当前位置:文档之家› 初二英语课文18

初二英语课文18

初二课文:Unit 18 Come to the Party
ANN: Hello, Bruce. What a beautiful day!
安: 你好,布鲁斯。天气多么好啊!

BRUCE: Yes, it's beautiful, isn't it?
布鲁斯: 是的,今天的天气真好!

ANN: I hope you can come to my party next Sunday.
安: 我希望你能参加我下星期天的聚会。

BRUCE: Party? What party?
布鲁斯: 聚会?什么聚会?

ANN: It's my birthday, and I'm going to have a party. Didn't you know?
安: 我的生日聚会,我计划举办一个聚会。你不知道吗?

BRUCE: No, I didn't.
布鲁斯: 不,我不知道。

ANN: Oh, dear. I forgot to tell you. Would you like to come?
安: 哎唷。我忘了告诉你。你愿意来吗?

BRUCE: Sure. I would love to come. Thanks a lot.
布鲁斯: 当然。我愿意来。非常感谢。

KATE: Hi, Ann!
凯特: 你好,安!

ANN: Hi, Kate.Next Sunday is my birthday. Can you come to my birthday party?
安: 你好,凯特。星期天是我的生日。你能来参加我的生日聚会吗?

KATE: Oh, thanks very much. I'd love to. What time is it going to start?
凯特: 噢,非常感谢。我当然想去。聚会什么时候开始?

ANN: Half past four. Don't forget to tell Jim. I hope he can come too.
安: 4:30。别忘记告诉吉姆。我希望他也能来。

KATE: OK. I'm sure he would love to come.
凯特: 好的。我相信他会来的。

MRS READ: Hello. 8906214.
里德夫人: 喂,这是890621。

JIM: Oh, good evening. May I speak to Ann, please?
吉姆: 噢,晚上好!我想跟安讲话,行吗?

MRS READ: Certainly. One moment, please.
里德夫人: 当然。请稍等

ANN: Hello. Ann here.
安: 喂。我是安。

JIM: Oh, hello, Ann. This is Jim-Jim Green.
吉姆: 噢,你好,安。我是吉姆--吉姆·格林。

ANN: Oh, hi, Jim!
安: 噢,你好,吉姆!

JIM: Ann, thanks a lot for asking me to your party. I'd love to come.
吉姆: 安,非常感谢你邀请我参加你的聚会。我很乐意去。

ANN: Great!
安: 好极了!

JIM: It starts at four thirty, doesn't it?
吉姆: 聚会4:30开始,是吧?

ANN: Yes, that's right.
安: 是,很对。

JIM: OK. But I'm afraid I may be a little late.
吉姆: 好。不过我恐怕会稍晚一点到。

ANN: That's OK. It doesn't matter.
安: 好的。不要紧。

JIM: Right. See you.
吉姆: 好吧。再见。

ANN: See you. Bye.
安: 到时候见。再见。

MRS READ: Hello. 8906214.
里德夫人: 喂,这是890621。

BILL: Oh, hello. Could I speak to Ann, please?
比尔: 噢,喂。请安接电话好吗?

MRS READ: I'm afraid not. She isn't here at the moment. Can I take a message?
里德夫人: 恐怕不行。她这会儿不在。有话要我转告吗?

BILL: Yes, please. This is Bill here. Is that Mr

s Read?
比尔: 是的,劳驾了。我是比尔。你是里德夫人吗?

MRS READ: Oh, hello, Bill. Yes, this is Ann's mother.
里德夫人: 噢,你好,比尔。对,我就是安的母亲。

BILL: Thank you very much for asking me to Ann's party on Sunday. I'm very sorry, but I can't come.
比尔: 非常感谢你邀请我参加星期天安的聚会。但很抱歉,我不能来。

MRS READ: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.
里德夫人: 噢,真遗憾。

BILL: I'm afraid we're going to be in Shanghai that day. I hope you all have a good time.
比尔: 恐怕到那天我们将在上海了。我祝你们玩得痛快。

MRS READ: Thank you. I'll give her the message.
里德夫人: 谢谢。我会把这个口信转告她的。

BILL: Thank you. Goodbye.
比尔: 谢谢。

MRS READ: Goodbye.
再见。

It was half past four. Everything was ready. All the food was on the table. The sandwiches were on the plates, and the candles were on the cake. Ann felt very happy.
4:30, 一切都准备好。食品已全上桌。三明治在碟子里,蜡烛插在蛋糕上。安觉得很愉快。

"We're ready!" she said. "Where is everyone?"
"我们都准备好了!"她说,"人都到哪儿去了?"

"That's the doorbell," said Ann's mother. "They're here!"
"门铃响了,"安的母亲说。"他们来啦!"

Ann ran to the door, and found Li Lei outside.
安跑到门口,看见李磊在门外。

"Happy birthday!" he said. "Here's your present."
"生日快乐!"他说,"这是给你的礼物。"

"Oh, thank you!" said Ann. "Look at the nice paper. Can I open it now, or later?"
"噢,谢谢你!"安说,"瞧这漂亮的纸。我现在开还是以后再开?"

"There's no time!" laughed Mother."Here are the twins."
"没时间了!"母亲笑着说,"双胞姐妹到了。"

"Happy birthday!" said the twins, and gave her a big red box.
"生日快乐!"双胞姐妹说,并将一个大红盒子送给了她。

"What's in the box?" Ann thought. Was it some clothes?
"盒子里是啥呢?"安心想,会是衣服吗?

But there was no time to think.All her other friends were now outside the door.
但来不及去想了。其余的朋友现在也全都到门外了。

"Happy birthday!" they said.
"生日快乐!"他们说。

"Thank you, everyone. Please come in," said Ann.
"感谢你们大家。请进来"安说。

"Is everyone here?" asked Mother.
"都到齐了吗?"母亲问。

"No. Where's Jim?" asked Ann.
"没有。吉姆在哪儿?"安问。

"I'm here!" said Jim. "And so is Polly!"
"我在这儿!"吉姆说,"波利也在这儿!"

"Happy birthday!" said Polly, and gave Ann her present---a red feather.
"生日快乐!"波利说,然后给安送礼物--一根红羽毛。

"Thank you, Polly!" laughed Ann."What a beautiful present! I can wear it in my new hat."
"谢谢你,

波利!"安笑着说。"多么美丽的礼物啊!我可以把它插在我的新帽子上。"

(After the party. Ann feels very happy.)
(聚会之后,安感到非常愉快。)

ANN: What a great party! I really enjoyed it. Thank you, Mum, for my party, and for my beautiful presents!
安: 聚会好极了!我真喜欢。妈,谢谢你为我举办聚会,谢谢你送给我美丽的礼物!

MOTHER: Not at all, dear. It was a pleasure.
母亲: 不必客气,亲爱的。这样我很高兴。

相关主题
文本预览
相关文档 最新文档