当前位置:文档之家› 老外最想聊的100个口语话题

老外最想聊的100个口语话题

老外最想聊的100个口语话题
老外最想聊的100个口语话题

1

First Impressions 初遇相识

dialogue 1

Steve: Mary, how was your date with john?

玛丽,你和约翰的约会怎么样?

Mary: it's ok. It seems we have a lot in common.

还可以.我们好像很投缘.

S: oh, really. That is great news. What does he look like?

真的吗?太好了.他长的怎么样?

M: he is tall and slim, fair-haired.

他身材高挑,金黄色的头发.

S: sounds like he is pretty cute. What do you think of him?

听起来长的很帅,那你对她印象怎么样啊

M: he is a nice guy and very considerate. I was impressed with how smart he was and he has a great sense of humor.

人不错,非常体贴,知识渊博,又很幽默.

S: oh, it's love at first sight. When will you see each other again?

啊,看来你是一见钟情了,下次什么时候见面?

M: he didn't say, but he said he would call me.

他没说,不过他说会给我打电话.

S: maybe he is busy with his work. Just wait and try not to think about it too much!

也许他现在工作比较忙,等等吧,别太想人家啊!

M: oh, steve. Stop it! I am a bit nervous! What if he doesn't call?

哎,苏珊,人家本来就很紧张了.如果他不大电话怎么办呢?

S: come on, Mary, you're a total catch. I bet he will call you. Don't worry. 别担心,玛丽,你这么讨人喜欢,我保证他会打电话的,别担心.

M: thank you, Steve. You're always so encouraging.

谢谢你,史蒂夫,你总是不断鼓励我.

S: that's what friends are for.

别说这些,我们是朋友嘛

dialogue 2

S: you know, Mary, I feel we meet somewhere before. Where were you born?

玛丽,你知道吗,我觉得好像在哪儿见过你,你是在哪里出生的?

M: I was born in Beijing, but I spent most of my childhood in London.

我在北京出生,后来去了伦敦。

S: what was your childhood like?

你的童年生活怎么样?

M: I had a pretty strict upbringing, and my parents taught at an university so they have extremely high expectations for me.

我小时候家教特别严,我父母以前是大学老师,对我期望特别高。

S: where did you go to university?

你在哪里上的大学?

M: my parents wanted me to stay in Beijing, but I decided to go back to England. I graduated from University of Newcastle upon Tyne with a degree in Cross Culture Communication.

我父母想让我留在北京,可是我决定回英国。后来我从纽卡斯尔大学毕业并且拿到了跨文化交流专业的学位。

S: what is your current occupation?

那你现在做什么工作呢?

M: I am a journalist. I write for China Daily.

我做记者,在《中国日报》工作。

S: did you know that you wanted to be a journalist right after your graduation?

那你一毕业就知道自己相当记者吗?

M: no, I didn’t. I started w orking at a university in London but as time went by, I found I did not really like my job. I decided to explore other fields. Journalism is great fit for me as well as a challenge.

没有。我最初在伦敦一所大学教书,颗后来我觉得自己并不喜欢当老师。于是就决定尝试一下其它领域。新闻工作对我来说不失为一种新的尝试和挑战。

S: do you like your current job?

那你喜欢你现在的工作吗?

M: yes, I came to Beijing two years ago looking for new opportunities. I was lucky because my friend introduced me to my current company.

是的,两年前我来到北京,希望找到新的机会。当时很幸运,一个朋友介绍我进了现在的公司。

2

Dating 与爱相约

dialogue 1

I: I wonder what he looks like. Oh, I can't wait to see him! His email said he'd be wearing a white hat.(looking around for him) oh, there he is.

我真想知道他长得什么样,真想马上见到他。他在电子邮件里说他会戴白帽子。(四下张望)啊,他在那儿。

L: hey, Isabelle…

嗨,伊莎贝拉…

I: Logan! Why on earth are you hiding here? White hat! Come on! Don't tell me you're the guy! It can't be true.

洛根!?你躲在这儿干什么?白帽子?天啊!别告诉我你就是那个人!

L: yes, I am the guy.

…没错,我就是。

I: what a bummer! You set me up?

无聊!那我当猴耍吗?

L: let me explain. I didn't mean to hurt you…

你听我解释,不是有意的的。

I: how dare you!(starts to walk off)

你竟敢骗我!(就要离开)

L: hang on a second. Hear me out, just this once, Isabella!

等一下,听我说完,伊莎贝拉,就这一次。

I: why did you lie to me in the email?

你为什么在邮件里骗我?

L: I didn't lie. You just didn't ask me my real name.

我没有,是你没问我的真实姓名。

I: I should have known it was you. No wonder all the 20 questions were answered correctly. I thought I might have found the one for me.

我早知道应该是你。怪不得20个问题你全答对了。我还以为自己找到了知己。

L: I'm sorry. It was cruel of me. But I promise it will never happen again? Look, there's a nice restaurant. Let me take you to dinner and we can talk thigns over.

对不起,是我不好。我发誓绝不会有第二次。看,那个餐厅看上去不错。走,我请你吃饭,然后慢慢给你解释。

dialogue 2

L: The band is pretty good. How do you like the music?

乐队不错啊。你喜欢这支曲子吗?

I: it's very nice. I haven't heard live music in a while. This is fun.

挺喜欢的。我很久没在现场听过音乐了,感觉很不错。

L: well, then, may I invite you for the next dance?

好吧,那我可以请你跳下一支舞吗?

I: of course. But I'm afr aid I'm not much of a dancer…

当然,但是我不怎么会跳舞。

L: don't worry. I'm not much of a dancer myself.

别担心。我也不怎么会跳。

I: you're dancing so well.

你跳的真好。

L: you dance beautifully too.

你跳的也不错。

I: when did you learn to dance?

你什么时候学的跳舞。

L: in college. But I don't dance very often. What's your favourite dance?

大学时候学的。不过我很久没跳了。顺便问一下,你最喜欢什么舞?

I: it's hard to say. It depends. But I love the waltz.

很难说,看情况吧。不过我比较喜欢华尔兹舞。

L: how about tango?

那探戈呢?

I: oh, I like it. It's such a beautiful dance, but I can't do it well. What about you?

也喜欢。探戈舞很美,不过我不怎么会跳。你呢?

L: Tango is my favorite. Anything but hip-hop or the foxtrot.(the music has stopped)

我最喜欢跳探戈舞。都还行,除了街舞和狐步舞。(音乐停了)

I: thank you for the dance.

谢谢你请我跳舞。

L: my pleasure. Let's go and have a drink.

不客气。我们喝一杯怎么样?

I: ok.

好吧

3

Cyber Love 网络情缘

dialogue 1

L: you are dressed to kill. You look gorgeous, Alexander.

盛装打扮啊!亚历山大,你看上去帅呆了!

A: thanks. This is my power suit. I have a dinner date tonight.

谢谢,这是我的’权力套装’,我今晚有约。

L: how did you meet each other?

你们怎么认识的?

A: she's a friend of Amy. We met at Amy's birthday party.

她是艾米的一个朋友。我们在艾米的生日晚会上认识的。

L: is this your first date?

这是你第一次约会吗?

A: yes. I hope it pans out. Cross your fingers, Lily.

是的,我希望一切顺利。祝我成功吧,莉莉。

L: sure it will. Oh, no, it's seven fifteen already.

I'm going to be late for my date.

当然,你一定会成功的。哎呀,已经7点15分了,我约会迟到了。

A: oh…so you buried the hatchet with Steven?

咦……难道你和斯蒂文和好了?

L: absolutely not! He's a cheater. I will never talk to him again. I'm over with him. He's history!

怎么可能!他是个骗子。我再也不会搭理他了。我和他已经结束了,他是过去时了。A: then who will you meet tonight?

那你今晚见谁呢?

L: a guy I met on the internet three month ago.

一个三个月前在网上认识的人。

A: really? Are you sure this is a good idea?

是吗?这可以吗?

L: please don't be so fussy! I didn't just meet him yesterday.

别这么大惊小怪的!我又不是昨天才认识他的。

A: I know, but remember to meet in a public place and don't give out your personal in formation.

我知道,但是记着在公共场合和他见面。别把你的个人信息给他

dialogue 2

A: hey, Lily, what are you doing?

嗨,莉莉,你在干什么呢?

L: waiting for someone.

等某人现身呢。

A: you mean the boy you met on MSN?

你是说你在msn上认识的那个人吗?

L: you're right. He is so funny and I think I'm in love with him.

对,他很有趣,我想我已经爱上他了。

A: you must be joking. You can't fall in love with someone you've never met!

你在开玩笑吧,你从来没见过他,怎么会爱上他呢?

L: I know,but I keep thinking of him every day. And I get really depressed when he's not online.

我知道,但是我每天不停地像他。他不在网上时,我就很沮丧。

A: I think it's just a crush. You can't be serious.

我想你这只是一时迷恋。你不会是认真的吧?

L: well, this might be silly. But I just can't get him off my mind. And I can't help missing him.

也许这有点傻,但是我满脑子都是他。我不停想他。

A: did you tell him?

那你告诉他了吗?

L: yes. He said I'm his dream girl.

告诉了,他说我正是他想找的女孩。

A: you shouldn't take it too seriously. It might be a lie.

你别太当真了。也许他在骗你。

L: I know. I can't tell whether he's serious or not so I need your advice.

我知道。我就是不知道他是不是认真的,所以才需要你的意见。

A: I think you should enlarge your circle of real life friends, and then the right person will come along.

我觉得你应该扩大现实生活中的朋友圈,那合适的人一定会出现的。

4

Office Romance 职场恋歌

dialogue 1

C: What's the problem, Nada? You look down in the dumps.

娜达,怎么了?你看上去怎么闷闷不乐的?

N: I don't know. My life is a big mess. Everything is so compliceted.

我也不知道。我的生活一团糟。怎么这么复杂?

C: come on, nothin can be that bad.

到底怎么了?没什么大不了的。

N: but promise me, you'll keep it a secret.

但你要发誓,替我保守秘密。

C: ok, I promise. So what's troubling you so much?

好吧,我发誓。那到底什么让你这么烦心呢?

N: I've fallen in love with my boss.

我喜欢上我们老板了。

C: really? Is he married?

是吗?那他结婚了?

N: no, of course not. He is still single.

没有,当然没有。他还是单身。

C: then what's your problem?

那你愁什么呢?

N: I try to keep it to myself. But there is a lot of gossip about us.

我本想埋在心里,谁也不说。但是公司里传的沸沸扬扬的。

C: oh, I see. Office romance tends to be the subject of gossip.

啊,明白了。办公室恋情总会引起闲言碎语的。

N: worse still, he is trying to avoid me these days.

更糟糕的是,他这两天在极力躲避我

C: office romance is very tricky.

办公室恋情很难处理的。

N: it gives me a lot of pressure and I feel depressed.

我感到很有压力,心情很郁闷。

C: cheer up, Nada. You'll be fine.

娜达,别这样,高兴点。一切都会过去的。

dialogue 2

C: how's it going?

最近怎么样?

N: I'm in a good mood today, actually. How about you?

事实上,我今天心情很好,你呢?

C: to be honest, I'm a bit fed up.

说实话,我有点烦。

N: what's wrong?

怎么了?

C: there's a girl in my company that I really like but I always get shy when she is around.

我很喜欢我们公司的一个女孩,但是我一看见她就不好意思。

N: I see! Do you want to ask her out?

这样啊,你想约她出去吗?

C: sure, but how?

当然啦,但是怎么约啊?

N: you can ask her out for drink after work.

你可以约她下班后一起喝东西。

C: but for what reasons? She doesn't even know who I am.

但是找什么理由啊?她都不知道我是谁。

N: then you've got a lot of homework to do. You need to get her notice first. 那你要做的事情可就多了,你要先引起她的注意。

C: easier said than done.

说起来容易。

N: you can start by meeting her at the bus stop and saying hello to her.

你可以先在公交车站偶遇她,然后和她搭讪。

C: but I always get tongue-tied when I see her.

但是我一见到她,就不知道说什么。

N: that's something you need to overcome. Men should make the first move as most of girls perfer being chased.

那你一定要克服这个毛病。男士要主动,女孩子喜欢被追啊。

C: I see. I'll try.

知道了。我试试吧。

N: good luck

祝你好运。

5

Staying Together 把爱留住

dialogue 1

J: Jack and Mary broke up.

杰克和玛丽分手了。

A: it’s so sad. They had been together for only two months. Do you know what the matter was?

真令人伤心!他们在一起只有2个月。你知道为什么吗?

J: Mary said Jack was cheating on her. Jack was seeing a girl from his hometown. One day, Mary saw them holding hands and ended the relationship immediately.

玛丽说杰克背着她和别人交往。杰克和他的一个老乡一直很暧昧。一天,玛丽看见他们手牵着手,当场就和他分手了。

A: really? I’m very surprise d. He doesn’t look like a guy who’d ever do that sort of thing, right?

真的吗?我感到很意外。杰克看起来不像那种人,是吧?

J: no, he doesn’t. A nyway, she found out that he had been two-timing her for a long time.

不像。不过,玛丽发现他脚踩两只船已经很长时间了。

A: maybe it is for the best. They are not suitable for each other because they have nothing in common and are completely different people.

也许这样对彼此都好。他们根本不适合,没有共同语言,性格也不和。

J: how so?

怎么说?

A: he is an extrovert while she is an introvert. He likes parties while she hates them.

他外向她内向,他喜欢聚会而她讨厌聚会。

J: poor Mary! She really liked him.

玛丽真可怜!她以前很喜欢杰克。

A: anyway, she was right to end things and she deserves better.

不过,她这样做比较明智,她应该遇到更好的。

B: do you think they’ll get back together?

你觉得他们会和好吗?

A: no, I don’t think so. I know Mary. Once she makes a decision, she won’t change her mind.

我不这么认为。我了解玛丽,她一旦做了决定,就很难改变了。

J: I hope she’ll recover soon.

真希望她能快点回复过来。

A: so do I.

我也是。

Dialogue 2

A: this is tough to say, Jordan, but I think we should break up.

乔丹,我知道这很痛苦,但是我们还是分手吧。

J: are you serious?

你不是开玩笑吧?

A: yes, I mean it.

不,我很认真。

J: but why? Did I do anything wrong?

但是,为什么啊?我做错了什么吗?

A: no, we are just too different. This isn’t wor king.

没有,只是我们性格太不同了。我们之间不会有结果的。

J: hey, come on. It’s too early to say that. We can fix things.

啊,别这样。现在说这些太早了,我们可以在一起的。

A: I have thought about it for a while. I think it’s time to move on for both of us.

我已经想了很长时间了,我想我们还是各走各的路吧。

J: but I still love you.

但是我还是深爱着你的。

A: I’m sorry.

对不起。

J: I knew this would happen some day…

我知道迟早会有这一天的。

A: then why didn’t you talk to me?

那你为什么不早告诉我呢?

J: well. It’s not all my fault, Anna…

可是,也不是全是我的错,安娜。

A: I don't want to argue with you anymore. This is going to be tough, but L et’s try and be friends.

我不想再和你吵了。我知道一定会很难受,但是我们还是做普通朋友吧。

J: I would like that, Anna, but I think I’ll need a little space for a bit.

好吧,安娜,我想静一静。

A: I think we’ll be better off if we are apart.

我想我们还是分开好。

J: shall we keep our friendship?

我们还能做朋友吗?

A: sure, let’s just be friends.

当然,我们还是朋友。

6

Getting Married 执子之手

dialogue 1

S: Hi, Mary. I haven't seen you in ages! I heard that you and Daniel are getting married on August 8th, the opening day of the 2008 Olympic Games. Is it true?

嗨,玛丽,好久不见!听说你和丹尼尔打算8月8日,也就是2008年奥运会的第一天结婚,是真的吗?

E: yes, it is. We've been dating for over 7 years. We have decided to get married on a special day and we think August 8th, 2008 is a red-letter day. 是的,我们已经谈了7年恋爱,决定选个特殊的日子结婚。2008年8月8日正是个好日子。

S: good for you! It sounds like you've done a lot of planning in a very short time.

太好了!看起来你们要在很短的时间内准备很多事情了。

E: yes, there is a lot of to be taken care of---wedding photos, wedding dress, catering, transport, hotel, etc…

是啊,要考虑很多事---拍结婚照,选婚纱,摆酒席,安排车辆等。

S: is everything ready now?

都准备好了吗?

E: almost. The only thing that isn't ready is the hotel. As a lot of people have chosen that day to get married, it is hard to find a hotel that isn't too expensive.

差不多了,就剩酒店了。因为那天有很多人结婚,很难找到价位适合的酒店。

S: have you tried The Peninsula Palace Beijing? My wedding reception was held there and they did an excellent job.

你试过王府半岛酒店吗?我的婚宴就在那儿办的,办的很好。

E: yes, we called, but it is booked up. The only choice is the Regent Beijing but we haven't made up our minds yet.

是的,打过电话了,但是已经订满了,就只剩下北京丽晶酒店了,我们还没决定呢。S: it's an excellent hotel. A friend of mine had her wedding reception there and sasid it was perfect, though very expensive.

北京丽晶酒店很好啊。我有个朋友就在那儿办的婚宴,听说不错,只是价格稍微贵了点。E: that's why we want to have a lo ok at other hotels. We don’t want to spend too much on an extravagant wedding reception.

所以我们想再看看。我们不想在婚宴上太铺张。

S: I guess you're right. I can help you ask other hotels. I am sure there are probably some available.

说的也是,我可以帮你问问其它酒店,肯定有一些还没订满。

E: thank you.

谢谢你。

S: my pleasure.

别客气。

dialogue 2

J: what was your wedding ceremony like, Abigail?

盖布莉加尔,你们的结婚典礼怎么样?

A: my husband and I got married in a registry office with just two friends there as witness target=_blank class=infotextkey>witness es. But then we had three parties to celebrate.

我和我丈夫请了2个朋友做见证人,去婚姻注册处注了册。可是,接着我们要办3场酒席。

J: three parties? That's quite a lot. That must have been expensive!

三场?太多了,一定要花很多钱!

A: well, since my husband and I are from two different countries, and we live in a third country, we decided to have one in each country. It wasn't actually that expensive.

嗯,因为我和我丈夫来自不同国家,而且我们又在第三个国家生活。所以,我们打算在每个国家请一次客。实际上花费也不会太多。

J: were your parents upset that they weren't there to see you get married? 你们的父母没能出席你们的婚礼,他们不会觉得有点失望吗?

A: I would have liked them to be there, but they couldn’t afford to fly out to see us, and we couldn't afford to fly out to see them, so they understood. 我其实很希望他们能来,但是他们负担不了飞过来看我们的机票费用,我们去看他们也同样飞不起,所以我们就互相理解吧。

J: did your husband's family get to meet your family?

你公公婆婆和你父母见过面吗?

A: my husband's parents flew out to meet my family when we got married in my hometown, so that was great. Some people spend ridiculous amounts of money on extravagant wedding receptions, but we agreed that the wedding party should be less about money and more about family.

我们在我家乡结婚的时候,我公公婆婆飞过来和我父母见了一面,非常愉快。有些人为了办个豪华婚礼不惜一掷千金,可是我们还是觉得婚礼应该多一点家庭的温馨,少一点金钱的装点。

J: that makes sense. Did you go on a honeymoon?

有道理。你们去度蜜月了吗?

A: we waited until our one-year anniversary to go on our honeymoon to Africa.

我们想结婚一周年的时候去非洲度蜜月。

J: you really didn't have a very traditional wedding, did you?

你们的婚礼真的跟传统式不沾边,对吧?

A: not at all, but we don’t have a very traditional marriage either, so it suited us perfectly!

没错,而且我们也不是普通的婚姻,所以,这种婚礼和我们正好相配。

7

Childless Couples 丁克一族

dialogue 1

M: what's your opinion about childless couples? Will you choose to have no kids?

你是怎么看待那些不要孩子的夫妻的?你打算要不要孩子。

N: to be honest, I wouldn't.

说实在的,我不打算要孩子。

M: why? Do you have to make a choice now?

为什么?你现在必须做出选择吗?

N: not really. But it has puzzled me for a long time.

不是,只是这事已经困扰我很久了。

M: what's the puzzle?

那你到底愁什么呢?

N: my husband and I prefer to have no kids, but my mother-in-law is very traditional and wants grandkids.

我和我丈夫打算不要孩子,但是我婆婆很传统,很想抱孙子。

M: oh, I see. I think the older generation tend to think in a different way. 啊,这样啊。我觉得老人们总是和我们想法不太一样。

N: yes. It seems she can never accept a childless marriage. We had a fight last night.

是啊,可是我婆婆就是不能理解,为什么结了婚却不要孩子。我们昨天还吵了一架。M: oh, really? Maybe she is just eager to see her grandchildren.

是吗?也许她只是抱孙心切吧。

N: but it's absolutely our own business to have a child or not.

但是要不要孙子,完全是我们自己的事。

M: definitely.

是啊。

N: you know, I often overhear our neighbor, the young couple, fighting about how to raise their kid and I really don't want kids to spoil our happiness.

知道吗?我经常听见我们隔壁那对年轻的夫妻因为教育孩子而争吵。我真不想让孩子影响我们的婚姻幸福。

M: don't worry. I think in most cases, children are the glue that keeps a family together.

不要担心。大多数情况下,孩子还是家庭的粘合剂。

N: I guess you're right. But I still prefer to have no child.

好吧,但是我还是不想要孩子。

M: sure. You can fully enjoy your time together.

好的,那你们就可以好好享受二人世界了。

8

Mixed Marriages 跨国婚恋

dialogue 1

N: if you can choose, will you marry a foreign er or a Chinese?

如果让你选的话,你是愿意嫁给一个中国人还是一个外国人?

S: why? Did tom pop the question?

为什么这么问,汤姆向你求婚了吗?

N: not yet. But I wonder if I can get my parents’ consent.

没有,我怕父母不同意。

S: let me guess, your parents want you to marry a Chinese man, right?

我猜猜,你父母一定是想你嫁一个中国人,对吗?

N: you are right. It is giving me a real headache. I feel like I’m between a rock and a hard place.

是啊,我正头疼呢,我觉得左右为难。

S: I used to have the same problem when I was with my ex.

我和以前的男朋友谈恋爱时,也遇到了同样的问题。

N: oh, how did you deal with it?

那你怎么解决的?

S: I just let it go and continued dating with my Korean boyfriend. But finally we broke up.

我就顺其自然,继续和我的韩国男朋友约会,但是后来我们还是分手了。

N: oh, it’s a pity. What was the matter?

太可惜了,为什么啊?

S: simple. We had personality clashes and there were too many cultural differences.

很简单,我们性格不合,双方文化也有很多不同之处。

N: like what?

比如呢?

S: he hoped to live in the Korean way and asked me to give up working and stay at home to take care of the family.

他希望我过韩式的生活,要求我放弃工作,安心待在家里。

N: Oh, I see. In their culture women should put family first.

这样啊,在他们的文化里,女性应该以家庭为重。

S: yes, he said it would be better for me and for the whole family. But I simply can not quit working.

是啊,他说这样对我,对整个家庭都好。但是我就是不想辞掉工作。

N: so that's why it’s hard to have a happy marriage with a foreign er.

所以和外国人结婚,很难幸福。

S: not really. There are many success ful mixed marriage around us.

也不一定,我们周围不也有很多成功的例子嘛。

dialogue 2

N: more and more Chinese are marry ing foreign ers.

越来越多的中国人嫁给了外国人。

S: that's true. But I have a low opinion of those women who go out with foreign ers.

是啊,但是我挺鄙视那些和外国人在一起的女人的。

N: oh, why?

啊?为什么啊?

S: I think some Chinese wonem marry foreign ers for money while others just want to live abroad. There is no true love between them.

我觉得有些人嫁给外国人是为了钱,有些人是为了去国外定居,反正他们之间没有真爱。N: I wouldn't say that's totally true. I've met many happy intercultural couples.

也不全是吧。我见过很多幸福的跨过夫妻。

S: well, then why aren't there many East-West couples where the man is a Chinese and the woman is a Westerner?

N: I guess it's because the Chinese women are more attractive to Western men.

那为什么没有多少夫妻,男方是中国人,女方是外国人呢?

S: or because they are less attractive to to Chinese men.

可能是因为中国女人对外国男人更有吸引力吧。

N: what do you mean?

怎么说?

S: you know, usually the woman is in her thirties and she is a left girl.

这些女人大约三十多岁,是剩女。

N: a left girl? What's that?

剩女?什么意思啊?

S: they're called that because they're left behind on the shelf. They're also known by their three H's---high diploma, high salary, and high degree.

这么说,因为他们是别人挑剩下的。她们有三高:高文凭,高工资,高学位。

N: and they're also known as the three S's—single, stuck, and born in the seventies.

还有人说她们有三难:单身,高不成低不就,出生在70年代后。

S: definitely! So most of these women go for Western men.

的确!所以这些人就把目标转向了外国人。

N: you have a point here, but I believe some mixed marriages are based on true love.

也许吧。但是有些跨国婚姻还是有真爱的。

S: that' for sure but very few.

那是,不过很少。

9

Home,Sweet Home 甜蜜之家

dialogue英语情景对话1

I: hi, Natasha, how's life?

嗨,娜塔莎,最近怎么样?

N: great. My family came to visit me.

挺好的,我家里人来了。

I: oh, you must be very happy. How many people are there in your family? 那你一定很高兴了。顺便问一下,你们家有几口人?

N: my immediate family is very large. It's my mother, my father, my two older brothers, my younger sister and me.

我的直系亲属很多,有妈妈,爸爸,两个哥哥,妹妹和我。

I: I have a small family. They are my parents, my younger brother and me. 我家人不多。父母,弟弟和我。

N: I thought you were the only child in the family. Didn't China practice the only-child policy in the early 1980s?

我以为你是独生子女呢。中国不是从20世纪80年代早期就开始实行计划生育政策了吗?

I: yes, it did. But my parents are ethnic minority people. It's a preferential policy for an ethnic minority family to have two children.

是的,的确是,不过我父母是少数民族的。少数民族极家庭可以享受优惠政策生2个孩子。

N: interesting. What do you think about families with only one child?

挺有意思的,那你怎么看待独生子女家庭呢?

I: the child must feel very lonely. My younger brother is 10 years younger than me. Before he was born, I used to be the only child and always dreamed that I would have a younger sister or brother one day.

我觉得孩子一定很孤独。我弟弟比我小十岁。他出生之前,我一直是家里的独生子,那时我一直希望自己能有个弟弟或妹妹。

N: do you get along well with each other?

那你们相处的好吗?

I: yes, we are very close. He is 12 years old and very smart. He always makes us laugh a lot.

是的,我们俩关系很好。他今年12岁了,很聪明。经常逗得大家笑个不停。

N: you are very lucky to have such a nice family.

你真幸运,有这么幸福的家庭。

I: thank you.

谢谢你。

dialogue英语情景对话2

i: Have you ever thought about having childrcn. Natasha?

娜塔莎,你考虑过要孩子吗?

N: My parents-in-law want us to have one as soon as possible. But my husband and I decide to wait for a COuple of years.

N:我公公婆婆想让我们尽快要孩子.但是我们决定再等几年.

l: Is it because of your work?

是因为工作的原因吗?

N:YeS. kind of. but that's not the whole story. Wc thougbt it'sjust not the right time and we are not ready to be parents. What about you?

是啊,一部分原因吧,也不全是.我想现在还不是时候,我们还没准备好傲父母呢。你了?

l: Well, I'vc always wanted to have lots of children. Growing up as the only child. I always felt a bit loneIy. I want to have two children and my husband loves kids, too,

嗯,我_直想要很多孩子。我是独生子,小时候一个人很孤独。我想要两个孩子,我丈夫也很喜欢小孩.

N: Will you have Children soon?

你会很快要孩子吗?

l: Maybe next year. You know, we've just bought a car and we need time to save up for the new baby.Because everything is just so expensive nowadays.

也许明年吧。我们刚买车,需要攒点钱为孩子的出生做些准备。现在什么都贵。

N: What do you think of the one-cbild policy in China?

那你怎么看中国的独生子女政策呢?

l: It's hard to imagine how many people there would be in China if it doesn't have this policy. But I still would prefcr to have two children.We don't want our children to be as IoneIy as we were. It's so nice to share your childhood witb a sister or brother.

很难想象如果没有独生子女政策,中国现在会有多少人.但是我还是想要两个孩子.我们可不想让孩子和我小时候一样孤独.能有一个兄弟姐妹分享童年,多幸福啊。

N: That's true.

那倒是,

10

Divorce 离婚之痛

dialogue 1

M: hello, Deva, how are you?

嗨,迪娃,你好吗?

D: can't complain. What about you?

还行吧,你呢?

M: not bad. Have you heard Wendy divorced her husband?

还成。你听说了吗?温迪和她的外国丈夫离婚了。

D: I've heard. She looks quite depressed.

嗯,听说了。温迪看上去闷闷不乐的。

M: Yes. They used to be joined at the hip.

是啊,他们以前好得如胶似漆。

D: I heard they were just married for 5 months.

可是我听说他们结婚才5个月。

M: yes, she said they couldn't communicate well with each other and they often argued over trivial things.

是啊,温迪说他们沟通不好,经常为一些小事吵架

D: yeah. Mixed marriage is tempting but crisis-ridden.

是啊,跨国婚姻虽然很吸引人,但是隐藏着危机。

M: you said it. You know, they fall in love at first sight and quickly jumped into marriage.

是这样。他们一见钟情,然后就草草结婚。

D: maybe they were just attracted to each other but too different to be married.

也许当时他们只是互相吸引,但是差别太大,不适合结婚。

M: yeah. We Chinese have quite different lifestyles and values from

foreign ers.

对啊,我们中国人和外国人的生活方式,价值观念相差太大。

D: definitely. That's why many cross-cultural marriages end in divorce.

的确如此,所以许多跨国婚姻都以失败告终。

M: we've heard so much about Chinese film stars divorcing foreign ers.

经常听说某个中国影星和外国人离婚了。

D: that's true.Just hope Wendy can recover from the pain of divorce soon. 的确。希望温迪尽快从离婚的阴影中走出来吧。

dialogue 2

M: Hi, how are you doing?

嗨,过得好吗?

D: Everything's great. And you?

挺好的,你呢?

M: Same here.Have you seen any new films recently?

还老样子。最近看什么新电影了吗?

D: No, I haven't had a chancc to. But Iire becn watching a Chinese TV scrics called "Chinesc-Style Divoroc.

没有,没机会去啊。但是我在看一部中国电视连续剧,叫<中国式离婚》。

M: Oh. reajly? I saw it two ycears ago. It's worth sceing and it's

thought-provoking.

哦,是吗?我两年前兢看过'r.值得一看,很启发人.

D: Yeah. I found it is so close to our life.

的确,我觉得很贴近生活.

M: It reflects some of our difficulties in this ever-changing word.

反映了我们这个变化莫测的社会中的很多现实问题。

D: You said iL You know, the divOrcc rate has been on the rise in recent year.的确.近年来,离婚率不断增长.

M: Well, it's said that a lot of youag people favor getting married quickly which tend cnd quickly too.

是啊,现在的年轻人流行闪婚,然后很快婚姻就破裂了.

D: I know a couple who divorced a week after gctting married.

我认识—对夫妻,他们结婚后一周筑离婚了。

M: Oh, that's too short-lived.

那简直是太昙花一现了.

D: That's true. It's said the short-lived marriage is typical of the post -80s' generation.

是啊.据说,短暂的婚姻在“80后”一代中很典型。

M: I can't agree more. The "only-child- generation in China tends to know littlc about marriage.

完全同意.中国的独生子女一代,不太明白婚姻的含义.

D: Defrnitely.Thcy don't take relationsbips and marriages very seriously.的确,他们对待恋爱和婚姻都不那么认真。

M: In thcir mind, love is nothing but passion and marriagc is over once the passion is gone.

在他们看来,爱情就是激情,激情没了.婚姻也就结束了.

D: I think, as the sayjpg goes "haste makcs waste- , it is the same with marriage.

我认为,欲速则不达,婚姻也是如此。

11

Plan and Preparations 计划出行

dialogue 1

Tbu Hi, dading! I havea onc-month vacation saved up. How about a trip to Europe?

托马斯:亲爱的,我攒了一个月的假,咱们去欧洲玩玩吧?

Carrto: I could go for tbaC But I'm afraid our budget is a littlc tigbt this year. 凯丽:这主意不错,但我们今年的预算挺紧的.

T: Oh, but I really nccd to leave this town for a change. Working day after day has worn me out Do you have any other suggestions?

哦,但我真想出去转转,换换心情,天天工作太累,你有其他建议吗?

C: We should probably think about going somewhcrc that isn't too far away. How about the countryside? Tbcrc must be many intcr

the delicious local specialties.

我想去附近的地方,郊区游怎么样?肯定挺好玩的,呼吸,呼吸新鲜空气,还能尝尝当地特产.

t Wondcrful! I think that's a great idca How soon until wc can make this happen? I can't wait!

好极,I是个好主意!什么时候去?我都等不及.

C: Tomorrow I haVc anappoinl加cm with my dcntist. What about txt Monday?

明天我去看牙,跟医生约好了.下周一出发吧

相关主题
文本预览
相关文档 最新文档