当前位置:文档之家› 新视野大学英语第二册课后翻译答案

新视野大学英语第二册课后翻译答案

新视野大学英语第二册课后翻译答案
新视野大学英语第二册课后翻译答案

Unit1

1.她连水都不愿意喝一口,更别提留下来吃饭了。

She wouldn't take a drink, much less could she stay for dinner.

2.他认为我在对他说谎,但实际上我讲的是实话。

He thought I was lying to him,whereas I was telling the truth.

3.这个星期你每天都迟到,对此你怎么解释?

How do you account for the fact that you have been late every day this week?

4.他们利润增长的部分原因是采用了新的市场策略。

The increase in their profits is due partly to their new market strategy.

5.这样的措施很可能会带来工作效率的提高。

Such measures are likely to result in the improvement of work efficiency.

6.我们已经在这个项目上投入了大量的时间和精力,所以我们只能继续。

We have already poured a lot of time and energy into the project, so we have to carry on.

Unit2

1.尽管她是家里的独生女,她父母也从不溺爱她。

Despite the fact that she is the only child in her family, she is never babied by her parents.

2.迈克没来参加昨晚的舞会,也没给我打电话作任何解释。

Mike didn't come to the party last night, nor did he call me to give an explanation.

3.坐在他旁边的那个人确实发表了一些小说,但决不是什么大作家。

The person sitting next to him did publish some novels, but he is by no means a great writer.

4.他对足球不感兴趣,也从关心谁输谁赢。

He has no interest in football and i s indifferent to who wins to loses.

5.经理需要一个可以信赖的助手,在他外出时,由助手负责处理问题。

The manager needs an assistant that he can count on to take care of problems in his absence.

6.这是他第一次当着那么多观众演讲。

This is the first time that he has made a speech in the presence of so large an audience.

Unit3

1.你再怎么有经验,也得学习新技术。

You are never too experienced to learn new techniques.

2.还存在一个问题,那就是派谁去带领那块的研究工作。

There remains one problem,namely,who should be sent to head the research there.

3.由于文化的不同,他们的关系在开始确实遇到了一些困难。

Their relationship did meet with some difficulty at the beginning because of cultural differences.

4.虽然他经历沉浮,但我始终相信他总有一天会成功的。

Though he has had u ps and downs,I believed all along that he would succeed someday.

5.我对你的说法的真实性有些保留的看法。

I have some reservations abou t the truth of your claim.

6.她长得并不是特别高,但是她身材瘦,给人一种个子高的错觉。

She isn't particularly tall,but her slim figure gives an illusion of height.

Unit4

1.有朋自远方来,不亦乐乎?

It is a great pleasure to meet friends from afar.

2.不管黑猫还是白猫,能抓住老鼠就是好猫。

It doesn't matter whether the cat is black or white as long as it catches mice.

3.你必须明天上午十点之前把那笔钱还给我。

You must let me have the money back without fail by ten o'clock tomorrow morning.

4.请允许我参加这个项目,我对这个项目非常感兴趣。

Allow me to take part in this project: I am more than a little interested in it.

5.人人都知道他比较特殊,他来去随意。

Everyone knows that he is special:He is free to come and go as he pleases.

6.看她脸上不悦的神色,我觉得她似乎有什么话想跟我说。

Watching the unhappy look on her face,I felt as though she wishes to say something to me.

Unit5

1.他说话很自信,给我留下了很深的印象。

He spoke confidently,which impressed me most.

2.我父亲太爱忘事,总是在找钥匙。

My father is so forgetful that he is always looking for his keys.

3.我十分感激你给我的帮助。

I'm very grateful to you for all the help you have given me.

4.光线不足,加上地面潮湿,使得驾驶十分困难。

The bad light,coupled with the wet ground,made driving very difficult.

5.由于缺乏资金,他们不得不取消了创业计划。

Being starved of funds,they had to cancel their plan to start a business.

6.每当有了麻烦,他们总是依靠我们。

They always lean on us whenever they are in trouble.

Unit6

1.就像机器需要经常运转一样,身体也需要经常锻炼。

(Just) as a machine needs regular running, so does the body need regular exercise.

2.在美国学习时,他学会了弹钢琴。

He learned to play the piano while studying in the United States.

3. 令我们失望的是,他拒绝了我们的邀请。

To our disappointment, he turned down our invitation.

4.真实情况是,不管是好是坏,随着新科技的进步,世界发生了变化。

The reality is that, for better or worse,the world has changed with advance of new technologies.

5.我班里的大多数女生在被要求回答问题时都似乎感到不自在。

Most of the female students in my class appear to be ill at ease when (they are) required to answer questions.

6. 当地政府负责运动会的安全。

The local government took charge of the security for the sports meeting.

Unit7

1.在会上,除了其他事情,他们还讨论了目前的经济优势。

At the meeting they discussed, among other things, the present economic situation.

2.我对大自然了解的越多,就越痴迷于大自然的奥秘。

The more I learned about the nature,the more absorbed I became in its mystery.

3.医生建议说,有压力的人要学会做一些新鲜有趣、富有挑战性的事情,好让自己的负面情绪有发泄的渠道。

The doctor recommends that those stressed people should try something new,interesting and challenging in order to give their negative feelings an outlet.

4.那个大学生成绩差,单老师给他布置了更多的作业,而不是减少作业量。

The teacher gives more homework to the student who has bad grades instead of cutting it down.

5.相比之下,美国的父母更趋向于把孩子的成功归因于天赋。

6.By contrast,American parents are more likely to attribute their children's success to natural talent.

6.教师首先要考虑的事情之一是唤起学生的兴趣,激发他们的创造性。

One of a teacher's priorities is to stimulate students' interests and their creativity.

Unit8

1. 她一点也不知道这幅画有一天居然会价值100多万美金。

Little did she know that this picture would one day be worth more than a million dollars.

2. 虽然我理解你说的话,但是我不同意你在这个问题上的看法。

While I understand what you say, I don’t agree with you on the issue.

3. 我认为警察的职责就是保护人民。

I think the police are meant to protect people.

4. 昨天我去看他,却发现他已于几天前出国了。

I went to see him yesterday, only to find that he had gone abroad several days before.

5. 在每周例会上,每个人的发言都不能偏离会议议题。

At the weekly meeting, everyone must confine their remarks to the subject.

6. 要是我没说那些愚蠢的话该多好啊!那时我太年轻,不能明辨是非。

If only I hadn’t said those silly words! I was too young then to distinguish right from wrong.

Unit9

1. 我确信自己一定会有出息,即使至今我还没做出大的成绩。

I am sure that I will make something of myself, even though I have not achieved any major success so far.

2. 我这么多年来如此努力,我觉得自己应该有个好的前途。

I have been working hard for so many years; I feel I am entitled to a good future.

3. 当她丈夫离她而去,只留给她生活的残局去收拾时,她的心智失常了。

When her husband deserted her, leaving her with nothing but scattered pieces of life to pick up, she went insane.

4. 从我的立场看,母亲当时过于严厉,并没有顾及我的感受。

From my standpoint, Mother was too hard on me then, without taking my feelings into account.

5. 当我登上事业的顶峰时,常萦绕在我心头的是母亲说过的话:“面对生活,不放弃。”

I reached the summit of my professional career, mother's words "Never be a quitter in face of life" were constantly in my mind.

6. 你应该知道的,不能在大街上踢足球。

You should know better than to play football in the street.

Unit10

1.整个事情我记得清清楚楚,就好像是昨天发生的一样。

I remember the whole thing clearly as though it had happened yesterday.

2.他们中哪个文章写得最好,哪个就获奖。

Whichever of them writes the best essay will win the prize.

3.事实证明,那次预算为一年后工资上调做好了准备。

It turned out that the budget provided for a salary increase one year later.

4.日复一日,年复一年,她做着同样的工作,但从不抱怨。

She did the same job day after day and year after year, but she never complained.

5.途中她忍受了种种艰难困苦;但什么都不能阻止她寻找失散的女儿。

She endured all kinds of hardships on the journey; nothing could keep her from finding her lost daughter.

6.别跟那帮人混在一起。他们在光天化日之下干了很多坏事。

Don't get mixed up with that gang. They have committed many bad things in broad daylight.

新视野第三版-第一册-课后翻译答案

新视野大学英语(第三版)第一册课后翻译答案及原文 Unit 1 原文: Socrates was a classical Greek philosopher who is credited with laying the fundamentals (基础) of modern Western philosophy. He is a mysterious [m??st?ri?s] figure known chiefly([?t?ifli?]adv.主要地) through the accounts of later classical writers, especially the writings of his most famous student Plato.Socrates has become well known for his contribution to the field(n.领域)of ethics(['eθ?ks]n.伦理学). His method of teaching, known as the Socratic Method, by asking and answering questions to stimulate(vt.激发)critical thinking and to explain ideas remains a commonly([?kɑ:m?nli]adv.普通地)used tool in a wide(adj.广泛的)range of discussions. He also made important and lasting contributions to the field of epistemology ([??p?st??mɑ:l?d?i]认识论) and logic, and the influence of his ideas and approach remains a strong foundation([fa?n?de??n]基础)for Western philosophy that followed.Socrates was the most colorful figure in the history of ancient philosophy. His fame was widespread in his own time, and his name soon became a household word although he con structed no philosophical system, established no school, and founded no sect (宗派). 翻译: 苏格拉底是古希腊哲学家,被誉为现代西方哲学的奠基人。他是一个谜一般的人物,人们主要通过后来的一些古典作家的叙述,尤其是他最著名的学生柏拉图的作品去了解他。苏格拉底以他对伦理学的贡献而闻名。他的教学法亦称为苏格拉底法,即通过提问和回答来激发批判性思维以及阐述观点。该方法在各种讨论中仍被普遍使用。他还在认识论和逻辑领域做出了重大而深远的贡献。他的思想和方法所带来的影响一直是后来的西方哲学的坚实基础。苏格拉底是古代哲学史上最丰富多彩的人物。他在他那个时代已威名远扬。虽然他未曾建立什么哲学体系,未曾设立什么学派,也未曾创立什么宗派,但他的名字很快就变得家喻户晓了。 原文: 孔子是中国历史上著名的思想家、教育家,是儒家学派(Confucianism)的创始人,被尊称为古代的“圣人”(sage)。 他的言论和生平活动记录在《论语》(The Analects)一书中。《论语》是中国古代文化的经典著作,对后来历代的思想家、文学家、政治家产生了很大影响。不研究《论语》,就不能真正把握中国几千年的传统文化。孔子的很多思想,尤其是其教育思想,对中国社会产生了深远的影响。在21世纪的今天,孔子的学说不仅受到中国人的重视,而且也越来越受到整个国际社会的重视。 翻译: Confucius was a great thinker and educator in Chinese history. He was the founder of Confucianism and was respectfully referred to as an ancient (古代的)"sage". His words and life story were recorded in The Analects. An enduring(持久的)classic of ancient Chinese culture, The Analects has had a great influence on the thinkers, writers, and statesmen that came after Confucius. Without studying this book, one could hardly truly understand the thousands-of-years' traditional Chinese culture. Much of Confucius' thought, especially his thought on education, has had a profound influence on Chinese society. In the 21st century, Confucian thought not only retains the attention of the Chinese, but it also wins an increasing attention from the international community. Unit 2 原文: Christmas is a widely observed cultural holiday, celebrated on December 25 by millions of people around the world. It commemorates (纪念) the birth of Jesus Christ. The festival dated from as early as 336 AD. Gradually it evolved into a religious as well as secular (非宗教的) celebration, celebrated by an increasing number of non-Christians. Today Christmas is observed as an important festival and public holiday around the world. Christmas customs differ in different

第三版新视野大学英语第二册课文翻译

第三版新视野大学英语第二册课文翻译 Unit 1 An impressive English lesson 1 If I am the only parent who still corrects his child's English, then perhaps my son isright. To him, I am a tedious oddity: a father he is obliged to listen to and aman absorbed in the rules of grammar, which my son seems allergic to. 2 I think I got serious about this only recently when I ran into one of my former students,fresh from an excursion to Europe. "How was it?" I asked, full of earnest anticipation. 3 She nodded three or four times, searched the heavens for the right words, andthen exclaimed, "It was, like, whoa!" 4 And that was it. The civilization of Greece and the glory ofRoman architecture were captured in a condensed non-statement. My student's "whoa!"was exceeded only by my head-shaking distress. 5 There are many different stories about the downturn in the proper use of English. Surelystudents should be able to distinguish between their/there/they're orthe distinctive difference between complimentary and complementary. They unfairly bearthe bulk of the

新视野大学英语第三版-book2-unit3-课后翻译

新视野大学英语第三版BOOK 2 unit 3 课后翻译 英翻中 As an important part of the American culture value system, "individualism" is admired by most American people. Americans view the family as a group whose primary purpose is to advance the happiness of individual members. In contrast to many other cultures, the primary responsibility of the American family member is not to advance the family as a group, either socially or economically. What would be best for the family is not usually considered to be as important as what would be best for the individual. With freedom comes the responsibility to care for oneself, for it is the freedom of choice that carries with it the responsibility: to accept the consequences of the choices. Many Americans give their children a lot of freedom because they want them to be independent and self-reliant. Along with the American emphasis on individual freedom, the belief in equality between parents and children also has had a strong effect on the family. 作为美国文化价值体系的一个重要组成部分,"个人主义"受到大多数美国人的推崇。美国人认为家庭作为一个群体,其主要目的是促进家庭各成员的幸福。与许多其他文化相比,美国家庭成员的主要职责,不是在社会上或经济上提高整个家庭的地位。人们通常认为,什么是对个人最好的要比什么是对家庭最好的更为重要。与自由相伴而来的是照顾自己的责任,因为所选择的自由承载了责任,即必须接受自己的选择所带来的后果。许多美国人给他们的孩子很多的自由,因为他们希望孩子们能够独立和自力更生。在美国人强调个人自由的同时,父母与孩子间平等的信念也对美国家庭产生了巨大的影响。 中翻英 孝道(filial piety)是中国古代社会的基本道德规范(code of ethics)。中国人把孝视为人格之本、家庭和睦之本、国家安康之本。由于孝道是儒家伦理思想的核心,它成了中国社会千百年来维系家庭关系的道德准则。它毫无疑问是中华民族的一种传统美德。孝道文化是一个复合概念,内容丰富,涉及面广。它既有文化理念,又有制度礼仪(institutional etiquette)。一般来说,它指社会要求子女对父母应尽的义务,包括尊敬、关爱、赡养老人等等。孝道是古老的"东方文明"之根本。 Filial piety is the basic code of ethics in ancient Chinese society. Chinese people consider filial piety as the essence of a person's integrity, family harmony, and the nation's well-being. With filial piety being the core of Confucian ethics, it has been the moral standard for the Chinese society to maintain the family relationship for thousands of years. It's undoubtedly a traditional Chinese virtue. The culture of filial piety is a complex concept, rich in content and wide in range. It includes not only cultural ideas but also institutional etiquettes. Generally speaking, it refers to the obligation of children to their parents required by the society, including respect, care, support for the elderly and so forth. Filial piety is fundamental to the ancient "Oriental civilization".

新视野大学英语第二册(第二版)课后翻译原题与答案

01. 她连水都不愿喝一口,更别提留下来吃饭了。 She wouldn't take a drink, much less would she stay for dinner. 02. 他认为我在对他说谎,但实际上我讲的是实话。 He thought I was lying to him, whereas I was telling the truth. 03. 这个星期你每天都迟到,对此你怎么解释? How do you account for the fact that you have been late every day this week? 04. 他们利润增长,部分原因是采用了新的市场策略。 The increase in their profits is due partly to their new market strategy. 05. 这样的措施很可能会带来工作效率的提高。 Such measures are likely to result in the improvement of work efficiency. 06. 我们已经在这个项目上投入了大量时间和精力,所以我们只能继续。 We have already poured a lot of time and energy into the project, so we have to carry on. 07. 尽管她是家里的独生女,她父母也从不溺爱她。 Despite the fact that she is the only child in her family, she is never babied by her parents. 08. 迈克没来参加昨晚的聚会,也没给我打电话作任何解释。 Mike didn't come to the party last night, nor did he call me to give an explanation. 09. 坐在他旁边的那个人确实发表过一些小说,但决不是什么大作家。 The person sitting next to him did publish some novels, but he is by no means a great writer. 10. 他对足球不感兴趣,也从不关心谁输谁赢。 He has no interest in football and is indifferent to who wins or loses. 11. 经理需要一个可以信赖的助手,在他外出时,由助手负责处理问题。 The manager needs an assistant that he can count on to take care of problems in his absence. 12. 这是他第一次当着那么多观众演讲。 This is the first time that he has made a speech in the presence of so large an audience. 13. 你再怎么有经验,也得学习新技术。 You are never too experienced to learn new techniques. 14. 还存在一个问题,那就是派谁去带领那里的研究工作。(Use an appositional structure.) There remains one problem, namely, who should be sent to head the research there. 15. 由于文化的不同,他们的关系在开始确实遇到了一些困难。 Their relationship did meet with some difficulty at the beginning because of cultural differences. 16. 虽然他历经沉浮,但我始终相信他总有一天会成功的。 Though he has had ups and downs, I believed all along that he would succeed someday. 17. 我对你的说法的真实性有些保留看法。 I have some reservations about the truth of your claim. 18. 她长得并不特别高,但是她身材瘦,给人一种个子高的错觉。 She isn't particularly tall, but her slim figure gives an illusion of height. 19. 有朋自远方来,不亦乐乎?(Use "it" as the formal subject.) It is a great pleasure to meet friends from afar. 20. 不管黑猫白猫,能抓住老鼠就是好猫。(as long as) It doesn't matter whether the cat is black or white as long as it catches mice. 21. 你必须明天上午十点之前把那笔钱还给我。 You must let me have the money back without fail by ten o'clock tomorrow morning. 22. 请允许我参加这个项目,我对这个项目非常感兴趣。 Allow me to take part in this project: I am more than a little interested in it. 23. 人人都知道他比较特殊:他来去随意。(be free to do sth.) Everyone knows that he is special: He is free to come and go as he pleases. 24. 看她脸上不悦的神色,我似乎觉得她有什么话想跟我说。 Watching the unhappy look on her face, I felt as though she wished to say something to me. 25. 他说话很自信,给我留下了很深的印象。(Use "which" to refer back to an idea or situation.)

大学英语新视野读写教程第三册课后翻译答案

1.你认为一个人要做些什么才能成为一个幸福的人? What do you think one can do to be a happy person? 2. 自从她去年离开上海去重新过她的农村生活后,我的心里一直很失落。Since she left Shanghai and resumed her life in the country last year, a void has found its way into my heart. 3. 我甚至没想过他会中头奖。 It didn't even cross my mind that he would win the first prize. 4. 我是在大城市长大的,忙忙碌碌的生活对我不再新鲜了。 I grew up in a big city, so the rat race is no longer new to me. 6. 教书是一个重要的职业——一个令人神往的职业,充满挑战和激情。Teaching is an important profession—a fascinating one, filled with challenges and excitement. 7. 如果这位科学伟人还活着的话,毫无疑问他会扩充他的定义,把最新的研究成果If the great scientist were still alive today, he would no doubt expand his definition to include the latest research findings. 8. 解决国与国之间争端的最好的办法是通过联合国。The best way to solve disputes between countries is through the United Nations. 9. 大工厂生产的产品正在替代小工场生产的产品。 Goods produced by big factories are taking the place of the goods produced by small workshops. 10. 这事件可能产生的后果应予以认真考虑。 The likely consequences of the incident need to be reflected on/upon. 11. 他差点解决了这个问题。He was within an inch of solving the problem. 12. 假如你要把财产转让给他人,须使他成为合法产权人 If you want to transfer your property to someone, you should first make him the legal owner of it. 13. 自从公司迁到这个地区以来,已有数十台电脑被盗,公司决定采取措施制止盗窃。More than ten computers have been stolen since the company moved to this area, so the company decided to take action to stop it. 14. 形势要求政府立即作出反应,否则,重大损失将不可避免。

新视野大学英语2 第二单元课文中文翻译

奥ào运yùn会h uì优yōu秀x iù的d e标biāo准zhǔn 奥林匹克运动会依然是一个为竞争而竞争的最纯粹的例子。运动员们在事业和身体上做出牺牲,他们冒着受伤、受挫和彻底失败的危险,仅仅为了国家和自身的荣誉而竞争。为了获得这样的荣誉,运动员必须发挥出在自己的项目上的最佳水平,在世界最大的竞技舞台上发挥模范作用。虽然必须承认,有的运动员利用兴奋剂来提升自己的表现,从而取得优势,但他们从未获得过奥运会所能给予的唯一真正的奖赏,那就是荣誉。而且他们也从未体验过通过刻苦训练与决心这些美德而获胜所带来的光荣感。 迄今为止,卡尔.刘易斯是奥运会田径项目最伟大的选手,也是奥运会精神的典范。这不仅是因为他屡屡获得金牌,——刘易斯在四个项目的比赛中获得九枚金牌,在100米短跑和跳远比赛中保持世界纪录——而且是因为他天性中所富有的竞争力和从1984年到1996年间在每一届奥运会上所表现出的竞争和获胜的能力。如果不是美国拒绝出席1980年奥运会,他也会参加那一年的奥运竞赛。凭借速度、稳定的发挥,诚实,尤其是获胜的渴望,刘易斯的表现非秒表所能计量,甚至时间也停滞不前。他要求自己发挥出最佳水平,而他取得好成绩靠的不是服用药物,而是无与伦比的自制力和训练时的完全投入。 令人惊讶的是,卡尔.刘易斯的父母在他年幼时鼓励他去上音乐课,而不是去参加田径训练。但是他不愿意去,而是把一条胶带粘在地上,以此标出跳远世界纪录的距离,然后以非凡的决心开始向着目标练习跳远。他的父母评价道:“有些孩子今天想着以后当消防员,明天又梦想成为电影明星。卡尔决心练习田径,后来始终没有改变。他说他想成为最好的,就这些。”他多年的训练和从容的自信为他以后卓越的田径生涯打好了基础。

新视野大学英语第三版读写教程3课后翻译答案

如今,很多年轻人不再选择“稳定”的工作,他们更愿意自主创业,依靠自己的智慧和奋斗去实现自我价值。青年创业(young entrepreneurship)是未来国家经济活力的来源,创业者的成功不但会创造财富、增加就业机会、改善大家的生活。从长远来看,对于国家更是一件好事,创业者正是让中国经济升级换代的力量。尤其是在当前,国家鼓励大众创业,万众创新,在政策上给予中小企业支持,这更加激发了年轻人的创业激情。 Nowadays, many young people no longer choose “stable” jobs. Instead, they prefer to start their own businesses and realize their self-value through their own wisdom and efforts. Young entrepreneurship is the source of national economic vitality in the future. The success of entrepreneurs not only creates fortune, increases job opportunities, improves people’s life, but it is also good for the country in the long term. Entrepreneurs are a driving force in upgrading China’s economy. Especially for the time being, our country is encouraging people to start their own businesses and make innovations and giving policy support for medium and small businesses. This further arouses young people’s enthusiasm to start their own businesses.

新视野大学英语第二册答案(第二版)-免费版

新视野大学英语(第二版)第二册Unit 1 (2) 新视野大学英语(第二版)第二册Unit 2 (4) 新视野大学英语(第二版)第二册Unit 3 (6) 新视野大学英语(第二版)第二册Unit 4 (9) 新视野大学英语(第二版)第二册Unit 5 (11) 新视野大学英语(第二版)第二册Unit 6 (14) 新视野大学英语(第二版)第二册Unit 7 (16) 新视野大学英语(第二版)第二册Unit 8 (18) 新视野大学英语(第二版)第二册Unit 9 (21) 新视野大学英语(第二版)第二册Unit 10 (23)

第二册 新视野大学英语(第二版)第二册Unit 1 Unit 1 Section A I Comprehension of The Text 1. The attitude is that if one is not moving ahead he is falling behind. 2. Time is treated as if it were something almost real. (People budget it, waste it, steal it, kill it, cut it, account for it; they also charge for it.) They do this because time is a precious resource. 3. Everyone is in a rush — often under pressure. City people always appear to be hurrying to get where they are going, restlessly seeking attention in a store or elbowing others as they try to complete their shopping. 4. Don’t take it personally. This is because people value time highly and they resent someone else “wasting” it beyond a certain appropriate point. 5. New arrivals in America will miss opening exchanges, the ritual interaction that goes with a cup of coffee or tea and leisurely chats. 6. Americans produce a steady flow of labor-saving devices. They communicate rapidly through faxes, phone calls or emails rather than through personal contacts. 7. The impersonality of electronic communication has little or no relation to the significance of the matter at hand. 8. It is taken as a sign of skillfulness or being competent to solve a problem or fulfill a job with speed in the U.S. Vocabulary III 1. charge 2. convention 3. efficient 4. obtain 5. competent 6. assessing 7. fulfill 8. conducting consequently 10. significance IV. 1.behind 2. at 3. in 4. out 5. to 6.to 7. in 8. with 9. but 10.for V. 1. L 2. C 3. D 4. N 5. O 6.A 7.E 8.G 9.I 10.K Word Building VI 1. commitment 2. attraction 3. appointment 4. impression 5. civilization 6. composition 7. confusion 8. congratulation 9. consideration 10. explanation 11. acquisition 12. depression VII. desirable favorable considerable acceptable drinkable advisable remarkable preferable 1. advisable 2. desirable 3. favorable 4. considerable 5. remarkable 6. preferable 7. drinkable 8. acceptable

新视野大学英语第三版读写教程第三册课后翻译答案

NNCE Book3课后翻译参考答案 Unit1 英译中原文:Global citizen is someone who identifies with being part of an emerging world community and whose actions contribute to building this community's values and practices. Global citizenship believes that humankind is essentially on and each individual has the power to change things. In our interdependent world, global citizenship encourages us to recognize our responsibilities toward each other and learn from each other. Global citizens care about education, disease, poverty, and environmental issues around the world. Today, the forces of global engagement are helping some people identify themselves as global citizens who have a sense of belonging to a world community. This growing global identity in large part is made possible by the forces of modern information, communications and transportation technologies. Global citizenship aims to empower people to lead their own action. Along with the knowledge and values that they have gained from learning about global issues, people need to be equipped with the necessary skills to give themselves the ability and confidence to be pro-active in making a positive difference in the world. Keys:世界公民是指一个人承认自己是新兴的全球社区的一分子,而且其行动对全球社区的价值打造和实践活动有所贡献。世界公民相信人类从本质上来说是一个整体,任何个人都有改变事物的能力。在我们这样一个相互依赖的世界中,世界公民意识鼓励我们认识到对彼此的责任,并从对方身上学习。世界公民关心全球的教育、疾病、贫穷和环境问题。在当今,全球合作的力量在使一些人萌发世界公民的意识,让他们拥有对全球社区的归属感。这种不断发展的世界公民意识在很大程度上来讲,要归功于现代信息、通信和交通技术的力量世界公民意识致力于给予人们力量,让他们付诸行动,世界公民除了要从世界问题中学习知识和价值观,还要拥有必需的技能,使他们拥有能力和自信,积极推动世界的发展。 汉译英原文:如今,很多年轻人不再选择" 稳定" 的工作,他们更愿意自主创业,依靠自己的智慧和奋斗去实现自我价值。青年创业(young entrepreneurship)是未来国家经济活力的来源,创业者的成功不但会创造财富、增加就业机会、改善大家的生活,从长远来看,对于国家更是一件好事,创业者正是让中国经济升级换代的力量。尤其是在当前,国家鼓励大众创业、万众创新,在政策上给予中小企业支持,这更加激发了年轻人的创业热情。 Keys:Nowadays, many young people no longer choose "stable" jobs. they prefer to start their own businesses and realize their self-value through their own wisdom and efforts. Young entrepreneurship is the source of national economic vitality in the future. The success of entrepreneurs not only creates fortune, increases job opportunities, improves people's life, but it is also good for the country in the long term. Entrepreneurs are a driving force in upgrading China's economy. Especially for the time being, our country is encouraging people to start their own businesses and make innovations and giving policy support for medium and small businesses. This further arouses young people's enthusiasm to start their own businesses.

新视野大学英语第三版第二册读写课文翻译

新视野大学英语第三版第二册读写课文所有翻译 Unit 1 Text A 一堂难忘的英语课 1 如果我是唯一一个还在纠正小孩英语的家长,那么我儿子也许是对的。对他而言,我是一个乏味的怪物:一个他不得不听其教诲的父亲,一个还沉湎于语法规则的人,对此我儿子似乎颇为反感。 2 我觉得我是在最近偶遇我以前的一位学生时,才开始对这个问题认真起来的。这个学生刚从欧洲旅游回来。我满怀着诚挚期待问她:“欧洲之行如何?” 3 她点了三四下头,绞尽脑汁,苦苦寻找恰当的词语,然后惊呼:“真是,哇!” 4 没了。所有希腊文明和罗马建筑的辉煌居然囊括于一个浓缩的、不完整的语句之中!我的学生以“哇!”来表示她的惊叹,我只能以摇头表达比之更强烈的忧虑。 5 关于正确使用英语能力下降的问题,有许多不同的故事。学生的确本应该能够区分诸如their/there/they're之间的不同,或区别complimentary 跟complementary之间显而易见的差异。由于这些知识缺陷,他们承受着大部分不该承受的批评和指责,因为舆论认为他们应该学得更好。 6 学生并不笨,他们只是被周围所看到和听到的语言误导了。举例来说,杂货店的指示牌会把他们引向stationary(静止处),虽然便笺本、相册、和笔记本等真正的stationery(文具用品)并没有被钉在那儿。朋友和亲人常宣称They've just ate。实际上,他们应该说 They've just eaten。因此,批评学生不合乎情理。 7 对这种缺乏语言功底而引起的负面指责应归咎于我们的学校。学校应对英语熟练程度制定出更高的标准。可相反,学校只教零星的语法,高级词汇更是少之又少。还有就是,学校的年轻教师显然缺乏这些重要的语言结构方面的知识,因为他们过去也没接触过。学校有责任教会年轻人进行有效的语言沟通,可他们并没把语言的基本框架——准确的语法和恰当的词汇——充分地传授给学生。 8 因为语法对大多数年轻学生而言枯燥且乏味,所以我觉得讲授语法得一步一步、注重技巧地进行。有一天机会来了。我跟儿子开车外出。我们出发时,他看到一只小鸟飞得很不稳,就说:“它飞的不稳。”(It's flying so unsteady.)我小心翼翼地问:“儿子,鸟怎么飞?” “有问题吗?我说得不对吗?(Did I say anything incorrectly?)” 他一头雾水。“太好了,你说的是incorrectly 而不是incorrect。我们用副词来描述动词。所以,要用unsteadily来描述鸟飞,而不是unsteady。”

新视野大学英语3课后翻译题

Unit 1 1.无论你是多么富有经验的演说家,无论你做了多么充分的准备,你都很难在这样嘈杂的 招待会上发表演讲。(no matter how) No matter how experienced a speaker you are, and how well you have prepared your speech, you will have difficulty making a speech at such a noisy reception. 2.就像吉米妹妹的朋友都关心吉米一样,吉米也关心他们。(just as) Just as all his sister’s friends cared about him, Jimmy cared about them. 3.汽车生产商在新车的几处都印有汽车识别号码,以便帮助找回被盗的车辆。(track down) Car manufacturers stamp a vehicle identification number at several places on new cars to help track down stolen vehicles. 4.老师回来时你敢告我状的话,我就不再和你说话了。(tell on) If you dare tell on me when the teacher gets back I won’t say a word to you any more. 5.有些老年人愿意独自过日子,但大多数老人选择和儿女一起生活。(on one’s own) Some elderly people prefer to live on their own while the great majority choose to live with their children. 6.现在需要面对的事情是:如何筹集创建公司所需的资金。(reckon with) Here is something that needs to be reckoned with: How to get the necessary finances to establish the company. Unit 2 1.被告是位年仅30岁的女子,她坚持称自己无罪。(Use an appositive使用同位语) The defendant, a woman of only 30, kept insisting on her own innocence. 2.总体看来,枣、豆类以及一些多叶的绿色蔬菜是最好的铁质来源。(Use an absolute structure使用独立主格结构) All things considered, dates, beans and some leafy green vegetables are the best sources of iron. 3.正餐时不供应饮料,饮料会影响消化。(interfere with) No beverages are served with meals because they interfere with digestion. 4.考虑到那个地区受欢迎的程度,提前订旅馆是明智的。(advisable) Taking the popularity of the region into consideration, it is advisable to book hotels in advance. 5.服药后若有呕吐感,请立即停止服用并尽快咨询医生。(throw up) If you have a feeling of wanting to throw up after taking this drug, stop taking it immediately and consult your doctor as soon as possible. 6.总结这次讨论时,他说双方都要好好考虑怎样以最有效的方法来解决这一问题。(sum up) Summing up the discussion, he said both parties should consider the most effective way to solve the problem. Unit 3 1.在思维方面,与他的行为一样,他是非常传统的。(Use “as” with the meaning of “ in the way that, in the manner that, like”.) In his thinking, as in his behavior, he is very traditional. 2.教室一旦同意接受新的教学计划,他们就得面对新计划所带给他们的压力。(Use” once”

相关主题
相关文档 最新文档