-John: Yes.
可以。
-Arnie: You don't seem very thrilled.
thrilled: 激动的
你好像并不激动。
-John: No, it's a promotion.
promotion: 提升,升职
不,这可是一次升职。
-Arnie: We could take away the raise in pay if you like.
take away: 取消,拿走 raise: 提高
如果你喜欢,我们可以取消工资的提高。
-John: No, no. I'm-Thank you.
不,不要,谢谢你。
-Arnie: All right. Now you're talking. Go on. Get to work.
好吧,现在才是正常的答复。走吧,去工作吧。
-Jenny: Oh! Marley. I think he dislocated my shoulder.
dislocate: 脱臼
噢,Marley!他都快让我的肩膀脱臼了。
God. He doesn't even heel.
天,他甚至从来不跟着走的。
He doesn't walk. He just sprints.
sprint: 短跑
他不走路的,他只是疾跑。
Marley God.
Marley,天啊!
Marley, stop.
Marley,停下来。
I had to pull him off three dogs today.
pull off: 拉下
今天我不得不把他从三只狗身上拉下来。
-John: Poodles?
poodle: 狮子狗
狮子狗?
-Jenny: Among others.
还有其他狗呢。
-John: I say we give him away to a farm.
我在想把他送去农场。
Isn't that usually what you do with dogs that are out of control?
out of control: 失去控制
那不是通常对付狗不乖的做法吗?
-Jenny: Well, usually you Usually you train them.
通常,通常是你训练他们。
-John :Or you train them. Come on. Down. Go on.
又或者是你训练他。来,下去,走。
-Jenny: What are you doing?
你在做什么?
-John: Arnie gave me a column.
column: 专栏
Arnie给我一个专栏。
-Jenny: Are you kidding? Baby, that's great.
真的吗?亲爱的,那太棒了!
-John: Oh, yeah. It's a big honor.
噢,是的,这是很高的荣誉。
I get to write about zoning laws...
我打算写一篇关于地区法的文章……
and give my opinion on yard sales.
yard sale: 旧货拍卖
然后谈谈家庭旧货拍卖。
-Jenny: Whoa. Down, boy. Easy with the enthusiasm.
enthusiasm: 激情,热情
哇,冷静点,孩子,不要太激动。
-John: Well, no, it's just, I don't even read this crap, when other people write it.
crap: 废话,垃圾
嗯,只是我根本不看,其他人写的垃圾专栏。
Now I'm supposed to, you know, write two columns a week?
但现在我却要自己一个星期写两篇专栏文章?
-Jenny: And you got nothing for Tuesday.
但是你星期二没有任何工作。
-John: No. I got nothing for Tuesday.
对,我星期二没

有任何工作。
-Jenny: I bet you're gonna think of something.
bet: 打赌
我猜你应该要想点什么。
-John: Now, see, this gives me a little inspiration,
inspiration: 灵感
现在,这个启发我一些灵感。
but it's not for a column.
不过不是关于专栏的,
It's more like…
而是……
Look at Marley. Now he's eating the floor.
瞧瞧Marley,他现在在吃地板。
-Jenny: Marley, stop.
Marley,停下来。
Marley, you're incorrigible.
incorrigible: 无可救药的,积习难改的
Marley,你无药可救了。
-Dog trainer: Incorrigible? I don't believe in that word.
无药可救?我可不相信这个词。
Every dog wants to learn.
就算是狗,也想学习。
Hey, come here, baby.
嘿,来这里,宝贝。
Yes, you're a good girl. You're a good girl.
没错,你是个乖孩子,你是个乖孩子。
Yes, you are.
没错,你是的。
'Course, they can't learn if their parents are weak-willed.
weak-willed: 意志薄弱的
如果他们的父母意志不坚定,他们当然学不了。
-John: Yeah. Well, I'm pretty strong-willed, but…
strong-willed: 意志坚定的
明白。不过,我还蛮意志坚定的,但是……
-Jenny: Marley!
Marley!
-John: Say hello to Marley.
和Marley问声好。
-Dog trainer: So which of you is gonna be the trainer?
trainer: 训练者
那你们哪个要成为训练者呢?
-Jenny: Well, we both thought we would,
唔,我们都觉得自己可以。
because we'd like him to listen to both of us at home.
因为我们都想他在家里能听从两个人的指挥。
-John: We're married too. Yeah.
我们也结婚了。
-Dog trainer: No, no, no, no.
不行,不行。
A dog can only have one master.
master: 主人
一只狗只能拥有一个主人。
Which one of you has the most natural authority in your own relationship?
authority: 权威
在你们的关系里,哪个人更有权威呢?
-John: Well, maybe I'll stand over there for the beginning.
可能我应该在开始的时候在那边站着。
-Dog trainer: I thought so. Shall we?
我也是这么觉得的。可以开始了么?
-Jenny: Geez!
天啊。
-Dog trainer: All right, sit.
好了,坐下。
-All: Sit. Sit.
坐下,坐下。
-Jenny: Sit. Marley.
坐下,Marley。
Okay. Marley, Marley, sit.
好了,Marley,坐下。
-Dog trainer: This, class, is a classic example of a dog...
classic: 典型的
这节课就是典型的一课……
who has foolishly been allowed to believe...
foolishly: 愚蠢地
一只自认为是狗群中的,
he is the alpha male of the pack...
alpha: 第一的
第一公狗。
and therefore, he can never be a happy animal.
therefore: 因此,所以
所以他永远也不会成为一只快乐的狗。
-John: Yeah. He looks pretty miserable.
miserable: 悲惨的
是啊,他看起来好悲惨啊。
-Dog trainer: You, joker, rotate in.
rotate: 轮换
你,爱开玩笑的人,进来。

And lose the sunglasses.
sunglass: 太阳镜
还有脱下你的太阳眼镜。
Dog likes to be looked at in the eye.
狗喜欢眼神对视。
-John: Jawohl.
拿着。
-Jenny: I got it.
我知道了。
-John: Okay.
好了。
-Jenny: Okay. You got him?
好了,你抓稳他了么?
-John: Yeah.
行了。
-Jenny: Okay.
好的。
-Dog trainer: So. Collar your dogs.
collar: 抓住,颈圈,在这作“带上颈圈”解
好,给你的狗戴上颈圈。
-Woman: Good boy.
乖狗。
-Dog trainer: All right, dogs on the left.
好,狗站在左边。
On the count of three.
数3声,
One, two, three. Let's go.
1,2,3,开始走。
Very nice. Very good.
很好,很好。
Good.
不错。
-John: Hey!
嘿!
-Dog trainer: Correct him!
correct: 纠正,改正
纠正他。
Whoa!
哇!
Rein in that dog.
rein: 控制,驾驭
拴住那只狗。
All right. All right, class.
好了,好了,同学们。
Come on. Let's line up again.
line up: 排队
来,再次排队。
Class, it's a simple question of having confidence... in your own authority.
confidence: 自信,信心 authority: 权威
同学们,这只是一个是否对你的权威,有自信的问题。
I shall now demonstrate a simple walk.
demonstrate: 展示
我现在会演示一次简单的走路。
All right?
好了吗?
Mr. Grogan?
Grogan先生?
-John: Sorry.
对不起。
-Dog trainer: May I?
我可以么?
All right, even an unruly dog...
unruly: 难以控制的,任性的
好了,就算是一只不听话的狗,
likes to obey his leader.
obey: 服从
也喜欢听从指挥。
Marley, heel.
Marley,跟着走。
Yeah.
没错。
Marley. Marley!
Marley,Marley!
Marley! Marley!
Marley,Marley!
Marley.
Marley!
-John: Careful. Marley, no!
小心,Marley,不要。
Marley!
Marley!
-Dog trainer: Aaah! That's it. He is out.
啊!结束了,他被开除了。
-John: Sorry. Usually he does this with poodles.
poodle: 狮子狗
真对不起,他通常只对狮子狗这样。
-Dog trainer: That dog is a bad influence on the others.
influence: 影响
这只狗对其他狗影响不好。
Now, leg humping is like a virus.
hump: 拱 virus: 病毒
抱别人腿的这种动作也像病毒似的。
Once it takes hold of the group. No.
一旦他传染了整个团队,绝对不行!
-John: Okay.
好吧。
-Dog trainer: He has got to go.
他必须走。
-John: It was maybe your hair.
可能是因为你的头发。
Reminded him of a poodle.
remind of: 使人想起,提醒
让他想起了狮子狗。
-Dog trainer: Never bring him back.
永远不要带他回来!
-John: Right from the beginning she had me in her sights.
在开始的时候她就监视着我。
-Jenny: I know. She really did.
我明白,她就是这样。
-John: Marley wouldn't take any of her crap.
crap: 垃圾,废话
Marley才不听她的那套鬼话。
That's why he got kicked

out.
kick out: 开除,逐出
所以他被踢出来了。
You are now the world's worst dog.
你现在是世界上最坏的狗狗了。
You've been kicked out of obedience school.
obedience: 服从,顺从
你被训练学校踢出來了。
-Jenny: You know, there is something else that we could do.
你知道吗,我们也可以做其他事情。
-John: No, I know. We just, we get a…
嗯,我知道,我们只要……
No. No, no, no, no, no. I'm smiling, but I'm serious. No.
不不不,不要,虽然我在笑,但是我很认真。不要。
It's not gonna be so bad, buddy.
这没有这么差的,宝贝。
You'll see. Sex is overrated.
overrate: 高估
你会知道的,性被高估了。
Aw, I can't tell you that, because you know it's a lie.
lie: 谎言
噢,我不可以和你这么说,因为你知道这是谎言。
Poor son of a bitch.
可怜的狗。
Okay. You wanna come up? Yeah. That's the least I can do.
你想到前面来?好吧,这是我唯一可以做的。
-Jenny: Marley!
Marley!
-John: Get a little fresh air.
来吸点新鲜空气。
Oh, gosh. It's like he's walking the plank.
plank: 厚木板
噢,天呐,他就像在厚木板上走路一样。
I mean, that's what breaks my heart, is he's so happy.
我的意思是,他这么开心,我却是很伤心。
He doesn't know what's coming.
他不知道即将来临的是什么。
-Jenny: Honey, he's gonna be fine.
亲爱的,他会没事的。
Oh, no, no, no. That makes me nervous.
不要,不要,不要。这样让我紧张!
-John: He's okay.
他没事。
He's just getting a little air.
他只是吸收点新鲜空气而已。
It's like Of Mice and Men.
这就像《人鼠之间》。
No, Marley.
不要,Marley。
-Jenny: Oh, John, please.
噢,John,求你了。
Oh, my God.
噢,天哪!
-John: He's making a break for it.
他想要出去。
He's onto our evil plan.
be onto: 了解,掌握 evil: 邪恶的
他知道我们的邪恶计划了。
Pull over.
停在路边。
-Jenny: I can't stop here. I can't.
我不可以停在这里的,不行的。
-John: Honey, pull over.
亲爱的,停下来!
-Jenny: I'm trying to. There's a ton of traffic.
a ton of: 许多,很多
我知道,但这里太多汽车了。
-John: Pull over!
停车!
-Jenny: All right, all right. All right.
好吧,好吧,好吧。
Jesus.
天哪。
-John: I need a little help here.
我需要帮忙。
-Jenny: I know.
我知道。
-John: Hey, get a leash.
喂,拿狗链。
-Jenny: Shut up.
住嘴。
-John: He's losing his balls today. Cut him some slack.
slack: 松弛的
它今天要失去生育功能了,宽容它点。
-John: You got him? Careful. Careful.
你抓住他了没?小心点,小心点。
This is a rough draft, because I'd like to take another pass at it.
rough: 粗略的,大致的 draft: 草稿,手稿
这只是一篇草率的初稿,我还想再修

改一次。
You know, the beginning, I think I might want…
你知道,刚开始,我想我可能……
I think we can maybe lose that,
我想我可能不应该这样。
because I think it gets a little bit "jokey."
jokey:玩笑的,滑稽的
因为我觉得里面有太多玩笑了。
I just reread it, and I didn't think it really worked at all. I'm sorry.
我刚才才读过一遍。然后我不觉得它是好文章,很抱歉。
I'm gonna go back and do the zoning piece.
我要回去,然后开始我那篇关于地区法律的文章。
-Arnie: Wait. Wait a minute.
等等,等一下。
What are you apologizing for? This stuff is hysterical.
apologize: 道歉 hysterical: 异常兴奋的
你在道歉什么?这篇文章很搞笑。
-John: Really?
真的吗?
-Arnie: I'm laughing my head off at this.
我笑到要肚子痛了。
The-The getting kicked out of obedience school...
kick out: 开除,逐出 obedience: 服从,顺从
被训练学校开除,
The humping, the great escape.
escape: 逃跑
抱教官的腿,那次精彩的逃跑,
That's really funny stuff. I'm laughing my ass off.
stuff: 材料,原料
这些真的很搞笑,我真的要笑到肚子痛了。
It's hysterical stuff.
hysterical: 异常兴奋的,歇斯底里的
文章很精彩。
Run it the way it is.
就这样吧。
-John: Thanks.
谢谢。
-Arnie: Listen. You know what makes it work?
听着,你知道为什么这篇文章好么?
What makes it work is that you put yourself into it. I like that.
那是因为你倾注了自己的感情,我喜欢。
-John: Good.
好的。
-Arnie: Look, I know you're a reporter and all...
reporter: 记者
听着,我知道你是一名记者,
But could you do a few more things like this?
但是你可以做比这些更多的事情么?
-John: Sure.
当然。
-Arnie: Great.
很好。
-John: Okay, great.
好的,行。
-Arnie: And tell your dog not to feel too bad.
还有告诉你的狗不要太伤心。
Sooner or later, we all lose our balls.
sooner or later: 迟早
迟早,我们都会失去生育功能的。
-John: Hey, good to know.
嗯,谢谢你告诉我。
Woke up to a kiss from Marley.
wake up: 醒来
早上被Marley舔醒。
Went for a walk that turned into a run.
去散步结果变成了赛跑。
Took an airboat ride.
airboat: 汽船,汽艇
乘汽艇,
Wrote a column about the death of the Everglades.
column: 专栏
写了一个关于Everglades之逝的专栏。
Planted an orange tree in the backyard.
backyard: 后院
写了在后院种橘子树,
Threw sticks for Marley in the park. Watched him swim in the bay.
和Marley在公园扔木棒,看他在湖里游泳。
Watched him steal some guy's Frisbee.
steal: 偷 Frisbee: 飞盘
看他抢别人的飞盘。
Bought a new Frisbee for the guy.
又给那人买了一个新飞盘。
Gave Marley a bath. Went to work with writers' block.
给Marley洗澡,和作家们一起上

班。
Hoped for inspiration to strike. Nada.
inspiration: 灵感
希望灵感降临,未果。
Got a new shirt. Got a new keyboard.
keyboard: 键盘
买了新衬衫。买了新键盘。
Got the same old paycheck. Went wind surfing with Sebastian.
paycheck: 工资 surf: 冲浪
拿到和以前一样的工资,和Sebastian一起去冲浪。
Met his new girlfriend Sasha. Met his other new girlfriend Angie.
遇到他的新女友Sasha,遇到他另一个女友Angie。
Watched models posing in the surf.
看模特们在冲浪板上摆姿势。
Wrote a column about the growth of South Beach.
写了关于南海岸发展的专栏。
Interviewed Gloria and Emilio Estefan at the Cordozo Hotel.
interview: 采访,会谈
在Cordozo酒店采访了Gloria和Emilio Estefan。
Introduced them to Jenny, who gushed like a teenager.
introduce: 介绍
把他们介绍给脸红得像个小孩的Jenny。
Went shopping at the mall. Bought a Sharper Image pillow.
mall: 大商场 pillow: 枕头
去商场购物,买了一个枕头。
Slept like a baby. Caught Marley eating the pillow.
睡得像婴儿一样。发现Marley在吃枕头。
Hid the evidence from Jenny.
hid: hide的过去式,隐藏 evidence: 证据
把证据藏起来不让Jenny发现。
Cleaned up Marley's vomit in the kitchen.
vomit: 呕吐物
清理Marley在厨房的呕吐物。
Helped Jenny make dinner. Overcooked the spaghetti.
spaghetti: 意大利式面条,通心粉
帮Jenny做饭,把通心粉弄糊了。
Got into a food fight.
打了一场食物大战。
Proofread Jenny's column. Read Sebastian's latest opus.
proofread: 校对 opus: 著作
帮Jenny看她的专栏,读Sebastian的新作。
Went running with Marley to burn off frustration.
frustration: 沮丧,低落
为了发泄和Marley一起去跑步。
Didn't see him chew through the leash. Chased him 15 blocks.
chew through: 咬断 leash: 狗链子 chase: 追赶
没发现他咬断了狗链子,追了他15个街区。
Had to call Jenny for a ride.
不得不搭Jenny的车。
Wrote a column about gas prices. Wrote a column about water prices.
写了一个关于油价的专栏,关于水价的专栏。
Found one tiny orange on our tree. Jenny very pleased with herself.
在我们的树上找到一个小橘子,Jenny很开心。
Found my first gray hair. Found Jenny's first gray hair.
找到我的第一根灰白头发。找到Jenny的第一根。
Bought Jenny flowers.
给Jenny买花。
Rescued our new mailman from Marley. Rescued a U.P.S. Guy from Marley.
从Marley那里救下新的邮递员。救下快递员。
Invited my parents to visit.
邀请我的父母来玩。
Took them out to dinner at a cool place on South Beach.
带他们去南海岸的一家餐厅吃饭。
Got into a fight with Dad over the check.
fight with: 和……争斗 check: 支票
为了支票跟老爸吵了一架。
Got into a fight with Dad about money.
为了钱的问题跟爸吵了一架。
Got into a fight

with Jenny about all the fighting.
为了吵架问题跟Jenny吵了一架。
Drove my parents to the airport.
送我父母去机场。
Listened to them complain about not having grandchildren.
complain: 抱怨
听他们抱怨抱不上孙子。
Tracked a hurricane heading for south Florida.
track: 跟踪 hurricane: 飓风
跟踪报道袭击南佛罗里达的飓风。
Hid in the bathroom during the hurricane.
飓风来临时躲在卫生间。
Sat in the dark for three days.
在黑暗中坐了三天。
Wrote a column about looters. Wrote a column about volunteers.
looter: 抢劫者 volunteer: 志愿者
写了关于抢劫者和志愿者的专栏。
Wrote a column about the beauty of air conditioning.
air conditioner: 空调
写了赞美空调的专栏。
Watched Marley dig for buried treasure.
treasure: 宝物,财富
看Marley挖掘埋藏的宝藏。
Spent Christmas with Jen's sister and her family in Orlando.
跟Jenny的姐姐一家在Orlando过圣诞。
Left Marley at their house to go to Disney World.
把Marley留在家,去了迪斯尼乐园。
Had to buy them new baby furniture.
furniture: 家具
不得不新买儿童家具。
Saw Jen light up around the little girls.
light up: 高兴,情绪高涨
看到Jen在一堆小女孩中很开心。
Got a flat driving home. Wrote a column about state troopers.
flat: 扁平的,爆胎 trooper: 骑兵
回家路上爆胎了,写了关于州里装甲兵的专栏。
Wrote a column about toll booths.
toll booth: 收费站
写了关于收费站的专栏。
Went to dinner to celebrate Jenny's raise.
celebrate: 庆祝
庆祝Jenny涨工资。
Tied Marley to the table.
把Marley栓在桌腿上。
Marley, come here!
Marley,来!
Chased Marley and the table. Caught the table.
追着Marley和那桌子跑,抓到了桌子。
Wrote a column about Marley pulling the table.
写了Marley拉桌子的专栏。
Tried to write a column about anything but Marley. Nada.
尝试写一篇没有Marley的专栏,未果。
Picked oranges from our tree. Made orange juice.
从我们的树上摘橘子,做橘子汁。
Drove down to Miami for Bark in the Park Night at the Marlins game.
从Miami开车到Bark去看球赛。
Brought Marley, who turned out to be a real baseball fan.
带着Marley去,后来发现他确实是个棒球迷。
Tried to stop him from chasing a foul ball in the stands.
chase: 追赶 stand: 站台
在站台上试图让他别追那个犯规的球。
Tried to stop him from chasing a foul ball on the field.
跑到场内阻止他追球。
Wrote a column about the ball game.
写了一篇关于这场球的专栏。
Took crap from Sebastian about it.
听了Sebastian关于这文章的鬼话。
Met his new girlfriend. Can't remember her name.
remember: 记得
遇到了他的新女友,我不记得名字了。
Went snorkeling with them. Cut my leg on a piece of coral.
snorkel: 潜航,潜水 coral: 珊瑚
跟他们潜水,腿被珊瑚划伤


Went to the emergency room. Wrote a column about hospitals.
emergency: 紧急情况
去了急诊室。写了一片关于医院的专栏。
Went to an Easter egg hunt at Jenny's boss's house in Boca.
去Jenny上司在Boca的家里参加复活节寻彩蛋游戏。
Drank mimosas.
mimosas: 含羞草
喝含羞草汁。
Met a doctor who does three liposuctions a day.
liposuction: 脂肪抽吸术
遇到了一个每天能做三台抽脂手术的医生。
Wrote a column about nannies in Boca.
写了一篇关于Boca的保姆的专栏。
Wrote a column about the women of Boca.
写了一片关于Boca女性的专栏。
Wrote a column about writing columns.
写了一篇关于写专栏的专栏。
Came home to find Jenny dancing with Marley.
回到家发现Jenny在跟Marley跳舞。
Tried to think of reasons not to have a baby now. Nada.
试图找到不要孩子的理由。未果。
-Jenny: Why don't you just let him off the leash?
你怎么不把链子松开?
-John: Because although I love him, I don't trust him.
trust: 信任
因为我虽然爱他,但不信任他。
-Jenny: Honey, it's been two years. He's never had an accident.
accident: 事故
亲爱的,他都两年没出事故了。
-John: I know, 'cause I never let him off the leash.
我知道啊。那是因为我从不松开链子。
We're not gonna be the guys who get Dog Beach shut down, are we, Marley?
shut down: 关闭
我们不会是让小狗海岸倒闭的人。对吧,Marley?
Nope. Okay. So what's next?
不是。好吧,下一步是什么?
-Jenny: Um, ice cream?
呃,冰激凌?
-John: No. I mean on your list.
不是。我是说你的清单。
-Jenny: My list?
我的清单?
-John: Jen, the list…
是啊,你那个清单。
Your little play list that you had when we got married that had the game plan.
就是我们结婚的时候,你立下计划的那个单子。
It was basically my marching orders.
basically: 基本上
那基本是我的行动命令。
-Jenny: My plan?
我的计划?
-John: Your plan. I wanna know what's next. Scare me.
对,你的计划。我想知道下一步是什么。吓吓我吧。
-Jenny: You really wanna know?
你真的想知道?
-John: Hit me.
我承受能力很好。
-Jenny: Well, it's a toss-up between the new roof.
toss-up: 均等机会,同样可能
好吧。二选一,要么换个屋顶。
-John: Very practical.
practical: 实际的,实用的
很实际嘛。
-Jenny: And, uh and a baby.
或者要一个孩子。
-John: I could live with a few leaks.
leak: 漏洞
房顶有几个洞我倒无所谓。
-Jenny: Really?
真的?
-John: Yeah, a couple.
是啊。
-Jenny: But you know, a couple leaks turn into maybe one big leak...
但一些小洞可能会变成一个大的漏水开口。
And then that big leak becomes a very big responsibility.
responsibility: 责任
然后又回带来巨大的责任。
-John: That's true.
这倒不假。
-Jenny: We m

相关主题
文本预览
相关文档 最新文档