当前位置:文档之家› 新编大学基础英语综合教程第二册课后翻译

新编大学基础英语综合教程第二册课后翻译

新编大学基础英语综合教程第二册课后翻译
新编大学基础英语综合教程第二册课后翻译

1.London is a very cosmopolitan city伦敦是个非常国际化的大城市。

2. Her mother grew up in the hectic urbon environment.她的母亲是在一种喧嚣的都市环境中长大的。

3 .New York is supposed to be very touristy.纽约被认为是一个充满旅游特色的城市。

4 .The city where I lived a few years ago was dynamic one.我几年前住过的那个城市是一个充满活力的城市。

5. Thetrain was crowded.那班火车非常拥挤。

6. The English often drink tea.英国人经常喝茶。

7 .The earth moves around the sun.地球围绕太阳转。

8 .Last year, I often went to the library of that university.去年我常去那所大学的图书馆。

9 .He left ten minutes ago.他十分钟前离开了。

10. Where did you got last night.昨晚你去哪里了?

11. Who phoned last night?昨晚是谁打的电话?

12 .What happened last night?昨晚发生了什么事情?

13. What does your brother do?你的哥哥是做什么的?

14. Whom is he talking with?他正在与谁说话?

15. When did they leave?他们是什么时候离开的?

16. Nowadays young people like to surf the net to get all kinds of information.现在的年轻人都喜欢上网冲浪,获取各种信息。

17 .The Internet is a good place where people can chat and exchange ideas.网络是一个大家可以聊天交流的好地方。

18 .These days I’ve been looking for materials for my paper.这些天来,我一直都在为我的论文寻找资料。

19. Every year, people organize various activities to celebrate New Year’s Day.每年人们都举行各种活动庆祝元旦。

20. He does everything on his own.他每件事情都要自己独立做。

21. As I was walking down the stress, I met Cathy.我正在大街上漫步时遇见了凯西。

22.My uncle arrived while we were having dinner.我们正在吃饭时,叔叔来了。

23. While he was reading the letter, he heard a knock at the door.当他在看信时突然听到有人敲门。

24 .I was watering the garden when it began to rain当我在花园里浇水时,天开始下起雨来。

25 .We were having a party when the light went out.我们正在聚会时,灯熄灭了。

26. I used to collect stamps when I was a child.当我还是个孩子时,我就常搜集邮票。

27 .People used to go to work by buss, but now many people drive to work.过去人们通常是坐公共汽车去上班。现在很多人自己开车去。

28. I used to write to contact my friends. But now I am lazy and only make a call occasionally.过去我常通过写信和朋友联系,但现在懒了,只是偶尔打打电话而已。

29 . My hometown used to a beautiful place. But now it is heavily air-polluted.我的家乡曾经是个美丽的地方,但现在空气污染很严重。

30 . I hardly recognized him when I saw him. He used to be heavy-weighted.看见他时,我差点没认出来。他以前很胖。

31. Mike is said to be the most intelligent student in our class.据说迈克是我们班上最聪明的学生。

32. She works as a secretary in this company.她在这家公司当秘书。

33. The film tells the ups and downs of a big family.这部电影讲述了一个大家族的兴衰。

34. I’m afraid other kids will laugh at me.恐怕别的孩子会嘲笑我。

35 . We eat out more often than we used to.我们比过去更经常出去吃饭。

36.I haven’t written to him for a long time.我好久没有给他写信了。

37.He came back three days ago.他回来三天了。

38.Tom has already started his job.汤姆已经开始工作了。

39.My mother often took me to visit my grandpa when he was alive.我爷爷还在世时,我妈妈常带我去看他。

40.I have read the book for several times. I first read it during the summer holidays last year.我把那本书读过几遍了。我是去年暑假开始第一次读它的。

41.He specialize in chemistry.他专攻化学。

42.They were in favor of the Domocratic candidate for presidency.他们支持民

主党总统候选人。

43.What are the qualifications for a pilot?当一名飞行员要具备哪些条件?

44.I found her to be a reliable witness.我发现她是一个可靠的证人。

45.We need a foreign policy that is more flexible.我们需要更有弹性的外交政

策。

46.We have been friends for ages.我们是多年的老朋友了。

47.I haven’t heard from him since 2000.2000年后我就没有收到过他的来信

了。

48.He’s been in bed since he broke his leg.自从他摔伤了腿,他就一直躺在床

上。

49.My father has been a Party member for fifty years.我父亲入党五十年了。

50.We have lived in this street for a long time.我们在这条街上住了很长时间

了。

51.Have you done your homework yet?你已经完成作业了吗?

52.He hasn’t finished reading the book yet.他还没有看完这本书。

53.It’s only 11 o’clock and they have already had lunch.现在才11点,他们已

经吃过午饭了。

54.Have you packed the camera yet?——你装好照相机了吗?

55.Yes, I’ve already put it in my suitcase.——是的,我已经把它放入旅行箱了。

56.Many young people are still on the dole.许多年轻人仍在接受失业救济。

57.More than 30 people applied for the position.有30多个人申请这个职位。

58.They used to work more than ten hours a day.他们过去常常每天工作十个小时以上。

59.My doctor advices me to give up smoking.我的医生劝我戒烟。

60.I set up my own business after graduation.毕业后我就开办了自己的公司。

61.In 1970, China successfully launch a man made satellite.1970年,中国成功地发射了一颗人造卫星。

62.The first factory came out in 1860.第一家工厂1860年开业。

63.He working in a private enterprise.他在一家私人企业工作。

64.Can you come along with us tomorrow.你明天能和我们一起去吗?

65.Almost one out of six of students took part in party yesterday. 昨天几乎有六分之一的学生参加了聚会。

66.I can lift this stone.我能举起这块石头。

67.We have to put on warm clothing in winter.冬天的时候我们得穿暖和的衣服。

68.Students mustn’t eat in class.学生不得在课堂上吃东西。

69.We can’t live without air.没有空气我们就不能活。

7o.She doesn’t have to take a morning shower everyday.她没有必要每天早上都洗淋浴。

71.He couldn’t help showing off on the tennis court.他禁不住要在网球场上表现一番。

72.The red lines on the map represent railways.地图上的红线代表地铁。

73.These pictures remind me of my childhood.这些图片让我想起了我的童年。

74.Don’t refer to this matter again, please.请不要再提这件事了。

75.It was very difficult to leave a business we had invested so such in.撇开我们投资巨大的生意是非常困难的。

76.It’ll rain tomorrow.明天会下雨。

77.I’ll have a while coffee and toast.我要一杯加奶咖啡和吐司。

78.You won’t find a ticket for the match.你不会搞到看比赛的票的。

79.I’ll phone her now.我现在就给她打电话。

80.She’ll love the campsite.她会喜欢那个野营地的。

81.Congratulations on winning the match.祝贺你赢得了这场比赛!

82.Have you ever seen the beautiful views of the West Lake?你看过西湖的美景吗?

83.You can go into this building and explore it by yourself.你可以亲自进到这栋楼里探个究竟。

84.On our way back, we met M r﹒Smith.在回来的路上,我们遇到了史密斯先生

85.After a relaxing summer, we’ve come back to school now.过了一个轻松的夏天,我们现在又回到学校上课了。

86.Parents agree that computer games only do harm to children.家长们都认为,电脑游戏对孩子有害无益。

87.He follows a unique pattern in his drawings.他作画具有自己的独特风格。

88.It began to rain last night and lasted until this afternoon.大雨昨晚开始下,一直持续到今天下午。

89.They are all typical of Hollywood movies.这些都是典型的好莱坞电影。

90.He wants to gain some work experience during the vacation.他想利用假期积累一些工作经验。

91.I’m going to study abroad next year.我打算明年出国学习。

92.My parents will be lonely without me.我不在,我父母会孤单的。

93.Don’t go out. It’s going to rain.别出去了,天要下雨了。

94.Don’t worry. I’ll be back right now.别着急,我马上就回来。

95.I’m taking the bus to school right now.我马上就要乘公共汽车回学校。

96.Mary might be ill.玛丽也许生病了。

97.She might come soon.她也许很快就会来的。

98.Peter might be playing basketball.彼德可能正在打篮球。

99.They might be busy getting ready for their trip.他们也许在忙于准备外出旅行。

100.He might not know about it.他可能不知道那件事情。

101.I’m very glad to hear from my sister. There is a photo attach to the letter.我很高兴收到了姐姐的来信,信里附了一张相片。

102.We went surfing yesterday and it was really exciting.、昨天我们去冲浪了,真刺激!

103.You need to cross the street to find the post office.你要穿过街道才能找到邮局。

104.Dad promised to bring me back a scarf when he came back.爸爸答应回来时会给我带一条围巾。

105.The exotic theory has produced great impact on him.那种外来的理论对他影响很大。

106.You’ve always been obsessed with making money.你总是一门心思在赚钱。

107.Jack is an amazing director.杰克是一个了不起的导演。

108.Patients are advised to cut down on their consumption of alcohol.建议病人减少饮酒量。

109.You should not be addicted to computer games.你不应该沉溺于电脑游戏。

110.Do you have any proof that this man stole your bag?你有证据证明这个人偷了你的包吗?

111.She is as beautiful as her sister,她和她姐姐一样漂亮。

112.This lesson is more difficult than that one.这一课比那一课更难。

113.Tom is not as handsome as Jack.汤姆不如杰克英俊。

114.A shower uses less water than a bath.淋浴用水比盆浴少。

115.Jane is the best singer in her class.简在她的班里歌唱得最好。

116.If I see David, I will tell him.如果我看见大卫,我会告诉他。

117.If you study hard, you will pass the exam.如果你学习在努力些,你的考试就会及格。

118.If it’s sunny tomorrow, we will go to the park.如果明天阳光明媚,我们就去公园。

119.If you eat an apple everyday, you will probably be healthier.如果你每天吃一个苹果,你也许就会更健康。

120.If you cook the supper, I will wash the bowles.如果你做晚饭,我就洗碗。

121.A lot of money is invested in the stock market 大量的金钱被投入到股市中。

122.These fashionable garments are made in our company.这些时装室友我们公司生产的。

123.Our school was founded in 1957.我们学校成立于1957年

124.This pattern is out of fashion.这种样式已经过时了。

125.The electricity used by computers accounts for the country’s commercial consumption.电脑用电占了这个国家商业用电的5%

126.-Are you going to pay the rent today?- No,I have already. –你打算今天付房租吗?-不,我已经付过了。

127.-Is Mr.smith in his office? -No,he has done it just come off work .-史密斯先生在办公室吗?-不,他刚下班了。

128.-Please remember to close the windows before you leave

-Don't worry, I have closed all the doors and Windows-请记住离开前关好门窗-不用担心,我已经把所有的门窗都关好了

129.-Can you lend me some money? -No ,I’m sorry .I have just spent all of mine.- 能借点钱给我吗?-对不起,我刚刚把我所有的钱都花光了。

130.-You like to buy this pair of jeans ,don’t you?- No ,I have just bought one.-你想买这条牛仔裤,对不对?-不,我刚刚买了一条。

全新版大学英语综合教程1课后翻译题答案

Unit 1 Growing Up Ⅱ. Translation 1.那是个正规宴会,我照妈妈对我讲的那样穿着礼服去了。(formal) As it was a formal dinner party, I wore formal dress, as Mother told me to. 2.他的女朋友劝他趁抽烟的坏习惯尚未根深蒂固之前把它改掉。(take hold) His girlfriend advised him to get out of/get rid of his bad habit of smoking before it took hold. 3.他们预料到下几个月电的需求量很大,决定增加生产。(anticipate) Anticipating that the demand for electricity will be high during the next few months, they have decided to increase its production. 4.据说比尔因一再违反公司的安全规章而被解雇。(violate) It is said that Bill has been fired for continually violating the company’s safety rules. / Bill is said to have been fired for continually violating the company’s safety rules. 5.据报道地方政府已采取适当措施避免严重缺水(water shortage)的可能性。 (avoid, severe) It is reported that the government has taken proper measures to avoid the possibility of a severe water shortage. /The local government is reported to have taken proper measures to avoid the possibility of a severe water shortage. 苏珊(Susan)因车祸失去了双腿。有一段时间,她真不知如何面对自己再也不能行走的事实。 一天,苏珊在浏览杂志时,被一个真实故事吸引住了。那个故事生动地描写了一个残疾(disabled)姑娘是如何成为一位作家的。苏珊读后深受鼓舞,开始相信她最终会成为一个有用的人生活下去。 Inspire vivid scan face up with finally Susan lost her legs because of / in a car accident. For a time, she didn’t know how to face up to the fact that she would never (be able to) walk again. One day, while scanning (through) some magazines, a true story caught her eye /she was attracted by a true story. It gave a vivid description of how a disabled girl became a writer. Greatly inspired, Susan began to feel that she, too, would finally be bale to lead a useful life. Unit 2 Friendship II. Translation 1)半个小时过去了,但末班车还没来。我们只好走路回家。(go by) Half an hour had gone by, but the last bus hadn’t come yet. We had to walk home.

综合教程课后翻译答案

1、我不曾想到,随着时间的流逝,我果真以身为社工而自豪(count on ;take pride in ) What I didn ' t count on was that over time I would sincerely take pride in being a social worker. 2、奶奶迅速瞥了一眼墙上的时钟,发出一声惊呼:天哪,我们要赶不上火车了 ( Shoot a look at ;let out) Shooting a quick look at the clock on the wall, Grandma let out a cry, “ Oh, My dear /My goodness/My gracious, we're going to miss the train! ” 3、我总在幼儿园门口看到一些孩子抓住父母不让走。请问:在这种情形下,年轻的父母们是否得对孩子严厉些,赶紧离开?(stern;hold on to sb) At the kindergarten entrance, I always see some kids/children holding firmly on to their parents. Should young parents be sterner towards their kids/children and leave immediately under these circumstances? 4、昏暗的路灯下站着一个哭泣的小女孩( dim;weep ) In the dim street light stood a weeping little girl/ a girl weeping. 5、富人捐赠时要尽量考虑周全,不要让受赠者陷入难堪的境地(considerate;embarrassing) When making donations, rich people should be as considerate as possible in order not to put the recipient in an embarrassing situation. 6、从上个月起,我的工作就是围绕日常办公事务转,所以现在每天掰着手指算什么时候才到国庆节:我和朋友要去乡下远足呢!(revolve;count the days ) Since last month, my work has been revolving around the routine office duties, so now I am counting the days until the National Day comes, when my friends and I are going hiking in the countryside. 7、无论是友情还是爱情,你都不可能期待自己付出最少而得到最多(maximum ;minimum.) In either friendship or love / In both friendship and love, you should never expect to take / receive the maximum while you give the minimum. 8、我把全部希望寄托在他的承诺上,结果却发现他根本不是个真诚的人(build on;sincerity) I built all my hopes on his promise(s), only to find that he was not a man of sincerity at all. 9、我们带母亲去了所有我们能找到的最好的医院,但一切努力都是徒劳的,母亲还是没能熬过那次疾病(in vain) We took Mother to all the best hospitals we could find, but all our efforts were in vain; she failed to survive the disease. 10、情人节是个一年一度在 2 月14 日庆祝的节日,一个向心仪的对象表达爱意的好日子(affection) Valentine 's Day is an annual holiday celebrated on February 14, a perfect dayto express love to the object of your / one's affection. 11、在信息时代,通过电子邮件方式跟远方的朋友交流几乎可以是同步的(era;via) In the information era, communications with far-away friends via e-mail can be almost / virtually simultaneous. 12、爱情需要培养,我们梦想拥有的“永恒的爱情”只有在双方学会欣赏对方、包容对方之后才可能缔造(nurture;forge) Love needs to be nurtured, and the “ eternal / everlasting love” that we all dream to have is not forged until we learn to appreciate and tolerate the other. 13、以共同兴趣为基础的友谊是不容易破裂的(ground;break up) The friendship based on the sane interest doesn't break up easily 14、孩子们必须学会将电脑游戏中的暴力与勇敢区分开来(distinguish between) Children must learn to distinguish the 15、当今世界每天涌现如此多新鲜事物,要求一个人什么都知晓是不合情理的(sensible)

大学英语综合教程4课后翻译

攻势已经持续了三天,但是我们并没有取得多少进展。我们在前线与敌人交战的部队遇到了强力的抵抗。师长(DIVISION COMMANDER)命令我们营(BATTALION)绕到敌人后方发起突然袭击。然而,要绕到敌人后方,我们必须越过一片沼泽地(MARSHLAND)。我们很多人担心会陷入泥潭之中。我们营长决定冒一下险。我们在夜幕掩盖下出发,不顾困难,奋勇向前。幸运的是,夜间温度突然下降到摄氏零下20度,烂泥地都结上了冰。由于这寒冷的天气,我们于天亮前到达并从敌人后方发起进攻。这一下扭转了战局。敌人没有戒备,不久便投降了。 The offensive had already lasted three days, but we had not gained much ground. Our troops engaging the enemy at the front were faced with strong/fierce/stiff resistance. The division commander instructed our battalion to get around to the rear of the enemy and launch a surprise attack. To do so, however, we had to cross a marshland and many of us were afraid we might get bogged down in the mud. Our battalion commander decided to take a gamble. We started under cover of darkness and pressed on in spite of great difficulties. By a stroke of luck, the temperature at night suddenly dropped to minus 20 degrees Celsius and the marsh froze over. Thanks to the cold weather, we arrived at our destination before dawn and began attacking the enemy from the rear. This turned the tide of the battle. The enemy, caught off guard, soon surrendered. Unit 2 汽车在二十世纪改变了世界,尤其是在美国和其他工业国家。汽车确实对我们大有用处,但也带来了一些危害,比如声音污染、空气污染以及公路死亡事故。据报导汽车事故被列为全世界导致死伤的主要原因之一。可庆幸的是,现代发明家们正在重新发明汽车。新的推进系统(PROPULSION SYSTEM)、燃料、设计以及制造汽车的手段在过去的十年中得到迅速发展。例如,通过使用卫星辅助的全球定位系统,汽车里的计算机能给汽车精确定位;随着遥感器的应用,智能汽车能排除不少汽车事故。 Automobiles changed the world during the 20th century, particularly in the United States and other industrialized nations. They are indeed of great use to us, but they have brought some hazards as well, such as noise and air pollution, and highway fatalities. It is reported that automobile accidents rank among the leading causes of death and injury throughout the world. Fortunately modern innovators are reinventing the automobile. New propulsion systems, fuels, designs, and means of manufacturing cars have all developed rapidly in the past decade. For example, by using the satellite-aided global positioning system (GPS), a computer in the automobile can locate the vehicle's precise position, and with the application of sensors, smart cars can eliminate most car accidents.

英语专业综合教程2课后翻译答案

Unit1 1.那部关于古代战争的电影采用了先进的技术,令观众仿佛身临其境。 Thanks to advanced technology, the film about the ancient battle gives the audience the illusion of being on the battlefield themselves. 2. 在那场大火中,整个古城毁于一旦,但是这块石碑却幸运地保存了下来。(devastate)That ancient city was devastated by the fire, but fortunately the stone tablet survived. 3.他们看了那段录像,听了那位妇女的讲述,心里充满了对那位地震孤儿的同情。 The videotape and the story by the woman filled them with sympathy for the child who had become an orphan in the earthquake. 4.那场大地震中,我们听到过太多太多教师的事迹,他们拒绝离开学生自己逃生,献出了自己的生命。(leave behind) In that earthquake, we heard many stories of teachers who had refused to leave their students behind and laid down their lives. 5.豫园的建造始于1558年,但由于资金短缺时建时停,1578年才完成。 The construction of the Yu Yuan Garden began in 1558, but it was not completed until 1578 because building went off and on for lack of money. 6. 1980年我遇到她时,她刚从国外读完硕士回来。(meet up with) In 1980, when I met up with her, she had just returned from abroad with a master’s degree. 7.这是我第一次来纽约,但我还是设法找到了那家小公司。 It was my first visit to New York, but I managed to find my way to the little firm. 8.在电影界要达到顶峰时非常困难的,但是作为一名导演谢晋做到了。 It is hard to make it to the top in the movie industry, but as a director Xie Jin did it. Unit2 1. 如今很多爱慕虚荣的年轻人,尽管还不富裕,但却迷上了漂亮的小汽车。(vain, be obsessed with) Many vain young people are obsessed with fancy cars despite the fact that they are not yet rich enough to afford them. 2.当他的婚外恋被妻子发现后,他们的婚姻终于破裂了。(affair, fall apart) Their marriage finally fell apart when his affair with another woman was found out by his wife. 3.那位艺术家为了获得创作的灵感,在农村住了三年,放弃了生活上的许多享受。(inspiration, deny oneself something) For artistic inspiration, the artist lived in the country for three years, where he denied himself many comforts of life. 4.我不知道明天去崇明岛的远足活动能不能成行,因为这要取决于会不会下雨。(excursion, at the mercy of) I’m not sure if we can have the excursion to Chongming Island tomorrow. It is

英语 大学英语综合教程2 翻译

一The rumor of the divorce was nothing but a means of hype for his new movie 离婚 他孤注一掷,用父母留给他的所有钱来开一家工厂。 He took a gamble on starting a factory with all the mone y his parents had left him. After winning the important game they hoisted their captain to their shoulders in shouting triumph.(赢得那场重要的比赛后) 4) 在全球化热潮中,我们要提防不同文化的冲突 In the rush to go for globalization, we should watch out for collision of cultures. 在这种情况下In the circumstances it was not surprising that there was trouble. 6) 这婴儿非常健康。The baby is the very picture of health. 7) 人们已经意识到儿童接触有关暴力和色情电视节目的危害。 People have realized the dangers of exposing children to vio lence and sex on TV. 8) 我们始终考虑到我们是在为谁制作这部影片。(have in mind) We always had in mind for whom we were making the film.三单元 2他在中学教书,但也兼职些翻译来取外快。 He teaches in a middle school, but he does some translation work o n the side to bring extra money 3自信是件好事,但自信与自员是有区别的 it's good to be confident (about yourself), but there is a differen ce between confidence and conceit 4.只有坚持到底的人才会成功。半运而度的人永远也无法实现梦想。 Only those who stick it out can achieve success Those who give up halfway will never realize their dreams 5一个真正的英雄有勇气,有高尚的目标,而且乐于奉献 A true hero possesses/has courage, a noble purpose and a willingness to make sacrifices 6任何人只要章起这本小说读了第一段,敦会发现很难把它放下。 Anyone who picked up this novel and reads the first paragraph will be hard pressed to put it down 7从某中意义上说,生活就像游冰。如果总是扶任池边,就也学不会。 In a sense, life is like swimming. if you keep holding on to the sides of the pool, you will never learn 3一个民族的前在很大程度上取决于其数育与培训的质量 The future of a nation depends in a large measure upon the quality of education and training 二 1只有那些有过类似经历的人,オ能够完全理解这一点。 Only those who have lived through a similar experience can fully ap preciate this. 3我更特别感谢每一个在这些年来以不同方式做出了贡献的人 i'd like to express my special thanks to everyone who has contribut ed over the years in one way or another

应用型大学英语综合教程课后翻译练

Unit 1 1. As she was about to walk into the elevator she noticed two men alreadyaboard. 她正要走进电梯时,看到电梯里已经有两位男乘客。 2.Her hesitation about joining them in the elevator was all too obvious now.Her face was flushed. 要不要进去和他们同乘一部电梯?她迟疑不决的态度已经太过明显了。她涨得满脸通红。 3. The one who said it had a little trouble getting the words out. He wastrying mightily to hold in a belly laugh. 说这话的人有点费力才把话说完,尽力忍住没有放声大笑。 4. How do youapologize to two perfectly respectable gentlemen for behaving as though they were going to rob you? 把两位绝对体面正派的绅士看作劫匪,如何请求他们的谅解? 5. The woman brushed herself off. She pulled herself together and wentdownstairs for dinner with her husband. 把两位绝对体面正派的绅士看作劫匪,如何请求他们的谅解? 1. Tom Long _____________________________ (向花园里的一草一木道别) as hewept tears. bid goodbye to everything in the garden 2. She was clear-headed (头脑清醒的) and ____________________________(从不出洋相). never made a spectacle of herself

新世纪大学英语综合教程4课后答案(完整版)

Unit1 Working with words and expressions 1. 2. cloze Translation

Answers to Unit 2 Book 4 Unit Two Man and Technology Words in Action Working with Words and Expressions 1. 1) monitor 2) phenomenon 3) isolation 4) gradual 5) opponent 6) advent 7) genetic 8) consciously 9) extreme 10) nasty 11) boom 12) formal 13) soar 14) survey 15) Similarly 16) modify 17) rough 2. 1) at the same time 2) are stuck with 3) for certain 4) make no difference 5) on average 6) when it comes to 7) depends on 8) built into 9) come to mind 10) at work Increasing Your Word Power 1. Adjectives Nouns Adjectives

Nouns 1) technological technology 6) luxurious luxury 2) eternal eternity 7) leisurely leisure 3) miraculous miracle 8) subjective subject 4) relevant relevance 9) prosperous prosperity 5) analytical Analysis 10) innovative innovation 2. 2) multi-faith 3) multiform 4) multifunction 5) multi-ethnic 6) multilateral 7) multi-lingual 8) multimedia 9) multimillionaire 10) multinational 1) a multi-faith society 2) a multi-lingual secretary 3) a multimillionaire 4) a multinational motor-manufacturing corporation 5) a multifunction video camera

综合教程2课后翻译

大学英语综合教程2课后练习翻译答案 Unit 1 P23 1)行动比言语更响亮。 Action speaks louder than words. 2)这儿的生产需要低于摄氏25度的温度。 The production here needs temperatures lower than 25 degrees Celsius. 3)我喜欢保存东西而不是把它们扔掉。 I like to keep things rather than throw them away. 4)这里除了我之外没有别人。 There is nobody here other than me. 5)她宁愿辞职也不愿为那位老板干活。 She’d rather leave her job than (be forced to) work for that boss. P26 1)在生活中,我们最愚蠢的行为就是太执着于自己的东西,不愿意放弃。(cling to sth., let go) In life,our stupidest course of action is to cling too much to what we have and refuse to let go. 2)我愿意在IT行业工作,但我不知如何着手。(go about sth.) I am willing to work in the IT industry,but have no idea how to go about it. 3)许多人都已意识到与大自然和谐相处的重要性。(aware of, in harmony with) Many people are aware of the importance of living in harmony with nature. 4)像“代沟”这样的问题是不可以被掩盖起来的。(sweep … under the carpet) Problems like the generation gap cannot be swept under the carpet. 5)我始终不懂什么事在使她烦心。(eat away at) I never did understand what was eating away at her. 6)他一生都与世无争。(at peace with) He has been at peace with the world all his life. 7)他没有说出自己的想法。一则她未必理解,二则他怕她未必肯原谅他。(for one thing …, for another …) He did not speak out / say what he thought.For one thing, she might not understand. For another, he was afraid that she might not forgive him. 8)岁月流逝,他对中国文化越来越感兴趣。(roll by) As the years rolled by,he became increasingly interested in/fascinated by Chinese culture. Unit 2 P55 1)一个令人愉快的假日 a delightful holiday

新世纪大学英语综合教程1翻译答案(全)

(1)这个婴儿还不会爬(crawl),更不要说走了。(let alone) The baby can’t even crawl yet, let alone walk! (2)威尔声称谋杀案发生时他正在与一群朋友吃饭,但是我认为他在说谎。(claim, in one’s opinion) Will claimed he was dining with a group of friends at the time of the murder, but in my opinion he told a lie. (3)一定程度上阅读速度与阅读技巧密切相关;有了阅读技巧,你就可以更好地应对课外阅读了。(to a certain extent, relate …to …, cope with) To a certain extent the speed of reading is closely related to reading skills; and with reading skills you can cope with outside class reading better. (4)根据规则他俩都可以参加比赛。(according to) According to the regulation/rule, they both can play the game/participate in the game. (5)有些人想当然地认为日语(Japanese)中的每一个词在汉语中都有对应的词语。(assume, equivalent) Some people assume that there is a Chinese equivalent for every Japanese word. (6)我们已将所有的相关信息告知了警方。(relevant) We have passed all relevant information on to the police. (7)关于那件事你问我再多的问题也没用,因为我是不会回答你的。(it’s no use) There is no use asking me any more questions about that matter because I won't answer. (8)事先没有仔细阅读合同(contract)就签了名是吉姆的错误。(on one’s part) It was a mistake on Jim's part to sign the contract without reading it carefully. (9)他们拒绝向我们提供所需要的全部信息。(provide …with) They refused to provide us with all the information we need. (10) 这起事故与三年前发生的一起事故极为相似。(similar to) This accident is very similar to the one that happened three years ago. (11)这部影片是根据莎士比亚的戏剧改编的。(base on) The film is based on a play by Shakespeare (12)如果你的英语和电脑技能都掌握得好,那么你在谋职时就一定比别人更有优势。(have an advantage over) If you have a good command of English and computer skills, you will surely have an advantage over others in finding a job.

新标准大学英语综合教程4课后翻译

新标准大学英语综合教程4课后翻译 Uint 1 If you ask me, real life is not all it's cracked up to be. Twelve years at school and three years at uni versity, teachers banging on about opport un ities in the big wide world bey ond our sheltered life as stude nts, and what do I find? 依我看,现实生活与人们想象的不一样。我们上了12年的中、小学,又上了3年的大学, 这期间老师们一直在没完没了地谈论在安宁的学生生活之外那个广阔天地里的各种机会,可 我遇到的又是什么呢? Try as I might to stay cheerful, all I ever get is hassle, sometimes with people (especially boys, god, whe n will they grow up?), but mostly with mon ey. It's just so expe nsive out here! Everyone wants a slice off you. The Inland Revenue wan ts to deduct in come tax, the bank man ager wants repayments on my student loan, the Iandlord wants the rent, gas, water, electricity and my mobile bills keep coming in, and all that's before I've had anything to eat. And then some bright spark calls me out of the blue, ask ing if rm in terested in buying a pension. At this rate, I won't even last till the end of the year, let alone till I'm 60. 无论我怎么想保持心情愉快,麻烦事总是接踵而来:有时是跟人争吵(尤其是跟男孩,天哪!他们什么 时候才能长大?),但通常是为钱发愁。这个地方什么东西都很贵!人人 都想从我身上拿点钱去:国税局要收个人所得税,银行经理要我偿清学生贷款,房东催我 交房租、燃气费、水费、电费,手机账单也不断地寄来。所有这些还没算上吃饭的钱。更 可气的是,不知从哪里冒出一个自作聪明的家伙冷不丁地给我打电话,问我要不要买养老金。 照这样下去,我连今年都活不过去了,更别提活到60岁领养老金了。 汉译英 我认为,选修第二专业并不适合每一位本科生。我大学本科主修英语专业,大一时就开始辅修经济学了。无疑,我是班里最用功的学生。我竭尽全力想同时达到两个不同专业的 要求,但还是有不及格的时候。因为经济学需要良好的数学基础,我不得不花大量时间钻 研数学,因而忽略了英语学习。 If you ask me, tak ing a sec ond major isn't good for every un dergraduate. In my freshma n year as an En glish major, I took economics as my minor. By all odds, I was the most hardwork ing stude nt in my class. But try as I might to meet the requireme nts of the two differe nt subjects, I still could n't do well eno ugh to pass all the exams. Given that the study of econo mics required a good comma nd of mathematics, I had to spe nd so much time on math that I n eglected my En glish major. 第二学期,《英国文学》及《宏观经济学》两门课不及格给我敲响了警钟,这可是我一生中第一次考 试不及格,这大大打击了我的自信心。虽然我不是一个容易向命运低头的人, 在暑假结束的时候,我还是决定放弃经济学,以免两个专业都难以完成。当我只需修一个 专业的时候,一切似乎又回到了正轨。(if you ask me; odds; try as …might; sap on e's con fide nee; give n that; bow to fate;come to a close; for fear that; now that) Faili ng En glish Literature and Macroec onomics in the sec ond semester soun ded the alarm for me. This was the first time I did not pass a course in my life, which had greatly sapped my con fide nee. Although I was n ot a man who would easily bow to fate, as the summer break came to a close, I decided to give up econo mics for fear that I would fail in both subjects. Now that I had only one subject to attend to,everything seemed to be on the right track again. Uint2 In dubitably the vast majority of books overlap one ano ther. Few in deed are those which give the impressi on of orig in ality, either in style or in content. Rare are the unique books -less tha n 50, perhaps, out of the whole storehouse of literature .In one of his recent auto-biographical no vels, Blaise Cendrars points out that R my de GSurmont, because of his knowledge and awareness of this repetitive quality in books, was able to select and read all that is worthwhile in the entire realm of literature.Cendrars himself —who would suspect it? —is a prodigious reader. He reads most authors.Not only that, but when he likes an author he reads every last book the man has written, as well as his letters and all the books that have been written about him. In our day his case is almost un paralleled, I imagi ne.For, not only has he read widely and deeply, but he has himself written a great many books. All on the side, as it were. For, if he is anything, Cendrars, he is a man of action, an adventurer and explorer,a man who has known how to ——waste II his time

相关主题
文本预览
相关文档 最新文档