英语趣味谜语

  • 格式:doc
  • 大小:36.00 KB
  • 文档页数:7

下载文档原格式

  / 15
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

What animal has a head like a cat, eyes like a cat, a tail like a cat, but isn't a cat? A kitten.(小猫)

What surprising things happen every 24 hours? Day breaks, but doesn't fall; night falls, but doesn't break.

What can hear you without ears and can answer you without a mouth? An echo.(回声)

What do you know about the kings of France? They are all dead.

What question can you never answer 'yes" to" Are you asleep?

Why do some old people never use glasses? They must prefer bottles to glasses.

You play with this ——(ball)

You eat with this ——(spoon)

You drink with this ——(straw)

You talk with this ——(mouth)

You look with his ——(glasses)

what man cannot live in a house? 什么人不能住在房子里?

Key:snowman(雪人)

What never asks questions but gets a lot of answers? 什么东西永远不问问题但是却能得到很多答案?

Key:dictionary (字典)

A mouse has a large pocket.What is it? 一种鼠有一个大袋子,它是什么?

Key:a kangaroo(袋鼠)

You have it.You read it.There're some pictures in it? 你拥有它,你可以阅读它,它有些图片在里面,它是什么?

Key:book(书)

One story about Jack,an Irishman,who was not allowed into Heaven because he was stingy with his money.

关于万圣节有这样一个故事。是说有一个叫杰克的爱尔兰人,因为他对钱特别的吝啬,就不允许他进入天堂,而被打入地狱。

So he was sent to hell. But down there he played tricks on the Devil (Satan),so he was kicked out of Hell and made to walk the earth forever carrying a lantern.

但是在那里他老是捉弄魔鬼撒旦,所以被踢出地狱,罚他提着灯笼永远在人世里行走。Well,Irish children made Jack's lanterns on October 31st from a large potato or turnip,hollowed

out with the sides having holes and lit by little candles inside.

在十月三十一日爱尔兰的孩子们用土豆和萝卜制作“杰克的灯笼”,他们把中间挖掉、表面上打洞并在里边点上蜡烛。

And Irish children would carry them as they went from house to house begging for food for the village Halloween festival that honored the Druid god Muck Olla.

]为村里庆祝督伊德神的万圣节,孩子们提着这种灯笼挨家挨户乞讨食物。

The Irish name for these lanterns was "Jack with the lantern" or "Jack of the lantern," abbreviated as " Jack-o'-lantern" and now spelled "jack-o-lantern."The traditional Halloween you can read about in most books was just children's fun night.

这种灯笼的爱尔兰名字是“拿灯笼的杰克”或者“杰克的灯笼”,缩写为Jack-o'-lantern 。现在你在大多数书里读到的万圣节只是孩子们开心的夜晚。

Halloween celebrations would start in October in every elementary school.

在小学校里,万圣节是每年十月份开始庆祝的。

An ox and a dog serve for the same farmer.

一头牛和一只狗同时为一个农夫工作。

One day the dog arroga ntly says: “How grand I am! In the daytime, I watch out for the cattle in the meadows; at night, I guard the house. But you…”

一天, 狗骄傲地说着;…我是多么重要啊!白天我在牧场看护家群,晚上我看家。而你呢…..?”

“Me? How about me?” the ox says

“我?我怎么啦?“牛反问。

“You can only plough or draw a cart,” the dog slightly says.

“你只会犁地或是拉车。”狗轻微地说。

“Yes. It‟s true,” the ox says. “But if I don‟t plough, what do you guard?”

“是的。你说得没有错,”牛回答道。“但是如果没有我犁地,你看护什么呢?”

Adding Eyes to a Dragon

画龙点睛

Mr. Li is a good painter. One day he draws a beautiful dragon without eyes.

李先生是位很好的画家。一天画了一条栩栩如生的龙,但是这只龙没有眼睛。

Mr. Zhou looks at the picture and says, “The dragon has no eyes. It isn‟t a good picture.”

周先生见了说:“这条龙没有眼睛。这不算一张好画。”

But Mr. Li smiles and says, “If I add eyes to the dragon, it will fly away.”

可是李先生笑着说:“如果我给它加上眼睛,它就会飞走了。”

Mr. Zhou shakes head and says, “You are boasting. I don‟t believe you.”